Mafia game - A Night (or more) at the Theatre

Boof

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

I'm definitely not a goon. IanTJambo voted for me in the first round and turned out to be a goon...

Tbf I think it's your first game? But goons voting for other goons when there's no real danger is a classic day 1 tactic, if anything makes me more suspicious

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shapes

• Tenaciousdandy

• yvonnejambo

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Classic goon tactic 

1 minute ago, Simo said:

Tbf I think it's your first game? But goons voting for other goons when there's no real danger is a classic day 1 tactic, if anything makes me more suspicious

:lol: I've got a lot to learn.

Still, 100 percent not a goon.

Here's the thing. Shapes heavily hinted her role 'yesterday', along with the roles of one or two other. Noone has yet came out and claimed she was bluffing.

Vote riddley

11 hours ago, yvonnejambo said:

Day 2 goon list 

Rudi -writer dead

Alim - cast member dead 

Morgaro

Simo

On 17/10/2020 at 13:30, yvonnejambo said:

Day 1 

my goon list

Bunny

Rudi - writer Dead 

Morgaro

Dandyman

Sean - assassin Dead 

I actually am clueless, I think I trust 2 people but everyone else is potential goons 😩

Morgaro Gomis
42 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Going with my hunch Vote Mogaro Gomis.

Still think he's being guided on who to vote from his fellow goons.

Thought it was suspicious at the time you voted me before the Alim lynch but it was night so I couldn’t question it.

I’ll do so now though. Why the random vote for me when I was simply following the flow of the thread where there were two clear groups going for each other and I backed who I thought was right in Shapes and Vlad. Turns out I was led down a lane. 

I have my suspicious on who may be trustworthy, based on the last set of votes and the hours leading up to the lynch. 

Certain folk are also decidedly quiet and have been all game...

4 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Thought it was suspicious at the time you voted me before the Alim lynch but it was night so I couldn’t question it.

I’ll do so now though. Why the random vote for me when I was simply following the flow of the thread where there were two clear groups going for each other and I backed who I thought was right in Shapes and Vlad. Turns out I was led down a lane. 

I have my suspicious on who may be trustworthy, based on the last set of votes and the hours leading up to the lynch. 

Certain folk are also decidedly quiet and have been all game...

Tbf I didn't lead you down a lane, I just got it hilariously wrong and have probably single handedly won it for the goons :rofl:

Morgaro Gomis
3 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Tbf I didn't lead you down a lane, I just got it hilariously wrong and have probably single handedly won it for the goons :rofl:

Yeah, led down the lane is possibly a stronger term than required. Simply meant that I backed the calls that were made, thinking that they made sense, that turned out to be wrong!

Morgaro Gomis

Just want to add that I don’t think that Marvin is a goon, so I won’t be placing a retaliating vote. 

I just think he’s reading the game wrong.

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Morgaro Gomis said:

Just want to add that I don’t think that Marvin is a goon, so I won’t be placing a retaliating vote. 

I just think he’s reading the game wrong.

Just out of curiosity do you have a goon list?

Morgaro Gomis
16 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Just out of curiosity do you have a goon list?

Nothing absolutely certain, but I’d have a guess at the following purely for people trying to go under the radar:

Riddley - very quiet, pops up to vote as if he’s been told to.

Yvonne - also been very quiet but she’s posted a couple of goon lists, where a fair few have died and have not been goons. Seems a decent way to throw people off the scent and shift suspicion.

Milky - again, just seems to be plodding along under the radar.

Sheldon - looking at his voting patterns, seems to be a couple of odd switches in there and late changes etc. Also been quite quiet other than at voting times/deadlines.

I’d also be interested to hear from Vlad, purely to hear why he was so certain that Alim and Rudi were goons and both of them end up dead. Only reason he isn’t on my goon list is that I believe he may have already given an insight into who he may be.

44 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

Here's the thing. Shapes heavily hinted her role 'yesterday', along with the roles of one or two other. Noone has yet came out and claimed she was bluffing.

Vote riddley

didn't she say that alim was definitely a  goon?

Morgaro Gomis
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Think that may have been Vlad, to be fair. 

Just read back through the entire thread...

Not going to lie I thought Rudi was a goon fishing for info which is why I was reluctant to expand on my tenuous trust lists before... But as I say those lists now appear to be at best up in the air and potentially in tatters :lol:

I did/do still think Vlad is good but makes me question why he was SO sure Rudi and Alim were goons!?

Tenaciousdandy
5 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Nothing absolutely certain, but I’d have a guess at the following purely for people trying to go under the radar:

Riddley - very quiet, pops up to vote as if he’s been told to.

Yvonne - also been very quiet but she’s posted a couple of goon lists, where a fair few have died and have not been goons. Seems a decent way to throw people off the scent and shift suspicion.

Milky - again, just seems to be plodding along under the radar.

Sheldon - looking at his voting patterns, seems to be a couple of odd switches in there and late changes etc. Also been quite quiet other than at voting times/deadlines.

I’d also be interested to hear from Vlad, purely to hear why he was so certain that Alim and Rudi were goons and both of them end up dead. Only reason he isn’t on my goon list is that I believe he may have already given an insight into who he may be.

That's a good summary,  I think tjere is a couple of goons in tjere

6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Don't think anyone said alim was definitely a goon

Wasn't the night kill I expected from the goons either, not sure if that points to inexperience or experience though.

FWIW I'm suspicious of Yvonne, not that she's been outrageously dodgy but been veeery quiet. Especially for an experienced player.

But for leading the early lynch train on (townie) Alim and then immediately backtracking/trying to cover themselves when night was called, for now I'm going to

Vote Dandyman

1 minute ago, Simo said:

Wasn't the night kill I expected from the goons either, not sure if that points to inexperience or experience though.

FWIW I'm suspicious of Yvonne, not that she's been outrageously dodgy but been veeery quiet. Especially for an experienced player.

But for leading the early lynch train on (townie) Alim and then immediately backtracking/trying to cover themselves when night was called, for now I'm going to

Vote Dandyman

Interesting vote. Wouldn't be top of my list by any means

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
1 hour ago, Shapes said:

Btw what I'll also say is, the goons are clearly lurking. Their wish now will be for the town to turn on me, and they won't even have to cast a single vote on me and can just stay hidden. I think I can see the game they've played tonight too but I'll keep that to myself at the moment.

You're an influential player Shapes as you're vocal and keen on suggesting theories. That's not a bad thing in any way.

There was a plausible hunch that Alim was a goon. It turned out to be a bad judge of character but that shouldn't go against you. If some of my fellow cast members vote for you then they're reading the wrong script. Imo anyway.

I'll need to have a read tomorrow and see who I suspect the most.

I'm going to

unvote riddley for now.

And probably lose my shit again on my breaks tomorrow. I'm clearly a shite judge though so I'm gonna let others put forward theories etc too.

I’m not sure that I have been quiet as some are suggesting? I’m going to bed but will have a full read over everything tomorrow as we need to get it right now and lynch a goon next. It would be to easy for the goons if good folk have a couple of votes on someone else who is good and then the goons pile on. 
I will put my theory out in the morning 

4 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Interesting vote. Wouldn't be top of my list by any means

He wasn't particularly on my radar either tbh but just picked it up on yesterdays vote when I read back through there. Thought the confidence of his early vote on Alim with instant 'oh yeah I'll look silly if Alim is good lol' at night was interesting - Could just be a mistaken townie and my vote may change tomorrow but will leave it for now and see what happens.

Tenaciousdandy
17 minutes ago, Simo said:

He wasn't particularly on my radar either tbh but just picked it up on yesterdays vote when I read back through there. Thought the confidence of his early vote on Alim with instant 'oh yeah I'll look silly if Alim is good lol' at night was interesting - Could just be a mistaken townie and my vote may change tomorrow but will leave it for now and see what happens.

My vote for Alim was as I said to see if players would react, which they did altho I got it wrong with regards to him being a goon

After a quick run through

Unvote Morgaro

vote Yvonne.

she has been quiet, appeared on Alims goon list and also involved in voting the deceased off.

14 hours ago, Shapes said:

For what it's worth, I'm not sure marvin is bad. 

Provisional goon list 

Simo 

Alim

Rudi

Sheldon

But then a couple of these could easily be replaced with a couple other different players 🤣

The only one I really have a hunch about is alim

9 hours ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Think that may have been Vlad, to be fair. 

this is the post i was refering to. sorry i thought she said alim was definitely a goon

I'm just going to see how this unfolds today. I don't want to jump in and vote for anyone just now because I got it spectacularly wrong yesterday. 

But sheldon and milky are probably my no1 and no2 suspects.

But I'm very bad at being good in this game so maybe ignore my hunches and put more theories forward 🤣

If someone could look into everyone's votes from yesterday? 6 people voted for alim. I'm going to say probably only one of them was a goon 

1 hour ago, Marvin said:

After a quick run through

Unvote Morgaro

vote Yvonne.

she has been quiet, appeared on Alims goon list and also involved in voting the deceased off.

Oh man 🤷‍♀️ 
I highlighted my goon lists and have said numerous times I don’t have a clue it’s just guess work. 
it’s very weird that’s at least 3 of you that have said I’ve been quiet when clearly I haven’t. 
Is it a way for the goons to try and legitimise lynching me? As the goons will be aware lynching a townie and the killing another through the night makes it nearly impossible for the town to win. 

if anyone is any doubt I’m not a goon and posting as much or more than others. 

I also thought you were good, but I may have got that wrong too 🥺

Morgaro Gomis

Apologies if already confirmed but will there be a deadline tonight? 9pm?

I’ll be at work all day, so doubt I’ll be able to get involved until after 6pm today. Will try and keep an eye and contribute where possibly during breaks though.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I'm just checking in for the day as well. Busy day ahead for me so I'll not be around much until after dinner most likely.

If I get a chance to read through before then and make a decision then I'll do so.

So hands up I made a real mess of things yesterday.

I voted Marvin previous as I had nothing much to go on and was simply looking for a reaction. Ian T vote did take him out of the lead but I’m pretty sure that was just coincidence.

Enough people came to his defence to convince me he isn’t goonish. Including people who aren’t lurking! The more the game continues the more convinced I am that it is the lurkers who are not posting much that are the goons.

This theory has been suggested by others and proved with the demise of Alim. He voted me and I voted him. Silly mistake. Goons would have been laughing their cocks off behind the scenes.

I also had Rudi down as a goon but the Goons took their opportunity to get rid him him as well.

So a combination of poor judgement from myself and Shapes who I believe is good cost us 2 players.

I will definitely be focusing in on lurkers and hope the cop does similar.

1 hour ago, Shapes said:

If someone could look into everyone's votes from yesterday? 6 people voted for alim. I'm going to say probably only one of them was a goon 

I think it was this...

https://gyazo.com/7727a09126bac012d62c8d769e61b738

** Based off Boof's last vote count yesterday - Following this Marvin voted for Morgaro and Sheldon voted for Alim

EDIT: Not sure how to insert the pic to a post but hopefully links to the votes!

Edited by Simo
Edit - Not sure how to insert it as a picture - Sorry! :/

Oh also I agree with Vlad there's probably at least 1 or 2 goons laying low so for now at least

unvote dandyman

Got a 3 hour meeting coming up at 11 but be back in a few hours to see if anything new has developed

Morning all, quite busy myself today but will be able to log in see what's going on a few times as the day goes on.

Quite happy to leave my vote on riddley for now but might change if they day presents new information.

Riddley Walker

I'm still trying to work out the different tactics folk are using here, so my opinion is probably not that important.

But I'm not quite sure on the lurking goons theory. I think some prominent, vocal posters on this thread are using their experience to influence things. Gonna leave my vote open for now and see what happens.

10 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I'm still trying to work out the different tactics folk are using here, so my opinion is probably not that important.

But I'm not quite sure on the lurking goons theory. I think some prominent, vocal posters on this thread are using their experience to influence things. Gonna leave my vote open for now and see what happens.

Who are the prominent vocal posters you don't trust who you think are influencing things?

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Shapes said:

Who are the prominent vocal posters you don't trust who you think are influencing things?

Not sure I trust you tbh. You jumped on me to vote quite quickly last night, (although I know you've unvoted atm) which led to Bunny also voting for me straight away.

I think you were also subtly prominent in getting rid of Alim.

48 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Not sure I trust you tbh. You jumped on me to vote quite quickly last night, (although I know you've unvoted atm) which led to Bunny also voting for me straight away.

Lol

50 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Riddley, Shapes has heavily hinted she's a mason, noone else has came out and claimed that she's lying about that.

46 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Wooo

image.png.9b4517b1bcfb50abd18eca76e52bb443.png

I don't think it'll influence the game, but that vote count was marginally wrong. I had missed that Dandyman had NOT unvoted Simo.

That would have put Alim on 5 - the more or less simultaneous votes from Sheldon and Yvonne put Alim over the 7-vote threshold for lynching.

Tenaciousdandy
1 hour ago, Riddley Walker said:

I think its pretty clear shapes and vlad can be trusted, it was unfortunate that a townie was lynched but I think shapes is on the right track with who she doesn't trust and lurkers, hopefully there is a bit of activity today for the remaining players

Yeah when I said yesterday I had a tenuous trust list that was Vlad, Shapes and Marvin due to a comment Shapes had made. 

Given that nobody seems to be disputing this I'm pretty happy to 

Vote Riddley 

Seems to not trust Shapes and I think he's been guided by more experienced folk in his first game as he's been fairly under the radar until just now 

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Simo said:

Yeah when I said yesterday I had a tenuous trust list that was Vlad, Shapes and Marvin due to a comment Shapes had made. 

Given that nobody seems to be disputing this I'm pretty happy to 

Vote Riddley 

Seems to not trust Shapes and I think he's been guided by more experienced folk in his first game as he's been fairly under the radar until just now 

I'm still not 100% convinced Marvin isn't a goon and shouldn't be ruled out completely

18 hours ago, Shapes said:

I'm going to die on the hill that marvin and vlad are not goons

🤔 Dandyman?

Edited by Bunny Munro

1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

🤔 Dandyman?

Not sure. Definitely wouldn't be top of my goon list.

Marvin could also be playing a clever game. I've seen it before where a goon has been in a tie on day one then managed to turn it round.

I think for now I'm going to

vote sheldon

And see what happens 

Just now, Shapes said:

Not sure. Definitely wouldn't be top of my goon list.

Marvin could also be playing a clever game. I've seen it before where a goon has been in a tie on day one then managed to turn it round.

I think for now I'm going to

vote sheldon

And see what happens 

Sorry Shapes, I was suggesting Dandyman hadn't seen the post I quoted, or at least was ignoring its contents for some reason. Either way the quote was aimed at him and not you.