Sign in to follow this  
weehammy

Poisoned police officer quits

weehammy

Can no longer do his job after nerve agent poisoning carried out by state-sponsored Russian hoods.

Aside from the Skripals, who were the targets, an innocent woman died.

Nobody demonstrated.

Outrage is selective.

hibshater
23 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Can no longer do his job after nerve agent poisoning carried out by state-sponsored Russian hoods.

Nobody demonstrated.

Outrage is selective.

If there was a like button for this post. I couldn't push it often enough.  100% correct. 

CostaJambo

He said he had gone home before realising he was ill and went to the hospital, and as a result, his family had to leave their house including losing all their possessions, even the kids' stuff. Bound to mess with your head all that he has had to deal with.  

Justin Z

Curious what exactly they should have demonstrated against, seeing as there was massive media coverage, outrage, and government condemnation of the Novichok poisoning incident.

What more could have been done in response that was not, and could have been called for by demonstrating? And what are your proposals?

Ta.

Sooperstar
23 minutes ago, CostaJambo said:

He said he had gone home before realising he was ill and went to the hospital, and as a result, his family had to leave their house including losing all their possessions, even the kids' stuff. Bound to mess with your head all that he has had to deal with.  

There was a dramatisation of it on TV recently where his story was featured and it did imply that he was still suffering some mental effects from it. BBC or ITV it was. Worth watching. 3 parts I think.

GinRummy
1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

There was a dramatisation of it on TV recently where his story was featured and it did imply that he was still suffering some mental effects from it. BBC or ITV it was. Worth watching. 3 parts I think.

Was a very good series. Bbc 1 I’m sure. 

Weakened Offender
1 hour ago, weehammy said:

Nobody demonstrated.

Outrage is selective.

What kind of demonstration would you think appropriate? 

Jambo-Jimbo

Nobody demonstrated.

Outrage is selective.

IIRC there was massive outrage, resulting in relations between the UK & Russia being the worst for at least 50 years, dozens of diplomats being expelled from both countries and relations have thawed little between the UK & Russia even today.

Demonstrations, like what, like they have in other countries, storm the embassy, wreck the place burn the Russian flag, that sort of thing?

This is the UK, we are civilised, besides I seem to recall that there was and probably still is a sizeable percentage of people in the UK who would rather believe the word of the Kremlin than that of the British Government, correction the word of a Tory British Government.

You should be happy that the Kremlin were so spooked that on a World stage they embarrassed themselves with the fairytail that the FSB agents were only in the UK to admire the height of the spire of Salisbury cathedral, a fairytail that even Hans Christian Andersen would have rejected on the grounds of it being totally BS.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

otterjohn
5 hours ago, weehammy said:

Nobody demonstrated.

Outrage is selective.

I fully understand where your coming from weehammy but not sure if a demonstration would mean anything

However I think a lot more appreciation 

for the overall fantastic police force we have is definitely in order,despite the saddly many loathsome characters who are desperate to slate our brave officers at every opportunity 

Its great you acknowledge their work though

Mac_fae_Gillie
5 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

IIRC there was massive outrage, resulting in relations between the UK & Russia being the worst for at least 50 years, dozens of diplomats being expelled from both countries and relations have thawed little between the UK & Russia even today.

Demonstrations, like what, like they have in other countries, storm the embassy, wreck the place burn the Russian flag, that sort of thing?

This is the UK, we are civilised, besides I seem to recall that there was and probably still is a sizeable percentage of people in the UK who would rather believe the word of the Kremlin than that of the British Government, correction the word of a Tory British Government.

You should be happy that the Kremlin were so spooked that on a World stage they embarrassed themselves with the fairytail that the FSB agents were only in the UK to admire the height of the spire of Salisbury cathedral, a fairytail that even Hans Christian Andersen would have rejected on the grounds of it being totally BS.

Little point protesting the likes of Russia, they would just use footage of folks outside thier embassy(let alone storming it) as propaganda.. Russia was punished by sanctions, it was shown to be a pathetic nation and the excuses it gave kept been proved false like the 2 men not existing(they said no passports exist with those names) to the stupid interview ref the Cathedral Spire, no one in the UK believes anything different than the Kremlin ordered a hit(except Galloway and Alex Salmond but thier pay cheques are from RT).

Real shame for this officer still young and a career ruined, but if he is finished due to the event pretty much bet he ain't gonna be broke and he still at least has a life.

Neil Dongcaster

I have a feeling the reason he has quit is there is better money to be made elsewhere.

Jambo-Jimbo
6 hours ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

Little point protesting the likes of Russia, they would just use footage of folks outside thier embassy(let alone storming it) as propaganda.. Russia was punished by sanctions, it was shown to be a pathetic nation and the excuses it gave kept been proved false like the 2 men not existing(they said no passports exist with those names) to the stupid interview ref the Cathedral Spire, no one in the UK believes anything different than the Kremlin ordered a hit(except Galloway and Alex Salmond but thier pay cheques are from RT).

Real shame for this officer still young and a career ruined, but if he is finished due to the event pretty much bet he ain't gonna be broke and he still at least has a life.

Exactly, that's why I think several posters were quizzing the OP of what he/she had meant by demonstrations.

You are correct Russia doesn't give a shiny shite about demonstrations, no what hurts them is in the pocket, that's how you hurt them.

Oh there was and probably still are quite a few people who believed it was all a set up by the British Government to deflect attention away from whatever was going on at the time, brexit or something like that, you need only look at the Skripal thread to see that there were a number of posters who didn't believe the British view, and that's just on here, social media was awash with them so I believe. 

weehammy
12 hours ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

I have a feeling the reason he has quit is there is better money to be made elsewhere.

🤦🏻

Smithee
19 hours ago, Weakened Offender said:

Tutting online apparently 

Neil Dongcaster

🤦🏻

?

Greedy Jambo

What about that other boy that got poisoned recently? 

That's all gone a bit quiet. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

weehammy
On 17/10/2020 at 21:03, Weakened Offender said:

Not advocating a demonstration as I’m not by nature a placard carrier or slogan shouter. Merely observing that these seem to occur for significantly more trivial reasons (at least IMO) such anti-mask wearing.

Tommy Brown
13 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

What about that other boy that got poisoned recently? 

That's all gone a bit quiet. 

mst recent report

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexey-navalny-poisoning-putin-russia-60-minutes-2020-10-18/

Belerus president has claimed it to be fake news :lol:

He seems to have come through it.

Always puzzled me, why would the Russians allow him to be flown to Berlin for treatment.

The Real Maroonblood
47 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

mst recent report

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexey-navalny-poisoning-putin-russia-60-minutes-2020-10-18/

Always puzzled me, why would the Russians allow him to be flown to Berlin for treatment.

Flown to Berlin does seem odd.

fancy a brew
40 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

mst recent report

I'd guess the message they want to send out is they will brazenly take out opposition leaders if they feel like it.

Trump doesn't care/is comprised/secretly admires the hit, whichever it is he hasn't criticised or lifted a finger against Putin. 

Tommy Brown
1 hour ago, fancy a brew said:

I'd guess the message they want to send out is they will brazenly take out opposition leaders if they feel like it.

Trump doesn't care/is comprised/secretly admires the hit, whichever it is he hasn't criticised or lifted a finger against Putin. 

absolutely plausible