Champions League 2020/21

Morgan

Just now, Tazio said:

Chelsea really need another goal. They’re all over Real but Ramos loves a last minute goal. 

No sooner said than done. 

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Morgan

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Tazio said:

No sooner said than done. 

City favourites but Chelsea have been their equal in head to head matches    deserved victory

Saturday has the sides meeting in the league

Pasquale for King

Madrid losing the head 😆, has anyone not been booked apart that wee fat guy up front that used to be a great player 😂

I’m not sure if I’ve quite seen the Harlem globetrotters style performance from Chelsea that Hoddle is seeing 

reckon they’ll get humped in the final

maroonsgotop

ah, the romance of the (not the) Champions League. UAE vs Russian Billionaire in the final. I'm stunned 

Not the final I would have wanted. Purely for the fact it’s a game I could see at any time of the year on telly. To me the big deal about European competition is seeing different teams and players. 

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

So it will be the the sugerdaddy club cup final.

5 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

ah, the romance of the (not the) Champions League. UAE vs Russian Billionaire in the final. I'm stunned 

Where does that leave Perez. 

More ammunition for the European Super League to try to even it up. 

Edited by Mikey1874

DesertDawg
Just now, Guess The Crowd said:

What date did Chelsea last play a Champions League final? 😀

1 minute ago, Guess The Crowd said:

Tommy Walker Day.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, DesertDawg said:

19th of May 2012 was the point I think 😜

No Idle Talk

Looks like I will be supporting Chelsea in a Champions League final. There's a sentence I never thought I would say. Boak.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If Barca and RM are in the financial crap, why were the English clubs willing to bail them out when a period of English club dominance looks to be on the cards?

Guess The Crowd
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

19th of May 2012 was the point I think 😜

👍🏼

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yeah they need more money to buy Donkeys like Courtois and Hazard 😆😂

Looking forward to the final. Fingers crossed for a Chelsea win.

Think City would much rather have played Real. Chelsea look a horrible team to play against.

NANOJAMBO
4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

If Barca and RM are in the financial crap, why were the English clubs willing to bail them out when a period of English club dominance looks to be on the cards?

Spurs don't have a pot to piss in (had to borrow from the Bank of England) , Gooners will never qualify for UCL for years yet , Man U/Glaziers are whores, Liverpool/FSG genuinely think they can make a profit at Liverpool. 

Shanks said no

Pos    Team                     Pld    W     D    L    GF    GA      GD    Pts    
1         Liverpool (C)        38    32    3    3    85      33    +52    99    
2         Manchester City  38    26     3     9    102     35     +67      81
3         Manchester Utd  38    18    12    8    66     36    +30    66
4         Chelsea                    38    20    6     12    69      54     +15     66

Champions of Europe

Mikey1874
1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

4         Chelsea                    38    20    6     12    69      54     +15     66

Champions of Europe

Needs another thread for the collapse of Liverpool. A team Real Madrid beat very comfortably.

But things can change quickly.

What if Abramovich had kept faith with Lampard.

13 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

94F3D069-F3A5-4127-9865-B8A95504CA81.jpeg

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Spurs don't have a pot to piss in (had to borrow from the Bank of England) , Gooners will never qualify for UCL for years yet , Man U/Glaziers are whores, Liverpool/FSG genuinely think they can make a profit at Liverpool. 

Yep.

Unfortunately.

Malinga the Swinga
23 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Looks like I will be supporting Chelsea in a Champions League final. There's a sentence I never thought I would say. Boak.

Do the sensible thing and don't watch or listen to it. 

State subsidised team v team subsidised by illegal state corruption. 

It's over hyped pish. 

Guess The Crowd
16 minutes ago, Morgan said:

94F3D069-F3A5-4127-9865-B8A95504CA81.jpeg

A wonderful day. I was in the Horseshoe Bar in Glasgow by the time of the CL final, which I was only vaguely aware of...

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Gooners need to win two games to qualify for CL next season, unlikely though it is 😜

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

A wonderful day. I was in the Horseshoe Bar in Glasgow by the time of the CL final, which I was only vaguely aware of...

I was at work sober that’s how I remember it so well 😆

NANOJAMBO
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Gooners need to win two games to qualify for CL next season, unlikely though it is 😜

No chance they will beat Man U in the final (I think they'll get through). 😄

No Idle Talk
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Do the sensible thing and don't watch or listen to it. 

State subsidised team v team subsidised by illegal state corruption. 

It's over hyped pish. 

It is one of the worst finals imaginable for me. No doubt. 

Fozzyonthefence
30 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Champions of Europe

This season’s league table is more relevant - City are the best team in England and the best team in Europe now, not 12 months ago.  I couldn’t give a **** who wins though, the Champions League is shite. 

7 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

It is one of the worst finals imaginable for me. No doubt. 

Me too.

Two ‘bought’ clubs in a money orientation based final.

The irony is somewhat overwhelming.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No chance they will beat Man U in the final (I think they'll get through). 😄

Said that last year when they won the FA cup and the Charity shield by beating City in both, you never know with them 😆. Whereas Man U have bottled a few opportunities under Ole 😂

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

This season’s league table is more relevant - City are the best team in England and the best team in Europe now, not 12 months ago.  I couldn’t give a **** who wins though, the Champions League is shite. 

I would be more interested if fans were allowed to attend, Chelsea v Man City in Istanbul, in front of 75,000+ 

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It's one of the reasons the Champions League was started. The UEFA Cup was becoming the stronger competition with more form sides. European Cup filled with good teams but many going through a dip after winning league. 

Fozzyonthefence
26 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I would be more interested if fans were allowed to attend, Chelsea v Man City in Istanbul, in front of 75,000+ 

They’re talking about maybe 4,000 fans each (no idea if locals on top of that).  Turkey is in lockdown too, absolute madness if UEFA make them travel there - show some common sense and move it to England ffs (I’m assuming Wembley would be out of the question as presumably it will be in the hands of UEFA, same as Hampden).

Fozzyonthefence
28 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's one of the reasons the Champions League was started. The UEFA Cup was becoming the stronger competition with more form sides. European Cup filled with good teams but many going through a dip after winning league. 

Leeds Utd springs to mind - iirc they were a mid table or bottom half team the season they lost to Rangers after winning the league.  I think Blackburn were shite the season after they won the league too, certainly in Europe they were. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

They’re talking about maybe 4,000 fans each (no idea if locals on top of that).  Turkey is in lockdown too, absolute madness if UEFA make them travel there - show some common sense and move it to England ffs (I’m assuming Wembley would be out of the question as presumably it will be in the hands of UEFA, same as Hampden).

It’s a good point. They could’ve had it in one of the other big grounds in England or in Cardiff. Typical UEFA. 

6 hours ago, Guess The Crowd said:

I woke up still pissed on my living room carpet and this was on. It was a rerrun and I thought it was live. :D I did eventually realise. 

Edited by ri Alban

Seymour M Hersh
9 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

More determined than ever to get bigger revenue streams to be able to compete I would guess. How he does it is anyones guess. Perhaps  UEFA will allow RM to syphon of some of the 500million they keep every year from the CL sponsorship. :lol:

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Not the final I would have wanted. Purely for the fact it’s a game I could see at any time of the year on telly. To me the big deal about European competition is seeing different teams and players. 

Aye, this weekend 🤣

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The Football League always have their playoffs on the Bank Holiday weekend in May and are scheduled for Wembley. The CL Final is on 29th too so this would rule Wembley out (unless the EFL decided to move but this would be opposed as fan attendance will look to be maximised). 

Sooperstar
9 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

What the hell has happened to Eden Hazard??? 

I imagine his days at Madrid are numbered, if they can get anyone to take him.

His laughing and joking with the Chelsea players at full time will not have gone down well in Madrid.

24 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I imagine his days at Madrid are numbered, if they can get anyone to take him.

His laughing and joking with the Chelsea players at full time will not have gone down well in Madrid.

Funded most of last season's signings for Chelsea too 👍