Rishi Sunak's Re-trainometer

hughesie27

The Gov have a handy tool that after 5 or so minutes of questions will tell you what sector you should be working in. Pick one of them and answer 2 or 3 more questions and it will give you a list of specific roles.

Mines was spot on with what I do (Care Sector) although did suggest I would make a decent Funeral Director.

https://beta.nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The Gov have a handy tool that after 5 or so minutes of questions will tell you what sector you should be working in. Pick one of them and answer 2 or 3 more questions and it will give you a list of specific roles.

Mines was spot on with what I do (Care Sector) although did suggest I would make a decent Funeral Director.

https://beta.nationalcareers.service.gov.uk/

Probably a conflict of interest if you take that up as a side hustle. :lol: 

Everything it suggested for me was in the industry I already work in. And the only reason I’d be looking for a new career is because that industry is in free fall because of COVID regulations. Nice one. 

What a load of pxxh, might well be your ideal job  but do you have qualifications etc !!

Edited by steve123

4 minutes ago, steve123 said:

What a load of pxxh, might well be your ideal job  but do you have qualifications etc !!

:wtf:

17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

:wtf:

It could say I could be a doctor or any number of other things but if I don't have qualifications for it what use is that ? 

Edited by steve123

23 minutes ago, steve123 said:

It could say I could be a doctor or any number of other things but if I don't have qualifications for it what use is that ? 

Clue is in the title.

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That seemed absolutely useless and miles off.  Even when I gave extra answers it was still out by a long way.

It's not designed to predict what sector you work in.

16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It's not designed to predict what sector you work in.

I've wasn't talking about sector - I've used my skills in many sectors, but was quite far off the category of Software Development.

Edited by frankblack

7 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I've wasn't talking about sector - I've used my skills in many sectors, but was quite far of the category of Software Development.

What are you on about? It's not designed to reflect any role you have or had. It is designed to tell you what it thinks you would be a good match in.

If it happens to get it similar to anyones job then according to the algorithm they have made some good life choices I guess.

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

What are you on about? It's not designed to reflect any role you have or had. It is designed to tell you what it thinks you would be a good match in.

If it happens to get it similar to anyones job then according to the algorithm they have made some good life choices I guess.

I think I'd be a good football manager too, but I ain't going to get a job in it.

Just now, frankblack said:

I think I'd be a good football manager too, but I ain't going to get a job in it.

I think you and steve123 are missing the point of it.

Just now, hughesie27 said:

I think you and steve123 are missing the point of it.

No, I think we are in agreement it is pointless.

I went through similar questionaires at school and one predicted I'd be a shepherd!

3 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I went through similar questionaires at school and one predicted I'd be a shepherd!

Predicted you'd be a good shepherd* 

Hmmm, circus performer, school matron or bomb disposal technician.

To be fair it did also come up with my actual job.

7 hours ago, steve123 said:

Auch I don't know, there's one masquerading on JKB. Can't be that hard to shout NEXT! 

Edited by ri Alban

Almost everything, so as useless as the school careers officer, who when I told them I didn't know what I wanted to do, had me look through a massive box of cards about different jobs.

9 hours ago, frankblack said:

That is the point! Sunak has told people who have lost their jobs to re-train as something else and this little tool is giving people ridiculous suggestions. Middle aged people being advised to be boxers etc.

You got the point of the tool, but missed the point of the thread.

doctor jambo
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Auch I don't know, there's one masquerading on JKB. Can't be that hard to shout NEXT! 

I went through the questions, and it simply said

" dont bother, as nobody on JKB will believe you anyway":cornette_dog:

1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

That is the point! Sunak has told people who have lost their jobs to re-train as something else and this little tool is giving people ridiculous suggestions. Middle aged people being advised to be boxers etc.

You got the point of the tool, but missed the point of the thread.

I've since seen the likes of Stuart Braithwaite of Mogwai post he got predicted as a Boxer!

I went through it all and it said “ Don’t bother because with all these lockdowns there’ll not be many jobs left” thanks for taking the time though.

10 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Boxer. I'm delighted to announce I've just signed with Matchroom. Let's go! 

Put on some pounds you might get to fight Anthony Joshua before Fury does

I'm sure they'll simply assign jobs to the unemployed working class.

All working on the state collectivised farms as kicking out all the people that talk funny has robbed the farming sector of staff.

Who needs a culture or hospitality industry when you can have everybody howking tatties instead.

:fonzie:

It came up with pimp, drug mule and contract killer for me. I'm not sure if I fancy a career change at my time in life though.

My friend trained as a programmer and is now doing very well for himself in an IT company and he got “beauty and wellbeing and animal care” :lol: 

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I think they're trying to tell me something :rofl: 

image.thumb.png.23a40af7bddaf92bc399944cfbe8c10a.png

The missus got brewery worker too.

8 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

Almost everything, so as useless as the school careers officer, who when I told them I didn't know what I wanted to do, had me look through a massive box of cards about different jobs.

Haha. I remember those boxes of cards. Looking back, some of the adults you had to deal with at school were dafter than the kids. 

Greedy Jambo

I remember the school career's officer asking me what i want to do when i leave, 

That was around 1997 and i still can't answer that question. 

Might just turn back up at school on Monday and see what they say. 

Sit there with a full on beard. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Did anyone else do "Jigcal" at school?

It was a computer program (this was 1986 so you imagine how advanced it was!) that gave you guidance on careers, what a load o' pish😅😅

Greedy Jambo
2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Did anyone else do "Jigcal" at school?

It was a computer program (this was 1986 so you imagine how advanced it was!) that gave you guidance on careers, what a load o' pish😅😅

Nut, but i remember the computing teacher taking my greenday album off me and calling her a thief infront of the class. 

Ended up having to stand in the corridor. 

4 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I remember the school career's officer asking me what i want to do when i leave, 

That was around 1997 and i still can't answer that question. 

Might just turn back up at school on Monday and see what they say. 

Sit there with a full on beard. 

That was me in 1981.

I didn't officially leave, I just stopped going after my last exam. It's only my fear of a massive detention that's stopping me going back. 

Greedy Jambo
4 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

That was me in 1981.

I didn't officially leave, I just stopped going after my last exam. It's only my fear of a massive detention that's stopping me going back. 

I think we should start our own business.