Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, Boab said:

Got one and trying different beers/lagers I otherwise wouldn't try.

Some are fantastic. Giggling like a child after one German concoction !

😂

there are a lot of very good IPA's on there and very few bad ones is my takeaway. I'm very glad my wife made me buy it. (it's my story and I'm sticking to it)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do most of you use Perfect Draft?

Can you make it colder than 3 degrees? It might sound marginal but I like to serve my beer at 3 degrees.

And does it really take 12 hours to chill?

41 minutes ago, Boab said:

Clickbait ?

Non capisco !

Clickbait, you left us hanging. Again, which German brew gave you the giggles please?

4 hours ago, Tott said:

Beerhawk's new keg returns express is pretty impressive.

Dropped up a box of 3 kegs less than two hours ago, credited for them already.

Tad quicker than the old  10 day system,

I was the same yesterday, 5 kegs picked up from my house at 3pm and credited by 3.30pm.

Had the added bonus that I must have decided against a bank holiday special deal earlier in the year but had left it in my basket and it allowed me to buy it now. Delivery tomorrow in time for the weekend. 🍺👍

Screenshot_20220629-172958.png

22 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Can you make it colder than 3 degrees? It might sound marginal but I like to serve my beer at 3 degrees.

The latest version has a variable temperature control 0-12°c.

Perfect Draft Pro, bloody expensive at £385 although they are offering 20% discount plus £150 credit if you trade in an older model.

36 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Temp goes down about 1 degree per hour in the normal version. The pro is quicker I think. The pro is a horrible, beast of a machine though.

Most people pre-chill kegs in the fridge or freezer so that they are at temperature when they go in the machine.

28 minutes ago, graygo said:

I was the same yesterday, 5 kegs picked up from my house at 3pm and credited by 3.30pm.

Had the added bonus that I must have decided against a bank holiday special deal earlier in the year but had left it in my basket and it allowed me to buy it now. Delivery tomorrow in time for the weekend. 🍺👍

Nice one, need to put and order in myself .

But holding out till tomorrow ,hopefully Elvis is in the building .

N Lincs Jambo

My daughters bought me a Perfect Draft for my birthday in May. Delighted with it. Only problem is when my monthly 3 kegs arrive they’re finished within a week and it’s back to inferior tinnies for the next three weeks.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Temp goes down about 1 degree per hour in the normal version. The pro is quicker I think. The pro is a horrible, beast of a machine though.

Most people pre-chill kegs in the fridge or freezer so that they are at temperature when they go in the machine.

I meant to say I like mine at 2 degrees 🙃

I don't have space for one just now but I'm going to have to have in the future.

I was sure I seen a machine that is temperature ready in 2 minutes or something. It must chill it as it pours? I'd be much happier on board with that than having to make space in my fridge for a keg to pre chill as I've not got much chance of that happening.

23 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I don't have space for one just now but I'm going to have to have in the future.

I was sure I seen a machine that is temperature ready in 2 minutes or something. It must chill it as it pours? I'd be much happier on board with that than having to make space in my fridge for a keg to pre chill as I've not got much chance of that happening.

I don't think such a thing exists, outside of a proper draft setup.

Japan Jambo
35 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Haven't got room in the fridge either. Find that if I finish one and reload that night it's good to go when I get back from work, but yup it's slow. Feels plenty cold for me and I also like cold.

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, graygo said:

Let me know if the spaten is any good pls.

1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Let me know if the spaten is any good pls.

I've had it loads of times, one of my favourites although even better when the Oktoberfest version comes out. 👍

just a warning to those thinking about getting a PD, from my research there is a flaw with every PD machine. After the first keg they develop a leak that you will never be able to locate and will be stuck changing kegs quicker than you think

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

just a warning to those thinking about getting a PD, from my research there is a flaw with every PD machine. After the first keg they develop a leak that you will never be able to locate and will be stuck changing kegs quicker than you think

That true, there's also a fault on the countdown thing on the front. It's meant to start at 30 and count down to zero because the beer stays fresh for 30 days but it never gets past 29.

il Duce McTarkin
8 hours ago, IronJambo said:

I also like mine at 2 degrees and keep my beer fridge at that temperature, but I must admit that I don't really notice the difference with a draught pint from the PD if it's a nice tasty IPA. The Moretti from the Sub at 2 degrees is :pinilla: though.

I can get 3 x 6L kegs or a load of torps in the beer fridge to pre chill, and there's space for one or 2 in the freezer if I need to bring it down quicker. 

9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I don't think such a thing exists, outside of a proper draft setup.

It's taps like this that I've seen that do it. Whilst the end result is what I'd really be looking for I'm assuming it would be a much less convenient setup. It would be a lot better if the machines designed for the home would work like this

https://www.beer-tap-cooler.co.uk/bierzapfen/jet-30_453073_4842/?ReferrerID=7&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIioyQsfzW-AIVlPtRCh2IfQxnEAEYASABEgJHn_D_BwE

I have the PD and the Blade and am thinking of selling the Blade as I’ve had to cut down a bit 😂.It’s about a year old and in perfect working order.Anyone interested I’m open to offers.

Sooperstar
2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

It's taps like this that I've seen that do it. Whilst the end result is what I'd really be looking for I'm assuming it would be a much less convenient setup. It would be a lot better if the machines designed for the home would work like this

https://www.beer-tap-cooler.co.uk/bierzapfen/jet-30_453073_4842/?ReferrerID=7&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIioyQsfzW-AIVlPtRCh2IfQxnEAEYASABEgJHn_D_BwE

Yeah, that looks like it connects to a proper pub style keg, so effectively a proper set up but with the machiney looking pouring mechanism.

Edited by Sooperstar

18 hours ago, OBE said:

Clickbait, you left us hanging. Again, which German brew gave you the giggles please?

Sorry, mate, it was Belgian.

Afflìgem Blond.

Lovely stuff.

Sooperstar
13 minutes ago, Boab said:

Afflìgem Blond.

Lovely stuff.

Ah, you have the Sub rather than the PD.

24 minutes ago, Boab said:

Afflìgem Blond.

Lovely stuff.

Try the Zipfer lager for the sub.

Austrian, 5.6%.. lovely.

I'm going to Waz's in uphall later to see what they have. 

Only had zipfer and morreti so far. 

Wanting to try the Puntigamer, tiger and Newcastle brown and hofbrau IPA... I'm unemployed so will have to make a choice.... 😂😂

12 hours ago, graygo said:

That true, there's also a fault on the countdown thing on the front. It's meant to start at 30 and count down to zero because the beer stays fresh for 30 days but it never gets past 29.

😂😂 You animal

12 hours ago, graygo said:

footage of graygo after he gets up in the morning

32 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Austrian, 5.6%.. lovely.

Wanting to try the Puntigamer, tiger and Newcastle brown and hofbrau IPA... I'm unemployed so will have to make a choice.... 😂😂

Will do.

👍

1 hour ago, Boab said:

Afflìgem Blond.

Lovely stuff.

Sub!...Ok, PD here. Noted for future reference, might find it in a boozer on my travels...👍

56 minutes ago, OBE said:

Sub!...Ok, PD here. Noted for future reference, might find it in a boozer on my travels...👍

👍

I'm enjoying this malarkey ! 

Got an order coming the morn, some new stuff to sample.

2 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Austrian, 5.6%.. lovely.

Affligem also on list.. 😂🍺🍺🍺

2 hours ago, milky_26 said:

"gets up in the morning". :rofl: afternoon.

On 30/06/2022 at 15:03, Boab said:

Got one and trying different beers/lagers I otherwise wouldn't try.

Some are fantastic. Giggling like a child after one German concoction !

😂

Where r u getting your torps from? Is it beerewulf?

Best selection I've seen was in day today on salamandar st but I'm in Livingston so bit of a treck!

15 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Where r u getting your torps from? Is it beerewulf?

Best selection I've seen was in day today on salamandar st but I'm in Livingston so bit of a treck!

It is beerwulf, yes.

Excellent service. Ordered yesterday, here today.

2 hours ago, Boab said:

It is beerwulf, yes.

Excellent service. Ordered yesterday, here today.

Cant afford the minimum box of 8 so picked up a zipfer and an Amstel from Wazs'. 

Looking FWD to the Amstel, proper 5% stuff not the pish they've been peddling here last few years. 

2 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Cant afford the minimum box of 8 so picked up a zipfer and an Amstel from Wazs'. 

Looking FWD to the Amstel, proper 5% stuff not the pish they've been peddling here last few years. 

👍

Took the plunge and got the PD Pro.

Do enjoy an IPA/Pale ale and some of the Belgian beers, so having the ability to have the beer served  at the temperature it's meant to be its a big plus.

La Virgen 360 was always decent at 3c,but at 6c 👍

pd_1_67.jpg

Well unless anything better comes along between now and me being able to justify the funds to get a PD Pro then that's what I'll be buying into when the time comes. Found a nice space in a cupboard for it 😁

Dean Winchester
2 hours ago, IronJambo said:

Well unless anything better comes along between now and me being able to justify the funds to get a PD Pro then that's what I'll be buying into when the time comes. Found a nice space in a cupboard for it 😁

Might be worth measuring as it needs a fair bit of space at the back and sides for airflow or it takes an age to cool a keg down (and will probably not do the machine any favours).

8 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

Might be worth measuring as it needs a fair bit of space at the back and sides for airflow or it takes an age to cool a keg down (and will probably not do the machine any favours).

I had my Bob the builder gear on earlier and it's all gravy. I've a huge cupboard from where I took an integrated fridge freezer out. There's an unutilised shelf that's begging for a good beer machine whatever the size 😁

On 01/07/2022 at 01:33, graygo said:

I've had my machine for over a year now and I've never had any issues with the countdown or leaks. Sometimes when I change a keg over the level bars don't read properly but I just switch off at plug, remove keg and reinsert 

1 hour ago, hmfcbilly said:

I've had my machine for over a year now and I've never had any issues with the countdown or leaks. Sometimes when I change a keg over the level bars don't read properly but I just switch off at plug, remove keg and reinsert 

Sorry mate, I can't comment on any leaks but my post about the countdown not going past 29 was a joke. I foolishly thought that was obvious. 

30 minutes ago, graygo said:

Sorry mate, I can't comment on any leaks but my post about the countdown not going past 29 was a joke. I foolishly thought that was obvious. 

We didn't think it was a joke. We just assumed you were a pish-heid jakey 😂

3 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

We didn't think it was a joke. We just assumed you were a pish-heid jakey 😂

That's the joke, there's no fault with the machine 🤷

On 01/07/2022 at 14:27, milky_26 said:

Memories shot also, PD joke's without a punchline getting wheeled out annually...bless...😜

Anyone tried Elvis Juice yet? Really enjoyed the Punk (didn't think I would) so temoted by this.

Have the cider in it just now, but not a fan.

9 minutes ago, jambo89 said:

Anyone tried Elvis Juice yet? Really enjoyed the Punk (didn't think I would) so temoted by this.

Have the cider in it just now, but not a fan.

I noticed the description of the keg says Elvis Juice is 6.5%. If true, then this is a good thing.

The cans/bottles used to be there abouts but they dropped it to 5% and it's a poor beer in comparison. All that hoppy goodness was gone. 

Edit: looking at the brewdog site it seems they've raised it to 6.5%. I'm sure the original was 6.7%

Edited by IronJambo

7 hours ago, graygo said:

🤣🤣👍 you're too sharp for me Graygo! 

54 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

🤣🤣👍 you're too sharp for me Graygo! 

Apart from the memory being shot, apparently. 😄👍

Japan Jambo

15PDKT still a goer btw. Was going to take one for the team and order an Elvis but chickened out - not sure about the malt.

Smoked-Glass

Anyone ever managed to find a pint of Guinness that's anywhere near as good as anything in Ireland?

The worst pint in Ireland is still miles better than the best pint here or anywhere else. 

On 05/07/2022 at 19:12, Japan Jambo said:

15PDKT still a goer btw. Was going to take one for the team and order an Elvis but chickened out - not sure about the malt.

Gone now apparently, local shop for me from now on.

Just got the email, finishes at midnight tomorrow but they are offering 10% off 3 kegs while they decide what to do, a further kick in the nuts is that free delivery only on orders over £90.

Edited by graygo