Hearts v hibs

NB GIN

I think they have been incredibly lucky. Played 5 games in October with 4 wins and 1 draw. The draw was a 0-0 at Ross County while all of the wins but one were nicked by a single goal.

The only match they won by more than a singe goal was a 3-1 against the mighty Brora Rangers. Plus one of those nicked by a goal was a 2-1 against Cove Rangers.

Come to think about it they're jammy against anything that has Rangers in it. They're due a fall. Overdue in fact.

Tough game away to Killie on Saturday, a few positive COVID tests midweek after the trip to Ayrshire and a pumping at Hampden = meltdown in Leith. Wouldn't have it any other way

They are getting pumped. Crap against Ross County. Their multi-zillion pounds worth of Boyle, see Roadrunner mk II, was rubbish, as usual. Yet the commentators seemed to have been watching a different game given the love in comments.

This bump as they hit the earth is going to hurt.

The last few months have been so 5h1t that I'd almost forgotten this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51693249

or this if it doesn't work.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=hearts+1+rangers+0+youtube&view=detail&mid=AB6DDF914981A4D504F3AB6DDF914981A4D504F3&FORM=VIRE

Edited by upgotheheads

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

We played really well that game, rangers hardly got a sniff. 

The handball non pk then not booking Damour tho... 

Scottish refereeing  at its finest there 😂😂😂

Guest ToqueJambo

Jack Ross: “There have been times in recent years both clubs have found themselves outside the top division for different reasons and I don’t think either club would offer too much sympathy for the other because of the circumstances."

Was one of those reasons Hibs were in the lower league a global pandemic and a 30-game season decided by a vote?

This needs to be pinned up dressing room.

Sporting integrity went out the window, with football people like Ross seemingly OK with not playing full seasons and deciding positions by votes. Every single footballer and manager should have been against things being decided by a vote and they should have made that clear.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Bazzas right boot

The only thing that I'm concerned with is if we get caught cold in the first 15/20 minutes. 

Scottish football isn't overly burdened with technical players at any level but there is a jump in pace, fitness and physicality from our division to the top 6. 

We'll have played Dundee, ict, Arbroath, Cowden etc and hibs will be a jump up to what we've been used recently. 

Hibs have played Aberdeen, Celtic,  rangers etc as well as more games. 

If we can be ready for that we'll win, maybe even comfortably. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

The only thing that I'm concerned with is if we get caught cold in the first 15/20 minutes. 

Scottish football isn't overly burdened with technical players at any level but there is a jump in pace, fitness and physicality from our division to the top 6. 

We'll have played Dundee, ict, Arbroath, Cowden etc and hibs will be a jump up to what we've been used recently. 

Hibs have played Aberdeen, Celtic,  rangers etc as well as more games. 

If we can be ready for that we'll win, maybe even comfortably. 

The only thing I’m concerned about is how many we score against these *****.

57 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

The only thing I’m concerned about is how many we score against these *****.

Nobody thought Spurs were going to score 6 at Old Trafford or Villa were going to plant 7 behind liverpool the same day.

Just saying.  Would be far less of a surprise if we thrashed them.

alwaysthereinspirit
2 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Nobody thought Spurs were going to score 6 at Old Trafford or Villa were going to plant 7 behind liverpool the same day.

Just saying.  Would be far less of a surprise if we thrashed them.

From your lips to Robbies team talk.

The Old Tolbooth

I've no idea why it's taken me so long to realise, but it's just dawned on me that I'm at my nieces wedding that day ffs, what channel is the game being shown on? 

I may have to fake a two week quarantining and tell her I've been in contact with someone who has Covid :lol: 

August Landmesser
33 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I've no idea why it's taken me so long to realise, but it's just dawned on me that I'm at my nieces wedding that day ffs, what channel is the game being shown on? 

I may have to fake a two week quarantining and tell her I've been in contact with someone who has Covid :lol: 

BBC, kick off at 5pm, so might be on during the speeches - sneaky phone under the table job?

The Old Tolbooth
2 hours ago, August Landmesser said:

BBC, kick off at 5pm, so might be on during the speeches - sneaky phone under the table job?

Thanks for that mate, much appreciated, and it'll deffo be a sneaky phone under the table haha! 

August Landmesser
51 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Thanks for that mate, much appreciated, and it'll deffo be a sneaky phone under the table haha! 

:curtain: :thumbsup:

Hibs will be favourites for this game. A game that shouldn't even be getting played. Hibs' strength is their attacking play. Boyle will run all day for them. Nisbet will be desperate to score and they like a dig from midfield. We need to get the defensive midfield area sorted out now. Adam just strolled through our midfield for Dundee's first goal. One thing that's always been different between the two teams is that Hibs defence over the decades have always been suspect. Attack them and they crumble. Hearts on the other hand would always take what they could throw at us and steal a win against them if we'd had a poor game. Our defence has generally always been the strongest part of out teams. As for this game...I still say we should've brought a solid and experienced defender in. If we are to lose this one then chances are it's because our central defensive areas (including defensive midfield) aren't strong enough, something that I suspect in any case. Attack them and keep attacking them and they will melt. Jack Dross..oops Draws...I mean..Ross is the king of 0-0/1-1 etc. i'm sure he'd take that and try to hang on for a penalty shoot-out. We can't let it get to that. If both Haring and Halliday play then we will increase our chance of winning. Haring, cool and composed on the ball, Halliday snapping at folks heels could be a perfect compliment to each other. Irving is very in-experienced in comparison to H & H. Lee is far more productive a bit further up the park. Play these two together in defensive midfield and Hibs will fancy their chances a little bit more. Think we need an early goal to unsettle them and cast some doubt in their minds. Keep the ball out wide away from Boyle and he can't do much damage. He's their main attacking threat. I'd also be tempted to tell the players (if there's no easy pass to a team-mate on) to crack a shot or two at Marciano. He's no the greatest when he's under pressure.

Pasquale for King
38 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Hibs will be favourites for this game. A game that shouldn't even be getting played. Hibs' strength is their attacking play. Boyle will run all day for them. Nisbet will be desperate to score and they like a dig from midfield. We need to get the defensive midfield area sorted out now. Adam just strolled through our midfield for Dundee's first goal. One thing that's always been different between the two teams is that Hibs defence over the decades have always been suspect. Attack them and they crumble. Hearts on the other hand would always take what they could throw at us and steal a win against them if we'd had a poor game. Our defence has generally always been the strongest part of out teams. As for this game...I still say we should've brought a solid and experienced defender in. If we are to lose this one then chances are it's because our central defensive areas (including defensive midfield) aren't strong enough, something that I suspect in any case. Attack them and keep attacking them and they will melt. Jack Dross..oops Draws...I mean..Ross is the king of 0-0/1-1 etc. i'm sure he'd take that and try to hang on for a penalty shoot-out. We can't let it get to that. If both Haring and Halliday play then we will increase our chance of winning. Haring, cool and composed on the ball, Halliday snapping at folks heels could be a perfect compliment to each other. Irving is very in-experienced in comparison to H & H. Lee is far more productive a bit further up the park. Play these two together in defensive midfield and Hibs will fancy their chances a little bit more. Think we need an early goal to unsettle them and cast some doubt in their minds. Keep the ball out wide away from Boyle and he can't do much damage. He's their main attacking threat. I'd also be tempted to tell the players (if there's no easy pass to a team-mate on) to crack a shot or two at Marciano. He's no the greatest when he's under pressure.

Spot on, Haring and Halliday are perfect for this game but their fitness might not be up to 90 minutes on that big pitch. Boyle must be pushed back by our LB and winger. They like to start in a 5-3-2 so 4-3-3 should get the better of that. Marciano is crap under pressure and shots, crosses and pressing back passes must be the plan. Can’t wait. 

I imagine Gogic will be focused on kicking Walker into the stands and Porteous will try the same with Boyce. I think we need to get Ginelly running at Hanlon if they go with a back three and try to make sure our centre mids push up the park as much as possible 

According to a certain percentage on hibs net they believe they are stronger in every position 

We will soon find out 🤣🤣 

On 21/10/2020 at 17:56, ToqueJambo said:

Jack Ross: “There have been times in recent years both clubs have found themselves outside the top division for different reasons and I don’t think either club would offer too much sympathy for the other because of the circumstances."

Was one of those reasons Hibs were in the lower league a global pandemic and a 30-game season decided by a vote?

This needs to be pinned up dressing room.

Sporting integrity went out the window, with football people like Ross seemingly OK with not playing full seasons and deciding positions by votes. Every single footballer and manager should have been against things being decided by a vote and they should have made that clear.

Add to the pinned poster please, next to the tv ad/interview place..........Hearts were banned from training\playing while the opponents got Carte Blanche

this is going to be so sweet 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.    🤞🏻

I can feel another 5-1 coming on.  I know that many of my chums on ,net are very nervous.  They're not silly these people.  They remember only too well that the last time we played them, and we were in considerable disarray, all they could manage was a late consolation goal.  And that was at the Giro.

This time we've got Gordon, Haring and so many others that it's all looking a bit grim for the warrior poets.  We can't afford to be complacent though.  Their lethal strike force knocked in 0 at Dingwall.  Robbie will be alert to that.

We also have to show respect to their senior players.  Stevenson and Gray may be pensioners but there's many a good tune played on a very old fiddle.

So, all things considered, and following a neutral and disappasionate appraisal, I think we're going to crush these treacherous pricks.