Levein the pundit

Japan Jambo

36 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Is it not time for changing nappies and bedtime?

You think Levin spouts shite too then? Excellent. 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Салатные палочки

• colinmaroon

• 1874robbo

• Bongo 1874

11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Talks less shite than Chick Dung at least. Why that fud is still in a job is a mystery.

Which one? 

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Fantastic player in his day and could’ve been one of our greatest. Sadly will be remembered for the damage he caused us second time around. It will take a very long time to forgive him for dragging us down to championship level 

The mans arrogance cost us!! As bongo says rather than step aside and let someone else take over he dragged us deeper in the shit every week.

2 hours ago, JackLadd said:

Talks less shite than Chick Dung at least. Why that fud is still in a job is a mystery.

Chick is a pompous arsehole end of!

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Folk basing Levein’s 20 odd years of management credentials on his last 2 seasons with us 

🤦🏻‍♂️ 

4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Failed as our manager, second time round. Should have gone much more sooner than he did. Left a shambles behind in playing and coaching personnel. 
No argument with any of that.

However, you are right that he has been sticking up for Hearts all through the shenanigans of the SPFL, SFA and most of the media darlings, all through the summer. Other, so called, Hearts men were found wanting on that score, or were just too plain stupid to realise they were being played by the protagonists who were revelling in the constant putting down of our club.

I suppose he had to, since he was mainly responsible for our position, but he didn’t shirk from defending Hearts anytime I heard him.

pretty much where I'm at. for sure it's his mess and on that level it's the very least he can do but I actually think his personality is well suited for what he's doing right now.... certainly a much easier listen that wullie miller and chick young.

12 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

The mans arrogance cost us!! As bongo says rather than step aside and let someone else take over he dragged us deeper in the shit every week.

The use of English is becoming worse by the day.

"Arrogance" is your misguided subjective intolerance shining through.

"Stubbornness" is more accurate.  Thought he could turn things round.  

18 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Talks a good game. 

Too bad he can't put it into practice.

He left behind an absolute shambles that Robbie , JJ are having to sort out. 

His chuckle when broadfoot asked robbie how hard it was sorting out the previous managers mess did annoy even a mild mannered guy like myself..

I look forward to Broadfoot asking Neil Lennon that after he is punted. 

5 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The use of English is becoming worse by the day.

"Arrogance" is your misguided subjective intolerance shining through.

"Stubbornness" is more accurate.  Thought he could turn things round.  

Arrogant and a stubborn prick then. 👍🏻

5 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Arrogant and a stubborn prick then. 👍🏻

Still using "arrogant."

Really folks are unteachable these days.

tartofmidlothian
22 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

25 years experience as a manager had successes and failures, a shame how it ended at Hearts but he’s got a whole lot more knowledge and credibility than any of the usual mob of clueless twat pundits like Kris Boyd, Michael stewart etc and every single person on bbc radio. 

:spoton:

23 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Still using "arrogant."

Really folks are unteachable these days.

I do well enough without being great at English, thanks for the lesson though 👍🏻

E37DAB37-92C4-4A1E-AE13-415CC51DBBFD.png

Edited by 1874robbo

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Busby8 said:

As it's BBC Scotland, can we expect to see him and Stewart in the same studio ?

if so, where can I buy my ticket ?

Seems to be a replacement for Michael while he is on Celtic TV duty. 

Can't see Craig ever scraping that bucket 

17 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Folk basing Levein’s 20 odd years of management credentials on his last 2 seasons with us 

🤦🏻‍♂️

and also his gigs at Leicester and Scotland? 🤔

Tom Hardy’s Dug
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

and also his gigs at Leicester and Scotland? 🤔

His win percentage at Dcotland stands up quite well compare to others. Look it up.

If you don’t think Levein has ever been a decent manager fair play. Rock on. 

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

His win percentage at Dcotland stands up quite well compare to others. Look it up.

If you don’t think Levein has ever been a decent manager fair play. Rock on. 

Decent at Hearts First time around.

Hopeless at Leicester.

Decent at DU.

Hopeless at Scotland.

Disastrous at Hearts second time around.

8 hours ago, Busby8 said:

As it's BBC Scotland, can we expect to see him and Stewart in the same studio ?

if so, where can I buy my ticket ?

They were on the radio together back in the summer were they not?

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Decent at Hearts First time around.

Hopeless at Leicester.

Decent at DU.

Hopeless at Scotland.

Disastrous at Hearts second time around.

Record speaks for itself

A7775563-DD45-4F59-A6E0-354495440280.png

Pasquale for King

Do you have to a complete arsehole to be a pundit these days or is it just a coincidence? Stewart, Sutton, Lennon, Craigan, Boyd, Bartley, Miller, Bonner, Thompson,Pressley, McCoist, Young, Dodds, Preston and now Levein 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?!?!

Edited by Pasquale for King

On 17/10/2020 at 15:41, Jap Jambo said:

Not sure if it's too soon to raise his name again in polite company but is anyone else impressed with his punditry?

Find his analysis really insightful and feel this is a great outlet for his sardonic style.

Found his true forte at last.

Disaster at Hearts from the day he appointed Fidel..........

On 18/10/2020 at 23:17, Pasquale for King said:

Do you have to a complete arsehole to be a pundit these days or is it just a coincidence? Stewart, Sutton, Lennon, Craigan, Boyd, Bartley, Miller, Bonner, Thompson,Pressley, McCoist, Young, Dodds, Preston and now Levein 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?!?!

All of us on here are due a call up then. :lol:

I enjoy listening to Levein.  Him and Adam spoke much sence, the Sellick minded Caldwell not so much.

I feel he had all the skills for the job, but what he lacked was any self-awareness or adaptability. He just sailed on, continuing the same tack, oblivious that players were not getting the message, and some were even resenting him. Too single-minded and too much faith in his own rectitude...Not close enough to it all to know whether he was too strict with his coaches or too slack - certainly the self-belief of both Austin MacPhee and Ian Cathro that they were up to the job indicates that Levein engaged similar types to himself as assistants.

Edited by Spellczech

19 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I feel he had all the skills for the job, but what he lacked was any self-awareness or adaptability. He just sailed on, continuing the same tack, oblivious that players were not getting the message, and some were even resenting him. Too single-minded and too much faith in his own rectitude...Not close enough to it all to know whether he was too strict with his coaches or too slack - certainly the self-belief of both Austin MacPhee and Ian Cathro that they were up to the job indicates that Levein engaged similar types to himself as assistants.

Is he a good radio pundit or not?

Glamorgan Jambo

Craig’s a very decent and interesting pundit to listen to. Offers real insight on occasions in contrast to the bland rumblings of most former OF sofa occupants and the deliberately provocative but fairly vacuous and self serving output from the likes of Michael Stewart.

We’re still recovering from his error strewn final years so feelings are understandably raw but hopefully time can be a healer.

On 18/10/2020 at 16:32, Sir Gio said:

Knows his stuff. Just not a good manager any longer 

Spot on. He is just another out of date Scottish manger who never moved with the times.

manaliveits105

As mentioned above his Scotland record was better than many "liked" figures and the game in Prague with no recognised number 9 was visionary (and hamstrung with injuries) which didnt pay off - somebody missed a sitter that night which may have been Naisy and we could have escaped defeat . have we ever won in Prague ? . However the weegia were always on his case after his treatment of their beloved old firm and the mouthy sheep and vermin in the Tartan Army hated him .

Terrible injury jinx over last 2 seasons  certainly didnt help but I think we wouldnt have ended bottom with him still in charge even if it was by a point - he should have moved back upstairs after cup final though

Always have respect for him and enjoy his punditry .

Natural Order 

FTH

A_A wehatethehibs
On 18/10/2020 at 22:33, chimpto said:

Record speaks for itself

A7775563-DD45-4F59-A6E0-354495440280.png

So much experience, so many near misses and glorious failures in his career. No trophies. Done Europe, England and International, you can scarcely believe the bad luck he has had not to win something in a 40 year playing and manager career. But that’s the way it goes for the majority of players and managers out there, who go out on the pitch and compete. No major medals at the end of a career, that’s 90% of players. That’s why a cup win is so special. Despite that, Levein was always such a competitor as shown by his derby record 50 odd wins out of 60 or whatever it is. He’s basically Scottish non old firm football personified, makes him the ideal neutral pundit really when you think about it, no Celtic or Rangers fan could ever really accuse him of bias. He’s lost the same amount of games against the both of them, don’t think he ever won a game away in Glasgow but he has given the both of them the occasional bloody nose at Tynecastle and Tannadice

Time for those jambos still holding a grudge against him to let it go from now imo, yes it was a disastrous ending but sometimes things go against you in football. A lot of things have gone against Levein in his career but there’s a lot of good memories there as well, and vast knowledge and experience. Ideal pundit.  We’ve moved on now 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So much experience, so many near misses and glorious failures in his career. No trophies. Done Europe, England and International, you can scarcely believe the bad luck he has had not to win something in a 40 year playing and manager career. But that’s the way it goes for the majority of players and managers out there, who go out on the pitch and compete. No major medals at the end of a career, that’s 90% of players. That’s why a cup win is so special. Despite that, Levein was always such a competitor as shown by his derby record 50 odd wins out of 60 or whatever it is. He’s basically Scottish non old firm football personified, makes him the ideal neutral pundit really when you think about it, no Celtic or Rangers fan could ever really accuse him of bias. He’s lost the same amount of games against the both of them, don’t think he ever won a game away in Glasgow but he has given the both of them the occasional bloody nose at Tynecastle and Tannadice

Time for those jambos still holding a grudge against him to let it go from now imo, yes it was a disastrous ending but sometimes things go against you in football. A lot of things have gone against Levein in his career but there’s a lot of good memories there as well, and vast knowledge and experience. Ideal pundit.  We’ve moved on now 

Won one nil at Ibrox once. Joe Hammill (?) Scored I think. End of season game in his first spell at Hearts.

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, Boris said:

Won one nil at Ibrox once. Joe Hammill (?) Scored I think. End of season game in his first spell at Hearts.

Last time I was at that hellhole, never beat them at Tynecastle ever. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Last time I was at that hellhole, never beat them at Tynecastle ever. 

Can you count the Cathro game? Levein was pulling the strings, right?

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Boris said:

Can you count the Cathro game? Levein was pulling the strings, right?

Or the Neilson wins?

Levein is a smart guy undoubtedly, shrewd and eloquent, particularly compared to other pundits in Scotland. The issue of course is he can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. Anything he says will always be undermined by that very basic fact. As a manager a failure, pure and simple. Must need the money though eh. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Levein is a smart guy undoubtedly, shrewd and eloquent, particularly compared to other pundits in Scotland. The issue of course is he can talk the talk but can't walk the walk. Anything he says will always be undermined by that very basic fact. As a manager a failure, pure and simple. Must need the money though eh. 

Spot on.