• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tommy Brown

• AllyjamboDerbyshire

• wattie exploited

• luckydug

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Paolo said:

You actually can cancel via your bank.  Some banks say this and push you to the merchant,  but you are entitled to cancel via your bank if the merchant is not cooperating.    If your bank say different they are wrong. 

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/recurring-payments/

As I  say, it was a long time ago, but even with your update, unlike a direct debit, you can't just log into your bank account to cancel the monthly payment and you are still left having to chase the payee up as a first resort and possibly getting the run around. I'm not suggesting Premier would be difficult, just that if you wish to cancel your contract it could lead to a bit more effort than if the payments were made by direct debit. The first step to cancel yourq Premier contract is to phone or email, and we all know how emails can go missing/be delayed by businesses with a vested interest in lost emails.

Gimme an H...

Is the code FOOTBALL1? Has that worked for folk doing the £11.99 monthly on the online player?

29 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

As I  say, it was a long time ago, but even with your update, unlike a direct debit, you can't just log into your bank account to cancel the monthly payment and you are still left having to chase the payee up as a first resort and possibly getting the run around. I'm not suggesting Premier would be difficult, just that if you wish to cancel your contract it could lead to a bit more effort than if the payments were made by direct debit. The first step to cancel yourq Premier contract is to phone or email, and we all know how emails can go missing/be delayed by businesses with a vested interest in lost emails.

It is more hassle, but if you phone your bank, they legally have to stop it if you tell them too.  Hopefully Premier will be easy to deal with, though. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Paolo said:

It is more hassle, but if you phone your bank, they legally have to stop it if you tell them too.  Hopefully Premier will be easy to deal with, though. 

Hopefully everyone who wants to will find it easy to cancel, there really should be no problem, but...

As I say, it's the hassle rather than the thought you might end up with a Premier Sports service that doesn't have 2, or even 1, Hearts matches per month.

Not signed up yet as not sure I’ll be home in time, if I do it tomorrow after work will it come on my sky tv instantly after payment is made?

Central Belt 1874

Got it for £1 via Sky. Thanks for the heads up on this.

Wont be any issues for me cancelling with a wife who has significant expertise in the complaints sector! 

Central Belt 1874
1 minute ago, hunts said:

Not signed up yet as not sure I’ll be home in time, if I do it tomorrow after work will it come on my sky tv instantly after payment is made?

Instantly for me just now. 

We Can But Worry

i signed up for a £ last night on my skyq box.  Works upstairs and downstairs which is great.  Been trying to login to the app and on laptop too through the premier player but no joy.  Anyone know how to do this?  Someone earlier said its a different username and password?

Captain Price
50 minutes ago, sassenach said:

Just tried to do this via the Premier Sports app on my mobile. It's saying the voucher code is invalid or expired.

It won't let me proceed without removing the code, so I can't do what Wattie did and use it anyway. Looks like I'm too late.

Exactly the same for me.

22 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Just signed up.......looks like I paid £11.99....... no worries, get to watch 3 games then I’ll cancel.

Might be worth keeping for a while in case we go on a run in this Cup. 

Knock out rounds may be exclusive to Premier Sports. 

5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Same problem here. Trying to use online service only as I don't have Sky. Can anyone help? My son is desperate to watch tonight!

It's the £11.99 option you have to select. 

Just complete the form and you will see the box for the code. Enter FOOTBALL1

has to be upper case and no spaces. 

There is a bit of security stuff after this  but just persevere you'll get there. 

Gimme an H...

I couldn't get the FOOTBALL1 code to work for the online player option.

Tried the same code for the Sky box subscription and it's went through no problem for £1. I'm sure I read on the confirmation screen that as part of the sky subscription I get the online player also but so far been unable to get the app to work.

I don't see an £11.99 option. Only £9.99 for online? Don't have Sky, cancelled it years ago!

Edited by ibpc

highlandjambo3
3 minutes ago, ibpc said:

I don't see an £11.99 option. Only £9.99 for online?

Click the £9.99 option.....it opens another page where you will see £9.99 (6 months) or £11.99 for a month.....click the £11.99 one, although I didn’t get the option of a £1.00 offer....still £11.99 to see 3 games is great 👍

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Despite my (minor) concerns I have relented and signed up to Premier Sports. Pretty easy process and service came up virtually instantly. Got the discount, too. So, I'm watching the Jambos tonight:HeartsManspotrun:

Tip for anyone signing up. Be careful when entering the discount code, FOOTBALL1, and ensure you click APPLY or it doesn't work.

22 minutes ago, Gimme an H... said:

I couldn't get the FOOTBALL1 code to work for the online player option.

Tried the same code for the Sky box subscription and it's went through no problem for £1. I'm sure I read on the confirmation screen that as part of the sky subscription I get the online player also but so far been unable to get the app to work.

You need to go to premierplayer.tv and re-register for the app their  (option on screen to register as an existing Sky user)

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez
8 minutes ago, Ribble said:

You need to go to premierplayer.tv and re-register for the app their  (option on screen to register as an existing Sky user)

Had the same issue but got there in the end. 
Its a bit of a faff though but worth it to see the game tonight 

Noticed they support casting as well. Only Sky that don’t allow this!

Edited by Juan Jose Carricondo Perez

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Bit info for those subscribing through Sky (for the first time). No need to download the app to PC. tablet etc, you get access through the Sky Go App.

Gimme an H...
23 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Nice one. Cheers Ribble.

Actually can't get this to work - keeps saying email already in use...

Edited by Gimme an H...

Wouldn't work for me, said the promo code doesn't exist. I suspect this is because I am a previous subscriber and they recognise my sky viewing card number. Have IPTV though so will just watch it on there.

May have been mentioned previously, but anyone needing to see the full rerun can watch on Freesports 2pm Weds and 1930 Thurs 👍

19 minutes ago, CAR said:

Has this code expired or am I dong something wrong? Has anyone used it this morning and got the deal for £1

Looks like only working for Sky users. I tried for the online player and said code expired.

Berra than you
1 minute ago, jambotea said:

Looks like only working for Sky users. I tried for the online player and said code expired.

Just tried on sky too and still said code expired 

19 minutes ago, CAR said:

Has this code expired or am I dong something wrong? Has anyone used it this morning and got the deal for £1

I consider myself pretty tech-savvy and from what I can tell the code is no longer valid.

I’ve selected all their different payment plans and tried the code and it doesn’t work. Looks like if you can get it via your sky subscription you’ll still get it for a quid but doesn’t look like that’s the case online. Probably to try avoid all of us doing exactly what we’re trying to do.

9 minutes ago, Squirt said:

I consider myself pretty tech-savvy and from what I can tell the code is no longer valid.

I’ve selected all their different payment plans and tried the code and it doesn’t work. Looks like if you can get it via your sky subscription you’ll still get it for a quid but doesn’t look like that’s the case online. Probably to try avoid all of us doing exactly what we’re trying to do.

To be expected from that lot!

PS Just "back" read and Premier Sports are summed up nicely in the exeprience of quite a few.  For everyone who cancels no problem there are others who get rooked.

Edited by colinmaroon

the sub goalie

I tried to subscribe online for my Sky box but got the expired message for the promo code.

Just gave them a call on 0871 663 9000 and they sorted it out quickly and put it through for the £1.

1 hour ago, Berra than you said:

Just tried on sky too and still said code expired 

I done it this morning matey, sky customer, bobby bingo...

Samuel Camazzola
16 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I done it this morning matey, sky customer, bobby bingo...

No idea whtly I get the message stating the code doesn't exist.