Steven pressley looks old... And odd

Smoked-Glass

2 minutes ago, smiler said:

What if he did the chest pump whilst playing for Rangers? 

Of course i would have that framed on my wall next to my sash naturally 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• smiler

• Hearts1975

• redjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, smiler said:

The personal abuse of Pressley is very disappointing. The guys a cup winning captain and club legend. There's actually some plum on here who doesn't even  have him in as one of his top 10 captains ever.

Astounding. Hopefully this thread gets removed.

Best Post on the thread. I will take every single moment of him in my memory as our Captain fantastic and heartbeat of our team who would have walked through walls for the benefit of the club. He was Hearts through and through.

One feckin chest thump, Jesus - I was at that same game and was absolutely sickened by the level of abuse that he got from some “so called” fans. He takes it and takes it and gives his chest a thump and that’s him ruined, in the eyes of some - shocking 

That post up above is an absolute shocker 

33 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I’m not getting into it. Hearts have just won 6-2 and I’m not in the mood for bickering. 

No worries man.

10 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Best Post on the thread. I will take every single moment of him in my memory as our Captain fantastic and heartbeat of our team who would have walked through walls for the benefit of the club. He was Hearts through and through.

One feckin chest thump, Jesus - I was at that same game and was absolutely sickened by the level of abuse that he got from some “so called” fans. He takes it and takes it and gives his chest a thump and that’s him ruined, in the eyes of some - shocking 

That post up above is an absolute shocker 

The "problem" with Pressley is he wears his heart on his sleeve. He wanted to give a GIRFUY to Romanov and so he went ahead and did just that. No shirking for that man.

Edited by redjambo

2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

The "problem" with Pressley is he wears his heart on his sleeve. He wanted to give a GIRFUY to Romanov and so he went ahead and did just that. No shirking for that man.

Yup. Always thought it was aimed at Romanov. He is an emotional guy - The last thing Pressley was, was a Septic lover. Romanov forced him out the club, against his own will. He never wanted to leave us in the first place.

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

Yup. Always thought it was aimed at Romanov. He is an emotional guy - The last thing Pressley was, was a Septic lover. Romanov forced him out the club, against his own will. He never wanted to leave us in the first place.

Aimed at a man who was 900 miles away....😏

5 minutes ago, redjambo said:

One thing is for sure, Red.

It wasn’t against the Hearts support.

vladisacoward

Pressley can get tae for me. Judas. Looks and sounds like there is something wrong with him but he's always sounded like that. Awful pundit apart from anything else and has barely a clue what he is talking about as an utter failure as a manager unsurprisingly. Who on earth the bird alongside him was Lord only knows but she shouldn't have been there. They managed to somehow make the wee hobgoblin Sutherland look good and that is saying something.

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Aimed at a man who was 900 miles away....😏

Think about it .... Think back to everything he done for the club. His press interviews, his leadership on the pitch, his ability to have one of the best dressing rooms that we ever had. His holding the team together when Romanov was on a rampage 

Do you honestly think he did all that just to come back to Tynecastle Park, where he was adored, and to throw all of the memories away with one chest thump 

Not buying that whatsoever. He got absolute dogs abuse at that game mate - it was absolute venom at times. 

Given what he had gave to the club and in the heat of the moment I guess you can kinda figure out what happened.

Regret it - I’ll bet you he will regret it for the rest of his life 

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

You and me both, i8.

Me too. A leader, an inspirational captain and a Scottish Cup winning legend. 

Just now, vladisacoward said:

Pressley can get tae for me. Judas. Looks and sounds like there is something wrong with him but he's always sounded like that. Awful pundit apart from anything else and has barely a clue what he is talking about as an utter failure as a manager unsurprisingly. Who on earth the bird alongside him was Lord only knows but she shouldn't have been there. They managed to somehow make the wee hobgoblin Sutherland look good and that is saying something.

Grow up man 😂

”Judas” 

Judas didn’t do the stuff he did for HOMFC plotting That one day he would stand in the middle of the hallowed turf And smash is chest more In Frustration.

Fine for our support to abuse the guy that day - the same guy that held our club together and was thrown to the dogs by Mr Romanov 

Aye, right then 

2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Think about it .... Think back to everything he done for the club. His press interviews, his leadership on the pitch, his ability to have one of the best dressing rooms that we ever had. His holding the team together when Romanov was on a rampage 

Do you honestly think he did all that just to come back to Tynecastle Park, where he was adored, and to throw all of the memories away with one chest thump 

Not buying that whatsoever. He got absolute dogs abuse at that game mate - it was absolute venom at times. 

Given what he had gave to the club and in the heat of the moment I guess you can kinda figure out what happened.

Regret it - I’ll bet you he will regret it for the rest of his life 

You're wasting your time, they're all still blinded by hatred. Very sad.

2 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Staggering about,  looking to his left. 

Looks like some lost old man from still game 🤣

He kept looking to his left because that is where the screen showing the replays was.  He's referring to the screen while commenting on the play.

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

He kept looking to his left because that is where the screen showing the replays was.  He's referring to the screen while commenting on the play.

I know, well said. Some folk are thick as ****.

2 minutes ago, smiler said:

You're wasting your time, they're all still blinded by hatred. Very sad.

Probably. It’s just so frustrating. He was one of my hero’s at the time and favourite players ever to have wore the jersey. 

2 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Staggering about,  looking to his left. 

Looks like some lost old man from still game 🤣

Sounded like Rickie Fulton doing the midnight minister show.....

vladisacoward
4 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Grow up man 😂

”Judas” 

Judas didn’t do the stuff he did for HOMFC plotting That one day he would stand in the middle of the hallowed turf And smash is chest more In Frustration.

Fine for our support to abuse the guy that day - the same guy that held our club together and was thrown to the dogs by Mr Romanov 

Aye, right then 

Lest you think i'm an apologist for romanov, i most certainly am not. Can't abide either of them.

Let’s not bend the facts. It wasn’t just one chest thump - he was at the wind up from the first minute!

He did not get dogs abuse from the start - when he came out for the warm up he was warmly applauded by Hearts fans, however his stupid antics during the game resulted in Hearts fans giving him verbals!

Over the top goal celebrations, jumping up and down as if he’d won the World Cup at the final whistle, then his lone salute in front of Celtic fans thumping the chest!

Compare his behaviour to Hartley who was also one of the Riccarton 3 and signed by Celtic. He came back to Tynecastle and played hard and fair with no stupid antics in front of the fans who loved him - hence is welcomed back to Tynecastle by all fans.

Anyway who gives a FF about Pressley on a night where our team played great and hammered Dundee 6-2.

1 minute ago, vladisacoward said:

Lest you think i'm an apologist for romanov, i most certainly am not. Can't abide either of them.

That wasn’t the point of my post

I ain’t going to let my feeling for the guy and what he done for our club get blinded by one stupid incident in the heat of the moment and start judging him for it. Especially when I believe if he could have turned back time, he would never have done it 

That was my point 

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

He’s always talked like that.

Thankfully he knew how to talk when he was probably the best captain we have had since John Cumming.

That’s tantamount to heresy.  Do you think John Cumming would chest pump at tynie wearing a Celtic strip? 

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Let’s not bend the facts. It wasn’t just one chest thump - he was at the wind up from the first minute!

He did not get dogs abuse from the start - when he came out for the warm up he was warmly applauded by Hearts fans, however his stupid antics during the game resulted in Hearts fans giving him verbals!

Over the top goal celebrations, jumping up and down as if he’d won the World Cup at the final whistle, then his lone salute in front of Celtic fans thumping the chest!

Compare his behaviour to Hartley who was also one of the Riccarton 3 and signed by Celtic. He came back to Tynecastle and played hard and fair with no stupid antics in front of the fans who loved him - hence is welcomed back to Tynecastle by all fans.

Anyway who gives a FF about Pressley on a night where our team played great and hammered Dundee 6-2.

He did get dogs abuse - at the far end of the Wheatfield that game, there were a good number of folk screaming abuse at him. And that was from when the game started. It wasn’t everyone but he would have heard what was said, no question 
Yes he was emotional and he was a winner hence his antics that day. I still don’t think there was or ever will be any feeling whatsoever from him and what he thinks about septic 
I fully believe that when he looks back on his career his fondest memories will have been when he was playing with us. I don’t think he will even give it a thought that he managed to pull on a manky hoops top, and toward the end of his playing career 

Anywaze we aren’t going to agree on this one - agree with you there 👍

vladisacoward
12 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

That wasn’t the point of my post

I ain’t going to let my feeling for the guy and what he done for our club get blinded by one stupid incident in the heat of the moment and start judging him for it. Especially when I believe if he could have turned back time, he would never have done it 

That was my point 

Have to agree to disagree i'm afraid. He's burned any and all bridges in my book but each to their own. I remember being with my quite young son at the time who was autograph hunting outside the main entrance of tynie once he was playing for the bheasts and it was a testimonial game (can't remember who's, possibly Robbie's) and he turned up resplendent in his full Celtic tracksuit. Classless and clueless in equal measure in my book. Unsurprisingly, he got fairly short shrift by the assembled crowd, he barked at one young fan who was giving him it tight in particular and by that point the doorman at the main entrance had to come and rescue him. Was sad to see just like watching him running 90 yards to rub our noses in it whilst fist pumping that despicable badge in front of that vile support. I'm sad to say it but he isn't for me at all. You are welcome to remember him however you see fit obviously but on a night we started the season with a cracking 6-2 win lets agree to disagree as i say and agree to look forward from the top of the table...

2 minutes ago, vladisacoward said:

Have to agree to disagree i'm afraid. He's burned any and all bridges in my book but each to their own. I remember being with my quite young son at the time who was autograph hunting outside the main entrance of tynie once he was playing for the bheasts and it was a testimonial game (can't remember who's, possibly Robbie's) and he turned up resplendent in his full Celtic tracksuit. Classless and clueless in equal measure in my book. Unsurprisingly, he got fairly short shrift by the assembled crowd, he barked at one young fan who was giving him it tight in particular and by that point the doorman at the main entrance had to come and rescue him. Was sad to see just like watching him running 90 yards to rub our noses in it whilst fist pumping that despicable badge in front of that vile support. I'm sad to say it but he isn't for me at all. You are welcome to remember him however you see fit obviously but on a night we started the season with a cracking 6-2 win lets agree to disagree as i say and agree to look forward from the top of the table...

Fair enough. Folk make mistakes, and what he done was a mistake. I don’t disagree with that. I’m more about the intent than the actual mistake. 👍 it’s ok to disagree though mate 

SectionDJambo
18 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s tantamount to heresy.  Do you think John Cumming would chest pump at tynie wearing a Celtic strip? 

Of course not.

I didn’t say he had emulated the really great man. I only said our captains since the great, John, didn’t achieve much, if anything, until Pressley. We called the 2006 cup final “ the Pressley final” for a good reason. 

Incidentally, the first Scottish league game I saw Hearts play was against Kilmarnock, I think in 1962. Gordon Marshall had to be taken off with concussion, and John had to go in goal. I’ve since seen Donald Ford and Ian Baird go in goals for us.

John Cumming the Hearts player with the most winners medals as a Hearts player, I think. Unfortunately, my main memory of the great man is him sprinting on the park with his magic sponge.

15 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Elvis haters strike me as folk that still give their kids a hard time for drawing on the carpet 8 years ago.

Brilliant 👍

I'm going to use that one when the next Elvis thread appears, next week 😄

Edited by smiler

1 hour ago, James1874f said:

Of course i would have that framed on my wall next to my sash naturally 

It’s a collarette for those in the know 

28 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

He did get dogs abuse - at the far end of the Wheatfield that game, there were a good number of folk screaming abuse at him. And that was from when the game started. It wasn’t everyone but he would have heard what was said, no question 
Yes he was emotional and he was a winner hence his antics that day. I still don’t think there was or ever will be any feeling whatsoever from him and what he thinks about septic 
I fully believe that when he looks back on his career his fondest memories will have been when he was playing with us. I don’t think he will even give it a thought that he managed to pull on a manky hoops top, and toward the end of his playing career 

Anywaze we aren’t going to agree on this one - agree with you there 👍

Fair enough 👍

My final say on this - I was at the game with my wife who absolutely adored Pressley. At the end of the game she turned round to me and said “why is he acting like that?” - her eyes were a bit glazed. Bottom line he hurt a great many Hearts fans that day.

11 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Elvis haters strike me as folk that still give their kids a hard time for drawing on the carpet 8 years ago.

Does it aye 😏

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Fair enough 👍

My final say on this - I was at the game with my wife who absolutely adored Pressley. At the end of the game she turned round to me and said “why is he acting like that?” - her eyes were a bit glazed. Bottom line he hurt a great many Hearts fans that day.

You'll be over it now though of course 🙄

1 hour ago, smiler said:

The personal abuse of Pressley is very disappointing. The guys a cup winning captain and club legend. There's actually some plum on here who doesn't even  have him in as one of his top 10 captains ever.

Astounding. Hopefully this thread gets removed.

We've been moaning all summer about TV pundits giving Hearts a raw deal.

So we get someone who is clearly on our side and is full of praise for our team.

So what do the JKB know alls do  ?

They rip the pish out of him and abuse him something rotten.

JKB is for arseholes right enough😕

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Fair enough 👍

That’s the piece I find really sad. I believe you ... I was Probably as confused as your good wife was and at the same time. I’m sure thousands more were the same. 

Since the Event It was more reflection and having the opportunity to weigh it all up, and after the event, which made me form my current opinion. Still think about it to this very day but as said, I am not going to let it spoil or tarnish any of the best memories I have of him back then

1 minute ago, Hearts1975 said:

That’s the piece I find really sad. I believe you ... I was Probably as confused as your good wife was and at the same time. I’m sure thousands more were the same. 

Since the Event It was more reflection and having the opportunity to weigh it all up, and after the event, which made me form my current opinion. Still think about it to this very day but as said, I am not going to let it spoil or tarnish any of the best memories I have of him back then

You are a fairer man than me. 👍

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, BarneyBattles said:

for 19 games. 

I’ve just turned 50, have seen some splendid Hearts teams but the best Captain by far in that time is Elvis. 

He’s thick as ****, a shit manager and looks old as **** but **** me he was inspirational as a cup winning captain for us. 

Legend. 

I agree.

What a pity that game challenged his reputation, for many, with us.

Let’s not forget Strachan’s role in making him Celtic captain that day. He knew what he was doing.

Surely it’s still not too late for Pressley to just apologise for any offence he caused Hearts fans, whether by error or his feelings towards the Hearts hierarchy of the time.