How many points will we piss this league by?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Dagger Is Back
21 hours ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I don't actually care. I want it wrapped up as soon as possible so that there are no doubts over restoration (I refuse to call it promotion).

Nailed it

15 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

22 wins from 27

3 draws

2 defeats

69 points/81 pounts

80 goals for / 25 against

How many of the remaining 26 games will you watch?  

1 minute ago, Pilmuir said:

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. There are stuffy opponents to overcome in this league - patience will be needed. One game at a time.

This in spades. Anyone who thinks we will go through the whole season unbeaten and scoring 100 goals in the process is deluded. There will be some very tough games ahead

19 hours ago, john brownlee said:

And don't forget to take he weggie refs into consideration, they will do everything in their power to stop us braking any kind of record.

Wouldn’t we just be breaking our own record?

I wonder if we’ll dish out another double-digit thrashing to someone this time....

15 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

22 wins from 27

3 draws

2 defeats

69 points/81 pounts

80 goals for / 25 against

not sure we will conceded as many as 25 but I think your other stats wont be far off

9 hours ago, John Findlay said:

One swallow a summer does not make.

Let us see after 27 games, if all 27 get played.

Arbroath away on a Friday night in late October is no picnic, especially if the wind is blowing off the North Sea and its pissing with rain.

Were smashing those kipper smoking huddles, no problem. 

We will win by 20+ points! never in doubt! Without trying to sound too arrogant, i genuinely can't see who will challenge us? Our hardest challenge is keeping ourselves motivated when we are clear at the top of the league.

I actually think we'll be unbeaten at home.

Probably a couple of losses away.

We'll win it by 12-15 points.

20 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

The most we can get is 81.

I reckon another team will get about 50-55 if they can break from the others. 

If not the second placed team might hit max 45 ish points 

We can get 65+ easily imo, should be enough 

If another team can win most of thier games it might be tighter than folk think. 

For example, if Dundee, Ayr, dunfermline ict canabilse each other then we'll be well clear but if 1 breaks away it could be interesting. 

I don't know if 1 other team can break clear of that pack, I don't know enough of the other squads to make a call on that tbh. 

14 home wins 13 away draws is 55 pts.

I doubt much more will be needed to win it.

Edited by DETTY29

Calebs Grandad
20 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

If another team can win most of thier games it might be tighter than folk think. 

For example, if Dundee, Ayr, dunfermline ict canabilse each other then we'll be well clear but if 1 breaks away it could be interesting. 

I don't know if 1 other team can break clear of that pack, I don't know enough of the other squads to make a call on that tbh. 

Along the lines I’m thinking too.  65+ points 80+ goals and win it by 12+ points. I also think scoring 7 or more is something we will do on 3 or more occasions at home

Dundee result was great.

Most of the other teams will sit in and park the bus.

Early goals are essential in these matches to force them to come out.

Just wrap it up as soon as possible JTs.

I don’t care, as long as we get restored to where we should be.

I’m also wary of overconfidence (though TBF less so since yesterday!)

I dont think we should go down the road of being so cocky. It could come back to bite.We lost a lot of respect from other teams supporters in the early Romanov days because we got to big for our boots.It would be great to rub the noses of those that deliberately harmed us but let's wait till we've done it and the do the rubbing their noses in it

40 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

We certainly made it look easy the last time we were in this league. 

We also made winning the biggest derby of all time look fairly easy in 2012. 

Two good points for discussion in Sandy Bells, Barney.  👍🍻🍻

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, otterjohn said:

I dont think we should go down the road of being so cocky. It could come back to bite.We lost a lot of respect from other teams supporters in the early Romanov days because we got to big for our boots.It would be great to rub the noses of those that deliberately harmed us but let's wait till we've done it and the do the rubbing their noses in it

whilst I agree with your general point. I don’t give a flying fcuk what fans of other teams think. 

no one likes us? ****ing great 👍🏻 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

whilst I agree with your general point. I don’t give a flying fcuk what fans of other teams think. 

no one likes us? ****ing great 👍🏻 

this

Would rather we treated every game like a cup final and refuse to look ahead of the next game, Including the semi.

I am Sure that this will be the Sensible approach RN and the players take.

We shouldn't be kicking about playing part time shite ever.  After admin was the exception.

Nothing to brag about ever.  Thanks Levein 

Lets just wait until we've played a team that know to sit in and have a competant manager.

Dundee stupidly tried to take the game to us and have a ****ing pleb copyplaying as George Michael as manager.

On 17/10/2020 at 00:44, Smith's right boot said:

First off, I agree, we won't get 81 points...65 or thereabouts may be a reasonable guesstimate. Even last time around, Robbie stated categorically that we would not go a full season unbeaten. With a full, uninjured, non-suspended team...possibly. But even that's completely unrealistic. So I would agree...65pts in a 27 game season is not too unrealistic. bear in mind that Robbie will rotate the squad against lower league opposition to give fringe players some game time...just like the cup last week....and that's where we could come unstuck at some point.

The closest may be Dundee, Dunfermline, ICT, or even Ayr and they'll beat most teams in the lower half of the league, but also take points off each other, so 50-55pts for 2nd would be my guess. 

In summary, all being well, we could win by 20 pts, but more likely 10....just  a guesstimate.

It's only been one game, so we've hardly got much form to go on...and that's immediately on the back of some dreadful cup games  which had the bed wetters looking for their rubber sheets before the league season had started.

Think we’ll have a better idea of how teams are going to play against us after Friday. I fully expect most of these outfits to sit deep and try to limit the damage we can cause.  Still think we will win this league at a canter. A bit of patience will be needed though as some of these teams will be difficult to break down.  

ToadKiller Dog

As others have said if we can break down park the bus tactics we will be fine ,I don't think we will lose daft goals every game like we did last season while trying to do so.

The other teams expected to be at the top end will all take points off each other like ICT are just as likely to win 3-1 against the pars when they next play in Inverness .

That will make it easier for us .

It really about how we perform rather than what any other side can do .

8 minutes ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

As others have said if we can break down park the bus tactics we will be fine ,I don't think we will lose daft goals every game like we did last season while trying to do so.

The other teams expected to be at the top end will all take points off each other like ICT are just as likely to win 3-1 against the pars when they next play in Inverness .

That will make it easier for us .

It really about how we perform rather than what any other side can do .

I’d also like to see how we cope with the ‘tougher’ away games like Dundee, ICT and Dunfermline. If we can start winning at places like that there’s hope when we go back up that we can win at places like Perth and Paisley.

On 16/10/2020 at 23:26, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I don't actually care. I want it wrapped up as soon as possible so that there are no doubts over restoration (I refuse to call it promotion).

That's where I'm at.

SectionFJambo

Reckon circa 65 points - that's 16 dropped.

Say 3 defeats 4 draws.

Not sure the league is going to be quite as easy as we think. Dunfermline, Dundee, ICT are all teams I think can take points off us at some stage and that's before factoring in a shock defeat/draw elsewhere. Also highly likely once the league is won the foot comes off the gas.

A good start on the goals front and I expect us to score 65 plus however think we will concede more than we should so expecting a 30 plus goal diff.

We got 91 points last time - granted it included Rangers and Hibs.  Pop off the 27 point difference for the lesser games and that gets us to 64. As much as I'd love us to be over mid 70's cannot see it at all.

We will have to work hard and keep standards up to win here. If we do we will do well but let’s not think every game will be easy, relax our standard and points will be dropped, especially away at Dundee, ICT and Pars. Very confident but not over confident.