Steven pressley looks old... And odd

Smoked-Glass

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

We've been moaning all summer about TV pundits giving Hearts a raw deal.

So we get someone who is clearly on our side and is full of praise for our team.

So what do the JKB know alls do  ?

They rip the pish out of him and abuse him something rotten.

JKB is for arseholes right enough😕

Yep, agree.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• smiler

• Hearts1975

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

I get that but I take the opposite view. I thought a bit less of Danny Wilson and Kyle Lafferty for not celebrating when they scored against their former employers. 

You want winners in your team. Winners will initially go ****ing mental when they score/win. Plenty time to reflect after the event. 

If Elvis had been playing for Rangers and done what he did, some of his biggest critics on here would have put it down to 'banter'

I for one rather liked his cover coat, peak lapels are sartorially spot on and his shirt collar matched perfectly. Must say though I was glad he chose to leave the brown leather gloves at home they always had a look of the Ted Bundy about them. 

Edited by feedthefox

Life, Death, Taxes....and Kickback still arguing about Pressley thumping his chest for Celtic.

I was p1ssed off with him that day but does it overwrite him being a great captain for Hearts, lifting the Scottish Cup, and my personal favourite memory of him dragging us back for a point at Falkirk when 2 down playing with 10 men?

Of course it bloody doesn't.

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If Elvis had been playing for Rangers and done what he did, some of his biggest critics on here would have put it down to 'banter'

Absolute rubbish! 

1 minute ago, Costanza said:

Life, Death, Taxes....and Kickback still arguing about Pressley thumping his chest for Celtic.

I was p1ssed off with him that day but does it overwrite him being a great captain for Hearts, lifting the Scottish Cup, and my personal favourite memory of him dragging us back for a point at Falkirk when 2 down playing with 10 men?

Of course it bloody doesn't.

A later memory was Pressley playing for Falkirk in a cup tie and persuading the linesman to deny us a stonewall penalty....

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Bang on. I touched on the Rangers angle earlier tonight and I've been arguing this point for years.

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

A later memory was Pressley playing for Falkirk in a cup tie and persuading the linesman to deny us a stonewall penalty....

So, trying to get the best result for the team he was playing for?

Not sure how this negates my point.

1 minute ago, smiler said:

Bang on. I touched on the Rangers angle earlier tonight and I've been arguing this point for years.

Again absolute nonsense - name these bigots on here who would put it down to “banter” if he had been playing for Rangers.

Answer me this - why do these alleged bigots not give Hartley a hard time on here - like Pressley he was a “Hearts Legend” and played for Celtic at Tynecastle?

Said it before and will say it again all he had to do after the chest thumping was come out and say it was a heat of the moment reaction not directed at hearts but at the regime of the time. He never did and for that there will be some that will never forgive. Bottom line is he was a great player for us and one head strong moment ruined years of great service.  He lifted the cup as a hearts player and for that I will always hold him in high regard. But his actions after will always leave a bitter taste 

So, trying to get the best result for the team he was playing for?

Not sure how this negates my point.

You referred to a memory of a Falkirk game - mines was another one.

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You referred to a memory of a Falkirk game - mines was another one.

That's fine, but clearly one matters more than the other i.e. when he was wearing a maroon* jersey.

*ok it was white 

Edited by Costanza

That's fine, but clearly one matters more than the other i.e. when he was wearing a maroon* jersey.

*ok it was white 

My opinion of Pressley is based on when he played for Hearts and his antics when he played against us.

My opinion of Pressley is based on when he played for Hearts and his antics when he played against us.

As I say that's fine, we just put different importance on them.

As I say that's fine, we just put different importance on them.

Fair enough 👍

13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Fair enough 👍

Good stuff.

Anyway, more importantly we pumped Dundee tonight so all is good 👍

Good stuff.

Anyway, more importantly we pumped Dundee tonight so all is good 👍

Absolutely. Away to my bed dead chuffed 😊

1 hour ago, Der Kaiser said:

Elvis haters strike me as folk that still give their kids a hard time for drawing on the carpet 8 years ago.

And still remember a battle all the way back in 1690 as if it were yesterday.

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Let’s not bend the facts. It wasn’t just one chest thump - he was at the wind up from the first minute!

He did not get dogs abuse from the start - when he came out for the warm up he was warmly applauded by Hearts fans, however his stupid antics during the game resulted in Hearts fans giving him verbals!

Over the top goal celebrations, jumping up and down as if he’d won the World Cup at the final whistle, then his lone salute in front of Celtic fans thumping the chest!

Compare his behaviour to Hartley who was also one of the Riccarton 3 and signed by Celtic. He came back to Tynecastle and played hard and fair with no stupid antics in front of the fans who loved him - hence is welcomed back to Tynecastle by all fans.

Anyway who gives a FF about Pressley on a night where our team played great and hammered Dundee 6-2.

That’s also how I seen it at the time, looking back he probably ( I would hope so ) regrets his antics. He clearly has a soft spot for our club especially noticed it in a podcast he was on with Levein on BBC sportsound when he fought our corner at every opportunity. Nowadays I like to remember him as part of a great Hearts team. 👍

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Nowadays I like to remember him as part of a great Hearts team. 👍

Correct. Some can’t though, still so bitter twisted it’s blinded them.

Bazzas right boot

Some folk. 

Cannae slag the team, manager or players tonight so I'll start on someone else. 

Absolute chuffs. 

2 hours ago, o1djambo said:

Strange how we all see differently. Thought Stephen and Lee Ann were excellent tonight. 

Agreed. I thought he gave some interesting insights tonight, Pressley knows his football, he hasn’t been a good manager true but he was spot on about how Robbie reacted well to their formation change and was correct in giving Robbie praise for doing so. That spell Dundee had could have changed the game but we countered it perfectly.

I’m over the chest thumping incident, it was disappointing and infuriating for a long while but he is a club legend and cup winning captain and still deserves respect. Pressley has done nowhere near the amount of damage to Hearts as another club legend centre back but Pressley seems to get an unwarranted amount of abuse because the incident was at Celtic. I’ve forgiven him now, life is short, and in these times things like that aren’t important. Pressley is a Hearts man and still has a lot of respect for the club that is clear.

Still think he is a hearts legend to me. 

The chest thumping was a ' get it right up you Vlad ' 

We are all entitled to our views of ex players and I would always shake the man's hand and thank him for what he did for my team. 

I'm over the chest thump. I was 16 at the time and far more important things have happened in my life to make me care about that. Even in a football context there have been many who have dragged us through the dirt worse than a chest thumping ever will.

Still think he wasn't quite with it tonight. I understand he was looking at the monitor but he had to be reminded it was Kingsley's second goal when they were discussing it and took a while to recall it was Dorrans that Irving fouled. 

He avoided eye contact with his presenters a lot and seemed to be distant from it all. Was definitely something awkward about his demeanor.

4 hours ago, Morgan said:

You and me both, i8.

And me. :wavey: Hoping for more players who'll put their face where most wouldn't put their feet.

Morgs, I don't mind lack of ability in a player, but lack of commitment is just unacceptable. And I think that's where I8s passion and disappointment lately about Hearts is coming from. Show some fight and determination, then the fans will be in a more forgiving mood, if we lose. 

But since we pumped scumdee 6-2.

:jambobanana:

:fth:

I loved Pressley when he was with Hearts. No one can deny that he was our best club captain for decades. 
A lot of time has passed since the chest pumping incident at Tynecastle and I really want to forgive him but I don’t think I ever will be able to. Regardless of how Romanov treated him, no legend of the club would stand there in a Celtic shirt pumping his chest to those scumbags after they had just beat us at Tynecastle. Those actions will haunt Pressley for the rest of his life.

To be honest not really fussed about his legend/non legend status, jus felt me and Stevie were watching different games in the first half.  

7 hours ago, Costanza said:

Hughes saying heeby geebies at the end 😆. And for the that people say he can't string a sentence together... You're correct 😂

Like a previous poster mentioned I was full of hatred for him last night but that quickly changed after the first few minutes of him talking. He looked in pain and struggled to get his words out, forgetting his lines, player names etc. 

Compare the riccarton 3 interview and last nights punditry and the change is massive. 

As a young centreback myself at the time he was my absolute hero. 

Samuel Camazzola
8 hours ago, vladisacoward said:

Have to agree to disagree i'm afraid. He's burned any and all bridges in my book but each to their own. I remember being with my quite young son at the time who was autograph hunting outside the main entrance of tynie once he was playing for the bheasts and it was a testimonial game (can't remember who's, possibly Robbie's) and he turned up resplendent in his full Celtic tracksuit. Classless and clueless in equal measure in my book. Unsurprisingly, he got fairly short shrift by the assembled crowd, he barked at one young fan who was giving him it tight in particular and by that point the doorman at the main entrance had to come and rescue him. Was sad to see just like watching him running 90 yards to rub our noses in it whilst fist pumping that despicable badge in front of that vile support. I'm sad to say it but he isn't for me at all. You are welcome to remember him however you see fit obviously but on a night we started the season with a cracking 6-2 win lets agree to disagree as i say and agree to look forward from the top of the table...

:rofl:I was there and that didn't happen! Some of the tales about him grow arms and legs. 

During the testimonial match, he got a cracking reception too. 

Legend. Simple as that. I find it funny how some are offended as he had the 'audacity' to kick off towards the Roseburn end in the first half, celebrate a goal for the team he was playing for, be competitive for his team and wanted to win (against a former team). 

Some were even offended because he contested decisions as the Falkirk manager. Very sad. 

A minority think he has to apologise. 😂

He's spoken about how highly he regards his time at the club and the majority appreciate how much he gave. 

Hopefully we can get someone half as good as him one day. 

All the poor little snowflakes on this thread bleating on about Pressley and a so-called apology - grow a pair of balls and then grow up. He did ok last night as a pundit and is a 100% Hearts Legend.

7 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Some folk. 

Cannae slag the team, manager or players tonight so I'll start on someone else. 

Absolute chuffs. 

Only an “absolute chuff” would belief that! 😂

8 hours ago, redjambo said:

And still remember a battle all the way back in 1690 as if it were yesterday.

How about Paul Hartley? Did these ‘bigots’ forget 1690 when he returned to Tynecastle in a Celtic strip? 🤔

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Only an “absolute chuff” would belief that! 😂

It's tragic that some aren't happy unless moaning about something, slagging anything Hearts or arguing with other posters about said things. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's tragic that some aren't happy unless moaning about something, slagging anything Hearts or arguing with other posters about said things. 

You’re the one jumping in for an argument Tosh. Check my posts on other threads - I’m delighted with the result, Robbie and the players so don’t make up shit.

10 hours ago, smiler said:

The personal abuse of Pressley is very disappointing. The guys a cup winning captain and club legend. There's actually some plum on here who doesn't even  have him in as one of his top 10 captains ever.

Astounding. Hopefully this thread gets removed.

Ignore them mate, great servant to the club and a ledge simple as that

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You’re the one jumping in for an argument Tosh. Check my posts on other threads - I’m delighted with the result, Robbie and the players so don’t make up shit.

What makes you think I was talking about you? 

Why can we not enjoy a very good win instead of going 

on about an incident Steven Presley admitted was wrong.

As the captain of a cup winning side he should always be

remembered and any personal abuse is very hurtful 

5 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Why can we not enjoy a very good win instead of going 

on about an incident Steven Presley admitted was wrong.

As the captain of a cup winning side he should always be

remembered and any personal abuse is very hurtful 

I did really enjoy a good win - but sorry when did Pressley admit he was wrong? 🤔

Edited by Thomaso

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

What makes you think I was talking about you? 

Silly wee games is it Tosh?

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Silly wee games is it Tosh?

No idea what you are talking about. 

As per, looking for a fight in an empty room. 

If you're on this thread in about pressley after the win last night then you need to give yourself a shake imo. 

Some folk are only happy when slagging things Hearts. It's tiring and ruins what is a good platform to discuss  Hearts. The Robbie thread also shows that up. 

No idea where you are on that, don't care either. You do seem to take many of my general posts personally, that's for you to dissect why, nothing to do with me. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

No idea what you are talking about. 

As per, looking for a fight in an empty room. 

If you're on this thread in about pressley after the win last night then you need to give yourself a shake imo. 

Some folk are only happy when slagging things Hearts. It's tiring and ruins what is a good platform to discuss things Hearts. The Robbie thread also shows that up. 

No idea where you are on that, don't care either. You do seem to take many of my general posts personally, that's for you to dissect why, nothing to do with me. 

So the “some folk” doesn’t include me Tosh - great news we’re pals at last! 🤗

2 hours ago, Lambo85 said:

I loved Pressley when he was with Hearts. No one can deny that he was our best club captain for decades. 
A lot of time has passed since the chest pumping incident at Tynecastle and I really want to forgive him but I don’t think I ever will be able to. Regardless of how Romanov treated him, no legend of the club would stand there in a Celtic shirt pumping his chest to those scumbags after they had just beat us at Tynecastle. Those actions will haunt Pressley for the rest of his life.

This guy gets it.

Bazzas right boot

So the “some folk” doesn’t include me Tosh - great news we’re pals at last! 🤗

No idea, if you posted slagging pressley, it does. 

If not, it doesn't. 

Football fwiends?