• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1874robbo

• David McCaig

• Morgan

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Dick spoke at our football club event about 20 years ago. Seemed a decent guy with some interesting stories and insights. 

Also a guest speaker at a McCraes dinner in the Royal Scots club. As you say came across as a decent spud. 

8 hours ago, Jambos1983 said:

A fantastic reminder OP. Lets get them pumped

we should do this before we play each team  

Not 100% entirely sure we need reminding but most of Scottish football thinks that now the "dust ‘ has settled we will chill as time is a great healer.

In my opinion they couldn’t be further from the truth and we should be as vociferous as we can against these teams for YEARS to come. And if that means we do a wee reminder and it helps then I’m all for it 

7EECDB04-C999-40D5-B17B-0D6BD4994A14.jpeg

MarkDevriesScores4

Is wee Connor Smith allowed to play for Arbroath against hearts as he’s on loan?

not sure what the rules are in that regard with tinpot teams

would rather the young lad isn’t subject to humiliation 

Edited by MarkDevriesScores4

2 hours ago, Jambomb said:

gives me a warm fuzzy feeling reading that, especially the bit saying they had ‘set up a live streaming facility at considerable cost ‘

they honestly do not get it, whilst I appreciate some fans may have bought this if our game wasn’t on, I wouldn’t have thought it would be anywhere the numbers they where hoping for.

I couldn’t give any of these teams a single penny,.

EEE08B7E-8305-4B5A-AE40-13DDB0EBE2B9.jpeg

MarkDevriesScores4
2 minutes ago, Rods said:

This makes for fantastic reading. I just wish there was an appetite for a boycott for the non bbc games. 

Great reading. Did they honestly think the BBC were going to show games like Arbroath V Alloa where viewing figures would barely reach the hundreds?

I hope the BBC follow hearts to every ground this season except maybe Inverness where I’d happily pay for a stream.  😂 these clowns can take their medicine 

10 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Was it not these arseholes raging recently because the game is being shown on tv? They thought thousands of us would be paying for their stream. 🤣🤣🤣

Budgeted for 4000 apparently!!

1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I love the fact this Arbroath clown thinks the second visit might attract us to either attend in person or give them money. Dream on sunshine!

Hopefully every online viewer will have subscribed to Hearts International by then.

35 minutes ago, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Is wee Connor Smith allowed to play for Arbroath against hearts as he’s on loan?

not sure what the rules are in that regard with tinpot teams

would rather the young lad isn’t subject to humiliation 

Hearts will have inserted a clause he can’t play against us.

Салатные палочки
2 hours ago, brux said:

Some of these clubs clearly voted thinking Hearts would bring down huge away support and help them financially. 

THAT WORKED OUT WELL FOR THEM!

Aye and it looks like the BBC will be showing the majority of our games. 

:pleasing:

19 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Hopefully every online viewer will have subscribed to Hearts International by then.

How can you do that in UK ?

A reminder of their statement from April, complete with contradictions

https://www.arbroathfc.co.uk/spfl-statement/

The Arbroath FC Board confirms that they unanimously agreed to vote in favour of the SPFL resolution, which was  to end the current season.

The preference would have been to complete our season, but with the restrictions imposed by the UK Government during the COVID-19 pandemic it is now apparent that will not be possible.

The overwhelming factor right now is the healthy and safety of everyone.  From our players to our supporters as well as our community and society as a whole. We also have to do what is best for Scottish football.

For everyone in the Scottish Game, it is vitally important that we unite as one  and as a club, Arbroath FC will continue to remain calm and humble whilst showing our fellow clubs the respect that they deserve.

We know that Football clubs are very much at the heart of our communities and as a club we are lucky to be involved with so many people of all ages. We pride our community and we know that if we ALL continue to show compassion and respect during these difficult times we will come out of it stronger on the other side.

We would like to thank our supporters for their continued support of the club. From buying shares, bricks and to the virtual grand national you are all playing your part in helping your club.

Please keep safe and stay indoors so we can help our amazing NHS Staff, Emergency and Key Workers.

C’mon the Lichties

- Respectfully, RAM your compassion, in my "humble" opinion

11 hours ago, redjambo said:

Their only saving grace is that they voted in favour of reconstruction in the final indicative vote. But by then, the damage was effectively done.

Before folk get on their high horses, I'm just adding some nuance. Arbroath aren't the worst of the teams out there. I will reserve my real opprobrium for other teams who actively spoke out against us and who voted against us at every turn.

In saying that, I hope we hammer them. :smile:

Agree with you there. They aren't the worst out there. 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Budgeted for 4000 apparently!!

image.jpeg.f0b7798a17efdff767f3d0f210b91d74.jpeg

Unfortunately when he wakes up reality will be quite different😂

2 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Also a guest speaker at a McCraes dinner in the Royal Scots club. As you say came across as a decent spud. 

Old school Hun . Somebody reminiscing about him as a player recently told a story about when he got sent off once . Apparently spent the rest of the game in the tunnel singing the sash .

Given Arbroath resources he has done unbelievably well with them

Suspect the bus will be cemented to the pitch . Early goal will certainly help 

3 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Agree with you there. They aren't the worst out there. 

Bollocks.

The original vote is all that matters. After that the likes of Arbroath, Dunfermline etc feared a boycott of Hearts fans. They also knew there was no hope in hell of the vote going through.

Feck em.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Just now, neilnunb said:

Bollocks.

The original vote is all that matters. After that the likes of Arbroath, Dunfermline etc feared a boycott of Hearts fans. They also knew there was no hope in hell of the vote going through.

Feck em.

:greatpost:

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Bollocks.

Feck em.

This. ****ing rats, hope we smash them. 

22 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Bollocks.

Feck em.

Not bollocks. 

Hibs, Dundee, Dundee United, Raith Rovers, Ross County, Aberdeen, Saint Johnstone and several others much higher up the pecking order for me. That doesn't mean we should give them a penny though. 

Fair enough if you disagree but my opinion is not bollocks. 

Edit. Celtic right up there with Hibs as well. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

Tennant's  6's
13 hours ago, kila said:

This should be the official match thread ritual: a reminder of how the scum we're playing voted and what public remarks they made.

Damn right. 

Forget about moving on, we won't forget. They screwed us, and others over, and had it not been for the overwhelming support of our fantastic fanbase , and perhaps a little help from the Board/ Benefactors, then we'd really have been in  the shit. 

It'll good to get away from budgets cozy arms around the world approach. 

Hearts are best when we've got the siege mentality & use that to out advantage. 

His projection of 4,000 punters paying £15 each to watch his team is fanciful.

He should re-read his own statements and """take his medicine""".................!!!!

husref musemic

One of many who simply hid behind the spfl/doncaster lie of "not possible to complete the season". 100% Complicit, i hope they fold.

Before each game Robbie should remind the players that the team they are about to play voted to shit on the Hearts and the players own personal circumstances big time.

And to go out and rip the filth a new one.

Weakened Offender
55 minutes ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Not bollocks. 

Hibs, Dundee, Dundee United, Raith Rovers, Ross County, Aberdeen, Saint Johnstone and several others much higher up the pecking order for me. That doesn't mean we should give them a penny though. 

Fair enough if you disagree but my opinion is not bollocks. 

Edit. Celtic right up there with Hibs as well. 

I agree with this. Are people going to stop goung to watch Hearts away in the top league? Easter Road? Doubt it. 

And he’s not praying!
17 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

I agree with this. Are people going to stop goung to watch Hearts away in the top league? Easter Road? Doubt it. 

I am. I won’t be at any football ground other than Tynecastle.

I’ve also seen Hearts lift a trophy at Hampden for the last time.

2 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

I am. I won’t be at any football ground other than Tynecastle.

I’ve also seen Hearts lift a trophy at Hampden for the last time.

That 5-1 still hurting?   

👌👌👌👌👌.    👌

Lord Beni of Gorgie

15 quid to watch a game at Arbroath is bad enough let alone on a stream. Same price as English Premier PPV.

Aye ok  :rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo

Arbroath don't get ay credit for voting for reconstruction IMO. The first vote should have been rejected, thus forcing teams to find a fairer solution, which did exist. If Arbroath really believed what they said in that statement they should have done what East Fife did:

“Although we have no issue with current league positions being declared final from a prize money perspective, the overwhelming consensus was that we could not vote in favour of a resolution that would see fellow clubs relegated without the full conclusion of the 36-game season. You will have seen that three League One & Two clubs voted against the resolution and I can confirm, to avoid any misinformation or speculation, that we were one of the three.”

I'm guessing Falkirk were one of the 3 in L1 and 2. Who was the third?

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Arbroath don't get ay credit for voting for reconstruction IMO. The first vote should have been rejected, thus forcing teams to find a fairer solution, which did exist. If Arbroath really believed what they said in that statement they should have done what East Fife did:

“Although we have no issue with current league positions being declared final from a prize money perspective, the overwhelming consensus was that we could not vote in favour of a resolution that would see fellow clubs relegated without the full conclusion of the 36-game season. You will have seen that three League One & Two clubs voted against the resolution and I can confirm, to avoid any misinformation or speculation, that we were one of the three.”

I'm guessing Falkirk were one of the 3 in L1 and 2. Who was the third?

The information at the time indicated that there were 4 teams in L1 and L2 who voted against:

East Fife, Falkirk, Edinburgh City & Stranraer.

East Fife - https://eastfifefc.info/latest-news/792-club-statement-spfl-resolution-covid-19

Falkirk: https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/04/15/club-statement-11/

Edinburgh City: http://www.edinburghcityfc.com/2020/04/13/club-statement-spfl-resolution/

Stranraer: https://stranraerfc.org/statement-spfl-resolution-and-covid-19/

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The information at the time indicated that there were 4 teams in L1 and L2 who voted against:

East Fife - https://eastfifefc.info/latest-news/792-club-statement-spfl-resolution-covid-19

Edinburgh City: http://www.edinburghcityfc.com/2020/04/13/club-statement-spfl-resolution/

Thanks. How could I forget Stranraer! EC's statement is great. Short and clear with a lot of spot-on points that I still haven't heard proper arguments against from anyone, including the SPFL.

51 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ive never read that Stranraer statement, brilliant. Definately on our "like" list. 

18 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I remember a whisky brand were giving a crate to each player who scored a hat trick, that season.

I can’t remember if both Drew and Willie got a case.

18 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Bells I think.

For some reason, I think it’s Whyte and Mackay?  🤷🏿‍♂️

Don’t know where I plucked that from though.  😀

10 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

We could have a mass zoom call when watching the game and sing "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas"

:yas: 

9 hours ago, Rooster20 said:

Comfortable 3-0 at half time, easy does it in the second, don't want any injuries.

A 0-1 win will do me with no injuries and no yellow/red cards with H1B5 the next game.

19 hours ago, Independence said:

A 0-1 win will do me with no injuries and no yellow/red cards with H1B5 the next game.

stick as many passed them as possible but agree most importantly a win with no injuries or cards 🤞.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sticking with the same team for this or should we make a change. 

Might be tempted to start with Halliday rather than either Irving or Lee

10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Sticking with the same team for this or should we make a change. 

Might be tempted to start with Halliday rather than either Irving or Lee

would be tempted to bring in halliday or haring for as you say irving or lee. get prepared for the semi