Furlough

Greedy Jambo

3 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Just received an email. Up for redundancy. Cracking present to get the birthday weekend started.

Fully expect to catch covid and for us to get horsed off Hibs to round it all off. 

That’s rubbish mate, sorry to hear that. 

51 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Just received an email. Up for redundancy. Cracking present to get the birthday weekend started.

Fully expect to catch covid and for us to get horsed off Hibs to round it all off. 

Shit, Norm.

Sorry to hear that.

Bright side?  You probably won’t get C19 and Hearts probably won’t get horsed by the Vermin.  👍

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

Really sorry to hear that mate. Do you drive?? Royal Mail are always looking for part time posties, always overtime too. 

Or Royal Mail are taking on temps/casuals  over  the christmas period  at the sorting at the Mail Centre  Cultins Road Sighthill, good rates and lots of overtime.  

Apply here;

https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/EDINBURGH-Christmas-Casual-Edinburgh-Mail-Centre-EH11-4YY/616473401/

Edited by maroonlegions

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Really sorry to hear that mate. Do you drive?? Royal Mail are always looking for part time posties, always overtime too. 

Or Royal Mail are taking on temps/casuals  over  the christmas period  at the sorting at the Mail Centre  Cultins Road Sighthill, good rates and lots of overtime.  

I don't drive but the sorting sounds alright. I'm going to update my CV tomorrow then do my best to forget about it for a couple of days. Try and squeeze some birthday fun in to the weekend and enjoy the game. Then full steam ahead in the job hunt on Monday. 

Onwards and upwards. 

maroonlegions
7 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

I don't drive but the sorting sounds alright. I'm going to update my CV tomorrow then do my best to forget about it for a couple of days. Try and squeeze some birthday fun in to the weekend and enjoy the game. Then full steam ahead in the job hunt on Monday. 

Onwards and upwards. 

Aye the Temp work will suit you, as i said good rates of pay mate. Get your CV fired off , one foot in the door and all that. Very best of luck.  FTH.

Interesting for those of us made redundant recently with the reintroduction of furlough... 

https://www.cipd.co.uk/knowledge/fundamentals/emp-law/redundancy/coronavirus-guide

"Redundancy dismissals may be an unfair dismissal, if they take place in circumstances where an employer did not properly consider alternatives, including retaining the employee on furlough or the Job support scheme if possible and the Job retention bonus explained below."

Edited by Norm

Heartsmad1874
On 28/10/2020 at 17:12, maroonlegions said:

Apply here;

https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/job/EDINBURGH-Christmas-Casual-Edinburgh-Mail-Centre-EH11-4YY/616473401/

Royal mail offered me a temp sorting position. Said only had night shift Mon-Fri left, £9.20ph. Never took it though.

Full time at Sainsburys earning 10p more ph and not doing night shift was a no brainer to turn down Royal mail.