**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

Felix Lighter

Straight red for a bit of a lunge, looked a sore one. Shame for the lad, was doing ok, had a couple of tidy incisive passes.  

Edited by Felix Lighter

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

13 hours ago, Randy Marsh said:

That was really harsh imo.

Mistimed but dangerous none the less. Probably a red imo

Edited by Jeff

Francis Albert

On Hickey's red the ref didn t give a foul and the opposition players did not apparently claim one. Not only the Bologna manager but the opposition manager have said it should never have been a red card and have critised the use of VAR on which the decision was made.

Sounds like he was unfortunate to say the least.

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

On Hickey's red the ref didn t give a foul and the opposition players did not apparently claim one. Not only the Bologna manager but the opposition manager have said it should never have been a red card and have critised the use of VAR on which the decision was made.

Sounds like he was unfortunate to say the least.

https://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2021/02/21/bologna-leap-to-aaron-hickeys-defence-and-slam-var-following-red-card-hearts-news/

Perth to Paisley

Huge win for Internazionle.

It would be phenomenal if Conte could lift the Scudetto.

The league needs a new champion  but its far too soon to rule out Juve.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So basically he's doing better than average across LBs in the top 5 leagues? Or am I reading this wrong?!

Not sure I understand the table but the fact he has played 758 minutes in Serie A is impressive in itself.

For some strange reason some seem to want him to fail. Chat about being back on loan with us next season! 

Glamorgan Jambo
44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not sure I understand the table but the fact he has played 758 minutes in Serie A is impressive in itself.

For some strange reason some seem to want him to fail. Chat about being back on loan with us next season! 

Agreed that’s very impressive to get so many minutes in Serie A in his first season when he was signed initially anyway as back up. Can’t see any way on Earth he’d

come back for a season on loan. His strategy with his career has been clear, to play first team football at the highest possible level as early as possible. Why he came to us from Celtic and why he chose Bologna over Bayern.

Got a few Italian friends and nothing they like more than a red card for a recent signing as a demonstration of that signing’s commitment.

53 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

So basically he's doing better than average across LBs in the top 5 leagues? Or am I reading this wrong?!

Its stats per 90 minutes not a comparison 

These are what you get here

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Its stats per 90 minutes not a comparison 

These are what you get here

But he's aboe the 50th percentile which I'm guessing means he's "above average" on most aspects, percentile essentially working as a grade.

Not a numbers guy!

He's doing well. Chuffed for the boy. Woulda been so easy to head along the m8. Hope he becomes a big star

Guest ToqueJambo
8 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

20210226_091947.jpg

Fantastic achievement for him at this age. He's better and more experienced now than both Tierney and Robertson at that age. Different type of LB mind you.

• 2 weeks later...

Aaron Hickey is back after suspension in Bologna squad for tomorrow. Home to Sampdoria 11.30am.

Though his competition for left back Dijks is also back, from injury.

willie wallace
On 26/02/2021 at 18:46, Perth to Paisley said:

Good article.Interesting to see him say he plays right back the same way he plays left back.

Hopefully Steve Clarke reads this.

• 3 weeks later...
August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Some indications he already had a problem with his shoulder and this was a worsening. 

Aye, he missed at least one game after his suspension with a shoulder injury. Hopefully the surgery goes well and he gets back fighting fit. Misses the Euros but would be good to see him in the squad for the next batch of WC qualifiers.

hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Some indications he already had a problem with his shoulder and this was a worsening. 

Wonder if it stems from early in the season when he landed very awkwardly after a challenge.

Francis Albert

Shame but he has still done more than most expected in his first season in Serie A. Hope he makes a quick and full recovery.

Montgomery Brewster

massive result for Inter tonight.

with AC AND Rubentus both drawing pulls us even further ahead. 

• 2 weeks later...
Perth to Paisley

If you get the chance I recommend you watch Napoli Lazio from last night.

Incredible quality

GlasgoJambo
2 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Incredible quality

Ooft. And I’ll bet the highlights don’t do the full game juatice.

Interest was sparked by the Hickey move but I’ve really enjoyed keeping up to date with Serie A this season. Having a deal with YouTube has helped.

Quite interested to see what becomes of Hickey on the international side.

From the sounds of things he is two footed which could mean he could play on the right for the national side given the lack of depth and quality there, however, Patterson at Rangers may well sew up that spot. I suppose it would leave us two deep finally seeing an end to O'Donnell thank christ...

With Robertson & Tierney both left backs playing for Champions league regular sides, it would be hard to see how Hickey might force his way in. 

Perth to Paisley
1 hour ago, OTT said:

Quite interested to see what becomes of Hickey on the international side.

From the sounds of things he is two footed which could mean he could play on the right for the national side given the lack of depth and quality there, however, Patterson at Rangers may well sew up that spot. I suppose it would leave us two deep finally seeing an end to O'Donnell thank christ...

With Robertson & Tierney both left backs playing for Champions league regular sides, it would be hard to see how Hickey might force his way in. 

Patterson looks decent but I don't see him getting much game time ahead  of Tavernier. He may go on loan somewhere though.

Aaron is a bit of a project for Bologna, Mitchell Djiks is 28 and is a pretty average full back.  Hopefully Aaron recovers early on and  gets in asap.

Bologna are poor defensively so playing an 18/19 year old is a big risk. Thankfully the manager (Mihajlovic) gives youth a chance.

(I have watched Italian football since the BsB squarial and the C4 days. I Never watch EPl or La Liga ....or any other Scottish game Hearts are not involved in.)

Forza calcio 

Montgomery Brewster
6 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Incredible quality

Yes standards starting to rise again in Seria a .

even better that Inter barring a huge collapse will win the scudetto and Rubentus nowhere. Lovely 

7 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Incredible quality

A fantastic watch. Sadly, some people still believe the Italian game to be dull and negative. Unbelievable ignorance of course, and even worse when people cite the EPL as entertaining.

Laughable.

Serie A is high tempo, technically superior and bags of skill...and goals. Most weeks there is an average of 3 goals a game. Even low scoring games are a masterclass in football tactics.

It’s Inter’s Scudetto to lose. They will win it of course. As long as Juve crumble, all is good. Ladri !

• 2 weeks later...
Montgomery Brewster
On 23/04/2021 at 17:22, Boab said:

A fantastic watch. Sadly, some people still believe the Italian game to be dull and negative. Unbelievable ignorance of course, and even worse when people cite the EPL as entertaining.

Laughable.

Serie A is high tempo, technically superior and bags of skill...and goals. Most weeks there is an average of 3 goals a game. Even low scoring games are a masterclass in football tactics.

It’s Inter’s Scudetto to lose. They will win it of course. As long as Juve crumble, all is good. Ladri !

Inter can only now be caught by Atalanta.

we are virtually there 😀

Edited by Montgomery Brewster

4 hours ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

Inter can only now be caught by Atalanta.

we are virtually there 😀

Atalanta have been my adopted side for a few years now, but 8 draws and 5 losses are why they won’t be winning it this year.

Montgomery Brewster
15 hours ago, smiler said:

Atalanta have been my adopted side for a few years now, but 8 draws and 5 losses are why they won’t be winning it this year.

Indeed. Will be happy for you to finish 2nd.

anything to keep Rubentus down the table is fine by me.

a few celebratory beers in the Brewster household tonight. 😀

Perth to Paisley

Can somebody point me in the direction of the format of the Hickey transfer.

Was it a:

1) straight transfer?

2) one year loan fee then an automatic transfer at an agreed fee?

3) one year loan - then a decision was to be made?

Heard last week it was 2 but not sure.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Was it a:

1) straight transfer?

Thanks

I thought it was a straight 4 year deal.

Need to check that mind.

15 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Was it a:

1) straight transfer?

Thanks

Straight transfer. Nothing was said about a loan when deal was confirmed. 

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****