Harry Cochrane

tartofmidlothian

jamboinglasgow

Thought Cochrane did fine yesterday, its his first competitive game in 2020. Fantastic pass in the first half. Given more game time he will grow and Robbie not wanting to send him out on loan speaks that Robbie wants him.

tartofmidlothian

He doesn't need to be the world-beater we thought he might be after that Celtic game, but I reckon if he can stay injury-free he needs to be in the position Irving is now by the end of the season. Maybe not a guaranteed pick, but a reliable starter when called upon who we know has the occasional goal in him. If he can get to that stage by next summer, hopefully he can kick on from there.

59 minutes ago, Bluesy1874 said:

I don't really like ripping into players however I thought Cochrane and Brandon were the poorest on the pitch. Cochrane played one superb pass but couldn't complete a simple 5 yard pass. I can't see him being kept on past the end of this season.

Jamie Brandon gave the ball away that many times I lost count. His throw ins were infuriating must have lost possession from them five or six times. Whoever decided to offer Jamie a deal clearly made a mistake.

They may both improve over the season but I feel after last nights showing chances in the team will be limited.

You can say that after just one showing this season?

25 minutes ago, redjambo said:

You can say that after just one showing this season?

No, I'm saying that after numerous times seeing him over the past couple years, I personally don't think he has improved all that much. I did notice he appears to have bulked up a bit. 

I think if Hearts win the league this season he will be replaced for the return to the top league. 

1 goal and 2 assists in 30 appearances for Hearts is not a great stat for a midfielder and needs to be improved on. 

I think ultimately his lack of pace will always count against him. He needs games to get smart and learn how to play around that weakness, it’s a catch 22 for him. He won’t get picked because he’s not got the pace but won’t learn to play around that without getting picked. This season is one that we need every player giving 100% in every game and don’t have the luxury of bedding players in. 

23 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think ultimately his lack of pace will always count against him. He needs games to get smart and learn how to play around that weakness, it’s a catch 22 for him. He won’t get picked because he’s not got the pace but won’t learn to play around that without getting picked. This season is one that we need every player giving 100% in every game and don’t have the luxury of bedding players in. 

Irving isn't pacey either

Just now, Smithee said:

Irving isn't pacey either

Indeed. But he’s a lot further along the road of working out how to play around the lack of pace. All in my opinion of course. 

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

Indeed. But he’s a lot further along the road of working out how to play around the lack of pace. All in my opinion of course. 

Sorry, I was being lazy - I should have said I dont think it's about working out how to deal with your attributes, every footballer's doing that from day one. Irving's just a better player.

4 hours ago, Section Q said:

Made some great passes throughout the second half. Not sure why you're picking on him. The pass you mention was just overdone. Great foresight for a 19 yo. 

Yeah, if anything it was a pass played to space where he anticipated Wighton to run onto. Decent vision to spot the chance imo. 

I think some of you forget how young he is because his debut season was 3 years ago when he was 16. Still a good couple years to develop yet, he’s got bags of talent he just needs time to develop further. This season is ideal for the younger lads to get more experience in what should be a very strong championship side, have some patience with them.

We do have to remember how young he was when he broke into the first team. If Cochrane were just breaking through right now, our expectations of him would be much reduced.

I watched Harry closely after the Scott Brown incident and got the feeling he was trying to show he was a bit of a hard man and forgot about his role in the team. Got loads of talent so long as it’s focused in the right direction. Certainly not too late for this kid.

Edited by dubs