3 STRIKES FROM OUTSIDE THE BOX

wattie exploited

wattie exploited

When was the last time hearts scored 3 times from outside the box in one game ?

last night was a great night of a goal fest 

the free kick was probably the best free kick I have seen since Ian Ferguson against Bayern Munich and Paul Hartley's against hibs in the 4-0 semi final hammering 

what a difference scoring goals after the last two years   of disappointment :jambobanana:

wattie exploited
Just now, Rabgee said:

To be fair they were all against Jack Hamilton so I’m not sure if they count as actual goals!!

don't think any goal keeper would have saved Kingsley goals:rifle:

21 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

the free kick was probably the best free kick I have seen since Ian Ferguson against Bayern Munich and Paul Hartley's against hibs in the 4-0 semi final hammering 

what a difference scoring goals after the last two years   of disappointment :jambobanana:

Absolutely !!  👍    "Shot-shy" is how the papers used to describe Hearts sometimes ......... and when we did manage a shot, the accuracy was usually woeful, even from inside the box.    Can we assume that Robbie and his coaches have upped the shooting practice in training ?   Wonderful to see last night.  🙂

been here before
37 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

No, no, no.

Why does this Ferguson free kick thing persist?

As great a goal as it was, it was Tosh McKinlay who took the free kick knocking it short to Ferguson... and the rest is history.

4 minutes ago, been here before said:

No, no, no.

As great a goal as it was, it was Tosh McKinlay who took the free kick knocking it short to Ferguson... and the rest is history.

Angry pedant alert. 🤠

been here before
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Angry pedant alert. 🤠

Hows it pedantic to point out something that didnt happen?

These days Tosh would be credited with an 'assist'. Take it from there...

Edited by been here before

been here before
Just now, DH1986 said:

Glynn Snodin v Sparta Prague was a bullet of a free-kick. Can’t think of many better.

Aye that was a good one. Ferguson did have a good free kick v Bayern that the goalie saved shortly before he gave Hearts the lead.

12 minutes ago, been here before said:

Hows it pedantic to point out something that didnt happen?

These days Tosh would be credited with an 'assist'. Take it from there...

I think your pissin into the wind here bud. It will always be known as THE Ferguson goal against Bayern. 

Pasquale for King

It’s a good question, in the euphoria of last night I was asked and then mentioned it on here about the last time both full backs scored? whoosh 🙈 🖐🖕🏾😂

Edited by Pasquale for King

been here before
7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think your pissin into the wind here bud. It will always be known as THE Ferguson goal against Bayern. 

Aye its crazy.

One of the best results we've ever had, certainly the biggest European result, a goal voted our best European goal ever and one of the best nights at Tynecastle any of us that were there to witness it will ever remember and folk keep getting that simple fact wrong. God knows why. I find it very odd.

There was an interview with Ferguson around the 30th anniversary last year where he mentions every time he hears about the goal it get more and more exagerated how far out he was. He also mentions Tosh rolling the ball to him before he hit it.

Came across as an angry pedant. 

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Glynn Snodin v Sparta Prague was a bullet of a free-kick. Can’t think of many better.

This. Though it was the sense of occasion that really made that one. Everyone knew it had to go in or we were out. Everyone went deadly quiet... and then the roof came off.

Remains the best game I’ve ever seen live, after the 1998 Cup Final.

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, been here before said:

No, no, no.

no no no you sound like Alan partridge  AHA !!!!!!!!  

2 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

Taking shots from outside the box makes a difference, last season we would would have preferred to pass side to side and no one would have taken responsibility for a shot at goal

been here before
6 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

no no no you sound like Alan partridge  AHA !!!!!!!!  

No, no, no you're getting Bond wrong. :lol:

Classic stuff.

wattie exploited
Just now, been here before said:

No, no, no you're getting Bond wrong. :lol:

Classic stuff.

hahah good answer :rifle:

been here before
9 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Taking shots from outside the box makes a difference, last season we would would have preferred to pass side to side and no one would have taken responsibility for a shot at goal

Bozanic at Easter Road was probably the exception last season.

18 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

This. Though it was the sense of occasion that really made that one. Everyone knew it had to go in or we were out. Everyone went deadly quiet... and then the roof came off.

One helluva game. 

wattie exploited
15 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

hearts have been pretty shot shy from taking shots out side the box for quite a few years hope fully this will be the new improved   shooting style from hearts :rifle:

1 hour ago, DH1986 said:

Various Drew Busby bombs. Unfortunately few on film.

Weakened Offender
3 hours ago, been here before said:

There was an interview with Ferguson around the 30th anniversary last year where he mentions every time he hears about the goal it get more and more exagerated how far out he was. He also mentions Tosh rolling the ball to him before he hit it.

Let's be honest, it means more to us than him. He scored twice for his boyhood heroes in a 3-1 win against Inter, a winner against Barca and a goal in the Uefa Cup semi final. Its likely not in his top 3 European goals. 

wattie exploited
7 hours ago, brux said:

What was impressive was the shots to shots on target ratio 

yeah its been a long time that we have a good shots to shots ratio on target 

hope this is the start of many :rifle:

Byyy The Light

Lafferty free kick at Murrayfield was something else. One of the best I’ve seen in person.

The fact he refused to celebrate it sums the twat up. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s a good question, in the euphoria of last night I was asked and then mentioned it on here about the last time both full backs scored? whoosh 🙈 🖐🖕🏾😂

It's happened at least once since then.

Rossi and Paterson Vs Motherwell in 2016.

8 hours ago, been here before said:

Aye its crazy.

One of the best results we've ever had, certainly the biggest European result, a goal voted our best European goal ever and one of the best nights at Tynecastle any of us that were there to witness it will ever remember and folk keep getting that simple fact wrong. God knows why. I find it very odd.

Came across as an angry pedant. 

Tosh didn't pass the ball for Ferguson to shoot. He just repositioned the ball for Ferguson to take the free kick from a slightly different spot. ;)

7 hours ago, wheatfield to sheffield said:

What was the answer to the question? Was it Skacel against St Mirren?

Definitely not.

Not sure the correct answer, but we scored 4 from outside the box in the 10-0 game with Cowdenbeith (Zeefuik 2nd, Nicholson, Ozturk, Sow 2nd).

10 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Was it not Slavia Prague ?

I just did a Google on Kingsley and was very impressed.  He has suffered long term injuries and mental health issues and recovered.  That shows character.

That 5th goal was simply outstanding and I am very keen to see how he progresses.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

It's happened at least once since then.

Rossi and Paterson Vs Motherwell in 2016.

Good stuff, rare though. 

14 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Incredible match, remains one of my absolute favourite tynecastle european nights.

6 hours ago, redjambo said:

Tosh didn't pass the ball for Ferguson to shoot. He just repositioned the ball for Ferguson to take the free kick from a slightly different spot. ;)

He did. 

He repositioned the ball initially then rolled it to Fergie.

The rest is history.

15 hours ago, wattie exploited said:

hearts have been pretty shot shy from taking shots out side the box for quite a few years hope fully this will be the new improved   shooting style from hearts :rifle:

This was a problem which showed in our lack of goals and points,  should be more shots from outside

the box when you have the goal on sight near the 18 yard line.

2 hours ago, King prawn said:

Did we score 3 from outside the box against Cowdenbeath ?

Four.

Zeefuik, Nicholson, Ozturk, and Sow.

wattie exploited
21 hours ago, HMFC 86 said:

its been years hearts failing for years now about taking shots outside the box the players used to always seem  to have a lack of confidence about taking on a shot and would rather pass it instead :rifle:

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, King prawn said:

Did we score 3 from outside the box against Cowdenbeath ?

Goals from outside the box was a feature of our Championship season last time around so it's good to see there might be a repeat. The quality of goalies and defenders in this league still seems to be some way below the Premiership. Players like Walker (all our forwards really) will have a field day and others will try their luck a lot more than they might against better opposition.

The poor quality of defences and goalies at this level is another reason why someone like Shankland's ability should still be up for debate until he proves otherwise in the Premiership, not just against Hamilton and St or whoever but against Aberdeen, Rangers, etc.

Jack Torrance
On 17/10/2020 at 15:16, wattie exploited said:

Remember Hartley's free kick against Celtic at Tynie?

"Can I take a quick one ref?"

Bazzas right boot
On 17/10/2020 at 15:56, been here before said:

No, no, no.

Great assist by him, yet Ferguson gets all the credit! 

wattie exploited
8 hours ago, Bunny Munro said:

Four.

Zeefuik, Nicholson, Ozturk, and Sow.

was that the 10 -0 game ? :rifle:

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I was going to say - the last time Rudi was playing with us... Not seen a left root like Kinglsey’s since Rudi

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
On 17/10/2020 at 17:26, Doc Rob said:

Three of the best games live I have seen involved us ultimately losing - one way or another - or not winning

Stuttgart

Celtic NYD game 

4-4 game

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug