Scotland u19 squad

soonbe110

5 hours ago, TheBigO said:

That's a genuinely interesting subject.

Most top national teams have a real mix of immigrants/different races. Look at France and Holland, England too. Brasil is a real melting pot.

When I lived in Morocco they were getting a lot of sub-saharan immigrants. Theory was, in a generation, their athleticism, mixed with the Moroccan technique (which is eye popping by the way, believe me I cldnt even kick them!) and they'll be a force.

Without any politics here, our national game will be better when we have more Scottish kids who don't look and play like Paul Dickov!

Certainly for France, England and Belgium, immigration has clearly had a positive effect on their world status as top International nations. 

IMO John Barnes was probably the most talented player England have ever had. France without Desailly & Thuram wouldn't have won in 98.

Then you look at the Netherlands who have had a big influx of migrants from Suriname, Antilles, North Africa and think that they haven't really hit the heights that they did in the 70's. 

Spain as well, I can't think of many non-Spaniards that contributed to their success. Then again, do many migrants choose Spain and Italy as their destination? I don't know. 

So, yeah I'm sure for us because we're so shit, migration probably will probably have a positive effect for us but for some nations, it hasn't really made a difference. 

Folk complaining about the lack of Hearts involvement, Hickey's stats tells you everything you need to know about their selection policy:

U21 caps - zero

U19 caps - zero

U17 caps - 3

But the lad was being chased by the European champions and is now starting games in Serie A.

Pasquale for King
8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Certainly for France, England and Belgium, immigration has clearly had a positive effect on their world status as top International nations. 

IMO John Barnes was probably the most talented player England have ever had. France without Desailly & Thuram wouldn't have won in 98.

Then you look at the Netherlands who have had a big influx of migrants from Suriname, Antilles, North Africa and think that they haven't really hit the heights that they did in the 70's. 

Spain as well, I can't think of many non-Spaniards that contributed to their success. Then again, do many migrants choose Spain and Italy as their destination? I don't know. 

So, yeah I'm sure for us because we're so shit, migration probably will probably have a positive effect for us but for some nations, it hasn't really made a difference. 

Spain - Puskas, De Stefano, Thiago, Diego Costa, Rodrigo,Ansu Fati who was born in the same place as Scotland’s first black player.

Italy - Giuseppe Rossi, Di Matteo, Perrotta, Jorginho, Gentile, and some guy called Giovanni Moscardino who was born here. 
Not sure about Spain but Italy get a lot of immigrants, from Africa like Moise Kean who has Ivorian parents and Ballotelli off Ghanaian parents. 

We haven’t had much luck with players coming from people who come to settle here. Apart from Billy McNeil of course who’s mum was Lithuanian, her parents cane here after WWII, meaning the first Scot/Brit to lift the European cup was half Lithuanian. You don’t hear many Celtic minded people bigging up that tale of poor immigrant made good. 

Barnes could’ve played for any of the home nations 😱.

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, andrew said:

Folk complaining about the lack of Hearts involvement, Hickey's stats tells you everything you need to know about their selection policy:

U21 caps - zero

U19 caps - zero

U17 caps - 3

But the lad was being chased by the European champions and is now starting games in Serie A.

Rumour has it it’s first team squad or nought by daddy decree 🤫

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spain - Puskas, De Stefano, Thiago, Diego Costa, Rodrigo,Ansu Fati who was born in the same place as Scotland’s first black player.

Italy - Giuseppe Rossi, Di Matteo, Perrotta, Jorginho, Gentile, and some guy called Giovanni Moscardino who was born here. 
Not sure about Spain but Italy get a lot of immigrants, from Africa like Moise Kean who has Ivorian parents and Ballotelli off Ghanaian parents. 

We haven’t had much luck with players coming from people who come to settle here. Apart from Billy McNeil of course who’s mum was Lithuanian, her parents cane here after WWII, meaning the first Scot/Brit to lift the European cup was half Lithuanian. You don’t hear many Celtic minded people bigging up that tale of poor immigrant made good. 

Barnes could’ve played for any of the home nations 😱.

That's not really the same thing tbh. 

That's folk with dual nationality due to heritage. Or, came to the Country as football players and gained citizenship. 

14 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Yes, it clearly was.

I’m not getting into an argument over this. If people believe that I’m being in anyway racist then they can report me. If the mods believe there’s a basis to the report then I’m sure they’ll take the appropriate action.

nothing wrong with your post, I was amused by it👍

12 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, national teams can be a good way to show immigation and changes in a nation. 

As there has been a mention of Adedire "Dire" Mebude, Rangers announced earlier that he is leaving Rangers and joining Man City. He will be the 4th Scot in their U18 team (Liam Smith signed from Kilmarnock, Josh Adam signed from Celtic and Cieran Slicker was already there.)

Agreed, as long as we are not playing the granny rule or getting players that live/brought up in England and consider themselves English.

Especially at these age groups. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Tommy Brown said:

Agreed, as long as we are not playing the granny rule or getting players that live/brought up in England and consider themselves English.

Especially at these age groups. 

Disagree, if it brings us better for the national team I dont mind looking for those kind of players. Its been 22 years since Scotland last played in an international tournament, I want to get to another.

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

That's not really the same thing tbh. 

That's folk with dual nationality due to heritage. Or, came to the Country as football players and gained citizenship. 

What like Thuram who was born in Guadeloupe or Desaily that was born in Accra and moved to France 😆😂🙈?!?!

18 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Cameron Logan only Hearts player included for two games against England next week. If Smith is called up  by NI we are short at right-back for Betfred games. 

Josh Doig is a product of our Youth System though. He jeft us because his dad was told by CL last summer that there was minimal chance of him getting first team football at Hearts short term as Hickey was infront of him. Irony or what.

24 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

What like Thuram who was born in Guadeloupe or Desaily that was born in Accra and moved to France 😆😂🙈?!?!

They immigrated to France . That's the point of the discussion you imbecile.

:vrface:

55 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

Josh Doig is a product of our Youth System though. He jeft us because his dad was told by CL last summer that there was minimal chance of him getting first team football at Hearts short term as Hickey was infront of him. Irony or what.

Yes I’m aware of that. Well done to the boy

13 hours ago, Cruyff said:

In Scotland we have an issue in terms of the origin of immigrants and the relatively low numbers.

England has (or had) immigrants from Pakistan and India (like Scotland) but also loads of other places.  How many non-white English players are of Pakistani or Indian origin? In fact, have England capped a player of Asian ethnicity? 

I'm probably forgetting an exception, but from secondary school (in Edinburgh) I can't remember any black people, not a single person of African or Carribean descent.  There was no potential John Barnes, Desailly, or Thuram.

On top of that, we only have two cities with (barely any) immigration.  Fife must be about 99.9% white ethnicity.

If there is ever a Scottish John Barnes, he'll probably choose to play for Jamaica anyway.  Give himself a chance of playing at a major tournament.