• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• Lfhearts

• JamboAl

• jr ewing

5 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Very possibly mentioned in another thread but not seen it, called up last night for Scotland u21s or would gave started today !!

Was wondering where he was, thanks for info. 

4 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Very possibly mentioned in another thread but not seen it, called up last night for Scotland u21s or would gave started today !!

Surely would have perked up that labourious and slow paced midfield today. 

3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Pet hate of mine when people spell footballers names wrong 

Was just saying the same recently to Henri Smyth in his taxi.

37 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Pet hate of mine when people spell footballers names wrong 

But brilliant when the Mods change it sharpish

Calum Paterson is still unchanged though🤔

51 minutes ago, steve123 said:

😀 Thanks for pointing it out, didn't even ****ing notice.   No news about it last night, must have been an emergency call up. 

👍 

57 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Any word on Kingslie and Holliday? 

f.t.f.y.   :whistling:   :thumbsup:

Club needs to get the lad on a long term deal. If hibs can offer Magennis a 5 year deal, so can we. Should be looking to build the team around him and Walker. 

The latest young Hearts player to refuse a new contract and leave before we ever see the best of him then? Or are we hopeful he’ll sign a new contract eventually? 

9 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

The latest young Hearts player to refuse a new contract and leave before we ever see the best of him then? Or are we hopeful he’ll sign a new contract eventually? 

I know the family and they’re huge jambos. Couldn’t see him turning down a contract. Very level headed laddie too

1 minute ago, Jambo4050 said:

I know the family and they’re huge jambos. Couldn’t see him turning down a contract. Very level headed laddie too

Someone posted he had done already. 🤷‍♂️

15 hours ago, karipidis said:

Any word on Kingsley and Halliday? 

Neither were called up for the u21's.

Edited by Chong

36 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Someone posted he had done already. 🤷‍♂️

They’re definitely keeping their options open from what I’m hearing. Assume it will be based on whether he becomes a regular this season. That’s up to him to prove himself.

25 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

They’re definitely keeping their options open from what I’m hearing. Assume it will be based on whether he becomes a regular this season. That’s up to him to prove himself.

Which is hugely disappointing as a Hearts supporter and not an Andy Irving supporter. It’s a bit concerning the amount of young Hearts players who break through with us and then decide to bugger off elsewhere before we see the best of them, and without getting us a decent fee. You start to wonder what the ****ing point is.

Edited by Beast Boy

21 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

He’s every right to keep his options open, but if the family are big Jambos, If Hearts want him to be a regular first team player and offer him a decent contract then I would hope he’ll sign. Just guessing on my part but it will probably come down to how the coaching staff rate him. 

27 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

We should enjoy him while we’ve got him.  The lad will be on a different level soon.  

Maybe his agent has been asked about his availability and that is why he has refused a new contract with us.

It would be a shame to lose him. Hopefully we can make him an improved offer and keep him for a few years yet.

7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Maybe his agent has been asked about his availability and that is why he has refused a new contract with us.

It would be a shame to lose him. Hopefully we can make him an improved offer and keep him for a few years yet.

If a team is asking about his availability and they can’t afford to compensate us for his signature, then they can’t be at a very decent level. If a club rates him highly enough to try and get his signature, then they should pay us for it. Andy could make sure this happens by signing an extension at the club he supports, and wait for the right move at the right time and price. Not really too much to ask of a player that made his professional debut at his boyhood heroes tbh.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

3 English teams interested, including the uglies and Spanish teams. 

Ffs

45 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

If a team is asking about his availability and they can’t afford to compensate us for his signature, then they can’t be at a very decent level. If a club rates him highly enough to try and get his signature, then they should pay us for it. Andy could make sure this happens by signing an extension at the club he supports, and wait for the right move at the right time and price. Not really too much to ask of a player that made his professional debut at his boyhood heroes tbh.

Where did you get this from? I never mentioned  another club just that he has apparently rejected a new contract.

Any club that signs hm in Scotland would have to pay a development fee.

Hopefully he will sign a new deal and continue to improve and make some money for the club in a few years time.

3 hours ago, Koolkeith said:

I'd be wanting to know if I was going to be stuck in the Championship for a few years too. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

From this, above ^

53 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Where did you get this from? I never mentioned  another club just that he has apparently rejected a new contract.

That’s where. Unless I’ve misunderstood what you meant by his agent being asked about his availability. I assume you mean another team?

Anyway, if Bongo is correct as per below, then I’d be disappointed that he isn’t signing a contract extension to make sure we get decent compensation should he divide his future lies elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Edited by Beast Boy

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'd be wanting to know if I was going to be stuck in the Championship for a few years too. 

He played a part in us being stuck there. I’d sooner he signed a contract extension, played his ***** off to get us promoted, and then earned his move, and us some compensation.

Edited by Beast Boy

2 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

The way we handle contracts for youth is awful.

Maybe not a happy place to work for. No idea otherwise unless it's down to the money being offered. 

WoolfordsHearts
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I don't like the sound of that.

brunstanejambo

This place does make me laugh at times. Only kickback could turn a good news story about a young player living the dream (playing for his boyhood club /getting a call up to the national U21 squad) into a conspiracy about him leaving on a free.

Will he leave Hearts at some point in the future? Probably, but let's hope that's not for a few years yet.

I'm pretty sure at this point in time he'll want nothing more than to play regularly and get promoted so that he can play for us in the top division once again.

Good luck to him with the 21s, and looking forward to having him back in the middle of the park for us afterwards. We certainly need someone with his passing ability after yesterday's display. 

We do seem to have a bit of an issue with contracts. Whenever we have a player who makes a big impression or is rated highly, they always seem to be imminently out of contract. By the same token, all our underperforming players seem to be signed up for years.

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

We do seem to have a bit of an issue with contracts. Whenever we have a player who makes a big impression or is rated highly, they always seem to be imminently out of contract. By the same token, all our underperforming players seem to be signed up for years.

Indeed. Don’t talk about I though. The poster before you doesn’t want it discussed despite him apparently turning down a contract extension and being out of contract in the summer. 🙄

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Beast Boy said:

Indeed. Don’t talk about I though. The poster before you doesn’t want it discussed despite him apparently turning down a contract extension and being out of contract in the summer. 🙄

I would not too much into it at the moment. Lets not vilify the player yet. 

To be fair, the fact that last year we managed to persuade Harry Stone to sign a contract when he had great offers from bigger teams, and now Callum Flatman has signed for us instead of going down south suggests we are doing some things right with regards to youth contracts. I would want to see our best young players getting a few year contract but it is not easy in a market which some clubs can just throw money at young players which to us is too much but to those clubs is pocket change. It can also be a risk giving a young player who has broken through and looks promising a long contract. They could not reach the level of the first few games and mean we are left holding a player. Or it could be like Hickey, we sign a player at 16 who is using us as a springboard to get first team football then move on, so we can only offer a maximum of 3 years at 16 and the player is not interested in signing past that.

I do hope Irving signs a new contract, though if he does I think we will only have for no more than just over a year and a half.