Barack

***The Official Hearts v Dundee (We're back) Thread***

Barack

I'm claiming the first thread of the new season.

Won't be easy, as Dundee's midfield has been boosted by Dorrans & Adam. Stop Adam spraying passes about & that midfield will be an easier battle. Have Haring &/or Halliday knock McGowan about for 60-70 minutes too.

Close game. Hearts by 1 goal.

We're back!

:jjyay:

neilnunb

Disappointed there's no reference of spam folders in the heading. 😐

Maroonblood22

No 'Scumdee'? Disappointed :( 

Gordon Ramsay

This will be tough. The performance level will need to increase a fair bit from what we have seen to win this I would think. 

Bit of a dilemma for Robbie up top now with Wightons performance last night. Would be tempted to start both him and Boyce and try get on top of them early doors. 

Not sure if Kingsley up to another 90 mins but White should be out the team. He's an accident waiting to happen. 

Libertarian
12 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'm claiming the first thread of the new season.

Won't be easy, as Dundee's midfield has been boosted by Dorrans & Adam. Stop Adam spraying passes about & that midfield will be an easier battle. Have Haring &/or Halliday knock McGowan about for 60-70 minutes too.

Close game. Hearts by 1 goal.

We're back!

:jjyay:

I hope we take 10 off them.

davemclaren

Our first home game of our first ever relegated season was against Dundee and we won it 2-1. I’d take the same again. 

20 August 1977

Scottish First Division

Hearts  2  1 Dundee

att 11,761

Whatever

Will be tough. Thankfully Robbie knows his stuff and utilised the squad well last night.

Any win will do.

Edited by Whatever

OTT

Wighton has certainly thrown a spanner into the works on team selection. Suspect we’ll start Boyce and bring Wighton on a bit later where his pace can be put to use. 

Im so pleased for the laddie though. Still a lot to do, but he’s bought himself a lot of time with that performance. Just needs to keep working hard! 

1874robbo

Be a tough game and we should win it but my concern is when you make too many changes in a team to then throw your 1st choice players all back in again it’s very hard to get them to gel right away.

We need to make a good start in this league.

Psychedelicropcircle

Into these judas *****!

Mikey1874

Dundee haven't played enough games. They do seem to have a decent squad. But Hearts are more ready. 

I do have concerns about us. Particularly Ginnelly / Roberts / Frear doing enough. 

2-0.

Cruyff

I'd like the see us give them a lesson. Happy with any sort of win though. 

Deevers

I think they’ll give us a game. A couple of pretty good signings recently. I hope we smash them though. Horrible club from a scummy city.

jambopilms

Dorrans and Adam in their midfield is better than we can put out. We better be up for it.

Mikey1874
2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Dorrans and Adam in their midfield is better than we can put out. We better be up for it.

Depends on the rest of the team. Charlie Adam has barely played last few years. Good luck to lasting a season. 

If Dorrans is so good why is he not at a Premiership or English Championship team? 

jim747
15 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Depends on the rest of the team. Charlie Adam has barely played last few years. Good luck to lasting a season. 

If Dorrans is so good why is he not at a Premiership or English Championship team? 

My West Brom supporting mate informs me that Dorrans is a complete huddy, so nowt to fear there.

gov

Think it will come down to who can bring better quality off the bench, I hope that is us. Be very interesting to see who starts. I think Dundee are our main rivals this season very strong cm pairing but hope we can just out run them 2-1 for me 👌

Turkishcap
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Our first home game of our first ever relegated season was against Dundee and we won it 2-1. I’d take the same again. 

20 August 1977

Scottish First Division

Hearts  2  1 Dundee

att 11,761

Was there and later to be found in the Aquarius disco.

davemclaren
21 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Was there and later to be found in the Aquarius disco.

I think I started off in the Green Tree then back to Chez Fred’s after the match. 

GinRummy
52 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

What about their other nine players?

tian447
58 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Dorrans is an injury-prone 33 year old, and it will take Adam about 5 minutes to run the length of the centre circle after kick off.

If we can't beat that midfield, we might as well give up.

tartofmidlothian

2-1 is the score, I reckon. Wighton to get one on his return?

GinRummy

2-0 another Wighton penalty and a halkett header from a frear cross. 

Edited by GinRummy

redjambo

A 1-0 win for us with a late very contentious goal will do me.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

not if we could field Haring, Halliday and Irving.. Dorrans is done, and Charlie Adam ha not played for a long time.. 

I think it will be another 2-1.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Wighton has certainly thrown a spanner into the works on team selection. Suspect we’ll start Boyce and bring Wighton on a bit later where his pace can be put to use. 

Im so pleased for the laddie though. Still a lot to do, but he’s bought himself a lot of time with that performance. Just needs to keep working hard! 

I think a lot will depend on whether Boyce plays for NI tonight.

Could be a bit much for him to play 90 minutes only 48 hours after an international

redjambo
2 hours ago, OTT said:

Here's hoping we face more of these "spanners" as time goes on. ;) A manager always likes the problem of having good in-form players to choose from.

Pilmuir
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

They both pose a threat from set pieces but I would imagine Robbie is planning for that.

kingantti1874

Jack Hamilton Dundee keeper.. and the superstar Jordan McGhee..

Niemi’s gloves
3 hours ago, davemclaren said:

20 August 1977

Scottish First Division

Hearts  2  1 Dundee

att 11,761

The one game David Johnston played for us. Went on to play 27 times for Scotland but unfortunately with the oval ball not the round one.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good points.   Makes you wonder how Dundee are affording the wages of these 2 - are their American owners throwing silly (loaned) money at the squad   like their neighbours did last year ?    

TypoonJambo
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Good points.   Makes you wonder how Dundee are affording the wages of these 2 - are their American owners throwing silly (loaned) money at the squad   like their neighbours did last year ?    

Celtic assisting

graygo
12 minutes ago, Pilmuir said:

They both pose a threat from set pieces but I would imagine Robbie is planning for that.

He's already planned for it, he signed a keeper who is actually a keeper.

jamboman9

Total destruction please.🇱🇻

GinRummy
1 minute ago, graygo said:

He's already planned for it, he signed a keeper who is actually a keeper.

Shouldn’t be underestimated. I think most people believe if we’d had Gordon in a window earlier we wouldn’t have been bottom when the league was halted.  

GinRummy
8 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

The one game David Johnston played for us. Went on to play 27 times for Scotland but unfortunately with the oval ball not the round one.

I remember that story from when I was wee. My two uncles arguing what they’d do if they were in Johnston’s shoes. 

Lone Striker
1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Celtic assisting

Wouldn't it be quite wonderfully explosive if your "suspicion" turned out to  have more than a grain of truth ?       It would amount to bribery  (although none of our journos would dare suggest it), and would also be bizarrely ironic - Celtic funding the wages of 2 ex-Rangers players.   :wow:

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Forgot about that. 

hmfc_liam06

I'd be (pleasantly) surprised if Halliday features. Also don't think Haring will play given he played 90 last night.

Gordon

Smith

Halkett

Popescu

Kingsley

Lee

Irving

Ginnelly

Naismith

Walker/Wighton

Boyce

That's the team I'd suspect.

A_A wehatethehibs

Think we will be in for a tough game but I’ll back Wighton to come of age in this game against his old club, and score the decisive goal. 2-1 Hearts 

Marvin

Has the OP included enough * in the title?

Jamie Walker Tash

I think 2-0 to us. Hopefully more.

Selkirkhmfc1874

4 nil Hearts 

poultry

Would love to see us hammer them, but will settle for a 1.0 HHGH

Jim Panzee
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

not if we could field Haring, Halliday and Irving.. Dorrans is done, and Charlie Adam ha not played for a long time.. 

I think it will be another 2-1.

anyone know how doranns and adam have played pre season / in the LC games? (if at all?)

HMFC01

My logic says 2-0, my imagination says 6/7-0. 

For 2-0 walker, Wighton. 

For the 6/7-0 Boyce, walker 2, naismith, Roberts , Wighton, maybe lee/irving. 

I think we should be dominating Dundee if they are anything like last season. 

eyesandears

Wighton to score the winner in injury time and run over to McJake giving it the 5-1 and then give the double-bird to Nelms in the directors box. Ann then gives it the knowing smile and instructs our new CEO to pas on a message to Nelms ...."tell John I'm sorry!"

Hectormasson
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Correct wba, rangers, Dundee? Heading one-way......

Kidd’s Boots

I’d be happy If they come here to play an open expansive game so we can get the passing game going. It starts with the keeper, and Stewart was quick with his feet last night, the movement and space opened up by McGill and Cochrane on occasion was fantastic. Adam and Dorrans won’t facing chasing shadows all night and that’s  what we will have to be make sure they don’t control the tempo. 

indianajones

McPake is a Hibs grass. 

10 nil Hearts.