Draft beer machines @ home

graygo

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

It was lovely (Stella). Obviously it will be a while before I can say that the initial outlay was worth it but I reckon I'll get good use out of it as it'll be a long time before I see the inside of a pub again.

Order in for another 3 kegs, Stella, Jupiler and Lowenbrau.

Joined the PD FB page..ordering  3 kegs seems to be the way to go.

apart from budweiser/becks/corona   the other 37 beers in the range look really good.

Hope it dosnt improve your poker play 🙂 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Sooperstar

• Tott

• muldoon74

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The PD is night and day from The Sub. No random buzzing, much less noisy when pouring a pint, far better end result. The Sub is good, but the PD is far superior. Glad I made the switch.

May I suggest Spaten on the PD lovely stuff.... Or even the ockoberfest version if still available 🥴

Wee tip, I normally leave it until I have about 12/16 empties before returning via yodel... Once tokens are credited you will near have enough to cover 3 kegs. 

Edited by Cyber

21 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

**daft question alert** when it comes to returning the kegs, is it a free post method or does it cost? 

Free.

23 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

**daft question alert** when it comes to returning the kegs, is it a free post method or does it cost? 

I believe you can return them to a few shops (Dunfermline and Whitburn seem closest), you can return via Collect Plus shops or have them collected from your home by courier.

26 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Free.

21 minutes ago, graygo said:

I believe you can return them to a few shops (Dunfermline and Whitburn seem closest), you can return via Collect Plus shops or have them collected from your home by courier.

Thanks very much lads. Think I'll get one ordered. 

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

depends what space you have for it. i have not checked how many kegs you coudl fit in but something like this maybe

https://ao.com/product/mur4892mb-fridgemaster-fridge-black-67452-30.aspx

Yeah, ideally it would have space for 2 kegs in it. That looks like it might just be a tight squeeze due to the freezer drawer.

It would just be going in my spare room.

Well looks like I've just been shafted by our lovely Yodel delivery driver. ☹️

Ordered another machine and 3 kegs, got the delivery of the kegs today but no machine. Asked him "where's the rest of the order", "only one box mate" he said. "So why does it say parcel 1 of 2?" I asked him. 

I've checked online and it says the parcel was delivered to a safe location - not that I personally took delivery.

I'll give it till tomorrow then raise a ticket but I'm pretty sure the driver has a severe case of sticky fingers.

Machine was for a birthday present on Saturday too. ☹️

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Ordered another machine and 3 kegs, got the delivery of the kegs today but no machine. Asked him "where's the rest of the order", "only one box mate" he said. "So why does it say parcel 1 of 2?" I asked him. 

I've checked online and it says the parcel was delivered to a safe location - not that I personally took delivery.

I'll give it till tomorrow then raise a ticket but I'm pretty sure the driver has a severe case of sticky fingers.

It is coming up as delivered because it’s recognising the first parcel with the kegs. The other one will probably be in a delivery office, or still in a van. I’ve just had this happen to myself, with the second parcel arriving the following day.

3 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

It is coming up as delivered because it’s recognising the first parcel with the kegs. The other one will probably be in a delivery office, or still in a van. I’ve just had this happen to myself, with the second parcel arriving the following day.

I hope you're right mate, it's the bit about it being left in a safe place (front porch) and a card left with details that worries me. None of that is true.

luckyBatistuta
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

I hope you're right mate, it's the bit about it being left in a safe place (front porch) and a card left with details that worries me. None of that is true.

I must admit, that doesn’t sound right. Fingers crossed it shows up tomorrow though🤞...and then you owe me a pint from it for my expert advice😁

42 minutes ago, graygo said:

I've had similar with other companies and the other package has tended to turn up a few days later. You should receive another tracking link once it has been sent.

46 minutes ago, graygo said:

Similar issue happened to me last week,I waited 24 hours to see if my other parcel made a miraculous appearance.When it didn’t I raised a ticket,BeerHawk had it sorted and redelivered next day.Think some Yodel drivers are very clearly at it!

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I've had similar with other companies and the other package has tended to turn up a few days later. You should receive another tracking link once it has been sent.

The despatch label states that 2 parcels were sent out so one tracking number should cover them I'd have thought.

2 minutes ago, stevie said:

Similar issue happened to me last week,I waited 24 hours to see if my other parcel made a miraculous appearance.When it didn’t I raised a ticket,BeerHawk had it sorted and redelivered next day.Think some Yodel drivers are very clearly at it!

Aye it seems to be a common problem, doesn't help that the box advertises what's inside.

10 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I'm now thinking I maybe need a mini fridge to pre-chill kegs. Any recommendations?

Tbf, if you have your own garden space, a shared garden space and you trust your neighbours, etc., you can pre-chill kegs outdoors for much of the winter. I've done that with my sub torps, keeping them in the conservatory, and it actually works fantastically.

34 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Tbf, if you have your own garden space, a shared garden space and you trust your neighbours, etc., you can pre-chill kegs outdoors for much of the winter. I've done that with my sub torps, keeping them in the conservatory, and it actually works fantastically.

I'm in a flat so best I have for now is the boot of my car, which is what I will be doing this weekend!

8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I'm in a flat so best I have for now is the boot of my car, which is what I will be doing this weekend!

:lol: Now that's a clever solution!!

Dean Winchester

With my initial order I got the Kegs one day and then the Machine bundle the next. It seems to be a common issue based on the Facebook page graygo.

27 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

With my initial order I got the Kegs one day and then the Machine bundle the next. It seems to be a common issue based on the Facebook page graygo.

The last moaning bstard on the FB page was probably me. 😁

Anyhoo, the good news is that I've maybe (have) jumped the gun and the machine is being delivered tomorrow. 🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻

1 hour ago, graygo said:

The last moaning bstard on the FB page was probably me. 😁

Anyhoo, the good news is that I've maybe (have) jumped the gun and the machine is being delivered tomorrow. 🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻

Be sure to apologise to that Yodel driver for doubting his character!

47 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Be sure to apologise to that Yodel driver for doubting his character!

If/when it turns up he will get an indirect apology in the same way as his character was doubted.

Konrad von Carstein
58 minutes ago, moz said:

Remember folks...HMFC pimping of these machines is essential.....

HMFC.jpg

HMFC1.jpg

Someone will be along shortly calling you a jammy wearer 🙄

1 hour ago, moz said:

HMFC.jpg

HMFC1.jpg

Jammy wearer.

Details please. Where from and how much?

Edited by graygo

14 minutes ago, graygo said:

Jammy wearer.

I’ve seen this on eBay before and I should have got one at the time.

ask the question on the PD Facebook page, there is someone there that does them too

1 hour ago, DarthVodka said:

I’ve seen this on eBay before and I should have got one at the time.

ask the question on the PD Facebook page, there is someone there that does them too

I'll have a look later, I've seen it before, pretty sure it's a guy in Newcastle that does them. Might have to save up first though. 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

I'll have a look later, I've seen it before, pretty sure it's a guy in Newcastle that does them. Might have to save up first though. 

im sure they ain’t that dear as they are just magnets. No more than 20quid I’d imagine 

4 hours ago, graygo said:

Jammy wearer.

We all wear Jammies...surely...? :)

Anyhoo....search on the FB group mate...guys initials are BW....think the magnets were about £12 and the drip tray was around the same if I remember rightly...think the drip tray was from someone lese though....

5 hours ago, moz said:

HMFC.jpg

HMFC1.jpg

That is quality!!! Where did you get the livery for it??

37 minutes ago, hmfcbilly said:

That is quality!!! Where did you get the livery for it??

Just as above mate......check the FB page for it and ask the question...think there are a few different guys doing it so you will get a few responses, different styles as well.....I've got the old style drip tray as my machine is 3 years old now 

Anyhoo....search on the FB group mate...guys initials are BW....think the magnets were about £12 and the drip tray was around the same if I remember rightly...think the drip tray was from someone lese though....

39 minutes ago, moz said:

Just as above mate......check the FB page for it and ask the question...think there are a few different guys doing it so you will get a few responses, different styles as well.....I've got the old style drip tray as my machine is 3 years old now 

Thanks mate. I read your previous post on answering this after I sent my question to you 🙈 cheers for taking the time to reply again 👍

17 hours ago, graygo said:

Just ordered this, £23 from JC Bar Supplies on Facebook.

FB_IMG_1603383897573.jpg

Nice one.....one tip, every few months take the back of the machine off and clear the dust from the fan etc

the crap and dust can build up quite quick

What have we all got in the PD just now?

I’m just finishing off a Stella keg. Was fine, far better tasting and smoother than the pish you get in a can/bottle in this country, but it’s still just a lager, better for the summer. I’ve got goose IPA up next which I’m really looking forward too. Going to get a keg of Jaipur in my next order.

7 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

I’m just finishing off a Stella keg. Was fine, far better tasting and smoother than the pish you get in a can/bottle in this country, but it’s still just a lager, better for the summer. I’ve got goose IPA up next which I’m really looking forward too. Going to get a keg of Jaipur in my next order.

I've got a Bud in just now. I'm not a fan of Bud but I'm away for the weekend to a lodge at the end of next month with someone who likes Bud, so I wanted to test it out as ill be taking the machine with me. It's alright.

Have done a keg of Stella and one of Spaten. Really enjoyed the Stella. The Spaten I wasn't overly keen on at first but the next day it was a bit better. 

Got another Stella there and an order coming tomorrow which includes Leffe Blonde, Stella, Lowenbrau, Jupiter and Cali Pale.

5 hours ago, Do The Dance said:

Just about to finish off a Lowenbrau, got a Stella ready for Saturday and will be placing a wee order this week too although not sure what to go for. Probably steer clear of the lagers as  I̶'̶m̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶n̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶t̶  it seems to be evaporating.

Reckon I’ve one or two pints of Spaten Octoberfest left,wish I’d kept it for the match on Saturday as it’s outstanding.Next one in will be Jupiler or Hoegarden. 

Shanks said no

Thanks to this thread I have ordered a PD and some barrels. Officially it’s for my Xmas but I am sure Mrs F will let me try it out on Saturday.

Only concern is junior will help himself, don’t suppose you can buy a lock for it? 

8 hours ago, graygo said:

Just about to finish off a Lowenbrau, got a Stella ready for Saturday and will be placing a wee order this week too although not sure what to go for. Probably steer clear of the lagers as  I̶'̶m̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶n̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶f̶a̶s̶t̶  it seems to be evaporating.

:lol:

The drinking it too fast is definitely a problem. I'm having to actively slow it down, got the machine, on the proviso from the missus, that I wouldn't just start drinking alot more beer.

Gonna whack in a new order in November in the hope my new house is read for mid december

Hoegaarden, Frankie and the other is yet to be decided.  Leffe blonde or Jaipur maybe.  It’s been rumoured there are a few new ones on the way though

Anyone any idea where I can buy cans or bottles of the tiny rebel stuff in Edinburgh? Someone mentioned Sainsbury’s but was in Cameron Toll yesterday and they didn’t have it