**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Partly, although I did think it was English thread. Don't understand the underlying love for Hickey though, considering how few games he played for us and he isn't even Hearts supporter.

He made over £1m for Hearts more than the vast majority of Hearts players. What has the fact that he is not a Hearts supporter got to do with anything. He resisted any temptation to rejoin his "boyhood heroes" setting a fine example to Scottish players brought up with OF traditions ... And so far demonstrating that there is life outside the parochialism of Glasgow and indeed Scotland. I don't have any underlying love for him just think he has so far made good career moves and demonstrated rare maturity and sense for a young player. Wish him well for his and Scotland's sake.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

And still MOM!

Start a thread on the EPL. If there isn't one already. The topic of this thread is Aaron Hickey although the title does need updating.

I can't imagine comments on Mackay and Young and Mann and Gordon when they moved on got the same vehement response as those on Hickey get? I wonder why.

Sorry the thread title has been updated. It was the Serie A Aaron Hickey thread  now the Premiership Aaron Hickey thread. Still an Aaron Hickey thread.

29 minutes ago, Hansel said:

According to Fotmob app he was their poorest player 

Screenshot_20220807-193127_FotMob.jpg

BBC have him down as 7.64, the highest rated player from either side. I did have a quick scan of the Brentford forum earlier and there weren't really many comments about his performance though so not sure how much he actually stood out. 

Folk wondering why people have such an interest in Hickey - regardless of how many games he played for us he still came largely from our youth system. Yes he spent a few years at Celtic but he was with us before and after that. Other than Craig Gordon how many potentially world class players have we ever produced? How many players have we produced who have had clubs like Bayern, Milan, Napoli etc linked with them at various times? It's a bit of a novelty to have such a high profile player associated with our club. I'm sure there are Bolgona fans who will also be following his career now too. 

Dick Dastardly
45 minutes ago, Hansel said:

According to Fotmob app he was their poorest player 

Screenshot_20220807-193127_FotMob.jpg

I checked on sky sports an hour ago and they rated him 6, the lowest rating in the team, i think. Strange 

Only saw him once in the highlights, moving the ball across the pitch just before Toney scored.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

He made over £1m for Hearts more than the vast majority of Hearts players. What has the fact that he is not a Hearts supporter got to do with anything. He resisted any temptation to rejoin his "boyhood heroes" setting a fine example to Scottish players brought up with OF traditions ... And so far demonstrating that there is life outside the parochialism of Glasgow and indeed Scotland. I don't have any underlying love for him just think he has so far made good career moves and demonstrated rare maturity and sense for a young player. Wish him well for his and Scotland's sake.

Strange. 

Hold a flame for Hickey but at best indifferent to CL and Bob. Guys that have gave over a decade or two to the club. 

Funny how some folks mind works. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Strange. 

Hold a flame for Hickey but at best indifferent to CL and Bob. Guys that have gave over a decade or two to the club. 

Funny how some folks mind works. 

As I recall CL and Bob buggered off to England without Hearts getting any financial benefit to speak of. 

Edited by Francis Albert

9 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Partly, although I did think it was English thread. Don't understand the underlying love for Hickey though, considering how few games he played for us and he isn't even Hearts supporter.

How many ex hearts players, more so young ones, are currently plying their trade in the EPL, having went for millions of £'s recently? Or ever even!??? Try just relaxing man, and enjoying the ride, instead of trying to find fault, and looking for the negative in everything...

Go on, give it a bash 🙂

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

As I recall CL and Bob buggered off to England without Hearts getting any financial benefit to speak of. 

So it's about the money? 

You must love Berra then🤔.... 

Also, no acknowledgement that CL picked Hickey up for nothing and no acknowledgement Hickey wouldn't sign an extension meaning he left for a reduced fee. 

Furthermore Bob has promoted us twice and got us in the European group stages - I'd say all in, that is worth about £20m.

Also not sure Neilson was worth anything significant as a player, but very little sell on value although he was with us almost 10 year. 

As I said - strange. 

You hold a candle for a young guy who played a handful of games and used us as a stepping stone. 

Very selective. 

Almost like a personality thing. 

Very, very strange how some folks minds work. 

Good luck to Hickey but the high esteem he is held in by some makes the mind boggle. 

A young guy who was a good player in his short time with us, used us as a stepping stone and got us a decent fee. 

Same posters will rip guys like Berra, CL and Bob. 

🤷‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

So it's about the money? 

You must love Berra then🤔.... 

Also, no acknowledgement that CL picked Hickey up for nothing and no acknowledgement Hickey wouldn't sign an extension meaning he left for a reduced fee. 

Furthermore Bob has promoted us twice and got us in the European group stages - I'd say all in, that is worth about £20m.

Also not sure Neilson was worth anything significant as a player, but very little sell on value although he was with us almost 10 year. 

As I said - strange. 

You hold a candle for a young guy who played a handful of games and used us as a stepping stone. 

Very selective. 

Almost like a personality thing. 

Very, very strange how some folks minds work. 

Good luck to Hickey but the high esteem he is held in by some makes the mind boggle. 

A young guy who was a good player in his short time with us, used us as a stepping stone and got us a decent fee. 

Same posters will rip guys like Berra, CL and Bob. 

🤷‍♂️

Does this thread really need this?

13 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I agree with this. There was also a memorable goal at Easter Road and impressive cup final appearance in his short Hearts career.  I’m primarily interested as he was straightforward with us, and I’d like to see how he goes. Hearts had a hand in starting off his career, and I will follow how he does going on.

Delighted that he has shown ambition beyond the arse cheeks.

Amazing to see him perform at this level, you have to say, his decision making re career choices to date is spot on...young lad, playing in a billionaire's leagues, living in and around London, showcasing his talent...his is literally living a dream we all had....

God speed young man.....

• 1 month later...