***The Official Hearts v Dundee (We're back) Thread***

OldGorgie
10 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Get Lee off he's ****ing shite, just bring anyone on in his place 

Lee laid the pass for the first goal and Robbie clearly likes his style of play. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• sadj

• Smith's right boot

• neilnunb

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Midfield protection is what's needed.

Haring is the answer

Agreed

Great performance. Dundee are shite but we should be able to turn anyone over with this squad. I see a cup final beckoning.

MarkDevriesScores4

I wanted hearts to humiliate Dundee following their behaviour with “the vote” and also to show mcpake up for the wee rat he is. Thankfully we humiliated them at a canter. They got a lucky break of the ball for their second goal, I’m not overly concerned about the defending in all honesty. 

Great start. Every team we hammer this season is a finger up to the SPFL who themselves know we shouldn’t be in this division. Let’s make a mockery of the whole thing and destroy the division.

well done hearts! 

portobellojambo1

After the last couple of weeks on here and reactions to the BetFred ties it has been good to read through this thread. The team that is/was meant to be most likely to challenge us for the Championship title was steamrollered into submission. And losing 2 goals when you score 6 becomes so irrelevant. The game was very good but it was Kingsley's words after the game I was really impressed with, where he said they had played well, and that attacking the opposition will be the way forward but they were also aware of where we can strengthen.

I also think this season we will definitely see a different Robbie Neilson, he was maybe too inclined to listen to the DoF last time round, but this time it looks like a much more comfortable back room set up, something else which will work in our favour.

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, JackLadd said:

If Dundee are the best of the rest then it's going to be the cakewalk many predicted. Only one game but the marker is down.

think we need to look at ICT and Ayr as bigger threats.. ICT in particular under robbo were a far tougher nut to crack and they were missing quite a few

Smith's right boot
13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

think we need to look at ICT and Ayr as bigger threats.. ICT in particular under robbo were a far tougher nut to crack and they were missing quite a few

ICT were far more defensive. 

Teams that sit in and we don't score early will be a slog, that will happen quite a few times Tbh. 

We're likely to have a better attacking game v hibs in the sf as opposed to Arbroath away imo for example. 

Every game will be different. 

Dundee were a far more attacking threat than any of the other teams and imo will Likley be at the top end. 

We'll have a few slogs but also a fair few games were we blow the opposition away. 

Smith's right boot
42 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

After the last couple of weeks on here and reactions to the BetFred ties it has been good to read through this thread. The team that is/was meant to be most likely to challenge us for the Championship title was steamrollered into submission. And losing 2 goals when you score 6 becomes so irrelevant. The game was very good but it was Kingsley's words after the game I was really impressed with, where he said they had played well, and that attacking the opposition will be the way forward but they were also aware of where we can strengthen.

I also think this season we will definitely see a different Robbie Neilson, he was maybe too inclined to listen to the DoF last time round, but this time it looks like a much more comfortable back room set up, something else which will work in our favour.

Tbf it was his first gig last time, he's been a manager for 5/6 years now so would have wanted some advice back then, not so much now. 

If he replicates his First 2.5 years with us we'll be more than OK. 

Boab Mugabe

It was good to dish out a hammering but there’s still lots to improve on imo, especially defensively. We’ll need to be a lot tighter at the back for the semi.

I expect the other diddies in this league to be parking the bus starting with Arbroath so we have to be able to break sides down. Dundee came out to have a go which won’t be the norm in this league.

Stopping short of going overboard, that was refreshing and really enjoyable, more like the Hearts of old!

We broke away from the fad of possession that plagues the game these days and have clearly worked at the key things in the game that count.  Each player fully tuned in. Quick play through the midfield, link play thorough and made to count. Players getting wide and up the park in numbers. 

I can’t believe how chuffed I am at the way we are attempting to play. Of course there’s many challenges ahead, much to fine tune, but it’s a very encouraging start. 

It’s a style, if the players keep focused and well versed, should bring results and get the fans enjoying games again.  

jonnothejambo
1 hour ago, portobellojambo1 said:

:spoton:

jonnothejambo
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I'm not being arrogant but I genuinely feel that there will be no threats to us on the field of play. 

We will blow most teams to smithereens and beat everyone else relatively comfortably. 

We are on a mission with the events of the summer as the best motivation we could ever have after what was done to us.

Robbie plays it down publicly but you can bet your bottom dollar it will be stressed before every game to the squad. 

I also think he has the perfect backroom team. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

ICT might pose us a threat when they play us but at the same time I could see them losing to teams like Raith and Arbroath

davie1980

I will be interested to see how we do against teams that play with their backs to the wall against us.

The wingers got space to run into, the chance to cross and there was openings at the back to drop the ball into. They were brilliant last night and a real threat against a side that plays like Dundee did. But when a team really limits that space they might become ineffective.

We'll need the midfield to be more incisive than they were last night. Saying that, I think Kingsley and Smith playing as they did, getting forward and cutting in will have a huge impact when we need other options to open a team up.

5 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

I will be interested to see how we do against teams that play with their backs to the wall against us.

The wingers got space to run into, the chance to cross and there was openings at the back to drop the ball into. They were brilliant last night and a real threat against a side that plays like Dundee did. But when a team really limits that space they might become ineffective.

We'll need the midfield to be more incisive than they were last night. Saying that, I think Kingsley and Smith playing as they did, getting forward and cutting in will have a huge impact when we need other options to open a team up.

Agree. I think this is when away games will be tougher. Being the first game of the season, Dundee probably wanted to have a go but I think most games at a Tynie  will be like last night.  More open and opposition not able to shut up shop.  

kingantti1874
47 minutes ago, Boab Mugabe said:

It was good to dish out a hammering but there’s still lots to improve on imo, especially defensively. We’ll need to be a lot tighter at the back for the semi.

I expect the other diddies in this league to be parking the bus starting with Arbroath so we have to be able to break sides down. Dundee came out to have a go which won’t be the norm in this league.

With Haring and Halliday we instantly looked tighter at the back. Just offer a lot more protection

Ex member of the SaS

Great performance and a great win especially against THEM. However one slight moan is we seemed to lose focus for about 15 to 20 min in the second half. Robbie has stated teams will go at us hoping for a scalp and loosing focus allows teams some hope. Sort this out and we will be unstoppable. We needed points and a good goal difference to negate anything the GFA ( Lawwell ) comes up with. We MUST stay well on top so there can be no jiggery pockery from the weege.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Agree. I think this is when away games will be tougher. Being the first game of the season, Dundee probably wanted to have a go but I think most games at a Tynie  will be like last night.  More open and opposition not able to shut up shop.  

Like last time we need to fly out of traps.. and early goal and most of these teams will be toast.. 

Whatsthefuture

Great result last night,

Dundee assisted us with being open and allowing us to play. If we look at last season, games we played better in were against that type of opposition.
Then consider how Inverness  sat in last week. 

The pleasing point was we started taking shots at goal from the 20 to 25 Yard area and got the rewards also hitting the by line and getting crosses into the box and collecting if they came out the other side. 

Dundees second came from a distant shot and after some pinball fell for a striker.

Point being we shall have to get past 11 men in many of our games. Early goals change the other teams plans and can open things up. 
We have options in midfield so we can mix and match for different team game plans. 
Younger players not wishing to make the commitment to the club should head out on loan And run their contracts down or agree a new term. 
i feel optimistic about the hibs game as Hibs will be open and i think with width and pace Hamden might just suit us.
Big Pete being back is like a major signing and Halliday will bring drive also. 

So 4 games in and report card is reading above average 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

Like last time we need to fly out of traps.. and early goal and most of these teams will be toast.. 

Aye. I think that’ll definitely be the team talk  before every game. 

avhudtheteeshirt
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

ICT were far more defensive. 

Teams that sit in and we don't score early will be a slog, that will happen quite a few times Tbh. 

We're likely to have a better attacking game v hibs in the sf as opposed to Arbroath away imo for example. 

Every game will be different. 

Dundee were a far more attacking threat than any of the other teams and imo will Likley be at the top end. 

We'll have a few slogs but also a fair few games were we blow the opposition away. 

The kind of goals we scored from outside the box is the way to beat tight defensive teams.

I don't think we had that kind of threat for a few seasons.

Also we moved the ball around quickly, and played forward a lot more, which is what we were not doing last season.

David Black

Very impressed by that and as someone previously said, it was a change seeing a Hearts team that looked like they had actually meet before. The most important aspect of the performance was without doubt the width we played with. It's years since we done that and suddenly Tynecastle did not look so narrow. We looked fit, strong, moved the ball quickly and were inventive around the box. We moved it from wing to wing time and again , something we haven't done in years. I'll only mention 2 players, but they all impressed, Craig Gordon, what a difference having a goalie that actually has hands inside his gloves and then Jamie Walker. What an outstanding performance from him. 

3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Lee laid the pass for the first goal and Robbie clearly likes his style of play. 

He does have some nice touches however when Charlie Adam drifted past him as if he wasn't there it just shows how slow he is.

TBF Irving wasn't much better in the lead up to Adam's goal.

I would think that once Halliday is fully fit then Lee might struggle to start every game.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

He does have some nice touches however when Charlie Adam drifted past him as if he wasn't there it just shows how slow he is.

I would think that once Halliday is fully fit then Lee might struggle to start every game.

Halliday is a far better player.. first choice midfield 2 will be Halliday + Haring.

that said, in open games Lee will absolutely offer something, he was good last night 

Edited by kingantti1874
The Future's Maroon
37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20201017_101534.jpg

So many wonderful captions could come from that image 😁

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Halliday and Haring will be the first choice midfield, not exactly quick either to be honest. When we’re playing teams that just defend we might need Lee/Irving to pick a killer pass or put in a quality cross. It’s good to have options and help ease Haring back in. We then have Cochrane and McGill,  I will be surprised if Damour is on even on the bench this season and hopefully will get a move in January. 

highlandjambo3

Just sent this e mail to Dungdee.......”OPEN WIDE.....its medicine time but, no hard feelings ok”.

I know, childish but it made me feel better.......I’ll send it to all the backstabbers we smash

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

So many wonderful captions could come from that image 😁

Hair weaves R’us got it 👍🏽

42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

20201017_101534.jpg

"Roberts passed it back?,  WTF are you talking about!?". 

For starters ☺.  Honestly some of the comments.   What game where you watching. 

Not you mikey 😁. Just using the photie. 

Edited by HMFC01
Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, David Black said:

Very impressed by that and as someone previously said, it was a change seeing a Hearts team that looked like they had actually meet before. The most important aspect of the performance was without doubt the width we played with. It's years since we done that and suddenly Tynecastle did not look so narrow. We looked fit, strong, moved the ball quickly and were inventive around the box. We moved it from wing to wing time and again , something we haven't done in years. I'll only mention 2 players, but they all impressed, Craig Gordon, what a difference having a goalie that actually has hands inside his gloves and then Jamie Walker. What an outstanding performance from him. 

It was great, watched it again last night and there’s still much more to come from the team too. The speed at which we did stuff was impressive, so much better when we do this. Woke up this morning and immediately thought 6:2 yassssss. 

Smith's right boot
31 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

The kind of goals we scored from outside the box is the way to beat tight defensive teams.

I don't think we had that kind of threat for a few seasons.

Also we moved the ball around quickly, and played forward a lot more, which is what we were not doing last season.

Yip and the width as well. 

We might not score big but if teams sit deep for a whole game 9/10  the attacking team eventually scores at least 1. 

Patience is required tho. 

As you say, our threat outside the box and imo our width is the difference from last season. 

Smith's right boot
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Halliday is a far better player.. first choice midfield 2 will be Halliday + Haring.

that said, in open games Lee will absolutely offer something, he was good last night 

I think that's the plan 

Halliday and Haring for the sf I reckon if both match fit.

Auld Reekin'
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Looks like they missed a bit at the back McPake. 

Yep - should’ve sprinkled more grass-seed on there.

Gordon Ramsay

First half bar the woeful attempt to stop Adam waltzing through was exactly what I want to see. 

Fast paced, high energy, in the opponents faces. There was actually some really nice football strung together in there too. The dummy leading up to the penalty was brilliant. 

Second half we faded a bit but still looked like we could score every time we went forward. 

Much better performance than the 3 league cup games which is very encouraging. Still have my reservations about our defence. Think we will let a few in this season but we should be able to out score teams no bother. 

King prawn

The Dundee forum is a pleasing read. Hope last night hurt ya horrible corrupt gits. 

Jambo in Bathgate
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

I think the players had been told not to give away fouls in a central position because of Adams ability with free kicks. He was close with one later on in the game. Hence why no one put in a tackle. Unfortunately it opened up for Adams to score. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Halliday and Haring will be the first choice midfield, not exactly quick either to be honest. When we’re playing teams that just defend we might need Lee/Irving to pick a killer pass or put in a quality cross. It’s good to have options and help ease Haring back in. We then have Cochrane and McGill,  I will be surprised if Damour is on even on the bench this season and hopefully will get a move in January. 

Yes neither are particularly quick that is true but they have much more aggression in their play and are not as easily moved off the ball as Lee is.

8 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I think the players had been told not to give away fouls in a central position because of Adams ability with free kicks. He was close with one later on in the game. Hence why no one put in a tackle. Unfortunately it opened up for Adams to score. 

I think you are being kind to Lee with this explanation.

OldGorgie
1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

will be surprised if Damour is on even on the bench this season and hopefully will get a move in January. 

Damour is clearly surplus to requirements. Best just to terminate his contract..

8 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Damour is clearly surplus to requirements. Best just to terminate his contract..

If we do that then he will be within his rights to insist we pay it out in full. He might agree to an early ‘Mutual agreement’ release where we pay part of it, but he isn’t obliged to. Depends on how much he wants to play football.

If we’re going to have to pay him anyway then we may as well keep him around in case of injuries. The best solution would be for him to go out on loan to someone who will pay his wage (like Lee did) but I don’t see there being a big queue of suitors. I still wonder how he played for Cardiff. Didn’t the fans there actually think he was OK?

"Sounds dramatic but I think our title hopes end with an opening day defeat.

Anything can happen but if Hearts take 3 points on Friday against the league's second biggest club, it'll fill them with confidence for their run of games against the weaker sides.

Our season could be defined by our success or failure to land a punch on the Jambos this Friday.

A point would be a brilliant result. If we avoid defeat, it's game on". 

From the Judas forum web posted on 11/10/2020

5 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

*** scumdee and all that sail in her... 

How's yer ring piece yah weegie loving lowlife?. 

If you want a good laugh look at the Dark blue forum, priceless.

14 minutes ago, NLTFTh said:

*** scumdee and all that sail in her... 

How's yer ring piece yah weegie loving lowlife?. 

????

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Yes neither are particularly quick that is true but they have much more aggression in their play and are not as easily moved off the ball as Lee is.

Can’t argue with that, I have a harder time putting the harness and lead on my dogs that Adam had when he scored last night. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

I think we would if we could.