Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

I'm usually just a JKB lurker but signed up to say a big thank you for this thread. My Perfect Draft was delivered yesterday and early next month I'll be ordering my 3 x kegs with the 15% discount.

So far I'm going with Lowenbrau, Leffe Blonde and Goose Island. Really looking forward to it.

Thanks again and cheers.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

got about 2 pints left in a Lowenbrau.....great stuff

Just ordered today, hopefully delivered in time for the game on Saturday.....2 x Lowenbrau - 1 x Franziskaner....and 3 x Leffe Cascade .....

5 hours ago, DarthVodka said:

Gonna whack in a new order in November in the hope my new house is read for mid december

Hoegaarden, Frankie and the other is yet to be decided.  Leffe blonde or Jaipur maybe.  It’s been rumoured there are a few new ones on the way though

Anyone any idea where I can buy cans or bottles of the tiny rebel stuff in Edinburgh? Someone mentioned Sainsbury’s but was in Cameron Toll yesterday and they didn’t have it

I found the Cali Pale and Clwb Tropica in the one at Longstone. Drew a blank at Craigleith.

Edited by Sooperstar

Henry. Henry.
6 hours ago, DarthVodka said:

Gonna whack in a new order in November in the hope my new house is read for mid december

Hoegaarden, Frankie and the other is yet to be decided.  Leffe blonde or Jaipur maybe.  It’s been rumoured there are a few new ones on the way though

Anyone any idea where I can buy cans or bottles of the tiny rebel stuff in Edinburgh? Someone mentioned Sainsbury’s but was in Cameron Toll yesterday and they didn’t have it

The Sainsbury’s in Gorgie/Murrayfield has tiny rebel stuff 

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I found the Cali Pale and Clwb Tropica in the one at Longstone. Drew a blank at Craigleith.

2 minutes ago, Henry. Henry. said:

cheers guys, will try Straiton too tomorrow on way back from work

21 hours ago, Henry. Henry. said:

22 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

they have them at Sainsbury’s at Straiton, popped in after work.

After trying, to be honest Tropicana and Cali pale are decent but wouldn’t but a full keg

Shanks said no

Yodel failed to deliver today, I am assuming because there were roadworks outside my house, I have been unable to drive into my driveway for a week. Minutes after the email notifying me, the roadworks were lifted.

No one home tomorrow so they hopefully leave the PD and barrels with my neighbour. Need my beers to be at temperature on Saturday.

Dean Winchester
41 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Yodel failed to deliver today, I am assuming because there were roadworks outside my house, I have been unable to drive into my driveway for a week. Minutes after the email notifying me, the roadworks were lifted.

No one home tomorrow so they hopefully leave the PD and barrels with my neighbour. Need my beers to be at temperature on Saturday.

Start clearing out the freezer if it's not here tomorrow then.... 3 hours on Saturday and it should be good for 5pm :lol: 

13 hours ago, DarthVodka said:

they have them at Sainsbury’s at Straiton, popped in after work.

After trying, to be honest Tropicana and Cali pale are decent but wouldn’t but a full keg

Have you tried Jaipur?

22 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Have you tried Jaipur?

yes, it’s actually very good. At 6% ish it creeps up on you quick 

Thornbridge is actually a good brewery, they have a good range 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Well this came today, not too impressed due to the 3 different shades of maroon.

Might design my own and get it done again.

IMG_20201030_120926135.jpg

Some of the football ones look alright but the Hearts one definitely looks like something you'd get out a tartan tat shop.

Generally don't see the point in 'dressing' the machine up. Even if you put a beer decal on it you're going to be drinking something else half the time.

3 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Haha glad someone said it before me :lol:

To be fair I kind of said it myself.

Might get one with something subtle like this -

528246ae2fed456aeebe1acda07c9152.jpg

14 hours ago, Cyber said:

Trying to decide if I stick in a Stella, Spaten or a lowernbru for the mara🤤

Put in a Stella yesterday, 6C now, should be perfect by kick-off! 

2 hours ago, Craig_ said:

Put in a Stella yesterday, 6C now, should be perfect by kick-off! 

Went for the Spaten, good chance the keg will be finished by end of the day... lovely stuff 😁

Even at 6C pint away 

21 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Some of the football ones look alright but the Hearts one definitely looks like something you'd get out a tartan tat shop.

Should not let graph's designers anywhere near our famous colours if they've never laughed and cried with us...

Shanks said no

Ended up having to go to Yodel at Livingston this morning for my machine and 2 kegs. Popped in to the Goth before heading home and got another 2 kegs.

Currently have a Stella in the freezer, a Spaten and a Lowenbrau in the beer fridge with a Lisa last in the queue.

I am trusting @Dean Winchester expertise and will take the Stella out of the freezer after 3 hours at 1450, giving it an hour to be perfect for our 4pm session starting.

Dean Winchester
45 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Ended up having to go to Yodel at Livingston this morning for my machine and 2 kegs. Popped in to the Goth before heading home and got another 2 kegs.

Currently have a Stella in the freezer, a Spaten and a Lowenbrau in the beer fridge with a Lisa last in the queue.

I am trusting @Dean Winchester expertise and will take the Stella out of the freezer after 3 hours at 1450, giving it an hour to be perfect for our 4pm session starting.

:lol: Has it gotten close then?

Shanks said no
18 hours ago, Dean Winchester said:

:lol: Has it gotten close then?

mission accomplished. I think we got onto the 3rd keg

On 30/10/2020 at 13:41, Sooperstar said:

Stretching the crest/logo. NO!!

:seething: 

42 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ordered Lowenbrau and Spaten Oktoberfest today because everyone else seemed to be.

FOMO. 🍺🍻

A warning its lovely stuff, but you will end up sideways after a few 😂

12 hours ago, graygo said:

Ordered Lowenbrau and Spaten Oktoberfest today because everyone else seemed to be.

FOMO. 🍺🍻

I went for a couple of the Lowenbrau and passed on the Spaten.

50 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I went for a couple of the Lowenbrau and passed on the Spaten.

My mum tells me that I would drink any beer "through a pishy cloot" so I'm sure it'll get drunk. 😁🍺🍻

I bought a cheap 2nd hand fridge to use as a beer/ wine fridge. Only thing is I can only get 1 keg in standing up properly, or 2 on their side so they are chilling. Is it alright keeping them on their side ?

42 minutes ago, daftie said:

I bought a cheap 2nd hand fridge to use as a beer/ wine fridge. Only thing is I can only get 1 keg in standing up properly, or 2 on their side so they are chilling. Is it alright keeping them on their side ?

Shouldn't be an issue.

12 hours ago, daftie said:

The beer is in a bag within the keg, surrounded by air. It won't affect it.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

PD bundles have been reduced on Beer Hawk. Getting the Stella bundle for £220.

Same withe the leffe and Corona bundles. The machine in its own is still £200

Just now, milky_26 said:

Same withe the leffe and Corona bundles. The machine in its own is still £200

They probably don't make a huge margin on the machines so I doubt they'll ever get much in the way of discount.

Be interesting to see what Black Friday brings though. Might jump on one then if a reduction does happen.

12 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

They probably don't make a huge margin on the machines so I doubt they'll ever get much in the way of discount.

Be interesting to see what Black Friday brings though. Might jump on one then if a reduction does happen.

I was advised in this thread that you wouldn't really get any better than current prices so I bought the machine without waiting. Then I saw this from last year...

https://www.loudersound.com/news/beer-hawks-tasty-black-friday-philips-beer-dispenser-deal-gives-you-budweiser-becks-goose-island-and-more-on-tap

Still glad I never waited.

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I was advised in this thread that you wouldn't really get any better than current prices so I bought the machine without waiting. Then I saw this from last year...

https://www.loudersound.com/news/beer-hawks-tasty-black-friday-philips-beer-dispenser-deal-gives-you-budweiser-becks-goose-island-and-more-on-tap

Still glad I never waited.

Nice! I'm not in a rush, got a feeling the Mrs has me one or at least planning on getting me one for Xmas because every time I bring it up she's like "maybe you should hang off".

:lol:

Pretty sure prices took a bit of a hike when lockdown kicked in around March. Not sure if we’ll see that kind of price this year, but I have no idea. I’m glad I have it now anyway. Goose IPA is superb.

4 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Nice! I'm not in a rush, got a feeling the Mrs has me one or at least planning on getting me one for Xmas because every time I bring it up she's like "maybe you should hang off".

:lol:

You’ll be gutted if she’s just meaning lay off the drink.

2 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

You’ll be gutted if she’s just meaning lay off the drink.

Haha if I don't wake up to one on Christmas Day it'll be getting ordered that day 🤣

31 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Haha if I don't wake up to one on Christmas Day it'll be getting ordered that day 🤣

If she has got you one Xmas day you'll need to set it up 1st thing (plus the missus will need to put kegs in fridge Xmas eve).

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Mine has a pretty serious leak somewhere but I can't find it. 

I read the big book of instructions last night, emphasising that the o-rings must be moist when attaching the dispenser arm to the keg. Maybe try removing the dispenser arm, wetting it and replacing, It can only leak from 2 places G. The arm to the keg & the tube to the arm. It is a beer leak and not condensation from the chiller?