Top Posters In This Topic

• Weakened Offender

• Last Laff

• Morgan

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The photo doesn't tell the whole story and it was noticeable that a lot of the video clips on Twitter last night didn't show Aguero's verbal abuse of the official in the lead up to his decision to "touch" her. 

I seen it live. Player has a go at official shocker. Only difference here is that the official was female. If they felt they wanted him booked for his verbal tirade then fine - book him. However don’t pretend that is why this thread and the outrage has been highlighted. It is people trying to make out that Aguero was guilty of an inappropriate sexual gesture which is utterly pathetic and dangerous. 

Thankfully the FA agree that it is not and no subsequent action will be take against Aguero. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

4 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Would he have 'touched' a male official in the same way ?

I have my doubts hence he should be given a warning as to his future conduct.

See above. 

43 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why not complain then?  That way if there's loads of complaints about an International superstar footballer putting his arm around a match official in a non aggressive or suggestive way the lady that all this attention has been brought on to can express her feelings? 

Because it’s a male dominated sport and there’s previously been no protocols for this perhaps? 

Anyway, it was the manipulative way he did it that bothered me, as if to say “aye, you’re just a wee lassie”.  

35 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

He should be given a warning because you have your doubts ? 

If it's such a big thing then it could be made an automatic booking to touch an official deliberately male or female. 

44 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Happens all the time. 

What's your doubts got to do with it. 😏 

9 minutes ago, weehammy said:

But you still posted about ‘old women nattering in the post office queue’. Do young women and young and old men not do that too?
Nobody, including the official, wants him vilified but it was a stupid thing to do, regardless of gender.

I wouldn’t imagine anybody does it now. The phrase comes from a time when pensioners used to gab in the queue waiting to collect their pensions.. I feel free to use what I consider inoffensive phrases and still have opinions on important social issues. 

I don’t like Aguero’ s attitude in general but the media and people hinting that this amounts to sexual harassment in the workplace ,without any real evidence, detracts from real cases of sexual harassment. I agree it was a stupid thing to do but the gender issue is front and centre and if it had been a male assistant referee it wouldn’t be being discussed in the same way. 

Edited by GinRummy

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

Incredible. 

Genuine question, has she? 

Or does she  see it as a non issue?

Edited by Smith's right boot

Things would become a lot simpler if we just adopted Rugby rules with regards to speaking to the referee. Captains/ Vice captains only. 

People are making this an issue when its a non issue tho

Bazzas right boot

Folk running to defend this women or regards to that behavior are as bad as the sexist wankers going about. 

She's perfectly capable of handling herself in this situation and men that think she needs help and support in regards to this incident are actually very sexist in thinking that. 

The poor wee damsel needs saved 

... I very much doubt it

If she has concerns she'll raise them herself ( as a woman she can do that) , if not she'll crack on with her life and job. 

Folk thinking she needs help or support ( with out her asking) over this are cringey as **** Tbh. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Things would become a lot simpler if we just adopted Rugby rules with regards to speaking to the referee. Captains/ Vice captains only. 

People are making this an issue when its a non issue tho

100%

Captains only. 

Touch an official - booked, could even actually just sin bin a player for 10 mins for it, like rugby. 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

Could have been worse.

There's one we're the player is fixing his shorts and she gets an eye full. 

She laughs,she surprisingly doesn't need saving from the disgusting male flasher. 

2 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Aguero has previous tbh.  Should have got a 5 game ban for this: 

Not sure if you’re joking or not. I hope so.

Officials are humans. Human contact happens. It doesn’t need to be aggressive, and none that have been posted in this thread have been aggressive. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

😀 you know fine well what I mean. 

I didn’t say it wasn’t worthy of discussion on here. I said it was idle chit chat and that it was disappointing the media had given time to it when there are real issues far more worthy of coverage. 

if it was verbal abuse of a male official and inappropriate touching of a male official would the media be devoting any time to it at all? 

Nobody knows if Aguero would have reacted in the same way if it was a male. Male officials have certainly been touched by players in the past. 

"It’s a non story."

What you said.

Weakened Offender
43 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk running to defend this women or regards to that behavior are as bad as the sexist wankers going about. 

She's perfectly capable of handling herself in this situation and men that think she needs help and support in regards to this incident are actually very sexist in thinking that. 

The poor wee damsel needs saved 

... I very much doubt it

If she has concerns she'll raise them herself ( as a woman she can do that) , if not she'll crack on with her life and job. 

Folk thinking she needs help or support ( with out her asking) over this are cringey as **** Tbh. 

Who said she needs help or support? 

9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

"It’s a non story."

What you said.

I’d have thought it was fairly clear from my earlier post and the context of the post you quoted that I was talking about the media. I did make that more clear by saying specifically I wasn’t talking about what was being discussed on kickback. 

SectionDJambo

In my opinion, the "outrage", at this, is similar to when white people complain, or raise an issue, about something that they think is racist, only to find that the people who they think they should be outraged for, don't think there's much, if anything to report.

That said, given the tendency of this outrage to surface, Aguero should really have had more sense.

40 minutes ago, Dayman said:

Not sure if you’re joking or not. I hope so.

Officials are humans. Human contact happens. It doesn’t need to be aggressive, and none that have been posted in this thread have been aggressive. 

Of course I’m joking 😂

4 hours ago, Rods said:

People overreacting in the name of woke as per. The real story should be how the Lino handled the situation. No histrionics not running to the ref unlike the probable response of her male colleagues. 

lol - someone seriously using the phrase 'in the name of woke'.

32 minutes ago, Cade said:

Lay yer hands on an official, should be carded.

He got away with that one.

No he hasn’t. Nothing in the rules say you can’t touch an official

if you are aggressive that’s a different story. 

5 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Some people need to look at the entire episode : he verbally abused the official and THEN he put his hand on her neck.

Something he would never have done to a male official.

But , yeah, "mole hills". 

Yeah male officials have never had abuse...

He's hardly landed a hayemaker on her.

4 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Woke 

Millenniums

Virtue signalling

The tragic language of the largely-ignored-and-rightly-so right-wing male generation xers 😁

4 hours ago, J80MBO said:

Non incident, non story except people love to be offended in the current outrage, snowflake culture.

House!

5 hours ago, been here before said:

The story should be that he shouldnt be man (?person)handling the officials in the first place, male or female.

Anything else is just shite deflecting from that.

You’re slipping.  

You missed the mention of the word ‘lino’ further up the page.

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Stop talking  bollocks

But is it bollocks ?

Only asking because I haven't a clue what he's saying

wtf is 'woke' ? 

I freely admit I just blank most modernspeak 

9 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

But is it bollocks ?

wtf is 'woke' ? 

Aquerro hasnt done anything that many footballers havent done before him, and many will do after him.

This is an incident that has been blowing out of all proportion. A total non-story made into a story by idiotic reporting from the Red Tops and Sky. 

Jumped on by the easily led.

I think some people are getting confused between sexual harassment and sexism. What Aguerro did wasn’t sexual in nature. However, it was sexist in the patronising and familiar nature of it. If he acted in a similar way towards a male referee there’s every chance he’d get booked. 

The desperation on this thread to sexualise this event is a sight to behold. 

Bizzare that they person who was involved had not said anything ah yeh that’s because it was nothing. 

Let her get on with her job ffs. 

52 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

But is it bollocks ?

wtf is 'woke' ? 

I don’t have a clue what ‘woke’ means either.

🤷🏿‍♂️

46 minutes ago, Rods said:

Bizzare that they person who was involved had not said anything ah yeh that’s because it was nothing. 

I bet the poor lassie has more of a Beamer of people looking to be offended than having a arm round the shoulder from a Man City superstar when she’s doing the job she loves. 

52 minutes ago, S Form said:

I think some people are getting confused between sexual harassment and sexism. What Aguerro did wasn’t sexual in nature. However, it was sexist in the patronising and familiar nature of it. If he acted in a similar way towards a male referee there’s every chance he’d get booked. 

Look at the pictures in this thread.  Was he booked then or is that different? 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, Rods said:

I think it's the people who are suggesting that there's nothing wrong with the incident that are coming across as being the more desperate. In fact a few posters have lost their shit defending Aguero. 

It's quite odd. 

Weakened Offender
52 minutes ago, Morgan said:

I don’t have a clue what ‘woke’ means either.

🤷🏿‍♂️

Pretty impressive work here. 😀

Having watched the clip a couple of times, I have to say I really don’t like it. He doesn’t do anything too awful, but there’s a flavour of alpha-male swagger about his body language that is unpleasant. Perhaps it wasn’t meant that way, perhaps he could have done the same with a male official and it wouldn’t have been an issue, but she was clearly uncomfortable and it really isn’t a good look.

28 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Having watched the clip a couple of times, I have to say I really don’t like it. He doesn’t do anything too awful, but there’s a flavour of alpha-male swagger about his body language that is unpleasant. Perhaps it wasn’t meant that way, perhaps he could have done the same with a male official and it wouldn’t have been an issue, but she was clearly uncomfortable and it really isn’t a good look.

I've also watched this a couple of times now. I honestly don't think the fact the assistant ref being female even entered his mind. Shes been involved at premier league level for a few years now so the players are all aware of who she is and the 'novelty' of a female doing that job in a traditionally male dominated league has surely worn off?? I think he gave the official a bit of a rant after he felt he kept the ball in play but she awarded the throw to arsenal. I reckon he's thought after his initial rant that he overreacted slightly and, trying to avoid  a potential booking for dissent, he was possibly apologising/accepting he overreacted. The hand on the official was, in my view, more for the match referees benefit to see he was acknowledging his behaviour. Had this been a male assistant referee this thread wouldn't even exist! This theory is entirely my own opinion and interpretation of the incident though and could of course, be totally wrong!

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

Look at the pictures in this thread.  Was he booked then or is that different? 

None of the pictures show him with his arm around a male ref in the same way and, since they’re stills, it’s impossible to tell the context and therefore whether he should have been booked.

47 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Has she raised any concerns herself? 

Of course she hasn’t /won’t, Tosh.  👍

I would imagine that we all have touched both males and females before, no malice or intent as a forethought, just a human gesture.

I know I have.  

Well, until feckin Covid raised it's ugly head, that is!

What a load of shite folk get their knickers in a twist about nowadays, honest to feck.

1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

I think it's the people who are suggesting that there's nothing wrong with the incident that are coming across as being the more desperate. In fact a few posters have lost their shit defending Aguero. 

It's quite odd. 

Only one creep posting 9n this thread and that's you. I will say it again. You are trolling pure and simple.