How many jobs do the privileged actually need?

highlandjambo3

highlandjambo3

Sorry for the rant but, that arse piece (my opinion) schofield now appearing in a new version of the cube....So, breakfast tv, we buy any car, dancing on ice and now the cube.....all above the minimum wage as well.  People loosing their jobs left right and centre as well.  Aye but they will tell you they are critical workers entertaining us through these difficult times.

Who else:

Ben Shepherd

Feel free to add, there are a few out there.

15 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Sorry for the rant but, that arse piece (my opinion) schofield now appearing in a new version of the cube....So, breakfast tv, we buy any car, dancing on ice and now the cube.....all above the minimum wage as well.  People loosing their jobs left right and centre as well.  Aye but they will tell you they are critical workers entertaining us through these difficult times.

Who else:

Ben Shepherd

Aye its ridiculous. 

Then again if it was Holly.... 😎

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Carol Vorderman the voice of loan companies, over 50 death cover, equity withdrawal schemes. 

Something has to pay for those regular pap updates. 

Guess the execs believe folks actually want him polluting their screens, etc. Not sure who he appeals to tbqh. :nah:

manaliveits105
19 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Who else:

Ben Shepherd

Phil just likes to widen his circle :oohmatron:

highlandjambo3

WTF with the title...... “name” ? eh... that should read “many”.....I defo typed many......am no even Schindler's List yet......wait till later though.

doctor jambo
30 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Who else:

Ben Shepherd

Holly Willoughby- everything, as long as there is a male beside her to cover up her lack of talent.

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Holly Willoughby- everything, as long as there is a male beside her to cover up her lack of talent.

See when she covered the jungle celebrity thing a while back.......you know that contestants are allowed a certain number of “close family” staying at the top hotel they end up at when they are voted out, well she had 20 odd people with her in that hotel including her hair dresser and, the return flight home with her hubby & skidz was a private chartered plane......... they really have no idea.

40 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Who else:

Ben Shepherd

I think they are contracted to ITV and they do several shows for the one payment. Don’t think they get extra per show. Might be wrong but sure I heard that. 

1 minute ago, spirt of 98 said:

I think they are contracted to ITV and they do several shows for the one payment. Don’t think they get extra per show. Might be wrong but sure I heard that. 

I think you are correct, I don't think they get paid extra for the number of shows they do, but more have to front x number of programmes as per their contract.

Adverts would be extra money.

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Not to sure about that and, I’m definitely not in the know but........I’d be surprised if schofields boss said to him......”hey Scrote (or words to that effect), I want you to do a show called the cube and by the way, we’re not paying you anything for doing it”.

manaliveits105

Said on another thread James Martin must have made a fortune out of lockdown he is never off the telly these days 

highlandjambo3
6 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Said on another thread James Martin must have made a fortune out of lockdown he is never off the telly these days 

Putting on the pounds as well.......mind you, if I was knocking out top quality scran on a daily basis on tv I’d guess I would turn into a bat fastard in no time.

8 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not to sure about that and, I’m definitely not in the know but........I’d be surprised if schofields boss said to him......”hey Scrote (or words to that effect), I want you to do a show called the cube and by the way, we’re not paying you anything for doing it”.

I think it would be in his contract that he presents a certain number of programmes.

The BBC are seemingly after him when his current contract ends with ITV.

Here is a key sentence.

"He’s become a prime target for the BBC who think he would be the perfect face for a number of new shows"

https://www.newschain.uk/lifestyle/bbc-looking-steal-phillip-schofield-away-itv-presenters-contract-nears-end-16932

A number of new shows.......I'm reading that as he'd sign a contract to present lets say 4 different shows, rather than doing one programme and then adding other programmes with extra pay as he goes along. 

I don't think that's the way it would work, more likely to be that he's contracted to present x number of shows from day one.

Not ITK in anyway.

Ron Burgundy
51 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Something has to pay for those regular pap updates. 

She gets better the older she gets and her fun bags on the latest advert look tremendous.

highlandjambo3
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I think it would be in his contract that he presents a certain number of programmes.

The BBC are seemingly after him when his current contract ends with ITV.

Here is a key sentence.

"He’s become a prime target for the BBC who think he would be the perfect face for a number of new shows"

https://www.newschain.uk/lifestyle/bbc-looking-steal-phillip-schofield-away-itv-presenters-contract-nears-end-16932

A number of new shows.......I'm reading that as he'd sign a contract to present lets say 4 different shows, rather than doing one programme and then adding other programmes with extra pay as he goes along. 

I don't think that's the way it would work, more likely to be that he's contracted to present x number of shows from day one.

Not ITK in anyway.

Ok...fair point.......still an arse piece though 😉

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Who else:

Ben Shepherd

Douglas Ross, ****ing hopeless at all three. 

Auld Reekin'
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Douglas Ross, ****ing hopeless at all three. 

:icon14:

Michael Buerk is currently top of my shit-pile for this sort of thing with the commemorative coin TV advert he's appearing in just now. He's now retired and a pensioner but presumably thinks it's fine to promote a worthless product in an advert which is blatantly and cynically targeting other pensioners. The ad. is yet another one trying to part OAPs from significant wedges of their savings and will result in them being pestered for the rest of their days by the company in question and by the many others who they'll sell-on their "mugs list" to.

Feckin' parasites who should be ashamed of themselves...

Lone Striker

Ant & Dec.   Can anyone explain how they keep winning a TV award year after  year ?    If their Saturday night p1sh is the best "entertainment" on TV,  then the dafties who vote  have clearly been zapped by an alien mind-altering raygun.      Maybe it's just a reflection on the increasing amount of guff the BBC are showing on a Saturday night. 

And now Santander have spent a mega-fortune to get them to do ridiculous ads.

Susan Calman now popping up on every channel - tbf, she's got personality and is mildly humourous.  Soon to be labelled "over-exposed" most likely.

34 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Ant & Dec.   Can anyone explain how they keep winning a TV award year after  year ?    If their Saturday night p1sh is the best "entertainment" on TV,  then the dafties who vote  have clearly been zapped by an alien mind-altering raygun.      Maybe it's just a reflection on the increasing amount of guff the BBC are showing on a Saturday night. 

Susan Calman now popping up on every channel - tbf, she's got personality and is mildly humourous.  Soon to be labelled "over-exposed" most likely.

Susan Calman is awful.

Pasquale for King
58 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Michael Buerk is currently top of my shit-pile for this sort of thing with the commemorative coin TV advert he's appearing in just now. He's now retired and a pensioner but presumably thinks it's fine to promote a worthless product in an advert which is blatantly and cynically targeting other pensioners. The ad. is yet another one trying to part OAPs from significant wedges of their savings and will result in them being pestered for the rest of their days by the company in question and by the many others who they'll sell-on their "mugs list" to.

Spot on, for a piece of worthless shit that their descendants will get less than what they paid for it. 

2 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Do you remember the out cry couple of years ago about the salaries celebs were getting I think that when it came out about the salary and fact they have to do several shows for the salary. 

Most of them do off screen homers as well. Little corporate videos for companies, personal appearances, after dinner speeches etc. All of which pay a pretty penny, I’ve worked on loads of events with guest presenters and it’s normally newsreaders. And on one occasion the absolute knob that is Nick Knowles, absolute helmet of a man. 

highlandjambo3

Wasn’t it mentioned recently that Garry Lineker was top of the pundit pay list at 1.5million?  I think he took a drop to 1.2 million.....poor sole, how will he survive.......maybe he could fall back on some cheap crisp advert or something....another smug arse.

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

I'll stop you right there. She's about as humourous as genital warts. Her adverts are cringeworthy and her stand-up is worse. 

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Aye - these commemorative coin things are like a legal scam.   Sounds like it's the Royal Mint's way of raising money from the gullible public  - the equivalent of the government issuing bonds  to the BoE or NS&I with a notional future return in exchange for hard cash today.

Parky used to adverts for an life assurance company aimed at OAPs  ..... apparently they'd send you a Parker pen just for applying.  Whoooopeee.

3 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Aye - these commemorative coin things are like a legal scam.   Sounds like it's the Royal Mint's way of raising money from the gullible public  - the equivalent of the government issuing bonds  to the BoE or NS&I with a notional future return in exchange for hard cash today.

Parky used to adverts for an life assurance company aimed at OAPs  ..... apparently they'd send you a Parker pen just for applying.  Whoooopeee.

then you got a choice of a parker pen or a clock with sun life

Lone Striker
41 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Most of them do off screen homers as well. Little corporate videos for companies, personal appearances, after dinner speeches etc. All of which pay a pretty penny, I’ve worked on loads of events with guest presenters and it’s normally newsreaders. And on one occasion the absolute knob that is Nick Knowles, absolute helmet of a man. 

Good shout there. Yes, big companies sales awards dinner stuff.  Even charity dinners and fashion shows.  Dougie Vipond,  Lorraine Kelly, Jackie Bird  etc... probably anyone who's ever appeared on Loose Women.   

Lone Striker
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

then you got a choice of a parker pen or a clock with sun life

Ahh .... Sun Life.   Should be renamed Sunset Death, considering who they're aiming their advert at. 😲

• Maple Leaf changed the title to How many jobs do the privileged actually need?