• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VikingHeart

• tedarmy

• Victorian

• crunchy frog

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find it difficult to find the best song myself mac but I agree it's up there with the best.

How about the The Rezillos?  Any band members supporting the Famous?

• 1 year later...
On 14/10/2020 at 22:09, VikingHeart said:

Starting a thread on this topic as it would nice to get some recommandations on currents bands that also follow the famous. I've understood from hanging around the forum that Wattie from the Exploited is a PHM. Moreover I was wondering if Brassknuckle happens to be Jambos as well? Bakers Dozen might be a strong candidate too or am I wrong? Any other punk/oi or ska/ reggae bands?    

Jon lead singer of Bakers dozen is a hearts fan 100%

Mr God Awful Ugly

Damned shows now changed to October 2022, i have Glasgow and last night London tickets. Cancelling and rebooking hotels is getting annoying now.

Local punk band teams.

Threats

Kev. Vocals. Celtic (also Panik Attak)

Rik. Drums. Hibs. (Also Panik Attak and Sunday Punk Club)

Chris. Bass. Rangers. (Also Panik Attak and Sunday Punk Club)

Gogsy. Lead guitar. Hibs.

Me. Guitar. Hearts.

Recentish footish if your interested.

On 19/12/2021 at 08:39, j1964m said:

Jon lead singer of Bakers dozen is a hearts fan 100%

Thanks for the clarification J1964😀 I read somewhere that Bakers Dozens and Bombskare had a connection. Is it because they're both from Edinburgh? Same taste in music? Perhaps you or someone else can elaborate on this?

On 19/12/2021 at 10:36, Mr God Awful Ugly said:

Damned shows now changed to October 2022, i have Glasgow and last night London tickets. Cancelling and rebooking hotels is getting annoying now.

Local punk band teams.

Threats

Kev. Vocals. Celtic (also Panik Attak)

Rik. Drums. Hibs. (Also Panik Attak and Sunday Punk Club)

Chris. Bass. Rangers. (Also Panik Attak and Sunday Punk Club)

Gogsy. Lead guitar. Hibs.

Me. Guitar. Hearts.

Recentish footish if your interested.

Thanks for listing the football affiliations in Threats Mr. GAU😀 Very interesting mix indeed, suppose you never run out of football related topics to talk about during band practice😁 Looks like a really great show with good tunes and onstage energy😎 Makes me wish I was there🍻 

Do you know about any other bands in the current scene that haven't been mention so far?

What is the best way of getting a hold of Scottish records and merchandise? 

BTW does anyone know the status on the new Brassknuckle release?

Edited by VikingHeart
Added a question

I used to work with Jon when I was with Sodexo catering company in the 90s. My brother helped with the lyrics to one of there songs hiding behind the numbers been to a few of his gigs but have lost contact with him really nice guy to get on with as well. My brother had his

2 hours ago, VikingHeart said:

Thanks for the clarification J1964😀 I read somewhere that Bakers Dozens and Bombskare had a connection. Is it because they're both from Edinburgh? Same taste in music? Perhaps you or someone else can elaborate on this?

Thanks for listing the football affiliations in Threats Mr. GAU😀 Very interesting mix indeed, suppose you never run out of football related topics to talk about during band practice😁 Looks like a really great show with good tunes and onstage energy😎 Makes me wish I was there🍻 

Do you know about any other bands in the current scene that haven't been mention so far?

birthday party at the hibs club in 2012 and he done a few songs my brother played the bass guitar that night as well

2 hours ago, VikingHeart said:

https://www.angelfire.com/punk2/beergut100/    Jon used be the lead singer of beergut100 seen them as well at the end of the 90s

Edited by j1964m

I heard about Beergut100 but never listened to them, looks like I'd better check them out👍

Funny to hear that your brother (whom I take is a Hibs fan) played a gig with him in a hibs club😁  

4 minutes ago, VikingHeart said:

I heard about Beergut100 but never listened to them, looks like I'd better check them out👍

Funny to hear that your brother (whom I take is a Hibs fan) played a gig with him in a hibs club😁  

No he is a massive hearts fan and season ticket holder he needed a bigger venue and the hibs club was perfect and cheap at the time. 

3 hours ago, VikingHeart said:

they said they`re going to be recording in february

8 hours ago, j1964m said:

No he is a massive hearts fan and season ticket holder he needed a bigger venue and the hibs club was perfect and cheap at the time. 

Oh in that case I'm really sorry, didn't mean to offend your brother as he sounds like a PHM. Truly understandable choice. If only I'd lived closer I would've considered getting a ST to Tynecastle as well.

6 hours ago, tedarmy said:

they said they`re going to be recording in february

That's great news. Let's hope they're able to make it within the current health and safety boundaries and their budget as it probably takes longer than usual. Have you heard anything from the new record? If so how is the sound compared to their last record?

Mr God Awful Ugly
17 hours ago, VikingHeart said:

Saw Beergut 100 support Captain Sensible down the Cowgate somewhere iirc.

Age and drunkness of the night isn't helping my memories but i think they were a good laugh and did mainly covers.

That looks like a another gig I should've attended😀 Found a Beergut 100 album online that sounded like a mix between The Exploited and various 80's American hardcore outfits, quite good😎  

• 1 month later...

Got the Half Charge "True to the Cause" Cd in the mail today. I like that it's made in a DIY fashion. Soundwise it was quite decent and somewhat fresh. I also saw that they're playing with Last Resort and Brassknuckle at Bannerman's. Does anyone know if there are any Jambos in this band?

11 hours ago, VikingHeart said:

Got the Half Charge "True to the Cause" Cd in the mail today. I like that it's made in a DIY fashion. Soundwise it was quite decent and somewhat fresh. I also saw that they're playing with Last Resort and Brassknuckle at Bannerman's. Does anyone know if there are any Jambos in this band?

No, Glasgow band. Singer wears a west ham top a lot. 

7 hours ago, tedarmy said:

No, Glasgow band. Singer wears a west ham top a lot. 

Thanks for the info tedarmy😀 West Ham still seem to have their fair share of working class supporters, especially among punks and skins around the world so I can understand his choice. Still looks like a cracking line up though, really wish I had the opportunity to attend this event.

maroonlegions

I am a drummer in newish punk band called "Hoax".

Our singer is a jambo, our bassist has no interest in fitbaw BUT our lead guitarist is a hibby..

We are aiming to get our set together, 99% there, (we have a few covers we have added to our set list , these are Sex Pistols =Holidays in the Sun, The Damned =New Rose and Killing Joke =War dance. 

We aim to be playing in the Dundee Punk festival that was cancelled last November due to COVID restrictions.