• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beast Boy

• CloustonHMFC

• Last Laff

• kimosavi

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

No. He's declining for sure but age and injuries do that to everyone. Still a hugely important player on the pitch and in the dressing room. 

Well if he isn't he is doing a good impression of it. We really need his skills and leadership, but sadly the only skill he has is pointing....

Салатные палочки
2 minutes ago, Ernie Eskilsson said:

I hope not but he’s not played a decent game in 2020. Both his passing and finishing have been very poor.

I've noticed his finishing has become really poor. Lots off target and sclaffed shots. Those saying to move him up front when on the same pitch as Walker clearly haven't seen that. 

wattie exploited

hope not but he aint no where near fit enough right now it seemed then it could be the plastic pitch as it looked terrible:rifle:

Could well be , been a long time since he's had a decent game for us . 

Maybe needs to forget about other peoples game and concentrate on improving  his  , which has been well below the level he's capable of . 

Just now, wattie exploited said:

hope not but he aint no where near fit enough right now it seemed then it could be the plastic pitch as it looked terrible:rifle:

He's in for a shock when he looks at our fixture list then!

wattie exploited
1 minute ago, Gone said:

He's in for a shock when he looks at our fixture list then!

:10600: good point as there are a few of them :rifle:

Wasn't great v ICT and was completely missing today 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully its not a sign of things to come and I am not ready to give up on him just yet.

Too early to say yes or no for sure. He's been poor but nothing to say that after a run of games and bit of sharpness he won't pick back up again.

28 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

Well if he isn't he is doing a good impression of it. We really need his skills and leadership, but sadly the only skill he has is pointing....

You're not far of the mark. If he concentrated solely on his own game as opposed to coaching everyone else, he might improve his own performance. I have always said it but for the money he is getting I think we could get 2 players in who would improve the squad.

1 minute ago, David Black said:

You're not far of the mark. If he concentrated solely on his own game as opposed to coaching everyone else, he might improve his own performance. I have always said it but for the money he is getting I think we could get 2 players in who would improve the squad.

Agree entirely, and the worrying thing is he has years left on his contract!

I think for the big wage he's on we would be better off punting him. Free up his wage by bringing in someone who will A) give us 90 mins consistently and B) won't be consistently out of the side with niggly injuries  

Are we forgetting that he missed most of pre-season with a wee injury?

It'll take him another 2 or 3 games to get up to speed.

5 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

Are we forgetting that he missed most of pre-season with a wee injury?

It'll take him another 2 or 3 games to get up to speed.

This 

27 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Could well be , been a long time since he's had a decent game for us . 

Maybe needs to forget about other peoples game and concentrate on improving  his  , which has been well below the level he's capable of . 

Very frustrating watching him coaching , cajoling ,pointing at other players when he’s miles off it , we don’t have time for a slow start ,hope I’m wrong but should not be starting 

Kidd’s Boots

He's certainly a shadow at the moment, time will tell how quick it will take for him to catch up with himself. The rotation in the forward line didn't help him in the first 2 games, each position showed how far behind he is, and not just fitness. RN may have to manage him wisely for the next few weeks

Every single year people lose their minds over performances in these pre-season cups.

Whilst it is very weird that we are still doing pre-season in October, it is was it is.

His day will come eventually, as it does for everyone. I'd wait until he has had a run of games before making any judgements. Our preperation for this season was almost* deliberately messed with this season. Not sure we should be pointing fingers internally for this.

*Chose where you stand on the foil hat/realist continuum on this one.

Undecided. Not looking promising though. Pretty sure we would be able to get a better striker in for same or less money. Is Shankland paid more than Naismith ? 😆

52 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Toytown plastic pitch 

was wondering about Naismith and plastic pitches. Not going down the 'he's done' rabbit hole as I think that is preposterous but I think I recall an issue with him last season on the plastic. Is that an issue for him/how many games are we actually facing on artificial pitches? Reality is we have to play on the them regardless of what our preference is so we need to find a way of making it work...

Certainly not good enough for Scotland anymore but should be ok for us in the championship this season 

then may be a squad player next year

If a good player constantly plays shit, surely he is just a shit player until they prove otherwise. Until then he is just an ex good player.

Hasn't done anything so far to suggest he is any better than Wighton, which is how shit he has been.

A player who can barely run should not be on the pitch nevermind capitan.

Edited by jambopilms

Far better with him out the team, been saying for ages he is a total waste of wages. Money could be spent far better on someone young and hungry

In his whole Hearts career, he has arguably only shown consistent form for the first 15 or so games at the start of 2018/19. 

Overall I think that he has been a poor value for money signing.

He doesn’t look fit to me so I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt. Neilson can’t be happy with that performance today though.