• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

He better be given a chance in that scotland squad...positional context, the same as Philip Lahm IMHO, not comparing their respective ability, just how good they can be for their teams re full back, wing back or def midfielder with an engine...🤞 he stays abroad or England and never plays for Tic or Sevco....

47 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I can't believe that Hibs fans genuinely think Doig is as good, or better than Hickey 🤣 It's just crazy levels of delusion ffs.

I’ve never seen Doig be anything other than poor to average anytime I’ve seen him. Absolutely amazes me that he’s being linked to some decent clubs down south. Saying that being linked and actually getting a move are 2 different things. 

Guest ToqueJambo
43 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I’ve never seen Doig be anything other than poor to average anytime I’ve seen him. Absolutely amazes me that he’s being linked to some decent clubs down south. Saying that being linked and actually getting a move are 2 different things. 

Neither have most Hibs fans, considering he's only played a few games in front of fans. Most over-hyped Hibs player since Oli Shaw, simply because he's a young Scottish LB and all young Scottish LBs are automatically magic apparently.

Contrast with Hickey - obviously a Rolls Royce of a player from his first game.

3 hours ago, RobboM said:

Yaaaaay

:woot:

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Pints on you! 

Aye, was only 50p ☺ so £7.50 for one pint should cover it. :doh:although I only need bilbao 2-1 for a tidy bonus :brows:

Back on topic - it was a tidy finish compared to his goal versus hibs at Easter Road but his Bologna celebration wasn't even close.    We'll done to him anyway.    I still think cammy logan could be even better as a proper pacey Wingback. 

Doig 🤣

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

:woot:

Aye, was only 50p ☺ so £7.50 for one pint should cover it. :doh:although I only need bilbao 2-1 for a tidy bonus :brows:

Back on topic - it was a tidy finish compared to his goal versus hibs at Easter Road but his Bologna celebration wasn't even close.    We'll done to him anyway.    I still think cammy logan could be even better as a proper pacey Wingback. 

Doig 🤣

Good to hear about Logan.

Cochrane is better than Doig FFS and isn't much older. It's laughable the fees they were quoting. It's like Hibs took the hickey fee and doubled it simply for having a longish contract and expected teams to queue up. Meanwhile Doig's manager admitted he was replaceable.

2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

According to Barry anderson yes 

Do you have any more details on that mate or a link to Banderson saying it? It's the first I have ever heard of a sell-on clause, I even asked a Bologna fan on here looking for the run-down on him when he first signed for them if there was any talk of it in Italy and never got a reply.

7 hours ago, CostaJambo said:

Do you have any more details on that mate or a link to Banderson saying it? It's the first I have ever heard of a sell-on clause, I even asked a Bologna fan on here looking for the run-down on him when he first signed for them if there was any talk of it in Italy and never got a reply.

3 minutes ago, brux said:

Really surprised its his 1st call up (as reported in the EN so could be pish), thought he had been called into u21s before 

At Hearts was selected for Scotland U19s a couple of times. But as he was playing for us every week it was decided he was better off resting.

This is his first call up. 

HeartsandonlyHearts

If only he’d have signed for one of the @$$ cheeks. He’d have 10 full caps by now. An absolute crime that he’s just had his first call up. Scotland internationally really is piss poor at the football thing.

3 hours ago, brux said:

Really surprised its his 1st call up (as reported in the EN so could be pish), thought he had been called into u21s before 

Knowing how the SFA work he's probably only been called up as it's at Tynecastle and they think it'll sell a few more tickets

Francis Albert

Will never understand Hearts fans who seem desperate for Hickey to fail. Is it the Celtic connection? Or tall tree syndrome? 

He has already achieved what only a handful of Scottish footballers have ever achieved.

Good luck to him. Sign on fee or not.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 hours ago, brux said:

Bit of a joke. If he was English and the best young LB (and probably RB) in the country he'd have a few senior caps by now. We're far too slow to get youngsters involved in the full Scotland squad.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Portable Badger
7 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

At Hearts was selected for Scotland U19s a couple of times. But as he was playing for us every week it was decided he was better off resting.

This is his first call up. 

He had been called up once before but Hickey pulled out due to an injury - BBC source

joondalupjambo

Called up to the U21's for a game at Tynie, Hearts fans buy loads of tickets to go and see him, Doig gets picked before him, imagine the seethe.

12 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Called up to the U21's for a game at Tynie, Hearts fans buy loads of tickets to go and see him, Doig gets picked before him, imagine the seethe.

I went to Scotland v Australia at Easter Road in 2012. Just a few weeks after the Cup final. Anyone associated with Hearts got booed mercilously. Ian Black made a late debut. 

No one at  the SFA said anything and Hibs got more international games. 

I'd boo Doig. 

On 22/09/2021 at 17:16, Mikey1874 said:

They are talking to Aaron Hickey about his goal on Reporting Scotland on BBC 1. Probably around 6.50pm. 

Watched his  interview on The Nine with that fake-tan  blonde burd (Laura McGhie ?).     Martin Geissler said to her afterwards something like "well done for showing Hickey scoring at Easter Road against the Hibs".  She then muttered something about it was  "good for some of us".      Anyone else see that ?   Do you reckon she's a Jambo ?  Or just a bitter Hobo/Weegie ?

Bazzas right boot
On 22/09/2021 at 12:33, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

If only he’d have signed for one of the @$$ cheeks. He’d have 10 full caps by now. An absolute crime that he’s just had his first call up. Scotland internationally really is piss poor at the football thing.

22 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Bit of a joke. If he was English and the best young LB (and probably RB) in the country he'd have a few senior caps by now. We're far too slow to get youngsters involved in the full Scotland squad.

Bit Harsh. 

Generally I'd agree but Robertson and Tierney are very good players. If he was a rb he'd probably be playing already. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bit Harsh. 

Generally I'd agree but Robertson and Tierney are very good players. If he was a rb he'd probably be playing already. 

Robertson and Tierney are established though. I'm talking about getting young players in earlier. Hickey is so obviously a real talent. Does Clarke even know he's two footed?

Even Robertson and Tierney had to bide their time. Tierney could have been in sooner - he was a standout form a very young age. Robertson had to wait until he was 20 to get in a squad.

Edited by ToqueJambo

HeartsandonlyHearts
15 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Bit Harsh. 

Tierney is a winey diving C U Next Tuesday.

As for our national team. We play players out of position every game. Why change now?

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Tierney is a winey diving C U Next Tuesday.

As for our national team. We play players out of position every game. Why change now?

Our right side is a major weakness. It's a big mistake from Clarke not to have got Hickey involved yet with him playing RB in mind. He's far too loyal to the likes of ODonnell.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Our right side is a major weakness. It's a big mistake from Clarke not to have got Hickey involved yet with him playing RB in mind. He's far too loyal to the likes of ODonnell.

He would be a decent option in midfield 

Bazzas right boot
40 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Robertson and Tierney are established though. I'm talking about getting young players in earlier. Hickey is so obviously a real talent. Does Clarke even know he's two footed?

Even Robertson and Tierney had to bide their time. Tierney could have been in sooner - he was a standout form a very young age. Robertson had to wait until he was 20 to get in a squad.

I definitely agree in general with you but not sure Hickey is the best example given the guys in his position just now. 

100% agree in general tho. 

HeartsandonlyHearts
1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

He would be a decent option in midfield 

Hickey should be involved in the squad if just not for the fact he’s far superior skill wise than half the dross who warm the bench anyway. 😡

32 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Hickey should be involved in the squad if just not for the fact he’s far superior skill wise than half the dross who warm the bench anyway. 😡

Absolutely, and he can surely only come on a bit by training alongside guys like Robertson and Tierney

15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Correct, Tierney is evolving into a left side CH now (when he's actually fit enough to play) leaving Robertson as our only natural left back, Hickey will only get a chance in the full team due to injuries and then be going into it with zero international experience. One thing Southgate has done very well with England is give young players international experience early even if they won't be starters for competitive games but when they get injuries or someones form drops off a cliff (trent AA last season) their replacements have at least some international experience.

Fozzyonthefence
15 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

It’s bizarre that we have a 19 year old playing regularly in Serie A that hasn’t even been capped by the U21s never mind the full squad.  Wouldn’t surprise me if Doig plays before him in this one either.  I mean we’ll surely go with the guy playing against Ross County and Dundee ahead of the guy playing against Inter, Juve, AC Milan.

joondalupjambo
On 23/09/2021 at 17:51, Lone Striker said:

Watched his  interview on The Nine with that fake-tan  blonde burd (Laura McGhie ?).     Martin Geissler said to her afterwards something like "well done for showing Hickey scoring at Easter Road against the Hibs".  She then muttered something about it was  "good for some of us".      Anyone else see that ?   Do you reckon she's a Jambo ?  Or just a bitter Hobo/Weegie ?

Martin is a Hearts ST holder, sits in the new stand so reckon she must be yet another bitter Hobo or west coaster.

8 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It’s bizarre that we have a 19 year old playing regularly in Serie A that hasn’t even been capped by the U21s never mind the full squad.  Wouldn’t surprise me if Doig plays before him in this one either.  I mean we’ll surely go with the guy playing against Ross County and Dundee ahead of the guy playing against Inter, Juve, AC Milan.

Scottish football summed up. 

One player who isn't exactly great this season and is constantly subbed for Lewis Stevenson vs a Serie A starter, keeping clean sheets against teams like Atalanta and scoring against Genoa. 

We took Greg Taylor to the Euros as a third choice left back. Surely its more beneficial to our future stars to give them the exposure and training with first team.

The fact we have a player in Serie A who hasn't kicked a ball for the 21s is mental

1 hour ago, jambo19 said:

Scottish football summed up. 

One player who isn't exactly great this season and is constantly subbed for Lewis Stevenson vs a Serie A starter, keeping clean sheets against teams like Atalanta and scoring against Genoa. 

We took Greg Taylor to the Euros as a third choice left back. Surely its more beneficial to our future stars to give them the exposure and training with first team.

The fact we have a player in Serie A who hasn't kicked a ball for the 21s is mental

Yeah - although not sure what to make of Scot Gemmill's squad. 11 of the 23 are actually with clubs outside Scotland - some might just have Scottish grannies making them eligible, but I don't recall seeing such a big percentage of U-21s with non-Scots clubs before.   We know about Marc Leonard  & Hickey - but wonder how many of the other 9 have gone south to escape the Scottish football backwater.        It was interesting that Hickey mentioned that game preparation in Italy focuses much more on tactics than it does here - maybe a sly dig at CL  there !!  😉

Guest ToqueJambo
45 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

Yeah - although not sure what to make of Scot Gemmill's squad. 11 of the 23 are actually with clubs outside Scotland - some might just have Scottish grannies making them eligible, but I don't recall seeing such a big percentage of U-21s with non-Scots clubs before.   We know about Marc Leonard  & Hickey - but wonder how many of the other 9 have gone south to escape the Scottish football backwater.        It was interesting that Hickey mentioned that game preparation in Italy focuses much more on tactics than it does here - maybe a sly dig at CL  there !!  😉

Would seem a bit ungrateful to have a dig at the guy who signed him, played him in a cup final at 16 and helped develop him into a Serie A player a year or so later, not to mention not standing in the way of his big move.

6 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would seem a bit ungrateful to have a dig at the guy who signed him, played him in a cup final at 16 and helped develop him into a Serie A player a year or so later, not to mention not standing in the way of his big move.

It would be. CL done well developing Hickey and should be applauded for that.

7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Every British player says that nen they go to Italy or Spain.  Don't think it was a dig at anyone in particular. 

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****