Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Morgan

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, HMFC01 said:

2 dodgy goals for man u.   Wasn't a penalty for me.   Not sure if that was a hand ball by maguire there. 

Thought it hit his head.

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Thought it hit his head.

Yeah it comes off Maguires head.   Hard to to tell if he flicks it after with his fingers.    Not enough possibly to rule it out.    The penalty though was harsh ☺ 

pharmaceutical01
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Watching this performance and the team selection, I would make the change now. 

Pochettino in. 

Is Poch not going to Celtic 😂😂

Just now, HMFC01 said:

Yeah it comes off Maguires head.   Hard to to tell if he flicks it after with his fingers.    Not enough possibly to rule it out.    The penalty though was harsh ☺ 

Pundits in The Goals Show still reckon it came off his hand. I dunno. Either way I hope they don't get an equaliser.

2 minutes ago, pharmaceutical01 said:

Hopefully not before the final, Soop!!

Think we are safe on that front now. The chance to end his managerial career should be great motivation for our players.

18 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

And the 4th official explaining himself

Can't make out what he said.

Just something about a black player?

The Hogfather
6 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Something along the lines of the referee asking him to identify someone on the bench and him pointing at Webo and saying "Him, the black one".

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

Something along the lines of the referee asking him to identify someone on the bench and him pointing at Webo and saying "Him, the black one".

Ah. Cheers.

8 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

He basically said 'the black guy' whilst pointing out who the ref was to send off. All seems a bit of an overreaction/misunderstanding. 

2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

He basically said 'the black guy' whilst pointing out who the ref was to send off. All seems a bit of an overreaction/misunderstanding. 

Calling someone a black guy if he is a black guy is not racist.

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Calling someone a black guy if he is a black guy is not racist.

If he was pointing at a caucasian man, would you expect him to say "it was the white guy"?

Just now, Nunya Business said:

If he was pointing at a caucasian man, would you expect him to say "it was the white guy"?

Depends if he was surrounded by black guys and it was the easiest way to identify him.

Just now, Nunya Business said:

If he was standing amongst black guys, yeah.

The Hogfather
Just now, Sooperstar said:

Depends if he was surrounded by black guys and it was the easiest way to identify him.

So instead of pointing out the guy and saying "this fella", you'd just go with the colour of his skin?

I do enjoy when white people tell others what is and isn't racist.

13 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

So instead of pointing out the guy and saying "this fella", you'd just go with the colour of his skin?

I do enjoy when white people tell others what is and isn't racist.

The guy was black. Referring to someone as black is not in itself racist. It is a descriptive term. 

Edited by Sooperstar

The guy was black. Calling someone black is not in itself racist. It is a descriptive term. 

I think you may have just been racially profiled.

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

The guy was black. Referring to someone as black is not in itself racist. It is a descriptive term. 

Like I said, white people trying to decide what is and what isn't racist is always a good laugh.

Like I said, white people trying to decide what is and what isn't racist is always a good laugh.

Thank God you are here to put us right.

This place is mad sometimes. Try imagining being of a different skin colour and hearing them say it was the black guy. Try using the persons actual name 

The Hogfather
Just now, Newton51 said:

This place is mad sometimes. Try imagining being of a different skin colour and hearing them say it was the black guy. Try using the persons actual name 

Nah mate, instead of just identifying someone by bringing the referee to them, you're better just boiling it down to the colour of his skin. Because that's the only thing identifiable about him.

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

It’s a tricky one I’d say. How many times have you watched boxing and the commentators say “the challenger is in red shorts and the champion is wearing blue shorts” when there is a way more obvious difference between the two boxers. There is obvious a convention in place for how to describe people in sports. 

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Okay, so say it wasn't Pierre Webo who was being sent to the dressing room, but another member of the coaching team. How would you identify that person? And why wouldn't you be able to identify Webo in the same manner? 

Pasquale for King

Nah mate, instead of just identifying someone by bringing the referee to them, you're better just boiling it down to the colour of his skin. Because that's the only thing identifiable about him.

Spot on guys 

Think the fact he said it in his language and used the n word hasn't helped things. 

Surely regardless of where you're from you know that you can't be saying that?

The Hogfather

I'm a knuckledragger am I?

What a strange time to throw someone's real name in.

Why? Are you worried your daft views become public knowledge?

Just now, Gone said:

Think the fact he said it in his language and used the n word hasn't helped things. 

If that's true, then that is obviously a completely different thing.

Just now, Trajan said:

Okay, so say it wasn't Pierre Webo who was being sent to the dressing room, but another member of the coaching team. How would you identify that person? And why wouldn't you be able to identify Webo in the same manner? 

I'm not sure how I personally would identify Webo or anyone else. I probably wouldn't have done it in the same way as the 4th official though. That however doesn't make him or his actions racist, in my opinion.

So the Romanian referee is a British police officer? Huge if true.

Na.  He was sacked for racism.

Why? Are you worried your daft views become public knowledge?

No, I've always been very open about my identity on here. You were clearly using it as an 'i know who you are' though, which as I said is a bit weird. Crack on.

2 minutes ago, Gone said:

Well, I didn’t know that the ‘n’ word had been used.

That, undoubtedly changes things.

No need for that sort of crap.

6 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

UEFA is aware of an incident during tonight’s Champions League match between Paris Saint-Germain and Istanbul Basaksehir and will be conducting a thorough investigation.

Racism, and discrimination in all its forms, has no place within football.

#NoToRacism

The Hogfather

No, I've always been very open about my identity on here. You were clearly using it as an 'i know who you are' though, which as I said is a bit weird. Crack on.

Whereas trying to tell other people what is and isn't racist is fairly reasoned behaviour. Dear oh dear.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Gone said:

He actually looked shocked that there was such a fuss being made, some folk don’t actually realise they’re in the wrong or what they’re saying can be construed as racist. 
UEFA should’ve got him away from the stadium, shows how little they actually care about this. 

3 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Whereas trying to tell other people what is and isn't racist is fairly reasoned behaviour. Dear oh dear.

Isn't that exactly what you are doing?

I'm uneasy about the 4th official being deemed a racist for using a descriptive term to identity someone. I don't think it does the wider debate any good when there are more blatant and undeniable examples of racism on a regular basis.Simple as that. I'll leave you to construct whatever narrative you like around that.

As a general point it is good to see players willing to take such a stand so well done to them for that.

Pasquale for King

Another dodgy penalty, 27 in 43 games and a handball goal still wasn’t enough for a team that’s spent £1b since Ferguson left. Europa league against, Hilarious 😆😂