Champions League 2020/21

Morgan

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the problem is how difficult it is now to organically grow a football club to get to that level without spending lots

Yep, plus the clubs we see as traditional big clubs got to where they were largely by being bankrolled in the past by wealthy individuals or companies. 

All the modern clubs are doing is repeating the process (with foreign owners 😬)

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Morgan

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Peakybunnet
41 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yep, plus the clubs we see as traditional big clubs got to where they were largely by being bankrolled in the past by wealthy individuals or companies. 

That's why I am impressed with Moyes at West Ham. Hes not exactly short of money, but not to the extent the foreign owned clubs have. 

Would Leicester be in the top 4 without the Thai King Power money? Probably not. They might still be in the Championship. 

My English club has always been Middlesborough. Used to go there every second weekend when i lived in Catterick as a boy. My friend came from Middlesborough and we would get a bus, bus, trai, bus to his Grannies for lunch before going to Ayresome Park.  Steve Gibson invested a lot of his own money in the club and they did reasonably well, but once the foreign money came in they have taken a dive into Championship mediocrity. 

Jeffros Furios

For all the money PSG have they need a better goalie than Navas .

10 hours ago, Morgan said:

Ok, in ‘my eyes’ they are both losers.

Crap, bought football clubs, are not my thing.

Sort of get where you come from and agree, M. 

I admire far more the likes of Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal.  All built their illustrious history well before the game was saturated with money. Built on all the organic things in football.

In comparison, the City’s etc... were nowhere near these clubs generally. 

Even with the early days of Sky coming into the game during the 90s most teams had still been built more modestly at the time before the cash rolled. 

Edited by Debut 4

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Its an interesting angle to the European Super League. A closed shop is also closed to new PSG or Man Citys.

2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Sort of get where you come from and agree, M. 

I admire far more the likes of Liverpool, Man U and Arsenal.  All built their illustrious history well before the game was saturated with money. Built on all the organic things in football.

In comparison, the City’s etc... were nowhere near these clubs generally. 

Even with the early days of Sky coming into the game during the 90s most teams had still been built more modestly at the time before the cash rolled. 

Liverpool was built by pools money.

Man U were spending 30 million on players long before Chelsea and City.

Arsenal are just middle of the table #####.

20 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

PSG v Real final would be good. 

Certainly would.  That’s the final I want to see.

King prawn

Must be a nice problem to have when your back up striker scores 1 in every 2 in Europe as well as in the League..

I’ve no love for PSG, but really would have liked them to beat City.  It’s not looking good so far though.  :sad: 

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Morgan said:

I’ve no love for PSG, but really would have liked them to beat City.  It’s not looking good so far though.  :sad: 

I want Citeh to win now, just to spoil your Wine 😃

Just now, Bull's-eye said:

I want Citeh to win now, just to spoil your Wine 😃

Nothing spoils my wine, Oliver.  👍🍷

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Guardiola defensive mastermind. 

Maybe he's learned from someone. 

It was always overlooked when he was Barcelona managed that hey hardly conceded any goals. 

Jamboelite

Phil Foden is something special that is for sure, his run through the middle starting with a flick over the PSG players legs was Messi esk(im not saying he is Messi).

Bull's-eye

Foden gets better every time you watch him, some stunning ball control.

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Foden gets better every time you watch him, some stunning ball control.

He is the best young  English prospect for a while

It won't be long until he is the finished article....always seems to be left footed players who have that extra bit of touch/control

10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

It won't be long until he is the finished article....always seems to be left footed players who have that extra bit of touch/control

One of many excellent young players they've got coming through. The England team should be a real top team over the coming years. Sadly.

Bull's-eye
9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Hope he keeps the cheating out of his game, he stays on his feet and powers on so well, there's plenty skilful players around but the majority go over at the smell of a tackle.

Rick James

Quite the game. Expect another goal or 2 before it ends too.

Can't say I particularly want either club to win it though. Same goes for tomorrow's match although Real dare I say, the sort of lesser of 4 evil's. :ninja: 

NANOJAMBO
4 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I'd enjoy this game more if the pundits could just tone down the Man City love in a tad.

Fletcher must be sitting with a giant erection watching this now. Feckin embarrasing  .  him & his City love-in. 

Scott980612

Ruben Diaz and Souttar at the back next year anyone?   

some defensive performance from him tonight 

5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i would not be surprised if psg get another red, they are losing the head

Vereatti favourite for me

4 minutes ago, Scott980612 said:

Ruben Diaz and Souttar at the back next year anyone?   

some defensive performance from him tonight 

Quality player, looking forward to seeing how Portugal do at the Euros with him behind Bruno Fernandes and the likes

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Fletcher must be sitting with a giant erection watching this now. Feckin embarrasing  .  him & his City love-in. 

Darren Fletcher? That played for Man Utd?   Very much doubt he’ll have any love in for City!

NANOJAMBO
2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Darren Fletcher? That played for Man Utd?   Very much doubt he’ll have any love in for City!

Massive fail by you mate. 😄

NANOJAMBO
2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Please Real. Please make it stop.

I'll be watching the final with the sound off. 

Man city have just brought on sterling, aguero and jesus.

Jesus!

No wonder they're winning if they can leave him on the bench.  I didn't even know he had returned.

Must keep up. If we did we would have

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Man city have just brought on sterling, aguero and jesus.

Jesus!

No wonder they're winning if they can leave him on the bench.  I didn't even know he had returned.

Must keep up. If we did we would have

well easter was a few weeks ago

Glad those PSG dicks are out. They're a disgrace and should have have had another red imo...ref was in danger of losing control of that.

Chelsea to win 👍👍

And Darren Fletcher sits quietly in the corner of the commentary booth, gently sponging off the jizz that has seeped through his Man City pyjama bottoms as he weeps tears of happiness. 

Bull's-eye
Just now, Tazio said:

And Darren Fletcher sits quietly in the corner of the commentary booth, gently sponging off the jizz that has seeped through his Man City pyjama bottoms as he weeps tears of happiness. 

Cannie blame him tbf. 😃

Foden is a wonderful player but the commentators and commentary/texts on the BBC coverage really over do it.

Should have scored on 3 occasions. Against a better team, or a PSG with their best player...that could have cost City.

Edited by Taffin