• dannymack

• Maroon Sailor

• PortyBeach

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haveyouheard1874
20 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

73760-E41-E2-CA-4-CF4-B77-F-884472033-BF

Just look at that awesome away support from Hearts cant ever remember the wee team doing that at Tynie, ever ..Fantastic picture 

4 minutes ago, haveyouheard1874 said:

Just look at that awesome away support from Hearts cant ever remember the wee team doing that at Tynie, ever ..Fantastic picture 

And the strip looks like 1978, 79 ish when we really poor.  

haveyouheard1874

Was thinking maybe a couple of yrs later but dont honestly know..Loved those days as a youngster,, it was also a cracking site after the game when thousands upon thousands of Hearts fans  left ER, usually singing merrily away in celebration  

maroonlegions
4 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

Is that the Bannon winner at Arbroath that got us promoted?  

If it is i was there, right behind that goal, always remember him rising like a salmon, connecting his head with the ball and it hitting the back of the onion bag. Cue bedlam , polis had dugs in front of us, well i was in the gathering of the Gorgie Fist".. Had been a few meaty exchanges with the polis but nothing major....

PortonianJambo
On 15/01/2021 at 20:14, Angel eyes said:

70-FF9-B46-32-F1-4-A77-B3-BE-BC266-B22-D

Definitely Peter Oliver second from left.Used to have Jimmy Johnstone in his back pocket every time we played Celtic.

On 17/01/2021 at 11:02, Angel eyes said:

73760-E41-E2-CA-4-CF4-B77-F-884472033-BF

Bit of a gap above Jim Browns head no doubt a small altercation had probably just taken place with Lothains finest mental days

On 17/01/2021 at 11:15, Tommy Brown said:

That's what I thought, but it's a pub I don't recall ever being in.

In the late 80s Willie Irvine had in there too, Irish name escaping me.

Used to have a laugh with him.

Irvine had Blythe Spirit for a while. But Willie Irvine laugh??? Never laughed in his life.

SectionDJambo
15 hours ago, Rizla said:

Any idea the year?

Those nets were used in the early 70s,  I think. Hard to make out any of the players to give a further clue.

Looks to be early in the season, so possibly a League Cup section match. I remember being at one where Kevin Hegarty scored for Hearts at the school end, but I think we lost 2-1.

On 18/01/2021 at 20:01, maroonlegions said:

If it is i was there, right behind that goal, always remember him rising like a salmon, connecting his head with the ball and it hitting the back of the onion bag. Cue bedlam , polis had dugs in front of us, well i was in the gathering of the Gorgie Fist".. Had been a few meaty exchanges with the polis but nothing major....

I was on the North Sea side of the ground that day. I remember the Polis letting the dogs of their leads and the dogs running into the crowd, the opposite end of where Eammon scored, and just biting Hearts supporters at their leisure.

Looking bad, I dont blame them. Hearts support had a fearful/ bad reputation and it was well merited.

Still that day was the first time I drank champagne on the SCAB Hearts supporters bus.

10 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Those nets were used in the early 70s,  I think. Hard to make out any of the players to give a further clue.

Looks to be early in the season, so possibly a League Cup section match. I remember being at one where Kevin Hegarty scored for Hearts at the school end, but I think we lost 2-1.

Thanks for that Section D and for posting the pic Angel eyes.

brings back memories when I first started going with my old man, very late 60’s-early 70’s.

crossing the wee bridge at the back of the Hearts badge above the tunnel.

On 05/10/2020 at 17:47, maroonlegions said:

1981;   

Liddle Hamill McDonald shields porter Strickland west water Brough Kidd plenderleith mackay Mcdonald j Robertson More Marinello mclaren Bowman Pettigrew Scott F Liddell Gauls Smith Borthwick C Robertson

FTH.

120805515_3030465680398750_4847676982775909362_n.jpg

showed this to the boss today and it was a quite entertaining 20 minutes listening to his memories , He is bringing loads of his stuff in for me to look at (letters,contracts etc ) Can't wait to see them . My boss is Scott Maxwell third from right HHGH 

On 05/10/2020 at 21:51, George Cowie said:

Two photos from a camera that was until a couple of years ago dumped in my attic - undeveloped !

I'd forgotten what was on it - it was that fateful day - :(

08CBBA49-A038-4699-8D02-804B9E6BA9A7.jpeg

6CF61B03-1005-4972-99D3-9D3F3CB68110.jpeg

🤣 Pretty sure that is a relative of mine that has stopped the kind officer to ask for directions. 

haveyouheard1874
1 minute ago, Angel eyes said:

Eric Shaedler? Spelling is ropey sorry.

Thinking that might be the 4-1 game i was at as a kid

2 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Eric Shaedler? Spelling is ropey sorry.

I agree Eric Schaedler possibly the 4-1 game September 1973.

On 12/10/2020 at 20:45, Pans Jambo said:

Well I hear what youre saying but pink & yellow hoops are not really “our colours”. 

I'm sure that they are the colours of the Earl of Roseberry who was a patron of the Hearts 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Schaedler scored a cracking header that day........

He certainly did at the Gorgie Road End to give us a 1-0 HT lead.

Howdy Doody Jambo
16 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

81-E4418-D-A05-F-4-B40-9793-A2-B29446-DD

Robbo, Pat Byrne, Derek Strickland,?, Mackay and Brough, anybody know? 

5 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

58-BAF080-D934-4-CF0-9-EC2-E76335-BA53-C

In my formative Hearts years he was a god! But after 0-7 rumours circulated that he had ‘not prepared properly’ for the match.
Obviously I was guttted after that match and because of the rumours circulating about him it was a ‘pivotable’ moment and rightly or wrongly I never felt the same about him.

PS Hopefully the rumours were wrong but I don’t think they were ever addressed by the media or individuals so there is still that lingering doubt after all these years.

Fxxx the SPFL
On 21/01/2021 at 20:17, haveyouheard1874 said:

Kenny Aird no sure who the hobo is 

defo Eric Schaedler poor guy committed suicide think he moved to Peebles and shot himself if i remember correctly

15 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Christ knows what this one is about and how it happened. 
Jimmy Bone and Ella Fitzgerald. 

66CE212C-2F86-4510-A687-3C6BF95C3404.jpeg

Pic taken when he was in Toronto with T. Blizzard.

Just now, robert cook said:

Here is a photo of Freddie Glidden taken by my father in the 1950s at Buckie Thistle before the Scottish Cup match. This was when no pitch inspections were required.

Freddie Glidden.jpg

Just now, robert cook said:

Here is a photo of Freddie Glidden taken by my father in the 1950s at Buckie Thistle before the Scottish Cup match. This was when no pitch inspections were required.

Freddie Glidden.jpg

Here is another taken at the Annual Whitburn and Blackburn Hearts Supporters' Social. At the table are Johnnie Cummings and Freddie Glidden 

hearts supporters annual social.jpg

WoolfordsHearts
52 minutes ago, robert cook said:

Here is another taken at the Annual Whitburn and Blackburn Hearts Supporters' Social. At the table are Johnnie Cummings and Freddie Glidden 

hearts supporters annual social.jpg

What a cracking photograph.👍

Newmains and Carnwaths finest.