***The Official Hearts v Dundee (We're back) Thread***

jonnothejambo
37 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Absolutely, how many would pereira have let in tonight

Indeed. The only keeper I've ever seen with al dente fingers.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• sadj

• Smith's right boot

• neilnunb

Lone Striker
5 minutes ago, geomac said:

Good comment, that observation made me think how true it was, teamwork and looking for a pass

Absolutely.   Seems like years since we've seen Hearts play with such confidence, energy and teamwork. The way our players frequently  received a pass,  immediately controlled it and looked to drive forward was very encouraging to see.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, jim747 said:

Thoroughly enjoyed that this evening :)

This 

I think we 'deserved it' and we got it. 

Riccarton3
8 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Great performance. 

3 league debutants scoring goals. 

Good team goals and individual goals. 

Gordon also had a few decent saves. 

Walker really good. 

Haring more minutes. 

Strong bench. 

Started well, weathered the small Dundee storm, made subs then killed the game. 

Games were teams sit in, especially away games will be the biggest issue for us, the team will need to be patient but we have a nice fluidity and balance about us now with some real quality. 

4 wins from 4, confidence returning. 

Fantastic stuff. 

The negativety on here is draining tho, even when under a we bit of pressure and not scoring for fun ( despite winning) the reaction of some is depressing.

Great start for us and simmering nicely for the sf. 

Dundee showed they can be an attacking threat tho and Adam will be a game winner for them most certainly on occasions.

Got to go.after teams from the off. Play the first ten liked it's the last ten to get that early goal

4 minutes ago, geomac said:

Good comment, that observation made me think how true it was, teamwork and looking for a pass

So many recent games, I've been wondering what on earth we'd been doing in training as other teams waltzed through us and we appeared to be strangers to each other.

You could see the crisp passing and anticipation of movement in this team that suggests we're going about things the right way again.

Neilson clearly prepared the team properly in the same way he did last time.

Lets hope he does it right against Hibs this time round 👍

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Despite conceding 2 goals, I was pretty happy with the performance of the back line.

Their goals could have been stopped before they got close but the actual finishes were high quality

Der Kaiser
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s done nothing but play down our goals, saying they were poor defensively. Is his car in Wheatfield Street on double yellows? Absolute ***** of a man, always was. 

A PHM knows a PHM.

:kirk:

Governor Tarkin
9 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Could you not have invited 2 or 3 of then to have a wee pagger in your living room as you watched the match? Would have made the match more realistic.

I watched the game from a big screen in the amphitheatre out the back garden, red.  

Living rooms are so passé.

:sadrobbo:

BRAVEHEART1874

We passed theball about really well. Walker seemed to fit in that role today and Kingsley superb goals:)

Da hobos will be setting up their 11 behind the ball stratagy now as we speak hoping to hit on the break 

Don't know if this has been suggested already but we should call the league now. Us promoted and Dundee relegated. Ideal.

jonnothejambo
35 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Charlie looks like he’s ate the chocolate factory.

Aye but they had to melt the chocolate first for the gummy gonad. 

9 minutes ago, Boris said:

Genuinely fuming. Wife tiptoeing around a grumpy boy here. Said I'd have a movie night with family as long as left alone from 10.

Aaaaaaagggggghhhhh!!!!!!

*** aasaassaaaaaaaggggghhh!

Sooperstar
42 minutes ago, Spitonastranger said:

I take it  you how know how football works 

I take it you don't know how jokes work?

Early days but I'm not overly convinced about Jordan Roberts. He doesn't seem to be positive enough, often turning the play backwards.

jonnothejambo
36 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We imposed our physical  presence on the game? WTF is Pressley on about?

It's a colloquialism for we bent them over and reamed them senseless.

Independence
7 minutes ago, geomac said:

Their goals could have been stopped before they got close but the actual finishes were high quality

A game with eight great goals. 

NANOJAMBO
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Indeed. The only keeper I've ever seen with al dente fingers.

😆

18 minutes ago, Spoleto said:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

SWEET!

Still got the winter fixture to blast them for seven 🤔 

:shockio:

Just now, Spoleto said:

Early days but I'm not overly convinced about Jordan Roberts. He doesn't seem to be positive enough, often turning the play backwards.

What would Levein think?

Where you been Spotty?

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

You’ve been missing.

Keeping well, aye?

1 minute ago, Spoleto said:

He did turn back a few times when nothing much ahead but his heads-up pass for Kingsley's second was better than his dummy that led to the penalty, did some good play

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Genuinely fuming. Wife tiptoeing around a grumpy boy here. Said I'd have a movie night with family as long as left alone from 10.

Aaaaaaagggggghhhhh!!!!!!

*** aasaassaaaaaaaggggghhh!

I did other way round. Bread knife now watching some pish horror thing on Netflix, haunting of bly? It's shit.

Hearts were barry though. Great goals too. Can you not go online and replay programme on iPlayer?

Rogue Daddy
8 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Absolutely.   Seems like years since we've seen Hearts play with such confidence, energy and teamwork. The way our players frequently  received a pass,  immediately controlled it and looked to drive forward was very encouraging to see.

Good shout! Our ‘1st touch’ was excellent in the main, we were streets ahead of them in every way. However, most teams will park the bus - but if scumdee are the best of the rest, we’re going to stroll this. 

tolcross lad

It was a sense of relief to me to see Hearts play like they did .Strength purpose direct attacking game plan and unafraid.Its been a long time.

McCulloch looks like a big presence in that dugout.

ToqueJambo
16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Is that our official account  🤣 Normally I'd say don't tempt fate, but all we have to worry about this season is the SPFL ending the leagues early in a way that screws us again

For all that going into admin and getting relegated or playing shite during a pandemic and getting demoted are very definitely not fun at all, being in the Championship now and then with Robbie Neilson as manager is very definitely a lot of fun.

Long range peaches galore against mostly terrible goalies and shite defenders, and dominating matches from start to finish apart from a wee lull in the middle to get a cuppa. It's like a wee holiday before getting back to the serious stuff.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Just heard that the game ended up in the junk mail and has to be replayed, at Celtic's pleasure, with Dundee to get a four goal start.

ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Good shout! Our ‘1st touch’ was excellent in the main, we were streets ahead of them in every way. However, most teams will park the bus - but if scumdee are the best of the rest, we’re going to stroll this. 

If they weren't planning to before, they will now. That will be our main hurdle this season, but once again a Neilson team is showing it has goals throughout the team.

Glad we got those two late goals so the scoreline accurately reflected the pumping given out.

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

I did other way round. Bread knife now watching some pish horror thing on Netflix, haunting of bly? It's shit.

Hearts were barry though. Great goals too. Can you not go online and replay programme on iPlayer?

Na tried all that before checking score. Guess it would've been worse if we'd lost. Kind of!!

Ha, that's the thing we watched a movie wi kids then an episode of Bly Manor all before 10pm Hearts curfew!

Ah well. Come away the Hearts!!!

2 minutes ago, geomac said:

He did turn back a few times when nothing much ahead but his heads-up pass for Kingsley's second was better than his dummy that led to the penalty, did some good play

True. I just feel he needs to have the confidence to go past a man though. He had the opportunity several times but seemed hold back. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

If they weren't planning to before, they will now. That will be our main hurdle this season, but once again a Neilson team is showing it has goals throughout the team.

A Neilson team that needs more arseholery and needle about it than last time but the early signs are good.

1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Na tried all that before checking score. Guess it would've been worse if we'd lost. Kind of!!

Ha, that's the thing we watched a movie wi kids then an episode of Bly Manor all before 10pm Hearts curfew!

Ah well. Come away the Hearts!!!

Off topic, but it's rotten. Really rotten. Imo, of course.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

A PHM knows a PHM.

:kirk:

Can’t stand him, not sure if that comes across 😆

Victorian

It wont all be tons of goals and superb finishes.   You'll rarely see so many great goals from a performance that was by no means complete.   Lost two bad goals which could have been more.    We could play them again on Sunday and draw.   On the plus side,  we'll undoubtedly play better and be more dominant.

Pasquale for King

Anyone remember the last time both full backs scored in the same game 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️😆?

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Off topic, but it's rotten. Really rotten. Imo, of course.

Yeah we got too far in before deciding it was shite! I find it hard to ditch something mid series. Kept waiting for it to be scary!!

ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Governor Tarkin said:

A Neilson team that needs more arseholery and needle about it than last time but the early signs are good.

Aka Halliday and Naismith

Just now, TheBigO said:

Yeah we got too far in before deciding it was shite! I find it hard to ditch something mid series. Kept waiting for it to be scary!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Rarer the a centre forward scoring a hat trick and not starting next game.. good problems to have I'd say

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

Complacency is going to be an issue if we run up big leads. Just need to stop taking our foot of the gas and keep going. Defensively a few mistakes - needs sorted 

Let's hope we don't run up big leads then eh?

Right, back a few pages to catch up.

ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

2012 cup final and I'm sure Eckersley and Paterson much have scored in the same game in 14/15.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah 😁.  Hopefully we're not deploying the parachute until after we gub that vile lot again 👍  

Hearts1975
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Let's hope we don't run up big leads then eh?

Right, back a few pages to catch up.

I just posted that when we lost a 2nd goal to them. At the time I made the point, as in, we were inviting them onto us and not pushing up. That it would happen again but we need to keep our feet on the gas 

Fast forward to the end of the game different story 😎

lisburnjambo

Andy Hallidays debut goal goal for rangers was in a 6-2 win in Edinburgh. He done in again tonight