Barack

***The Official Hearts v Dundee (We're back) Thread***

busby1985

Buzzing for this! 

Hearts 3 - Dundee 0

StirlingJambo

I’d say Wighton should start. Shouldn’t really be dropping a player to bench after scoring a hat rick, plus Boyce has less game time. Bring him on second half and play two up top if we’re struggling to break them down. Mon the hearts 

Boof

Are the respective board members permitted to watch?

Would be very tempting to take a wander down to Tynecastle about the arrival time of Dundee just to tell Nelms he's a *****.

Clerry Jambo

GinRummy
24 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

I’d say Wighton should start. Shouldn’t really be dropping a player to bench after scoring a hat rick, plus Boyce has less game time. Bring him on second half and play two up top if we’re struggling to break them down. Mon the hearts 

I don’t care what anybody says, it would be absolutely crazy not to start Wighton. What kind of meshed does it send to fringe players if a guy who scores a hat trick gets dropped the next match. 1 up top or 2 up top, he starts. 

Francis Albert
On 14/10/2020 at 08:56, Barack said:

I'm claiming the first thread of the new season.

Won't be easy, as Dundee's midfield has been boosted by Dorrans & Adam. Stop Adam spraying passes about & that midfield will be an easier battle. Have Haring &/or Halliday knock McGowan about for 60-70 minutes too.

Close game. Hearts by 1 goal.

We're back!

:jjyay:

Sorry to be pedantic but it is the first game and first thread of the new league season. I hate the way games for the major trophy we have won more often than any other in my lifetime is now viewed as "pre-season".

Anyway I remember the first league game after our first relegation when we beat Dundee so a repeat would be great.

I also remember the EEN cartoon on the occasion with the tall Hibs fan and short fat Hearts fan (I think they were that way round) . The latter reading the programme and seeing the words "First Division" on the front. "SAY IT ISN'T SO" he pleads with his pal. Sort of caught how unthinkable it once seemed that would not be in the top flight.

The Goalscoring Knee
23 hours ago, andythejambo said:
On 14/10/2020 at 12:52, Niemi’s gloves said:

The one game David Johnston played for us. Went on to play 27 times for Scotland but unfortunately with the oval ball not the round one.

Correct.....Was the "smart" answer around this time to "Who was the last Heart's player to score for Scotland?" until I think Gary Mackay's goal in 1988 against Bulgaria.

Always remember the late, great Bill McLaren managing a reference to Hearts whenever Johnston showed  a bit of fancy footwork in the long grass at Murrayfield.

Played against him once. Left me feeling like I was running through treacle in a deep sea diving suit.

Back to the present after some time away - same scoreline as 77, I think. Halkett with a late winner

johnthomas
38 minutes ago, Boof said:

Would be very tempting to take a wander down to Tynecastle about the arrival time of Dundee just to tell Nelms he's a *****.

I would have thought he would be more than aware of that . Probably has been for decades

J.T.F.Robertson
15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry to be pedantic but it is the first game and first thread of the new league season. I hate the way games for the major trophy we have won more often than any other in my lifetime is now viewed as "pre-season".

Anyway I remember the first league game after our first relegation when we beat Dundee so a repeat would be great.

I also remember the EEN cartoon on the occasion with the tall Hibs fan and short fat Hearts fan (I think they were that way round) . The latter reading the programme and seeing the words "First Division" on the front. "SAY IT ISN'T SO" he pleads with his pal. Sort of caught how unthinkable it once seemed that would not be in the top flight.

Boab and Eck. 

A perfect example of friendly, harmonious rivalry. 😛

One five

I’m looking forward to tomorrow night a few beers feet up and watch us put them spineless tramps to the sword,

Cmon Hearts slaughter them please.

HMFC01
4 hours ago, Blackie the Cat said:

Can't think of a more suitable song and it's lyrics to be played before kick-off tomorrow night.

I was listening to that a few nights ago thinking  of the Raith/Dundee games :)  There was others but I cant mind what they were the now.

Maybe Iron Man - Black Sabbath and Live and Let Die - P McCartney and the Wings.

Edited by HMFC01

Uncle Buck

Let’s get in about these ****ing rats.

Not accepting anything less than 8-0.

Complete scum of the Earth.

Pans Jambo

I want us to put down a serious marker. Score 3 or 4 goals and dont concede. Really dont want to limp over a 1-0 winning line. I hope we are convincing. I know we have the players to do so.

Mon the JT’s. Into these vote changing barstewards!

One five
17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Let’s get in about these ****ing rats.

Not accepting anything less than 8-0.

Complete scum of the Earth.

Absolutely 

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Boof said:

I think they will arrive in Wheatfield Street as they’re based in that stand, might just take the dogs down to welcome them. 

cookieboy
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think they will arrive in Wheatfield Street as they’re based in that stand, might just take the dogs down to welcome them. 

good point. don't send any "welcoming" parties to McLeod Street 

Tennant's  6's
11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I want us to put down a serious marker. Score 3 or 4 goals and dont concede. Really dont want to limp over a 1-0 winning line. I hope we are convincing. I know we have the players to do so.

Mon the JT’s. Into these vote changing barstewards!

Definitely. 

Would have lived Tynecastle to be absolutely jumping for this, but the players & coaching staff must know what's needed. 

Scud scumdee, begin as we mean to go on 

22games nro
On 14/10/2020 at 17:16, BigAlim said:

Forster, McGhee and Ashcroft at the back are dug meat :jjyay:

Have a dundee fan at work and this is his biggest worry, seemingly a severe lack of pace in their defence , im sure Robbie will know 

only hearts.jpg

DaveyT

Looking forward to tomorrow night. 3-0

Cruickshank for Scotland
On 14/10/2020 at 11:26, Mikey1874 said:

Depends on the rest of the team. Charlie Adam has barely played last few years. Good luck to lasting a season. 

If Dorrans is so good why is he not at a Premiership or English Championship team? 

Not bothered if Adams lasts the season - it’s how he plays on Friday.

smiler
28 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not bothered if Adams lasts the season - it’s how he plays on Friday.

A good old fashioned clatter early doors wouldn't go amiss.

Kiwidoug

We are at home and I simply don't believe Dundee's squad will be anywhere near as strong and deep as ours.

Naismith has acknowledged that there is a depth of feeling in the squad about our post covid treatment and subsequent expulsion.  Dundee played a big hand in that.

That all suggests to me that we will be after them from the word go and we won't relent.  No chance of Hearts 0 at half time tomorrow.

JackLadd

Hopefully get the win but a draw would not shock me. 

Tasavallan
9 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Boab and Eck. 

A perfect example of friendly, harmonious rivalry. 😛

When I first moved to Norway there was no internet and as I lived up a fjord I could not get BBC radio Scotland but if I drove to the top of the hill on a Saturday I could pick up the World Service on short wave if the wind was in the right direction.

My father would send a weekly "red cross" parcel with copies of The Pink and Private Eye plus back pages of the EEN.  For years I kept a scrap album with all the  Boab and Eck cartoon strips.  Like most of my belongings it got lost in a move.  My (Hibby) best mate and I would do the one week Tynecastle / one week Easter Road during my teenage years just like them.  It was so long ago now I have forgotten which one was tall and thin and which was short and stout.

J.T.F.Robertson

I believe (think) Eck, the wee chubby one, was the good guy. ;)

When first here I had the equivalent with my brother sending me the clippings each week. These days the bad news is instantaneous. :(

ri Alban

5-0 anything less and I'm cracking out my pitchfork. 

C'mon Hearts! :flagwave:

And :fth:

Finlay James

The real stuff begins here and I'm going for a solid 3-0 Hearts.

Naismith, Halkett, Walker.

Marvin

Really looking forward to this. Not long now. Let's do this. 

Hector Riva

4-0 mon the Hearts! 🇦🇹

The Treasurer

The last time we were down we set the standard for the season by winning our opening game at Ibroke. We must do the same tonight

iantjambo

No mercy Hearts.

If ever there was a game for everything to click into place, it’s this one.

Total humiliation for these cheating, back stabbing twunts!

GinRummy

I can not wait for this. There is no danger at all Dundee are getting anything out of this match tonight. 

Leveins Battalion

My team would be

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley

Haring

Irving

Naismith 

Walker

Roberts

Boyce

Stewart

Halliday

Wighton

Ginelly

Frear

White

lisburnjambo

Ulster Hearts had planned to meet up tonight and watch this on big screen in our “base” 

pubs are closed over here at 6pm so that rules that out. Will have to do in the house :) 

going to say 2-1 Hearts :) 

PapaShango

Would love us to absolutely smash them tonight but it's all about getting 3 points and getting off to a good start. Do we know if Boyce and Smith are back? 

girvanjambo
11 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

My team would be

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley

Haring

Irving

Naismith 

Walker

Roberts

Boyce

Stewart

Halliday

Wighton

Ginelly

Frear

White

Judging by Robbie's latest comments this team won't be far away, but Halliday will start instead of Haring, I believe. The only other debatable selection is Robert's- possibly Ginelly? And Lee will be in squad somewhere

Horatio Caine
31 minutes ago, lisburnjambo said:

Ulster Hearts had planned to meet up tonight and watch this on big screen in our “base” 

pubs are closed over here at 6pm so that rules that out. Will have to do in the house :) 

going to say 2-1 Hearts :) 

Check out whether you can nip over to a pub in England to watch it.  Not an original idea I know, but...

suds66

First and foremost we need to win the game, preferably by playing silky entertaining football. That said an ugly win will do just fine.

TypoonJambo
28 minutes ago, girvanjambo said:

Judging by Robbie's latest comments this team won't be far away, but Halliday will start instead of Haring, I believe. The only other debatable selection is Robert's- possibly Ginelly? And Lee will be in squad somewhere

If that team can't smash Dundee something is wrong. Time ti give them it dry. 

Rick Sanchez

It seems our plan of attack is for the winger to beat his man before firing in a low and hard cross. If that's still the case...

Ginnelly > Roberts

Boyce > Wighton

And one of Walker or Naismith, not both. 

King prawn
6 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

It seems our plan of attack is for the winger to beat his man before firing in a low and hard cross. If that's still the case...

Ginnelly > Roberts

Boyce > Wighton

And one of Walker or Naismith, not both. 

This. 

Jamdub

Just stuck a few quid on the following to score 2 goals:

C Wighton

12/1

J Walker

18/1

C Halkett

40/1

With Bet365

Let's get right into that mob and show no mercy.

Edited by Jamdub

ford donald
On 14/10/2020 at 08:56, Barack said:

I'm claiming the first thread of the new season.

Won't be easy, as Dundee's midfield has been boosted by Dorrans & Adam. Stop Adam spraying passes about & that midfield will be an easier battle. Have Haring &/or Halliday knock McGowan about for 60-70 minutes too.

Close game. Hearts by 1 goal.

We're back!

:jjyay:

cheetah

Tough game, 3-1 home win.

ford donald

Hearts to set the pattern for the season 3 points. Plus a couple of goals,the odd little bump along the road but staying at the top!😀😀

scott herbertson

Virtual Stratties meeting at 6.45 pre game on Google Meet (trying to work out how to make my background like the pub) , usual table of guys usual banter. Hopefully not leaving early to virtual Bensons at half time!

gregzy2k7

Neilson's comments building up to the game are pleasing, says the players know exactly how the fans feel about the position the club has been put in and they all want to win every game to get us back where we belong! Lets hope we see it now!

I still think dundee will come to park the bus, I'm sticking with 2-0 (both our goals in second half) once we get up and running we will pump them later in the season, hopefully on there own patch!

Come on the hearts!!

Barack

Hearts have a new sleeve sponsor.

Paw Patrol, or some shit. "Ethical".

Who gives a toss...show us the MONEY!!!!

CostaJambo

Hoping for at least a 3 goal victory but expecting 1-1 tonight. Reckon it'll take till after the semi before our league performances start improving on the Betfred ones. Hope I am wrong.   

DG_HMFC
7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hearts have a new sleeve sponsor.

Paw Patrol, or some shit. "Ethical".

Who gives a toss...show us the MONEY!!!!

Pawprint - An organisation to fight climate change.