• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• sadj

• Smith's right boot

• neilnunb

OmiyaHearts

Buzzing after this BTW. Been a long time since I've enjoyed a league win. Pished and stoned on a Friday night having a blast.

Hope you all have great night 👌

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Buzzing after this BTW. Been a long time since I've enjoyed a league win. Pished and stoned on a Friday night having a blast.

Hope you all have great night 👌

Certainly sounds your having a great night mate, enjoy 👍

Governor Tarkin
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Aka Halliday and Naismith

Fingers crossed. 

He's already nobody's fool but hopefully Haring finds a right nasty streak to go with his abundant ability too.

5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Tell your Dad too, in fact feck it, tell your cousins, aunties and uncles. 👍

:D

Will be great once we have a fit and settled team and subs bench.  Everyone happy with their roles.   

I think roberts has a lot to offer up front, good height, pace, skills, can use both feet, not seen his best yet.  

😀 Can't wait until next game already. 

43 minutes ago, geomac said:

Absolutely, always prefer a 6-2 to a 4-0 😀

Who needs another striker, we have plenty, all over the park.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
20 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It wont all be tons of goals and superb finishes.   You'll rarely see so many great goals from a performance that was by no means complete.   Lost two bad goals which could have been more.    We could play them again on Sunday and draw.   On the plus side,  we'll undoubtedly play better and be more dominant.

DP

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug
17 minutes ago, Victorian said:

It wont all be tons of goals and superb finishes.   You'll rarely see so many great goals from a performance that was by no means complete.   Lost two bad goals which could have been more.    We could play them again on Sunday and draw.   On the plus side,  we'll undoubtedly play better and be more dominant.

No need to put a downer on it just because you missed the game. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

You are right 

That said our performances will become more complete. That team will play better together AND that team IMO is not our best  11 in any event.

Anotjer thing fans need to remember this season is that there will not be “home advantage” in real terms - this should benefit us on the whole but it might mean that teams sometimes get more into games at Tynie than they would than if their were our fans there sniping at them.

Seymour M Hersh

My one gripe is that Robbie and the coaches should have reacted quicker to the fact they were over running our midfield at the start of the 2nd half. Imo Haring should have come on for Roberts to shore up the midfield and block them more. As soon as he came on their midfield advantage ended.  Might also have prevented Irving being booked. Not trying to be overly critical and other than that a near perfect result and performance. 

Great result.

Teensy bit miffed with their two goals but can't complain when we stick in 6 at the other end.

That's my football fix for the weekend. Maybe have half an eye on the Scouse derby.

cookieboy
3 hours ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

2 hours ago, merrymac said:

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Missed Aidy White tonight 🤭

defo 

1 hour ago, Craig_ said:

Sooo, who are our challengers? Inverness? Ayr?! 

nae *****

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Enjoy your trip home you Celtic boaby sooking judas pricks!

Disappointed - nae surprised that this prose wasn't from Johno,. fine words sir.

34 minutes ago, deejtee said:

Don't know if this has been suggested already but we should call the league now. Us promoted and Dundee relegated. Ideal.

Brilliant...let's do it.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Yeah 😁.  Hopefully we're not deploying the parachute until after we gub that vile lot again 👍  

Lessons learnt 🤞

Australis

Always watch Jeff Stelling when Hears are away from home.

Got a funny feeling,  he will be telling us about lots of Hearts goals this season.🙂

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

Yup, had Kingsley not scored 2, he'd have been my MOTM.

Would have been Ginnelly for me. Created a crazy amount of chances and caused a lot of trouble for their defence. 

Kingsley was outstanding.

James1874f
5 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

I dont support that club...

:smugger:

You probably will tomorrow 

Greedy Jambo
55 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

this has got to be the worst comment tonight. Ollie Lee was immense!

You're right, that was the worst comment of the night. 

He's never a hearts player. 

Jessjambo

Shouldn’t they just award us the league and promote us now? Isn’t that how it works nowadays?

Not read all the posts but just to let everyone know **** Hibs **** the spfl **** Dundee **** Celtic and **** whoever finds this offensive hearts first and hearts only 

Turkishcap

Achieved without Naisey, now that's a good luxury to have. Feels like goals throughout the team.

Seymour M Hersh
10 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

EkeHi9_WAAMF4qE?format=jpg&name=900x900When your big bro plays for Hearts but you're a Dundee fan...

Face with tears of joy

#mixnmatch

Poor wee thing looks genuinely upset at having to wear Dundreich shorts. Bless.. :lol:

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, geomac said:

Rarer the a centre forward scoring a hat trick and not starting next game.. good problems to have I'd say

Absolutely, squad looks strong. 

Der Kaiser
28 minutes ago, James1874f said:

You probably will tomorrow 

Are they playing?

You sound in the know.......

Ach well at least Dundee stuck to the covid rules & only let in 6 😉😉😉😉😉😉

2 hours ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

That first half performance reminds me of the days under JJ when a 20 min spell would see us 2-3-4 up and the game was over. But, we soaked up some pressure early 2nd half and kept going. Great team performance with Walker Kingsley and Popescu taking told marks, and a couple of important saves from Gordon too.... terrific start

That's actually a really good post mate. 👍

ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Would have been Ginnelly for me. Created a crazy amount of chances and caused a lot of trouble for their defence. 

Kingsley was outstanding.

Ginnelly's a great find, although I still think of Quagmire every time I read his name

tenor.gif

Roberts seems to lack a final product sometimes but causes problems with his power and has some decent skill. Think Frear and him will compete for one of the wide positions but Ginnelly's a shoe-in. On another note, it's going to be hard for Naismith to get into the team if Walker and Boyce play like that.

43 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Desperate to see the goals again. 

Can't find them anywhere yet.

Fill yer boots bud.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You're right, that was the worst comment of the night. 

He's never a hearts player. 

You have you're opinion. Which, thank fk doesn't matter a jot. Our manager thinks differently. He knows how good Lee is and has his name on the teamsheet. Without Lee and his gorgeous defence splitting pass, Smith wouldn't have scored.

But you, knock yerself out with the Lee hating. Because beating up on a Hearts player after a 6-2 win makes you feel important.

Anyone notice the push from Fat Man Adam on Walker just after he lays the ball off for Hallidy to score? Was at Walker all night. Good goal Fat Man but you were no where near the class of Walker tonight 

Edited by cocomac
Grammar

I had training tonight, and was torn between committing to going, and staying at home and watching the game.  Instead, I chose record the game, and ignored the result until I came home.  I got back in, via Tesco for some beers, and settled down to watch the match. 

What a ****ing game. We scored 5 superb goals, and a penalty.  We were in total control of the game, and it never looked in doubt. 

The first 2 goals were superb and we looked good for a total pumping.   Charlie Adam's goal, to give Dundee credit, was masterclass. He's about 60 years old, and ghosted past 4 players before smashing it home.  It was a good goal, but it also shows that we need to be more aggressive in defence; someone should have slid in and smashed him, instead of standing off him. 

The penalty was lucky, as Boyce slipped and skuffed the shot, but that's the luck we need.  After that, it was never in doubt.

Kingsley was superb tonight, and scored 2 absolute pearlers.  Can't ask for much more from a player. 

The second goal for Dundee was well worked, and well finished. We need to stop players getting into that position in the first place, but ultimately it meant nothing. 

We were a bit naïve defensively, but up front we were the team we've threatened to be for a while now. We scored early, and the game went in our favour from that point forward, and it's something we need to do in every game from now on.  If you score early, the other team need to come at you, and we exploited them superbly.  Walker looked up for it, and we got the ball into the spaces we needed to. Dundee are probably "the best of the rest" and if we play like that every week, we will piss the league. 

League debut goals for Ginnelly, Kingsley and Halliday are great news.  They have nothing hanging over them now.   Conceding 2 goals, there is work to do at the back. 

6 goals at home is a great result.  Bring on the rest! :yas:

Every club is settling with their new squads and lack of football for 6 months.  We're no different.  If this had been a 2-1 home win I would have accepted it on that basis.

But is wasn't though.  We banged in 6 including some beauties.  We did it against the club assumed to be our closest rivals.  Also the club with played the winning hand in seeing us expelled.

I want them to suffer for that for a very long time.  This was a great start on that revenge journey.

Well done Hearts.  Proud of you.  Wouldn't be at all surprised if FoH tops £150,000 this month.  

If Dundee are the best of the rest then it's going to be the cakewalk many predicted. Only one game but the marker is down.

Can only echo Kiwidoug's sentiments. Delighted with tonight's performance and the League cup games so far. Enjoyed my beer tonight, amazingly didn't have a dram ! A great Friday night in, watching the Hearts and having a few beers. A very good night to all you Jambos, It's good to see our club back on the up. HHGH.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
7 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Every club is settling with their new squads and lack of football for 6 months.  We're no different.  If this had been a 2-1 home win I would have accepted it on that basis.

But is wasn't though.  We banged in 6 including some beauties.  We did it against the club assumed to be our closest rivals.  Also the club with played the winning hand in seeing us expelled.

I want them to suffer for that for a very long time.  This was a great start on that revenge journey.

Well done Hearts.  Proud of you.  Wouldn't be at all surprised if FoH tops £150,000 this month.  

top post!

Great start, some superb goals. Jamie Walker is like a new player , solid at left back and right back and contributing to the goals, first game I’ve watched and really enjoyed