Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

23 hours ago, Locky said:

Pay day today, so might order a keg online at Beerhawk.

Went on a mission last week to get a keg. Went to the Pinkie Farm Shop from mine, with 2 empties only to find they were out of stock. Jumped on a 44 that was due up to Wallyford and got the DayToday. Better off tbh as they are cheaper, and £6 a keg. Ended up with a keg of Leffe Blonde for only £21! Decided to walk it back on the railway path to mine. Can't tell if that was the worst choice, or sitting up til 5am tanning pints of Leffe was.

Oft, must of been ill the next day. I have a keg of Leffe in the garage and scared to drink it. 😀

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cairneyhill Jambo
On 29/01/2021 at 09:05, Gerd Muller said:

Seen a brewdog one in Tesco and was tempted. Is there alot of foam or does it pour easy?

It pours really easily. You don't get much of a head and its more like real ale. My wife drinks Punk IPA and there's less fizz from the keg than cans or bottles. I've got a keg of lager from Beath brewery so will report back. I would Imagine it will have more fizz. 

Cairneyhill Jambo
On 29/01/2021 at 09:14, Tott said:

Seen this place mentioned on the "perfect draft keg tips" FB group,they did have machines advertised a few weeks back.

image.png.2903bc85080177f9049b97016e423b29.png

I was in there yesterday. No machines left but expecting them back in sometime in February. The shop has its own Facebook page and had loads of kegs for the PD machines yesterday 

FB_IMG_1612005165835.jpg

Edited by Cairneyhill Jambo
Add picture

6 minutes ago, Cairneyhill Jambo said:

It pours really easily. You don't get much of a head and its more like real ale. My wife drinks Punk IPA and there's less fizz from the keg than cans or bottles. I've got a keg of lager from Beath brewery so will report back. I would Imagine it will have more fizz. 

Did you by the keg of Beath Brewery from the Shop Local? I seen there was a couple there, a NEIPA one must take my interest. 

Cairneyhill Jambo
11 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

Did you by the keg of Beath Brewery from the Shop Local? I seen there was a couple there, a NEIPA one must take my interest. 

Yes. The lager is called Born Slippy.  Dance Monkey was the other one they had. Think it was about 7.2%. Apparently the Beath Brewery lager is decent. It'll be getting cracked open this afternoon watching the game. 

14 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

The PD Stella is the 5% Belgium stuff brewed over there. Not the 4.6 stuff brewed in the UK.

Cheers DW. Suspected that might be the case. I'd love to drink a Stella over there. Quite like it here, but it's hit or miss tbh. Why do we insist on ruining good beers?

4 hours ago, Gerd Muller said:

Oft, must of been ill the next day. I have a keg of Leffe in the garage and scared to drink it. 😀

Take it easy. :lol: Like the German wheat beers, I indulge in them too much and have to learn to respect them the hard way. I was in a pretty bad way after doing a whole keg of Leffe Blonde. 6.6% Belgians are not session beers funny enough. :rofl:

Got myself a keg of Leffe La Lagere for tonight. Curious to see how it goes. A much more rounded 5% which seems to have decent reviews.

21 hours ago, Locky said:

Cheers DW. Suspected that might be the case. I'd love to drink a Stella over there. Quite like it here, but it's hit or miss tbh. Why do we insist on ruining good beers?

Take it easy. :lol: Like the German wheat beers, I indulge in them too much and have to learn to respect them the hard way. I was in a pretty bad way after doing a whole keg of Leffe Blonde. 6.6% Belgians are not session beers funny enough. :rofl:

Got myself a keg of Leffe La Lagere for tonight. Curious to see how it goes. A much more rounded 5% which seems to have decent reviews.

How was the Leffe La Lagere? Its on my list for one of the next ones to try.

10 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

I like it. It's got mixed reviews online, but for me, it did exactly what it says on the keg really. Has the flavours of Leffe Blonde but in a much more subtle way. Goes down much smoother than Leffe Blonde too. It's almost like what Bud Light is to Bud, but still packing a punch at 5%.

49 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

It's good stuff. I find myself getting a bit sick of Leffe Blonde when I've got a whole keg to get through, but as Locky says it's a lot lighter. Basically exactly halfway between continental lager and Blonde.

16 minutes ago, Craig_ said:

It's good stuff. I find myself getting a bit sick of Leffe Blonde when I've got a whole keg to get through, but as Locky says it's a lot lighter. Basically exactly halfway between continental lager and Blonde.

I'm the same. As I mentioned before, I shared a keg with my mate before Christmas and about 5 pints each was probably the right limit for a beer like Leffe Blonde. Perfect beer if you just want to have 2 or 3 after dinner or something, But trying to do a whole keg was tough.

La Lagere has definitely got a really nice balance about it.

Edited by Locky

That's what I want to hear. I'll buy it next.

Finished the Hertog Jan and firing the Leffe Blond today for a couple. Will take me probably 2 weeks or longer to finish it as don't drink a lot during the week if any at all. 

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, Locky said:

I like it. It's got mixed reviews online, but for me, it did exactly what it says on the keg really. Has the flavours of Leffe Blonde but in a much more subtle way. Goes down much smoother than Leffe Blonde too. It's almost like what Bud Light is to Bud, but still packing a punch at 5%.

Excellent, got a keg of this on Thursday as well as a Hertog Jan and a Hasseroder. Just fancied something a bit different.

I have been really good so far and haven't put one on.

31 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Excellent, got a keg of this on Thursday as well as a Hertog Jan and a Hasseroder. Just fancied something a bit different.

I have been really good so far and haven't put one on.

Me and my mate had a day a few months back where we did Hertog Jan and Halleroder.

Hertog Jan was nice. I was surprised by it as I'd never heard of it, but a very nice beer.

Halleroder wasn't much to write home about tbh. Maybe the straight switch from Hertog to it, undermined it a little. But I wasn't a lover of it, and I love a German beer.

Governor Tarkin
On 29/01/2021 at 13:51, Sooperstar said:

Don't panic if the machine and kegs turn up in separate deliveries. Quite common.

The express next day delivery I paid for didn't happen and my PD and one keg arrived today.

The missing keg was on the delivery note but not in the box. Is this normal?

47 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

The express next day delivery I paid for didn't happen and my PD and one keg arrived today.

The missing keg was on the delivery note but not in the box. Is this normal?

Aye, there will probably be something somewhere which says package 1 of 2. The bundles are all pre-boxed so it's normal for that part to arrive first.

You should get a refund on the express delivery payment. For what it's worth I've never paid for express delivery and the longest I have waited is ordering on a Saturday night and delivered on a Wednesday. It's generally been with me in a couple of days.

Edited by Sooperstar

Shanks said no

Have to say I liked La Lagere, a lot. Probably only about 3 pints left after one sitting watching the super bowl. Will finish it off watching our game on Friday night to check that I wasn’t just in the mood to down a few pints. 

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Have to say I liked La Lagere, a lot. Probably only about 3 pints left after one sitting watching the super bowl. Will finish it off watching our game on Friday night to check that I wasn’t just in the mood to down a few pints. 

I was the same. Battered through 6 or 7 pints on the Saturday night and had the other 3 on the Sunday. Enjoyed both sessions equally.

My PD machine has been having a rest since just after new year. The plan was to go dry till my birthday at the end of February but the stock situation is giving me the fear right now. There's very little available just now, do I wait and hope it gets better or do I buy what there is and try not to drink it straight away? The second option has a major flaw in it.

3 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I was the same. Doesn't seem to get talked about much so I was unsure if it would be any good, but I really enjoyed it. Very easy to drink.

3 hours ago, graygo said:

My PD machine has been having a rest since just after new year. The plan was to go dry till my birthday at the end of February but the stock situation is giving me the fear right now. There's very little available just now, do I wait and hope it gets better or do I buy what there is and try not to drink it straight away? The second option has a major flaw in it.

Just ordered 2 X Lowenbrau and a Jupiler. 😁🍻🍺

Dean Winchester

I have a load of credits waiting to be added but I've ordered my next batch as well as it's the first time in days my usual have been in stock at the same time :lol: 

On 09/02/2021 at 12:27, graygo said:

Well that went well, delivered today at 4pm and I'm on my second point of Lowenbrau.

I've got the constitution of an ant.

On 09/02/2021 at 12:27, graygo said:

Funny you mention that, when I was up at the shop in Wallyford a week or 2 ago, they had little range. I went on a Saturday morning and expected a fully stocked shelf what with it being the weekend. After reading the kegs are produced in Holland, I'm paranoid that Brexit is having an impact. Or am I just being a panic merchant?

Dean Winchester
1 hour ago, graygo said:

Well that went well, delivered today at 4pm and I'm on my second point of Lowenbrau.

I've got the constitution of an ant.

Was due a delivery yesterday and Yodel haven't delivered it yesterday or today. Got nothing in for the game now 😡

14 minutes ago, Locky said:

Funny you mention that, when I was up at the shop in Wallyford a week or 2 ago, they had little range. I went on a Saturday morning and expected a fully stocked shelf what with it being the weekend. After reading the kegs are produced in Holland, I'm paranoid that Brexit is having an impact. Or am I just being a panic merchant?

It's partly Brexit, partly people not returning empties quick enough and partly due to a massive increase in sales of machines bought during lockdown according to Beer Hawk.

Wallyford had a lot of stock the other day but it was limited to what Beer Hawk had in stock as far as variety goes.

5 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Was due a delivery yesterday and Yodel haven't delivered it yesterday or today. Got nothing in for the game now 😡

Touch wood I've never had a problem with Yodel yet. 🤞

2 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

I watched that pish sober too 😩

Brexit surely has a lot to do with the stock? I’d imagine the problems will be overcome, but in the short term things were always going to be held up? Hopefully won’t see a price increase due to it, but I wouldn’t be shocked. They won’t want to price themselves too highly for when the pubs reopen though.

I’m currently sitting with Clwb tropica, Goose IPA and Highwire grapefruit IPA. Goose midway in the machine just now.

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Do The Dance said:

Brexit surely has a lot to do with the stock? I’d imagine the problems will be overcome, but in the short term things were always going to be held up? Hopefully won’t see a price increase due to it, but I wouldn’t be shocked. They won’t want to price themselves too highly for when the pubs reopen though.

I’m currently sitting with Clwb tropica, Goose IPA and Highwire grapefruit IPA. Goose midway in the machine just now.

I started and finished a keg of Goose Midway last night. Delicious stuff and incredibly moreish for an IPA.

Seymour M Hersh
28 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I started and finished a keg of Goose Midway last night. Delicious stuff and incredibly moreish for an IPA.

Hopefully not an 88 pint keg Gov! 

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hopefully not an 88 pint keg Gov! 

:D

Maybe in my youth. 

Only 10.5 pints in those PD kegs.

The Mrs brought in a lovely pinot noir to go with dinner too. Luvely. 

👍

4 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

I saw someone on Twitter yesterday say they ordered a part for a quad bike from Holland and got charged £55 in taxes! Hopefully any problems get ironed out pretty quickly, but as you say, I fully expect the prices to go up.

That said, this could be a good opportunity for PD to fully capture the booming British market, and start doing the kegs here? It would mean an introduction to new beers, like Tennent's which it seems everyone on the Scottish PD Facebook groups is desperate for. Sadly though, that would mean back to the shity British Stella.

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I prefer Goose IPA to the midway, but it's easy drinking and at only 4.1% my head can handle a few more than the 5.9% proper stuff.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

I saw someone on Twitter yesterday say they ordered a part for a quad bike from Holland and got charged £55 in taxes! Hopefully any problems get ironed out pretty quickly, but as you say, I fully expect the prices to go up.

That said, this could be a good opportunity for PD to fully capture the booming British market, and start doing the kegs here? It would mean an introduction to new beers, like Tennent's which it seems everyone on the Scottish PD Facebook groups is desperate for. Sadly though, that would mean back to the shity British Stella.

There are some fantastic British brewers that could get involved on the PD, but yeah I wouldn't want the shitey British versions of the decent booze already on it.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

Unlikely to see Tennents on PD mate, PD is owned by Philips and Inbev. Inbev will insist on beer from their own breweries with a few exceptions.

There is talk of a kegging plant in the UK but they have stated that Stella would continue to come from Belgium.

Governor Tarkin
28 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

I prefer Goose IPA to the midway, but it's easy drinking and at only 4.1% my head can handle a few more than the 5.9% proper stuff.

Aye, I'd maybe struggle to do the 10 pints of 5.9 stuff in one sitting, although I'd be willing to have a go.

21 hours ago, graygo said:

Unlikely to see Tennents on PD mate, PD is owned by Philips and Inbev. Inbev will insist on beer from their own breweries with a few exceptions.

There is talk of a kegging plant in the UK but they have stated that Stella would continue to come from Belgium.

That would be excellent. Tbh, I'm not that fussed about Tennent's, I've just seen a lot of people requesting it. Had a wee look at their brands, certainly a few beers I'd like to see.

Doctor FinnBarr

What would folks recommend for me? I only drink 2/3  pints per night at weekends so would need something that keeps. I like the wee 10 pinters of wheat beer that Morrisons do on occasion but they go flat after a day. Would it be worth the initial outlay for me or should I just stick with bottles?

54 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

What would folks recommend for me? I only drink 2/3  pints per night at weekends so would need something that keeps. I like the wee 10 pinters of wheat beer that Morrisons do on occasion but they go flat after a day. Would it be worth the initial outlay for me or should I just stick with bottles?

The perfect draft kegs keep fresh for 30 days after opening but if you're only drinking that much I would stick to bottles tbh.

Doctor FinnBarr
17 minutes ago, graygo said:

The perfect draft kegs keep fresh for 30 days after opening but if you're only drinking that much I would stick to bottles tbh.

Think I'll just do that Mr Go

Shanks said no

In case anyone hasn't received an email from Beerhawk, I received this earlier

Hey Frenchman,

We apologise if your favourite kegs are out of stock - as a PerfectDraft drinker, I'm incredibly frustrated too. Despite rigorous planning between ourselves and our suppliers, the changes to the movement of goods following Brexit has thrown up issues we were not able to predict.

We have been all hands on deck since the 1st Jan, working to restore the EU-UK supply chain that completely broke down for the first three weeks of 2021. We are currently only seeing about 50% of the trucks heading to Beer Hawk with kegs managing to get through to the UK. We expect this to increase to over 80% in the next week and already we’re seeing daily restocks of some core lines.

In fact, we received confirmation that 100% of today's expected deliveries are due to arrive tonight - this will help us replenish with stock of Stella Artois, Lowenbrau, Thornbridge, Ginette and more! Plus, we are also expecting more deliveries tomorrow and every day this week.

We understand and share your disappointment, and want you to know we are doing everything we can to rectify this. Over the coming weeks, you should start to see the keg availability slowly increase as we work with our logistics partners to overcome these issues and bring in more trucks to start rebuilding the keg inventory in the UK.

As always, we're incredibly grateful for your business. We are 100% committed to fixing these issues and resuming normal service so we can all get back to enjoying perfectly poured beers in our own homes.

On 14/02/2021 at 16:55, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Think I'll just do that Mr Go

So is that potentially 9 pints per weekend? If so, that's almost a keg per weekend. Even on 6 pints a weekend, that's 2 kegs a month. I'd say it's worth it for that!

So . . . anyone got the Pinter yet? I've had a middling experience with the Sub, so I'm hesitant to pull the trigger. They did just get their espresso stout back in stock.

Edited by Justin Z

3 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

So is that potentially 9 pints per weekend? If so, that's almost a keg per weekend. Even on 6 pints a weekend, that's 2 kegs a month. I'd say it's worth it for that!

Aye, I read it as 2/3 pints per weekend. Anyway, his beer consumption would rocket if he had one at home.

Go for it FS 🍻🍺🍻🍺

Edited by graygo

6 hours ago, graygo said:

Aye, I read it as 2/3 pints per weekend. Anyway, his beer consumption would rocket if he had one at home.

Go for it FS 🍻🍺🍻🍺

:lol: Exactly

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, graygo said:

Anyway, his beer consumption would rocket if he had one at home.

Go for it FS 🍻🍺🍻🍺

Factual post. 

I’ve got a keg of hoegardden in at the moment. It definitely makes you drink a bit more,I’ve move mine to the garage on weekdays to stop the ease of pulling a pint when I walk past it 

Dean Winchester
On 16/02/2021 at 11:32, DarthVodka said:

I’ve got a keg of hoegardden in at the moment. It definitely makes you drink a bit more,I’ve move mine to the garage on weekdays to stop the ease of pulling a pint when I walk past it 

Definitely. Been making my breakfast a few times next to it and found myself thinking a pint would be good right about now before reminding myself it's 8am on a Tuesday :lol: