• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Weakened Offender

• Last Laff

• Morgan

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People overreacting in the name of woke as per. The real story should be how the Lino handled the situation. No histrionics not running to the ref unlike the probable response of her male colleagues. 

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Rods said:

People overreacting in the name of woke as per. The real story should be how the Lino handled the situation. No histrionics not running to the ref unlike the probable response of her male colleagues. 

I certainly agree that she handled it well despite her obvious discomfort. 

You don't have to be 'woke' to know what a creep looks like. 😊

5 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

People making mountains out of mole holes again.

Some people need to look at the entire episode : he verbally abused the official and THEN he put his hand on her neck.

Something he would never have done to a male official.

But , yeah, "mole hills". 

been here before

The story should be that he shouldnt be man (?person)handling the officials in the first place, male or female.

Anything else is just shite deflecting from that.

The country natters like old women in a post office queue at the slightest thing these days. There is real news and real football incidents to talk about but newspapers and tv programmes find time to discuss this pish. It’s embarrassing. 

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The country natters like old women in a post office queue at the slightest thing these days. There is real news and real football incidents to talk about but newspapers and tv programmes find time to discuss this pish. It’s embarrassing. 

Man's Man- Alert! 

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, Last Laff said:

He's right. 

I'm pleased you agree with him and not me, to be honest. 😊

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Man's Man- Alert! 

I’m aware of the rampant sexism and misogyny in this country and am absolutely against it. This sort of nonsense story delects from the argument.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m aware of the rampant sexism and misogyny in this country and am absolutely against it. This sort of nonsense story delects from the argument.

Agreed. To my understanding a player must never put a hand on a official. (Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.) Therefore he is in the wrong. 

If the touch had been on him from a defender waiting while waiting for a corner perhaps, would the response have resembled a sack of potatoes.

8 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Why is it creepy? 

Oh look where this player is touching: 

r314565_1296x729_16-9.jpg

He's just trying to find the switch to turn the red into yellow.  It's there somewhere.  🥴 

Not sure what the wee guy on the left is trying to suggest with that empty hand either :o   Looks like he wants the free one on the right 😕 

36 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I certainly agree that she handled it well despite her obvious discomfort. 

You don't have to be 'woke' to know what a creep looks like. 😊

He does that quite a lot and he is not the only one. People are only seeing it as creepy because she is a women. 

Aguero treating her equally = creepy

Aguero treating her differently =  misogyny

It should not even be discussed but the woke have pushed it to the front and trampled over any kudos she deserves. 

12 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I'm pleased you agree with him and not me, to be honest. 😊

Change the r in your name to D 👌

6 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

He's just trying to find the switch to turn the red into yellow.  It's there somewhere.  🥴 

Not sure what the wee guy on the left is trying to suggest with that empty hand either :o   Looks like he wants the free one on the right 😕 

will someone please think of the children though? :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Rods said:

He does that quite a lot and he is not the only one. People are only seeing it as creepy because she is a women. 

It should not even be discussed but the woke have pushed it to the front and trampled over any kudos she deserves. 

Yep. People are not just looking at how quiet and able she goes about her job now. 

Weakened Offender

I don't think it does. 

6 minutes ago, Rods said:

Woke 

Millenniums

Virtue signalling

The tragic language of the largely-ignored-and-rightly-so right-wing male generation xers 😁

1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

I don't think it does. 

Of course it does. The British media only have so many column inches and television news hours. They have become adept at deflecting from real and important issues by distracting us with what is little more than idle chit chat. 

People making something out of this should question if they would even have batted an eye lid if this was a male official. He maybe should have been booked for his verbal against the official but for putting his arm on her - naw. He has already been cleared as it is not against the rules to touch officials if not in a aggressive manner. There was **** all creepy about it either. 

Ridiculous that anyone is trying to make this into something that it isn’t. 

Different angle here. 

A5C07302-AB58-4541-B147-DB38CF53C89B.jpeg

Weakened Offender

Of course it does. The British media only have so many column inches and television news hours. They have become adept at deflecting from real and important issues by distracting us with what is little more than idle chit chat. 

Ok, what amount of unwanted male physical contact within a female's work environment is not idle chit chat then? 😊

Weakened Offender
3 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

People making something out of this should question if they would even have batted an eye lid if this was a male official. He maybe should have been booked for his verbal against the official but for putting his arm on her - naw. He has already been cleared as it is not against the rules to touch officials if not in a aggressive manner. There was **** all creepy about it either. 

Ridiculous that anyone is trying to make this into something that it isn’t. 

Different angle here. 

A5C07302-AB58-4541-B147-DB38CF53C89B.jpeg

Screenshot_20201018_141759_com.android.chrome.jpg

8 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I don't think it does. 

Woke 

Millenniums

Virtue signalling

The tragic language of the largely-ignored-and-rightly-so right-wing male generation xers 😁

Stop talking  bollocks

Just now, Weakened Offender said:

Ok, what amount of unwanted male physical contact within a female's work environment is not idle chit chat then? 😊

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/sexual-harassment-in-a-pandemic-why-staff-are-more-vulnerable/

Why not talk about real issues. A footballer touching a female assistant ref when nobody knows if he’d have touched a male in the same manner is no more newsworthy whether it is augero or someone in the east seniors league or similar. It’s a non story.

http://business-school.open.ac.uk/news/five-reasons-why-coercive-control-has-increased-during-covid-19

Weakened Offender
Just now, AlimOzturk said:

That’s exactly the same photo I posted what is your point?

I know. I don't think it looks OK. I think it looks creepy. 

Weakened Offender

https://www.personneltoday.com/hr/sexual-harassment-in-a-pandemic-why-staff-are-more-vulnerable/

Why not talk about real issues. A footballer touching a female assistant ref when nobody knows if he’d have touched a male in the same manner is no more newsworthy whether it is augero or someone in the east seniors league or similar. It’s a non story.

http://business-school.open.ac.uk/news/five-reasons-why-coercive-control-has-increased-during-covid-19

Talk about them then. I don't even think you need to start a new thread. 😊

YOU think it's a non story - that's fine. 

Others think his verbal abuse of a match official followed by inappropriate touching is a newsworthy story.

That's the magic of the internet. 

5 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The photo doesn't tell the whole story and it was noticeable that a lot of the video clips on Twitter last night didn't show Aguero's verbal abuse of the official in the lead up to his decision to "touch" her. 

Neil Dongcaster
9 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Screenshot_20201018_141759_com.android.chrome.jpg

Look at her body language. She’s clearly very uncomfortable.

It’s not the biggest deal in the world, however I wouldn’t personally have done it.

18 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Talk about them then. I don't even think you need to start a new thread. 😊

😀 you know fine well what I mean. 

18 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

YOU think it's a non story - that's fine. 

Others think his verbal abuse of a match official followed by inappropriate touching is a newsworthy story.

That's the magic of the internet. 

I didn’t say it wasn’t worthy of discussion on here. I said it was idle chit chat and that it was disappointing the media had given time to it when there are real issues far more worthy of coverage. 

if it was verbal abuse of a male official and inappropriate touching of a male official would the media be devoting any time to it at all? 

Nobody knows if Aguero would have reacted in the same way if it was a male. Male officials have certainly been touched by players in the past. 

Edited by GinRummy

10 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I know. I don't think it looks OK. I think it looks creepy. 

Tell her to feck off back to women's football. Or get her man's dinner ready. 

Edited by ri Alban

Bazzas right boot

Has she complained about it?

If so, the context and her side of things would be interesting. 

If she's not arsed, why is any one else? 

18 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think he’s trying to tell you he is all offended on her behalf. 

I don’t even think it’s a yellow. Going only on the video posted there is nothing wrong with that. 

So are we saying that this is ok because she didn’t complain about it?  Where have we heard that one before?

Im not looking to make a big deal about it, but I must admit it made me feel uncomfortable watching it live.

4 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

So are we saying that this is ok because she didn’t complain about it?  Where have we heard that one before?

Im not looking to make a big deal about it, but I must admit it made me feel uncomfortable watching it live.

Why not complain then?  That way if there's loads of complaints about an International superstar footballer putting his arm around a match official in a non aggressive or suggestive way the lady that all this attention has been brought on to can express her feelings?