Virgin Media - Re-route Cabling

Konrad von Carstein

Konrad von Carstein

Cant be ersed (just now) phoning and speaking to their call centre.

Do any of you fine people know what the cost would be if I was to get them to reposition my router, this would involve a wee bit of mucking about. as originally cable was run under floor boards and through an internal wall

Alternatively is there scope to do this myself?

TIA

Edit: just googled, looks like it's £99 call out plus costs :(

Edited by Konrad von Carstein

How long have you been with them?  Phone the cancellation team and say you want to leave to have broadband recabbled elsewhere through quality concerns and they will do it for free. 

I moved my router not long ago, just bought the cable that runs between the box in the wall to the router from amazon,  I think it was under a tenner for 5m and it was easy although I just run mine along the same wall it was originally on. Have a look at where your gonna run the wire and if your confident that you can do any drilling through walls etc then bash on. Saves you £100.

Konrad von Carstein

Thanks for the replies.

I knew the cable would be a specific type, but not sure what it would be described as...do you have a link to the cable that you bought?

13 hours ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Thanks for the replies.

I knew the cable would be a specific type, but not sure what it would be described as...do you have a link to the cable that you bought?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WHITE-VIRGIN-MEDIA-BROADBAND-EXTENSION/dp/B0074RZ1TC

Youll need to buy extra cable clips, they don't put enough in to keep the cable tight on the wall.