Virgin Media upgrade

Tazio

After days of ignoring it I eventually answered the phone from Virgin. They have a habit of phoning every few weeks and trying to persuade me to upgrade to full sky sports, speed increase, sky movies, etc. 
They then tell me that my contract renewal is next month and there will be a £5.99 price increase. Not chuffed but I’ve had the package for a long time so inevitable I suppose. She then starts the spiel about what do I watch and my interests and I’m braced for her trying to charge me the usual “wonderful one off discount” on sky sports for about £25. But she doesn’t for once. Instead I can get my broadband doubled to 200mb and full sky sports in HD for £8 more than I currently pay for an introductory period of 18 months. Pretty good deal as it will mean I have all the available channels from Virgin, full BT sports, and full Sky Sports for just over £80 a month. Date set in my calendar now to remember to cancel or renegotiate before I accidentally role into the £120 it should be. 
Great deal but I still have the niggling idea it’s a scam, good timing for the start of the football season though as I currently use a pals Sky Go account and feel a bit shan about it. 
Anyway, does that seem like a good deal? A few people I know pay well over a ton for the same deal. 

Edited by Tazio

I got a similar deal (full TV package including sky and bt sport) + 500mb broadband for 80 a month during black friday sales last year. Can't see it being a scam. 

4 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

I got a similar deal (full TV package including sky and bt sport) + 500mb broadband for 80 a month during black friday sales last year. Can't see it being a scam. 

I’m alway a bit paranoid that I’ve misheard or misinterpreted the sales pitch. I had a dispute with them a couple of years ago about a monthly price I was quoted and they then claimed didn’t exist as a tariff. Got the contract email now though and all is above board. 

47 minutes ago, Tazio said:

After days of ignoring it I eventually answered the phone from Virgin. They have a habit of phoning every few weeks and trying to persuade me to upgrade to full sky sports, speed increase, sky movies, etc. 
They then tell me that my contract renewal is next month and there will be a £5.99 price increase. Not chuffed but I’ve had the package for a long time so inevitable I suppose. She then starts the spiel about what do I watch and my interests and I’m braced for her trying to charge me the usual “wonderful one off discount” on sky sports for about £25. But she doesn’t for once. Instead I can get my broadband doubled to 200mb and full sky sports in HD for £8 more than I currently pay for an introductory period of 18 months. Pretty good deal as it will mean I have all the available channels from Virgin, full BT sports, and full Sky Sports for just over £80 a month. Date set in my calendar now to remember to cancel or renegotiate before I accidentally role into the £120 it should be. 
Great deal but I still have the niggling idea it’s a scam, good timing for the start of the football season though as I currently use a pals Sky Go account and feel a bit shan about it. 
Anyway, does that seem like a good deal? A few people I know pay well over a ton for the same deal. 

I'd say that's decent mate, especially as you have bt sports too. I just phoned sky yesterday as my broadband is due for renewal (currently with ee). I didnt have sky sports or movies (used my firestick 👀) I was paying £63.50 a month for all sky channels (except sports and movies) and my broadband with EE. for an extra £25 a month I'm moving broadband to sky, getting their ultra fast with booster box for my man cave in the garden, and have full sports and movies again. Admittedly iptv is cheaper but I don't mind paying £60 a month for full sky but no more than that. I see it if folk don't subscribe there won't be much of a service in years to come so I'm happy to strike a balance. I'm not loaded though so I use iptv for bt and Premier but I don't watch them that often if I'm honest. I have 3 sky q boxes too and its just handy as my eldest is 5 so she can go in to the planner and watch her disney movies as she pleases. 

I went on line today to sign up for it BUT because I’d bought a months subscription for premier sports ( now cancelled) for the two Hearts cup ties It turns out I can’t do it until the premier sports has cleared 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
Anyway the guy told me to go back on Wednesday, I’ll get put through to some other dept who’ll work some magic , he’ll put some notes in my account so that I’ll get sky sports HD for the same £25 or so for 18 months , seems a very generous offer .

Heartsmad1874

Get a FireStick with IPTV. Absolutely everything on one small app. Movies, tv series and live tv including all football, ppv's etc. **** paying Virgin and Sky prices these days.

Hannibal Lecter
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

I’m alway a bit paranoid that I’ve misheard or misinterpreted the sales pitch. I had a dispute with them a couple of years ago about a monthly price I was quoted and they then claimed didn’t exist as a tariff. Got the contract email now though and all is above board. 

Currently in a dispute with them over similar. Was given a price by one of their overseas call centres, who messed up putting it through which I spotted when I received the confirmation email later the same day. The girl I then spoke to couldn't get the offer to the same price but did say she could see from the notes the price I was offered earlier and that they would have to honour it and a manual credit would show each month for the difference. In comes the first bill at the price the 2nd agent got to without the manual credit. Phones them back up and the person I speak to can't see the notes of the first person or the second person and the best I can get is the price from 2nd call. Currently being escalated and awaiting a manager coming back to me once the calls have been listened to.