Champions League 2020/21

Morgan

1 minute ago, McGlynn The Money said:

Such as?

The European Commission where the agreement was deemed illegal for one. To be fair they weren’t the only Spanish club punished but it was the only land deal. 
Presuming you are talking about the deal where Real sold their training ground and as part of the deal received a piece of land valued at around £0.5m only to sell it back to the council for over £20m a few years later. An agreement which was later deemed illegal and they had to pay back over half the money? 

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Tazio

• Morgan

• CJGJ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

McGlynn The Money
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The European Commission where the agreement was deemed illegal for one. To be fair they weren’t the only Spanish club punished but it was the only land deal. 
Presuming you are talking about the deal where Real sold their training ground and as part of the deal received a piece of land valued at around £0.5m only to sell it back to the council for over £20m a few years later. An agreement which was later deemed illegal and they had to pay back over half the money? 

I think you need to check your sources. The European Commission investigated it and found no wrongdoing. People will believe what they want though.

3 minutes ago, McGlynn The Money said:

I think you need to check your sources. The European Commission investigated it and found no wrongdoing. People will believe what they want though.

The European Commission did find wrongdoing and a number of bodies were fined. 
This was overturned by the European General Court 3 years later. So yes, the European Commission investigated and found wrongdoing by their standards. 

McGlynn The Money
26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The European Commission did find wrongdoing and a number of bodies were fined. 
This was overturned by the European General Court 3 years later. So yes, the European Commission investigated and found wrongdoing by their standards. 

Splitting hairs now. The fact is, the whole state aid thing is a myth.

Even if it were true, the amounts are peanuts compared to the funds being poured into the game now by seriously questionable regimes. Barcelona, Real Madrid and Athletic Bilbao are all fan owned.

Stephane Grappelli
On 22/10/2020 at 06:43, ri Alban said:

Real Madrid 

:biglaugh:

You must be psychic.  Ramos and co having a right good laugh tonight.

Tuesday 27th October 2020

Lokomotiv Moscow v Bayern Munich

Shakhtar Donetsk v Inter Milan

Atletico Madrid v RB Salzburg

Borussia Monchengladbach v Real Madrid

Marseille v Manchester City

Atalanta v Ajax

Liverpool v FC Midtjylland 

FC Porto v Olympiakos

I’m hoping for wins for Inter, Atletico, Real, Marseille and Liverpool tonight.

Stephane Grappelli

Como diría el gran Santiago Bernabéu: "La camiseta del Real Madrid es blanca. Se puede manchar de barro, sudor y hasta sangre, pero jamás de vergüenza".

3 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Como diría el gran Santiago Bernabéu: "La camiseta del Real Madrid es blanca. Se puede manchar de barro, sudor y hasta sangre, pero jamás de vergüenza".

Mud, sweat and blood.

Never shame.

👍

Stephane Grappelli
4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Mud, sweat and blood.

Never shame.

👍

Great quote!

Almost as good as "Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey.".

2 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

Great quote!

Almost as good as "Blood doesn't show on a maroon jersey.".

Love it too, GG.

John Cumming. :notworthy:

Edited by Morgan

Stephane Grappelli
19 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Love it too, GG.

John Cumming. :notworthy:

A true legend and a really good man off the pitch too by all accounts.

Wednesday 28th October 2020

FK Krasnodar v Chelsea

Sevilla v Rennes

Borussia Dortmund v Zenit St Petersburg 

Club Bruges v Lazio

Ferencvaros v Dinamo Kiev

Juventus v Barcelona

Istanbul Basaksehir v PSG

Manchester United v RB Leipzig

I’ll be happy with defeats for Chelsea, PSG and Barcelona.

I hope cavani starts tonight.   He didn't get enough game time versus Chelsea to show his qualities.   Except that near goal with his first touch, was quality.   I would like to see more crosses into him rather than pass it around for ten minutes.   Should be an exciting match, looking forward to it. 

5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Chelsea miss penalty ..still 0-0 and again that stupid hop step before striking the ball..thats 2 in a row he has missed

Top dive by Werner 

VAR works and Manchester United lead 2-0 after linesperson flagged for offside when he was in his own half at the time of the pass being made to allow him to run through and he of course played to the whistle....though I thought they were not supposed to flag

Edit another goal and 3-0 Rashford again

The Barcelona kid Pedri that played tonight looks like he has a bright future, 17 years old and strolled a champions league game against Juventus. 

Mostly a disciplined often just gutsy basic performance by Man Utd. Against a good side.

Until Marcus Rashford came on helped by other subs Fernandes and McTominay as well as Martial. 

Edited by Mikey1874

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Man Utd in trouble 

2-0

Getting stuffed by one of the worst euro teams.   It is all about the pace up front for united though ☺ 

Goal utd as I was typing.   Looked easy, martial header 😲 cavani would have a field day in their box. 

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Getting stuffed by one of the worst euro teams.   It is all about the pace up front for united though ☺ 

Goal utd as I was typing.   Looked easy, martial header 😲 cavani would have a field day in their box. 

I didn't realise Celtic were still represented in the Champions  League.

Bolingoli playing on loan for Istanbul.

As it stands Manchester United are so slow in the build up and when you compare them with Liverpool or Manchester City appear to be miles behind.

You just wonder how from time to time they produce good performances and yet tonight just bang average

The mental attitude of the side needs to be called into question because they have played some matches indicating they are not as bad as they appear to be.

Ole needs to be given the backing in order to succeed

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Solskjaer still frauding his way along I see. God knows how he convinces himself that he’s deserving of this job. Be lucky to get a job in League Two.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, CJGJ said:

As it stands Manchester United are so slow in the build up and when you compare them with Liverpool or Manchester City appear to be miles behind.

You just wonder how from time to time they produce good performances and yet tonight just bang average

The mental attitude of the side needs to be called into question because they have played some matches indicating they are not as bad as they appear to be.

Ole needs to be given the backing in order to succeed

He’s had backing. He’s got players. It’s just that every time Utd lose, he talks about needing transfer windows and the media machine kicks into gear to support him.

I’m not defending the Glazers but alongside the issue of recruitment (rather than actual spending because Solskjaer has spent) is the total absence of any skilful coaching. Solskjaer’s only tactic is counter attacking because that relies on very little attacking wit on the part of a coach. Quick players with natural ability will do damage. But Solskjaer could never do what Bielsa, for example, has done at Leeds.

8 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s had backing. He’s got players. It’s just that every time Utd lose, he talks about needing transfer windows and the media machine kicks into gear to support him.

I’m not defending the Glazers but alongside the issue of recruitment (rather than actual spending because Solskjaer has spent) is the total absence of any skilful coaching. Solskjaer’s only tactic is counter attacking because that relies on very little attacking wit on the part of a coach. Quick players with natural ability will do damage. But Solskjaer could never do what Bielsa, for example, has done at Leeds.

He deserves more time to put his plans into action...clubs are too quick to sack managers

Off the line in the last minute of injury time and United fail to equalise

Edited by CJGJ

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He deserves more time to put his plans into action...clubs are too quick to sack managers

Only chance they created in second half. 

Wonder what they do in training because as you say it's slow and lacking any danger. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Only chance they created in second half. 

Wonder what they do in training because as you say it's slow and lacking any danger. 

Practice makes perfect and maybe that's how they train

To be honest Sancho would not be nearly enough to make a huge change to that side

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

True but they’ve appointed the wrong one here. He’s a tactical void. I mean what I said about League Two - he’d never cope. He can’t set up a team or react on his toes and he’d have no Fernandez etc to bail him out. Utd are wasting time with him

On 24/10/2020 at 18:22, Stephane Grappelli said:

You must be psychic.  Ramos and co having a right good laugh tonight.

Ramos again, this week!

The best defender ever?

WHAT A JOKE..SENT OFF FOR HAND BALL WHICH DEFLECTED OFF HIS LEG and Chelsea lead 2-0

Two penalties, same player but what a joke even after going to the screen the referee not only gives a penalty which is bad enough but books the player for the second time

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

WHAT A JOKE..SENT OFF FOR HAND BALL WHICH DEFLECTED OFF HIS LEG and Chelsea lead 2-0

Two penalties, same player but what a joke even after going to the screen the referee not only gives a penalty which is bad enough but books the player for the second time

I cannot believe the ref there. That's an horrendous decision. None of the pundits even seemed to mention the deflection either. Sadly its not even that shocking now. Another VARce. 

Stephane Grappelli
2 hours ago, Morgan said:

Ramos again, this week!

The best defender ever?

I'm not in any way biased, but yes. So important in defence and attack.  He'll be a huge miss when he colgas las botas.

3 minutes ago, Stephane Grappelli said:

I'm not in any way biased, but yes. So important in defence and attack.  He'll be a huge miss when he colgas las botas.

Not biased!  :rofl: 

Jokes apart, I think he is a tremendous player.

Stephane Grappelli
17 hours ago, Morgan said:

Not biased!  :rofl: 

Jokes apart, I think he is a tremendous player.

:)

Me too, a great leader as well. Also has a reputation for being dirty and a hothead etc but well over 100 games for Spain but no records with them. Only when he's in the white shirt!