Levein the pundit

Japan Jambo

Not sure if it's too soon to raise his name again in polite company but is anyone else impressed with his punditry?

Find his analysis really insightful and feel this is a great outlet for his sardonic style.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Салатные палочки

• colinmaroon

• 1874robbo

• Bongo 1874

Tennant's  6's

Talks a good game. 

Too bad he can't put it into practice.

He left behind an absolute shambles that Robbie , JJ are having to sort out. 

His chuckle when broadfoot asked robbie how hard it was sorting out the previous managers mess did annoy even a mild mannered guy like myself..

I quite like him as a pundit. At least he’s not afraid to speak his mind unlike most arse-cheek loving tw*ts that usually get wheeled out!

Selkirkhmfc1874

Has all the answers as a pundit, had all the answers sitting in the stand as dof but unfortunately in reality his time as a managers reads won bugger all

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Has all the answers as a pundit, had all the answers sitting in the stand as dof but unfortunately in reality his time as a managers reads won bugger all

Winning things doesn't make you a good pundit. Just look at Pat Bonner and Willie Miller.

A_A wehatethehibs

25 years experience as a manager had successes and failures, a shame how it ended at Hearts but he’s got a whole lot more knowledge and credibility than any of the usual mob of clueless twat pundits like Kris Boyd, Michael stewart etc and every single person on bbc radio. 

1 hour ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Talks a good game. 

Too bad he can't put it into practice.

He left behind an absolute shambles that Robbie , JJ are having to sort out. 

His chuckle when broadfoot asked robbie how hard it was sorting out the previous managers mess did annoy even a mild mannered guy like myself..

Sums him up nicely. 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

25 years experience as a manager had successes and failures, a shame how it ended at Hearts but he’s got a whole lot more knowledge and credibility than any of the usual mob of clueless twat pundits like Kris Boyd, Michael stewart etc and every single person on bbc radio. 

This. Good post. 

Guy was made out to be a Hearts man, yet during our tough times rather than showing that the club means more to him, than a wage packet took every last penny he was due, while our manager at the time who everyone seems to hate. 

Worked without pay. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

This thread will end up in shite slinging contest. 

So it should guy should hang his head in shame. 

Budge should apologise as well at the end of the day you me the supporters, are the lifeblood of the club, when they've all gone will we still be here pumping money in yeah. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Guy was made out to be a Hearts man, yet during our tough times rather than showing that the club means more to him, than a wage packet took every last penny he was due, while our manager at the time who everyone seems to hate. 

Worked without pay. 

We get it Bongo, Stendel good guy CL wank. Ffs man move on they both end up shite at managing hearts. 

5 minutes ago, Dazo said:

We get it Bongo, Stendel good guy CL wank. Ffs man move on they both end up shite at managing hearts. 

Sorry mate but some saying he's a good pundit, is pure pony sits there spouting pure and utter p***. 

I don't know how stupid one has to be Craig Levein got 2.5 years at Hearts, Stendel got 5 months so please for the last time don't compare them, it's not a fair comparison. 

I was pointing out that Craig is a massive Hearts man as you see above. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Selkirkhmfc1874
20 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Winning things doesn't make you a good pundit. Just look at Pat Bonner and Willie Miller.

Yeah but levein seems to think he has all the answers when commenting on football , Bonner has never managed and at least when miller did he won trophies 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Worked without pay. 

Levein took a 50% paycut very early in the pandemic. Whether or not you think he should have taken a 100% cut doesn't change the fact that what you posted there was wrong. Stendel, who was paid more than Levein got for doing two jobs, did a mostly terrible job results wise and was probably quite relieved to have an out before his reputation got damaged any more. He certainly didn't seem in a rush to come back.

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah but levein seems to think he has all the answers when commenting on football , Bonner has never managed and at least when miller did he won trophies 

He didn't. And in his last season as manager they finished 9th and only escaped relegation through  playoff. And when he was Aberdeen's DoF and on their board he was a disaster. They regularly finished way down the league when he was there in an off pitch capacity, worse than us when Levein was DoF.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

Levein took a 50% paycut very early in the pandemic. Whether or not you think he should have taken a 100% cut doesn't change the fact that what you posted there was wrong. Stendel, who was paid more than Levein got for doing two jobs, did a mostly terrible job results wise and was probably quite relieved to have an out before his reputation got damaged any more. He certainly didn't seem in a rush to come back.

You believe everything the papers tell you. 

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry mate but some saying he's a good pundit, is pure pony sits there spouting pure and utter p***. 

I don't know how stupid one has to be Craig Levein got 2.5 years at Hearts, Stendel got 5 months so please for the last time don't compare them, it's not a fair comparison. 

I was pointing out that Craig is a massive Hearts man as you see above. 

I couldn’t care less how he is as a pundit to be honest. I’m not comparing them, they were both shite though. That isn’t up for debate. 

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I couldn’t care less how he is as a pundit to be honest. I’m not comparing them, they were both shite though. That isn’t up for debate. 

Disagree didn't get half a season never mind 2.5 years to prove himself, coming into well let's not go there 😂

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He didn't. And in his last season as manager they finished 9th and only escaped relegation through  playoff. And when he was Aberdeen's DoF and on their board he was a disaster. They regularly finished way down the league when he was there in an off pitch capacity, worse than us when Levein was DoF.

Miller may have been a disaster but did he squander the unique opportunity to challenge at the top end of the league wasting fortunes in the process? Atleast Aberdeen saw sense and parted company at the right time. Levein clung on like a leach to the bitter end. Never a Hearts man in a million years. 

21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

So it should guy should hang his head in shame. 

Budge should apologise as well at the end of the day you me the supporters, are the lifeblood of the club, when they've all gone will we still be here pumping money in yeah. 

I wouldnt disagree but we've had a million Levein threads. Time to move on, the guys an irrelevance. 

He’s always been good form talking to the press etc , one of the best.

However whenever he’s on it just reminds me of the damage he did 

My hero as a player and one of the top defenders in Britain when he was at his height.  Great manager first time round but not up to it second time.

Good pundit though, I look forward to the day that he and Michael Stewart are pundits together 👊

24 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Disagree didn't get half a season never mind 2.5 years to prove himself, coming into well let's not go there 😂

Ok in the time he had he was shite. 😃

44 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Worked without pay. 

So maybe ‘in these tough times’ he thought he better take every last penny he was DUE? 

No issue with that. We as a club gave him a contract of employment for a set amount of time. Same with players.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Indeed .

Yes he is an excellent pundit . Of course it won't be left at that 

The poster only asked what folk think of him as a pundit. Bet he’s wishing he hadn’t bothered. 

Edited by GinRummy

If you take out Levein last spell with us I think he’s more than qualified to comment on football tactics. More so than most of the so called pundits that appear on BBC. 

manaliveits105

It’s good to have someone on the inside now who is a PHM and doesn’t take shit

Craig is a great guy who unfortunately didn’t come up to scratch last year but not helped by injuries 

Natural Order - if nothing else should ensure he is always welcome at Tynecastle - just not as manager

26 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Man-baby thread. 

Which you replied to.😂

Levein engaging in friendly bantz with Charles Young is quite frankly boak inducing.

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not to mention he'd be in the top five players most of us have seen in maroon.

Neil Dongcaster
26 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Don't think he'll go to Hibs.

If the money was right he would. He has that much of a brass neck.

RustyRightPeg

Gary Neville is a fantastic pundit. His crack at management didn't work out so well.

Bar a few memorable games, I despise him due to the mess he left us in.

Either leave a hero, or hang around long enough to see yourself become the villain.

4 hours ago, Jap Jambo said:

Not sure if it's too soon to raise his name again in polite company but is anyone else impressed with his punditry?

Find his analysis really insightful and feel this is a great outlet for his sardonic style.

Awful manager lost any respect for him the way he conducted himself 

4 hours ago, 1874robbo said:

Prick 

4 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Nah he’s a tit.  Now rimming the BBC.  

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Worked without pay. 

Fantastic player in his day and could’ve been one of our greatest. Sadly will be remembered for the damage he caused us second time around. It will take a very long time to forgive him for dragging us down to championship level 

I would be a shiitt manager but would like to think I could give some value to punditry.

Craig was an ok manager who took one job to many. 

I said at the time when he took Hearts managers job  he will fall on his sword as football has passed by his negativity.

That proved correct but I think he will be an OK pundit as his only bias will be against Hibs.  

Салатные палочки

I liked this Craig Levein

I reckon he could have made a good pundit but unfortunately, given the unforgivable mess he got us into, I couldn't now take his opinions on players and tactics seriously. 

SectionDJambo
2 hours ago, XB52 said:

Good pundit and sticks up for our club unlike other so called Hearts men. 

Failed as our manager, second time round. Should have gone much more sooner than he did. Left a shambles behind in playing and coaching personnel. 
No argument with any of that.

However, you are right that he has been sticking up for Hearts all through the shenanigans of the SPFL, SFA and most of the media darlings, all through the summer. Other, so called, Hearts men were found wanting on that score, or were just too plain stupid to realise they were being played by the protagonists who were revelling in the constant putting down of our club.

I suppose he had to, since he was mainly responsible for our position, but he didn’t shirk from defending Hearts anytime I heard him.