NEXT !

22games nro

18 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

would be tempted to bring in halliday or haring for as you say irving or lee. get prepared for the semi

This. I’d see if you can get 60-70 minutes out of Halliday this weekend because he starts the semi for me if he can do the first hour. Haring I’d wrap in cotton wool for the semi and hope he can do the full 90.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1874robbo

• David McCaig

• Morgan

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

16 hours ago, One five said:

stick as many passed them as possible but agree most importantly a win with no injuries or cards 🤞.

Didn't think cards in league game affected cup game ?

6 minutes ago, johnthomas said:

Didn't think cards in league game affected cup game ?

Red card for violent conduct would miss the next game in all comps

14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

This. I’d see if you can get 60-70 minutes out of Halliday this weekend because he starts the semi for me if he can do the first hour. Haring I’d wrap in cotton wool for the semi and hope he can do the full 90.

There is an 8 day gap between Arbroath and Hibs.  If Halliday and Haring can't start v Arbroath, they can't start v Hibs.

The big mistake in the infamous 2-2 game was starting several players who didn't have 90 minutes in their legs.  We then picked up 3 injuries to our usual starters leaving us to play the last 30 mins with only 8 fully fit players on the pitch.

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

There is an 8 day gap between Arbroath and Hibs.  If Halliday and Haring can't start v Arbroath, they can't start v Hibs.

The big mistake in the infamous 2-2 game was starting several players who didn't have 90 minutes in their legs.  We then picked up 3 injuries to our usual starters leaving us to play the last 30 mins with only 8 fully fit players on the pitch.

A fact conveniently forgotten by many, many people when using that game as a stick to beat Robbie with. One of those injuries (Djoum being clattered by Bartley) should have seen Hibs down to 10 men as well.

Anyway... Bring on the 'broath!

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Which players were unfit ? We lost bauben after 10 minutes when it was 0-0. Replaced by a fully fit Cowie almost a like for like sub. We lost Ozturk just after half time because he had been booked and was looking like a red card waiting to happen. Replaced by Oshiniwa and a slight re-shuffle at the back. Djoum went off late on after Hibs scored the first to be replaced by Walker because we needed an out ball.it was still 2-1 at that stage with 8 minutes plus IT to go. Walker barely touched the ball.

We drew that game because we (Robbie Neilson) were tactically over cautious and defending too deep. Nothing to do with fitness of players, we just weren’t brave enough, good enough or clever enough.

I think they’ll both start on Friday but we really need to be careful with Haring and I’d prefer we had a good think about what’s best for Friday given how important the next game is

Edited by JimmyCant

August Landmesser
22 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Which players were unfit ? We lost bauben after 10 minutes when it was 0-0. Replaced by a fully fit Cowie almost a like for like sub. We lost Ozturk just after half time because he had been booked and was looking like a red card waiting to happen. Replaced by Oshiniwa and a slight re-shuffle at the back. Djoum went off late on after Hibs scored the first to be replaced by Walker because we needed an out ball.it was still 2-1 at that stage with 8 minutes plus IT to go. Walker barely touched the ball.

We drew that game because we (Robbie Neilson) were tactically over cautious and defending too deep. Nothing to do with fitness of players, we just weren’t brave enough, good enough or clever enough.

I think they’ll both start on Friday but we really need to be careful with Haring and I’d prefer we had a good think about what’s best for Friday given how important the next game is

We drew that game because Dauda had a header cleared off the line in the last minute.

43 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Its Hibs it's a semi final and yes we would love to win it. However, thee most important game is our next league game and then the one after that and so on... with the current situation we need as many points as possible (preferably maximum) from every game in case the league is pulled and it's points per game deciding our fate. We must be promoted this season no matter what.

12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Its Hibs it's a semi final and yes we would love to win it. However, thee most important game is our next league game and then the one after that and so on... with the current situation we need as many points as possible (preferably maximum) from every game in case the league is pulled and it's points per game deciding our fate. We must be promoted this season no matter what.

I’d take a defeat on Friday for a win in the semi. 7 days a week and twice on Sunday’s. 1. It’s a big chance of a trophy 2. It stops Hibs winning it. 3. We’ll pish this league anyway.

William H. Bonney
3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Red card for violent conduct would miss the next game in all comps

even if that game was last year’s tournament? 

1 hour ago, August Landmesser said:

We drew that game because Dauda had a header cleared off the line in the last minute.

Augustin?

39 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d take a defeat on Friday for a win in the semi. 7 days a week and twice on Sunday’s. 1. It’s a big chance of a trophy 2. It stops Hibs winning it. 3. We’ll pish this league anyway.

3. You don't know that. Say we lost on Friday and Dunfermline for example have more points than us 12 games in and the league is pulled chances are we stay down. 

On 2. Hibs have lost to both Aberdeen and Celtic already this season. Personally I'd rather we focus on Friday night get the best 11 on the park get the points and then focus on the semi final. Come the 31st the best 11 available goes out and tries to beat Hibs. We can't be complacent this season about league points we of all teams should know that after last seasons fiasco!

After the turmoil of last season I think we just need to concentrate on winning the next game.  Beat Arbroath then we go on to next game.  

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Cowie and Dauda were nowhere near match fit having just signed and not having played recent first team.football.

We lost Buaben after 10 mins which forced us to bring on Cowie for an 80 minute shift and Ozturk.was injured after 50.  Djoum was assaulted by Bartley and managed to hobble on until the 80th minute.

24 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Cowie and Dauda were nowhere near match fit having just signed and not having played recent first team.football.

We lost Buaben after 10 mins which forced us to bring on Cowie for an 80 minute shift and Ozturk.was injured after 50.  Djoum was assaulted by Bartley and managed to hobble on until the 80th minute.

Anyway. Back to the matter in hand. I am sure the coaching staff and medical staff will have an opinion as to whether Haring and Halliday need another game in their legs or whether to rest them and keep them safe and ticking over.

August Landmesser
4 hours ago, David Black said:

Augustin?

Yes!

Easy to confuse the two... :whistling:

Didn't Dauda smash one over the bar in the second half?

Anyway... 

Went to Arbroath v Thistle last year. Really windy and they played the conditions very well. Hopefully Wighton can give us some good insights into the tactics, Thistle fell into most of the obvious failings like long balls going too far downwind. Was 2-1 going on 5-0. Thistle's goal was a tap in late on after the arbroath keeper dropped one out of nowhere. See Robbie won there with united last season. 

On 17/10/2020 at 22:45, SectionDJambo said:

I remember a whisky brand were giving a crate to each player who scored a hat trick, that season.

I can’t remember if both Drew and Willie got a case.

They both got a case, but Busby drank all the whisky, as he was renowned for doing, so Gibson was not happy.

1 hour ago, Tott said:

Light winds for Friday night (14 mph) and looking like it will be dry.

Expecting 3-0 win at least.

I'll take any win with a clean sheet.  Hopefully we can replicate the previous 2 games by scoring very early and throw Arbroath off their game plan.  Ideally we get a comfortable win, but any win will do.

Would love us to dish out another pumping here to get our confidence up before the semi against H1b5, Having said that i will take any win here, I think arbroath will 100% park the bus and see them making it alot more difficult than dundee who appeared to play completely open against us.

Prediction is 0-2 Hearts with late goals for us.

5 hours ago, RobNox said:

They both got a case, but Busby drank all the whisky, as he was renowned for doing, so Gibson was not happy.

What!? as well as Newcastle Brown. Top man the Buzz bomb

9 hours ago, Tott said:

Light winds for Friday night (14 mph) and looking like it will be dry.

Expecting 3-0 win at least.

As a golfer, I can attest that 14mph is not just a gentle breeze 😕

Jambo in Bathgate
21 hours ago, Rudy T said:

3. You don't know that. Say we lost on Friday and Dunfermline for example have more points than us 12 games in and the league is pulled chances are we stay down. 

On 2. Hibs have lost to both Aberdeen and Celtic already this season. Personally I'd rather we focus on Friday night get the best 11 on the park get the points and then focus on the semi final. Come the 31st the best 11 available goes out and tries to beat Hibs. We can't be complacent this season about league points we of all teams should know that after last seasons fiasco!

This exactly! 

On 20/10/2020 at 12:25, JimmyCant said:

I believe I've spotted the problem with that game :lol:

Looking forward to the OMT.  Expecting us to score 3 at least.  The key for me is the 1st half.  Terrific scoring 4 last week.

On 20/10/2020 at 14:13, Rudy T said:

Correct its very early in the season, we should be out trying to win every game,      the semi will take care of itself, everyone will want to play and show their stuff,  nothing to worry about their.....🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👈

First real taste of championship football this season. Hailing from across the North Sea I had to look it up as I couldn't remember if Arbroath was on the EC or WC only to affirm they were on the right coast. Can't see anything but a win for this game though I have a feeling that they will try to slow things down after the skelping of Dundee last Friday.   

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 hours ago, HoGwash said:

I agree,  fortunately the football is not hit 200 yards and 100 ft high

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We simply need to be able to get wired in to win. Hence why I would not go with the silky midfield and go the attrition route 

1 hour ago, Hectormasson said:

Correct its very early in the season, we should be out trying to win every game,      the semi will take care of itself, everyone will want to play and show their stuff,  nothing to worry about their.....🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦🇶🇦👈

You can be sure the rest of the teams will be focused on getting points early and see what happens, they know over a season we'll likely win comfortably, over 12-14 games you just never know.

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, tian447 said:

I believe I've spotted the problem with that game :lol:

by the way, he WAS the problem. I remember it vividly, the whole team dropped back to protect that side.. we absolutely lost any control we had when he came on

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

by the way, he WAS the problem. I remember it vividly, the whole team dropped back to protect that side.. we absolutely lost any control we had when he came on

He was absolutely ****ing rancid.  We got Ali Dia'd well and truly, but we were stupid enough to keep trying.  I have just about managed to block out the memory of his miss at Celtic Park...

The real Juwon Oshaniwa must be locked up in a cage somewhere, because whoever it was that played for us was never a footballer. 

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, tian447 said:

He was absolutely ****ing rancid.  We got Ali Dia'd well and truly, but we were stupid enough to keep trying.  I have just about managed to block out the memory of his miss at Celtic Park...

The real Juwon Oshaniwa must be locked up in a cage somewhere, because whoever it was that played for us was never a footballer. 

Can’t disagree with any of that. Should never have features again after motherwell away

12 hours ago, HoGwash said:

For gayfield 30mph is a light breeze 14mph is as close to flat calm as you'll get 😂

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

I agree,  fortunately the football is not hit 200 yards and 100 ft high

There's probably a Craig Levein joke to be made here 😂

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

And to add to that, the dropping back had **** all to do with Neilson. I clearly remember Robbie screaming at the team to push up. Short of going on the pitch, there was nowt else he could do. 

Gayfield is, and always has been, windier than my wife on a Saturday morning, after her Friday Vindaloo.

Just.

Willie Hamilton genius
15 minutes ago, Zico said:

And to add to that, the dropping back had **** all to do with Neilson. I clearly remember Robbie screaming at the team to push up. Short of going on the pitch, there was nowt else he could do. 

Absolutely 

Robbie was going nuts

25 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Gayfield is, and always has been, windier than my wife on a Saturday morning, after her Friday Vindaloo.

Just.

There’s a “playing into the wind” joke in there somewhere. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think either Haring or Halliday should start with prep for Hibs in mind.

Its hardly wacky or a particular risk and I think we need at least one in there for the semi.