Scotland u19 squad

soonbe110

Cameron Logan only Hearts player included for two games against England next week. If Smith is called up  by NI we are short at right-back for Betfred games. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Cameron Logan only Hearts player included for two games against England next week. If Smith is called up  by NI we are short at right-back for Betfred games. 

I'm surprised that Connor Smith is not called up, unless Arbroath/Hearts have already said no.

Also no Hearts players in the latest U17 squad announced today.

12 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Those traditional Scottish names Tsoanelo Letsosa and Adedire Awokoya-Mebude.

Racial purity ain’t what it used to be eh? 
Whatever happened to proper Scottish names, like Christophe Berra.

4 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Or true Scots like Andy Goram. 

23 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

Oh dear

19 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Get a grip ffs. My post was clearly tongue in cheek 🙄.

Doesn’t take much for people on here to pretend to be offended eh?

1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

It wasn't clear, and as such I doubt people were pretending.

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

38 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I'm not offended. 

5 minutes ago, Boris said:

It wasn't clear, and as such I doubt people were pretending.

Yes, it clearly was.

I’m not getting into an argument over this. If people believe that I’m being in anyway racist then they can report me. If the mods believe there’s a basis to the report then I’m sure they’ll take the appropriate action.

Just now, iantjambo said:

Yes, it clearly was.

I’m not getting into an argument over this. If people believe that I’m being in anyway racist then they can report me. If the mods believe there’s a basis to the report then I’m sure they’ll take the appropriate action.

Personally, I don't think it was clear, perhaps the problem of text rather than the spoken word. But if folk perceived it the way they did, doesn't mean they were pretending.

51 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Those traditional Scottish names Tsoanelo Letsosa and Adedire Awokoya-Mebude.

Just to start with, I don't believe you were being racist, just stating the obvious. 

In the future there will be a lot of Polish, African names etc.. It's probably a good thing. 

The reason why we're absolutely shite is probably because we have all these guid honest Scottish laddies. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Just to start with, I don't believe you were being racist, just stating the obvious. 

In the future there will be a lot of Polish, African names etc.. It's probably a good thing. 

The reason why we're absolutely shite is probably because we have all these guid honest Scottish laddies. 

It certainly is a good thing.

My post was an attempt at humour in which certain posters have tried to imply that I’m being in some way racist.

If I’ve offended these posters then I apologise.

24 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Not a good reflection on the Academy. 

Aaron Hickey probably being allowed to settle in Italy. 

Callum Flatman looking to leave might have gone against him for U17s. A little surprised not to see Leo Watson picked. 

Maybe a good sign there is so much competition. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Aaron Hickey probably being allowed to settle in Italy. 

Callum Flatman looking to leave might have gone against him for U17s. A little surprised not to see Leo Watson picked. 

Maybe a good sign there is so much competition. 

Well at least we've done as well as Ross County. 

Pasquale for King
33 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Not a good reflection on the Academy. 

Just wait a bit longer and it will come good . . . . . apparently 🤷🏾‍♂️🤔?

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Would Brandon not play ?

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Who scouts for Hamilton?

They do give the good youngsters they chose a chance in the first team also, through necessity usually but are always near the top when it comes to graduates playing. Bet they haven’t spent £4m in it either. 

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

I'm surprised that Connor Smith is not called up, unless Arbroath/Hearts have already said no.

Also no Hearts players in the latest U17 squad announced today.

Are the Scotland National youth teams not basically just an excuse to give kids that play for the OF a pat on the head? 

18 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

My post was an attempt at humour in which certain posters have tried to imply that I’m being in some way racist.

No need to apologise ffs nothing wrong with the post 🙄 

21 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

That's a genuinely interesting subject.

Most top national teams have a real mix of immigrants/different races. Look at France and Holland, England too. Brasil is a real melting pot.

When I lived in Morocco they were getting a lot of sub-saharan immigrants. Theory was, in a generation, their athleticism, mixed with the Moroccan technique (which is eye popping by the way, believe me I cldnt even kick them!) and they'll be a force.

Without any politics here, our national game will be better when we have more Scottish kids who don't look and play like Paul Dickov!

38 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Yes, it clearly was.

I wasn’t accusing you of being a racist. If I thought you were I’d have called you it. My reply was just another example of things typed don’t convey tone, as Boris pointed out. 
I was clumsily attempting something like the old joke about people going on holiday and moaning about foreign food and being desperate for some “proper food” like pizza. 

14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They do give the good youngsters they chose a chance in the first team also, through necessity usually but are always near the top when it comes to graduates playing. Bet they haven’t spent £4m in it either. 

Imagine we spent a million a year on established players. After 4 years, what a team you may have. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Most top national teams have a real mix of immigrants/different races. Look at France and Holland, England too. Brasil is a real melting pot.

When I lived in Morocco they were getting a lot of sub-saharan immigrants. Theory was, in a generation, their athleticism, mixed with the Moroccan technique (which is eye popping by the way, believe me I cldnt even kick them!) and they'll be a force.

Without any politics here, our national game will be better when we have more Scottish kids who don't look and play like Paul Dickov!

Absolutely, it’s not like we’ve not had a mixture right from the beginning. A black man called Andrew Watson from Demerara in British Guyana was the first to play football. Scotland wore the colours of the Earl of Roseberry who went on to be PM  was our honorary president. He also donated the a Roseberry Charity cup which we dominated by winning it 32 times in 52 finals over 60 years. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Watson_(footballer,_born_1856)

A555FBD9-B08E-400B-AFD3-C0E8DCB4C087.jpeg

6D7AF3F6-0A2A-4C28-8D63-ACCCBE2C78C8.jpeg

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Imagine we spent a million a year on established players. After 4 years, what a team you may have. 

Yeah but that wouldn’t give jobs for the boys would it, and justify your own job obviously. 
Time for it to deliver, or changes should be made.  

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Gone said:

Nice to see former first minister Jack McConnell finding a new career

That’s what I thought, was pretty shit at the other one, sure he’s from the other side though 😱

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah but that wouldn’t give jobs for the boys would it, and justify your own job obviously. 
Time for it to deliver, or changes should be made.  

Complete waste of time and money. 

35 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Same with about half dozen other players or more 

Yep, but if Smith and Logan are off on international duty 5-14 Oct Brandon is all we have at right back for three Betfred games 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep, but if Smith and Logan are off on international duty 5-14 Oct Brandon is all we have at right back for three Betfred games 

Garuccio has played there in the reserves in the past, when we were struggling at RB due to injuries last year. I think Moore might end up as a RB to be honest, he’s played LWB for the first team. 

33 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Absolutely, it’s not like we’ve not had a mixture right from the beginning. A black man called Andrew Watson from Demerara in British Guyana was the first to play football. Scotland wore the colours of the Earl of Roseberry who went on to be PM  was our honorary president. He also donated the a Roseberry Charity cup which we dominated by winning it 32 times in 52 finals over 60 years. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Watson_(footballer,_born_1856)

A555FBD9-B08E-400B-AFD3-C0E8DCB4C087.jpeg

6D7AF3F6-0A2A-4C28-8D63-ACCCBE2C78C8.jpeg

Not that it isn’t great that Scotland fielded the first black internationalist in football history, but the second black player to turn out for Scotland was Nigel Quashie, a mere 123 years later. Which doesn’t make us seem quite so cosmopolitan.

Scotland isn’t exactly known for ethnic diversity, of course. The first black Scotland player actually born in Scotland was Chris Iwelumo. He and Ikechi Anya may be the only two to date.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Not that it isn’t great that Scotland fielded the first black internationalist in football history, but the second black player to turn out for Scotland was Nigel Quashie, a mere 123 years later. Which doesn’t make us seem quite so cosmopolitan.

Scotland isn’t exactly known for ethnic diversity, of course. The first black Scotland player actually born in Scotland was Chris Iwelumo. He and Ikechi Anya may be the only two to date.

Absolutely, I just love the story of Watson and the results in his three caps. There was this guy Paul Wilson who was born in India. I’m not sure how many players from ethnic minorities were eligible or good enough. Matt Phillips, Jordan Archer and another defender who I can’t quite place have played recently. 

837EFDF9-70BB-4A2E-A541-0DA849C6B797.jpeg

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Probably be offended by your apology 

Personally love to see guys with these exotic names representing Scotland

Certainly no harm in pointing out that they are , in Scotland at least , exotic names

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Yup, national teams can be a good way to show immigation and changes in a nation. 

As there has been a mention of Adedire "Dire" Mebude, Rangers announced earlier that he is leaving Rangers and joining Man City. He will be the 4th Scot in their U18 team (Liam Smith signed from Kilmarnock, Josh Adam signed from Celtic and Cieran Slicker was already there.)

2 hours ago, iantjambo said:

Cheers 👍🏻

He was right. You had, and have, no reason to apologize for what you typed. Let common sense prevail I say and bullies be damned.  👍