Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

A real shame that the FB page has closed.I’ve been on it for a couple of years and it was decent.

I noticed over the last few months that a load of new posts were turned into a Rangers and Celtic shitfest and the guys running it got fed up trying to clean up the chats.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

Facebook group shut down. End of the 15% discounts then? 😟

Still valid just now but that would be a bit crap if it goes. 

Hard to believe that a group with 30k members would close without someone stepping up to the plate and taking it on.

Edited by graygo

Haven’t realised the group was shut, I have heard Fb were shutting loads of groups though. There were a lot of idiots on it recently though. If the 15% discount goes I’ll probably buy most of my kegs from wallyford, only downside is they don’t always get newer kegs in at all

27 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

Haven’t realised the group was shut, I have heard Fb were shutting loads of groups though. There were a lot of idiots on it recently though. If the 15% discount goes I’ll probably buy most of my kegs from wallyford, only downside is they don’t always get newer kegs in at all

What kegs do they sell in shop at WallyFord and can you return empty kegs?

25 minutes ago, DarthVodka said:

When I was in buying bread yesterday there were 6 guys in front of me buying kegs and all had around 5 kegs each. I noticed a sign at the cash desk saying two kegs of tennents only per person. The guy at the front then left the shop, came back in and picked up two more tennents and then stood behind me ready to pay for two more. 

I don’t have one of these machines but I’m in the shop enough to realise when they get orders in then everyone rushes to the shop and buys as much as they can   

18 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

What kegs do they sell in shop at WallyFord and can you return empty kegs?

Usually got a decent selection and they'll take back as many empties as you have, £5 each.

2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Usually got a decent selection and they'll take back as many empties as you have, £5 each.

👍

Finished work early and went a walk yesterday. Ended up in Wallyford so got a keg of Tennent's. Sign up warning customers there's a 2 keg limit, some boy got his wife to go seperate so they could get 4. :rofl: 

Pours nicely and as good as a pint of Tennent's in the pub. Quite good to drink something where I can make the direct comparison, but that's about it. Goes down easy and not too strong so will be a good session pint when we can have mates round etc. But the thing that struck me is there really isn't much of a flavour is there? Just like drinking sparkling water.

For me,Tennents is something I’ll drink in a pub with a poor choice of lagers or beers.Given the choices for PD and Blade I’ll probably never opt for a keg of Tennents.

17 minutes ago, stevie said:

For me,Tennents is something I’ll drink in a pub with a poor choice of lagers or beers.Given the choices for PD and Blade I’ll probably never opt for a keg of Tennents.

Correct! Far betters beers for the same price than to buy that.

Dennis Reynolds
1 hour ago, Locky said:

Finished work early and went a walk yesterday. Ended up in Wallyford so got a keg of Tennent's. Sign up warning customers there's a 2 keg limit, some boy got his wife to go seperate so they could get 4. :rofl: 

Pours nicely and as good as a pint of Tennent's in the pub. Quite good to drink something where I can make the direct comparison, but that's about it. Goes down easy and not too strong so will be a good session pint when we can have mates round etc. But the thing that struck me is there really isn't much of a flavour is there? Just like drinking sparkling water.

I also ended up in Wallyford and picked up a keg! Will be trying it out later on. 

Quite like the set up in there. Not sure I could be faffed with boxing up and sending my empties back so good to have the option to take them there and pick up some new ones. 

Been following this thread for a while and was going to buy a PD for spare room as step son moving out soon and we're converting it into a wee bar for ourselves. 

However prices for machines have gone stupid high in the last few weeks even.. I've seen second hand ones on ebay for 350-400 quid, that's just not happening! Should've bit the bullet before christmas when they were doing machine and 2 keg stella bundles for £279 (bloody family wouldn't chip in though, even though I said it was xmas, birthday, xmas birthday  next 2 years.. erseholes). 

I've seen other types of machine for under £100, takes 5l kegs. Are the 5l as readily available as the 6l which seems to be PD users preferred type? 

Am now also thinking of a sub instead, mixed reviews on here though and also their prices going stupid aswell (ebay, 2nd hand, £80, plus £99 delivery.. no torps included..)..

I think if I wait until the pubs reopen there may be a few people getting rid so may wait till then. 

If not then it'll be bar-fridge and beers of europe or majestic wines for decent beers (not building a home bar to stock it with fosters and john smiths!)...

14 minutes ago, LMc said:

I also ended up in Wallyford and picked up a keg! Will be trying it out later on. 

Quite like the set up in there. Not sure I could be faffed with boxing up and sending my empties back so good to have the option to take them there and pick up some new ones. 

Yeah it is a cracking shop. They do returns for £6 as well so an extra pound off your next purchase. I've got 6 empties now that I really need to start taking back. :lol: Problem is I don't drive so they'll be going back in dribs and drabs.

8 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Been following this thread for a while and was going to buy a PD for spare room as step son moving out soon and we're converting it into a wee bar for ourselves. 

However prices for machines have gone stupid high in the last few weeks even.. I've seen second hand ones on ebay for 350-400 quid, that's just not happening! Should've bit the bullet before christmas when they were doing machine and 2 keg stella bundles for £279 (bloody family wouldn't chip in though, even though I said it was xmas, birthday, xmas birthday  next 2 years.. erseholes). 

I've seen other types of machine for under £100, takes 5l kegs. Are the 5l as readily available as the 6l which seems to be PD users preferred type? 

Am now also thinking of a sub instead, mixed reviews on here though and also their prices going stupid aswell (ebay, 2nd hand, £80, plus £99 delivery.. no torps included..)..

I think if I wait until the pubs reopen there may be a few people getting rid so may wait till then. 

If not then it'll be bar-fridge and beers of europe or majestic wines for decent beers (not building a home bar to stock it with fosters and john smiths!)...

Hold off for a few months. There will probably be a load appear on ebay once the pubs re-open and folk realise it's a pain in the arse trying to get kegs delivered and sent back when they are back in the office.

8 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Some places are charging ridiculous prices. Can't really go wrong with Beer Hawk, however I've seen a website popping up on my Facebook recently called kegman.co.uk. None in stock just now so not sure what their like for prices but I did notice that you can use Klarna when buying. Klarna usually lets you pay things up so worth keeping an eye on maybe?

57 minutes ago, stevie said:

Indeed, Tennents is something I'll drink if there's only a choice between that, Carling or Budweiser.

Edited by Ray Gin

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Hold off for a few months. There will probably be a load appear on ebay once the pubs re-open and folk realise it's a pain in the arse trying to get kegs delivered and sent back when they are back in the office.

This is what I'll probably do.

Am on beer hawk just now, lots out of stock and you can't see prices for bundles or machines you just have to sign up to be notified when in stock. That's no good coz I need to know how much I'm forking out! 

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Some places are charging ridiculous prices. Can't really go wrong with Beer Hawk, however I've seen a website popping up on my Facebook recently called kegman.co.uk. None in stock just now so not sure what their like for prices but I did notice that you can use Klarna when buying. Klarna usually lets you pay things up so worth keeping an eye on maybe?

I'll have a look at that now.. I'd be interested in paying it up, providing they're not taking the piss. 

12 minutes ago, Locky said:

Emailed them through contact section on website. Asking for prices and payment options. 

I'll post reply as their kegs seem to be a few quid cheaper than beerhawk. 

Cairneyhill Jambo
35 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Am on beer hawk just now, lots out of stock and you can't see prices for bundles or machines you just have to sign up to be notified when in stock. That's no good coz I need to know how much I'm forking out! 

I got a PD machine last month from Beerhawk. It was £278 which included a keg of Bud and two bud glasses.  Beerhawk normally release a few PD machines every day about 2pm.

40 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

The bundles are normally about 279 quid.

1 hour ago, muldoon74 said:

PerfectDraft Bundles | Beer Hawk

Managed to get a machine using the above link  a couple of weeks ago,just your luck.Never did get a e-mail from them to say they were back in stock.

Edited by Tott

See both the PDKT page and the PD Scotland page are both now archived on Facebook...shame people cant behave really...

Met some nice folks through that, and attended the beer festival that Beerhawk used to have as well.....good nights - not to mention the discount code we all got as members.....guess that may be screwed now as well ?

Do The Dance
1 hour ago, moz said:

See both the PDKT page and the PD Scotland page are both now archived on Facebook...shame people cant behave really...

Met some nice folks through that, and attended the beer festival that Beerhawk used to have as well.....good nights - not to mention the discount code we all got as members.....guess that may be screwed now as well ?

As mentioned above the perfect draft group on fb have been given the code from beerhawk instead now. Join it.

hmfc_liam06
4 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

Indeed, Tennents is something I'll drink if there's only a choice between that, Carling or Budweiser.

Absolutely mental that folk are happy paying the same price for T than they would for far superior beers. 

Dennis Reynolds
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Absolutely mental that folk are happy paying the same price for T than they would for far superior beers. 

People have different tastes. It's really not that mental.

8 minutes ago, LMc said:

People have different tastes. It's really not that mental.

It is when they're paying over double the price of cans, on top of the expense of the PD itself. 

10 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

It is when they're paying over double the price of cans, on top of the expense of the PD itself. 

I should imagine people paying because it’s nicer than cans. Do you have a PD machine?

13 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Can’t speak for the PD machine but The Blade is way, way better than cans. Bit cheaper per pint than PD bit a more expensive for the machine. 

Dean Winchester
5 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

I'll have a look at that now.. I'd be interested in paying it up, providing they're not taking the piss. 

You can use Paypal take 3 on Beerhawk which works the same way as well.

I was under the impression they had a waiting list for the machines and where about 3 weeks behind.

29 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

I should imagine people paying because it’s nicer than cans. Do you have a PD machine?

No, I was considering getting one a few months ago but decided against it. I have had Tennents on draught before numerous times though and any difference over the cans has always been marginal. 

Edited by Ray Gin

1 minute ago, Ray Gin said:

No, I was considering getting one a few months ago but decided against it. I have had Tennents on draught before numerous times though and any difference over the cans has always been marginal. 

Tennents not my beer of choice but over the years I’ve had a couple of pints in a pub and also a couple of cans. The cans are brutal imo but the price makes it a good choice for some people. 

Dean Winchester

Just received this so looks like the discount will continue in some shape:

You may have noticed by now that the PerfectDraft Keg Tips Facebook group has been archived. As someone who has used the group discount code in the past, we thought we'd just drop you a quick line to keep you in the loop.

First things first, we want to thank Neil & the entire admin team for building the group over the last 5 years. It's become a community of beer lovers, home-bar builders and people who really let us (me!) know where they want the future of PerfectDraft to go.

It’s still important to us that your input is included, and we want to continue to support our most loyal customers. We’ll continue to do that through these emails, on our social media channels, and on Facebook groups - as well as in other ways too. Watch this space!

THE DISCOUNT CODE STILL WORKS! We're working out the best way to continue supporting the people who have made the PerfectDraft community what it is today.

Just for the record the code is currently still the same... CHECK THE FILES! 😉👀

I'll be in touch soon, but in the meantime if you have any questions/queries/Netflix recommendations drop me an email: [email protected]

P.S. We're still working on a cider!

5 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Just received this so looks like the discount will continue in some shape:

You may have noticed by now that the PerfectDraft Keg Tips Facebook group has been archived. As someone who has used the group discount code in the past, we thought we'd just drop you a quick line to keep you in the loop.

First things first, we want to thank Neil & the entire admin team for building the group over the last 5 years. It's become a community of beer lovers, home-bar builders and people who really let us (me!) know where they want the future of PerfectDraft to go.

It’s still important to us that your input is included, and we want to continue to support our most loyal customers. We’ll continue to do that through these emails, on our social media channels, and on Facebook groups - as well as in other ways too. Watch this space!

THE DISCOUNT CODE STILL WORKS! We're working out the best way to continue supporting the people who have made the PerfectDraft community what it is today.

Just for the record the code is currently still the same... CHECK THE FILES! 😉👀

I'll be in touch soon, but in the meantime if you have any questions/queries/Netflix recommendations drop me an email: [email protected]

P.S. We're still working on a cider!

Ah beat me to it! 

48 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

You can use Paypal take 3 on Beerhawk which works the same way as well.

I was under the impression they had a waiting list for the machines and where about 3 weeks behind.

Cheers m8 I'll look that up aswell.. 

A bundle at say 290 works out at 93 in 3 payments(give or take).. Could maybe stretch yo that as long as its monthly.. 

19 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

A bundle at say 290 works out at 93 in 3 payments(give or take).. Could maybe stretch yo that as long as its monthly.. 

keep an eye in Costco too.  I got one for about £200 (no keg) a while back. They sell out rapid now though 

hmfc_liam06
On 17/03/2021 at 19:31, muldoon74 said:

Just wait til the 27th of April, pick one up cheap no bother once the pubs open 🤣

3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Just wait til the 27th of April, pick one up cheap no bother once the pubs open 🤣

Have been considering this, aswell.. 

👍

heartgarfunkel

Got both the PD and the Sub. Love them. Tripel Karmelite, Kwak and Leffe Rituel all to be given serious respect on the PD.  Looking forward to trying the Tennents when it’s back in stock, cask conditioned ale always my first love but not a beer snob. 

Love the Stella on the PD - brewed in Leuven, takes me back to draught Stella in Belgium in my youth. 

Agree with previous comments about  prices dropping once the boozers re-open, but would definitely recommend getting a PD machine - can’t imagine anyone regretting it. 

heartgarfunkel
On 15/03/2021 at 22:03, FinnBarr Saunders said:

My take on Stella...........can't drink the UK version but the Belgian version has a totally different taste. I can happily drink that.

It’s great - spoke to a boy at Beerhawk a while back. and although it says 5.0% on the website and beer label, it’s actually 5.2% straight from the Belgian brewery. Unbelievably smooth and skullable and so much better than the UK brewed piss.

Dennis Reynolds

Steered clear of the Stella but have a friend who has said the same as a few others on here so going to give it a go soon. Finished a leffe the other night and it was lovely. 6.6% as well.

heartgarfunkel
1 hour ago, LMc said:

Steered clear of the Stella but have a friend who has said the same as a few others on here so going to give it a go soon. Finished a leffe the other night and it was lovely. 6.6% as well.

Lovely - think I’ve tried all the Leffe’s now, bought the pint ‘goldfish bowl’ Leffe glass, looks as good as it tastes!