• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• maroonlegions

• Morgan

• wavydavy

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

Our wide men could have a great time at Hampden...

Oh, come on Eileen.

😍

Just now, superjack said:

Only if Eileen doesn't mind, obviously.

Well, obviously.

Janet wouldn’t.

She takes what she can get.  

Lessons haven’t been learned......

The lad needs to show a lot more and over a much longer period before we even contemplate offering him a permanent deal.

I recall being similarly impressed with guys like Uche and Mulraney after a handful of games.

15 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Lessons haven’t been learned......

The lad needs to show a lot more and over a much longer period before we even contemplate offering him a permanent deal.

I recall being similarly impressed with guys like Uche and Mulraney after a handful of games.

Uches contract was almost universally approved on here at the time.

Some work, some don't. Doesn't mean you don't take that chance.

1 minute ago, geomac said:

3 in a bed!!

Keep out of the black and into the red.

And Bully’s special prize....

5 minutes ago, Homme said:

Uches contract was almost universally approved on here at the time.

Some work, some don't. Doesn't mean you don't take that chance.

Gambles have also been universally criticised on here.

Kingsley has a bit of a pedigree and would be a low risk gamble whereas Ginnelly has been at 10 clubs in 5 years and played one league game for us......a higher risk gamble at the moment imo.

Lets see how it goes over the next couple of months and revisit it in January.

8 hours ago, Morgan said:

Well, obviously.

Janet wouldn’t.

She takes what she can get.  

Every calorie is a prisoner with your favourite in law.

12 hours ago, Zaba said:

Saturday night and I like the way you move...

Gino Ginnelly x

He cuts inside and he slots it past the hibs

Gino Ginnelly 

1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Early signs are promising, however feel like he needs to work harder. Seen him just ambling about when he loses the ball. 

Yes!  He just gives up after losing the ball.  There was a noticeable improvement against Dundee though, I'd say.  

Out of the wingers we have just now I think this lad stands out big time, as in you actually notice when he's on the pitch!

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

Out of the wingers we have just now I think this lad stands out big time, as in you actually notice when he's on the pitch!

Very good point. A good player will stand out, maybe not because of %  possession stats  but because what they do with that %, like setting up goals or opportunities or just their overall influence in games. 

2 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Hearts and Ginnelly want permanent deal according to EEN

From what I've seen of him we should do it.

Whats the rush?

Dont get me wrong,  the guy looks great. Cant help remember we did the exact same thing with Uche after a few decent performances. Three year contract incoming? 

If both club and player want it then no harm in waiting until he has shown any sort of consistent form. One decent league game doesn't prove anything.

Ainsley Harriott
6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Whats the rush?

Dont get me wrong,  the guy looks great. Cant help remember we did the exact same thing with Uche after a few decent performances. Three year contract incoming? 

If he keeps playing the way he is come january he will have lots of options down south for pre contracts. I also trust Robbie has a better eye for player that Craig 

Can't talk to him about a contract officially until at least January. Like what I see, but he's got until then to keep proving to us.

Bazzas right boot

Agree, shree year deal please- will get some folk all angry about it, the same folk that would be greetin if he went elsewhere and blame Robbie for not getting it sorted earlier. 

28 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Whats the rush?

Pfffft, that sort of logic, calm considered and evidence based comment isnt welcomed here....away with you min

😉🙃

Maybe the management team, having watched him every day for the last 6 weeks have seen enough?

Maybe the management are far better placed to make such a call than those on here who have seen him a couple of times at most?

Maybe the management are confident of him continuing to perform and are worried about him attracting attention from elsewhere?

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agree, shree year deal please- will get some folk all angry about it, the same folk that would be greetin if he went elsewhere and blame Robbie for not getting it sorted earlier. 

I guess those demanding a long contract being awarded after only 4 games would have plenty to say if it transpires he can’t do it over the course of a season and at a higher level.

Both club and player appear to be on the same page so there is plenty of time. RN saying he wants him will hopefully boost the guys confidence even more though.

What we don’t want is another Uche situation and award a longer more lucrative deal only for him to have a change of attitude and it all go wrong.

We’ve taken enough expensive gambles over the years and there is no need to take one here at the moment.

part_time_jambo
11 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Maybe the management team, having watched him every day for the last 6 weeks have seen enough?

Maybe the management are far better placed to make such a call than those on here who have seen him a couple of times at most?

Maybe the management are confident of him continuing to perform and are worried about him attracting attention from elsewhere?

Maybe the management that signed Martin, Sammon etc had the same opportunities?

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I guess those demanding a long contract being awarded after only 4 games would have plenty to say if it transpires he can’t do it over the course of a season and at a higher level.

Both club and player appear to be on the same page so there is plenty of time. RN saying he wants him will hopefully boost the guys confidence even more though.

What we don’t want is another Uche situation and award a longer more lucrative deal only for him to have a change of attitude and it all go wrong.

We’ve taken enough expensive gambles over the years and there is no need to take one here at the moment.

Every player is a gamble. 

We either sign a player or don't based on his previous, scouting, training and what he does for us on the pitch. 

If we don't sign him and he plays well, we will lose out. 

If we sign him and he's not very good we will need to move him on. 

It's been like that for every player, ever imo. Some you win, some you lose. 

Uche done a job in spells and gave 100% and got moved on with little fuss, I find him a strange example. 

Damour ( and Martin) is the best example and imo it's more about the value of the contract rather than length. 

If it's based on appearances, win bonus etc then longer deals are less risky and better value. 

It's not the long deal itself that is the issue, it's poor scouting and high basic for x amount of years that is the issue and we've moved away from that set up as it was reviewed by the club as well as having a  new management team. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, part_time_jambo said:

Maybe the management that signed Martin, Sammon etc had the same opportunities?

Sammon done a job, gave 100% and was moved out with not much fuss. 

Martin and Damour where big issues, but again down to poor scouting and the wrong type of deal ( high basic). 

Long contracts aren't an issue in terms of length, it's the player and value that is the issue. 

Best of the recruited wingers but not sure it’s time for longer deals. Let’s see how he performs in the semi if can make the step up against a spl team. 

8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Every player is a gamble. 

We either sign a player or don't based on his previous, scouting, training and what he does for us on the pitch. 

If we don't sign him and he plays well, we will lose out. 

If we sign him and he's not very good we will need to move him on. 

It's been like that for every player, ever imo. Some you win, some you lose. 

Uche done a job in spells and gave 100% and got moved on with little fuss, I find him a strange example. 

Damour ( and Martin) is the best example and imo it's more about the value of the contract rather than length. 

If it's based on appearances, win bonus etc then longer deals are less risky and better value. 

It's not the long deal itself that is the issue, it's poor scouting and high basic for x amount of years that is the issue and we've moved away from that set up as it was reviewed by the club as well as having a  new management team. 

Uche is an almost perfect example to use for the situation and a much more suitable one than Damour or Martin.

Uche was only here a short while and a new contract was awarded after only a handfful of starts.....which is what you are crying out for with JG.

I agree every signing is a gamble but it’s best we shorten those odds of it being a failure by waiting a few months and let him get a lot more games under his belt. There is no rush.