**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can’t say it’s profit though and not discount the cost of it ffs, no way did Rangers pay £650k for him. 
I think it’s you that needs to admit the vast majority of what he did was disastrous, with extremely few positives, everyone else does. 
Thankfully he’s away from the club and at somewhere on a level he belongs at, we are still cleaning up the mess he left. 

It's profit when discussing transfer fees. 

Maybe, in your circles you break down transfer fees into wages, signing on fees, etc, But football folk I know discuss it differently. 

If you buy someone for £5m and sell for £25m that is £20m profit. 

He does live in your head tho, this is quite an imaginative way to get angry at him. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Poor journalism as always. 

9F455CC4-1000-42A4-819A-855815077700.jpeg

Sorry, I read the website where it said Bologna paid 1.5m. Not like the BBC to cock it up😊

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's profit when discussing transfer fees. 

Maybe, in your circles you break down transfer fees into wages, signing on fees, etc, But football folk I know discuss it differently. 

If you buy someone for £5m and sell for £25m that is £20m profit. 

He does live in your head tho, this is quite an imaginative way to get angry at him. 

You or whatever ever decreasing circles you travel in doesn’t hide the fact that it’s not profit in the actual meaning of the term in a business sense. 
The fact that you still defend him is an even bigger indictment of yourself and your lack of football knowledge than wanting Hibs to win the cup. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Sorry, I read the website where it said Bologna paid 1.5m. Not like the BBC to cock it up😊

The picture has the link to the article that doesn’t say what we would get, let’s hope they’ve got their figures wrong again 🤞🤪.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

You or whatever ever decreasing circles you travel in doesn’t hide the fact that it’s not profit in the actual meaning of the term in a business sense. 
The fact that you still defend him is an even bigger indictment of yourself and your lack of football knowledge than wanting Hibs to win the cup. 

The "wanting hibs to win the cup" go to lies= the mark of a defeated man devoid of fact, logic and balance. 

Robbie being successful has you so wound up it's tangible. 

Also funny. 

If venting about CL releases all the frustrations about you being completely wrong about Bob and having to watch any success we have through gritted teeth, then fire away. 

Perth to Paisley

Bologna have done pretty well on their initial investment 👏👏

Pretty astute business...

Scottish team would' never get that mark up on a player going to EPL

48 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The £.5m is the sell-on fee from the first transfer not this one, that has to be taken into account over the whole process. I didn't say Celtic were getting anything from this move.🤨

Got ya. 👍

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Indeed, if the rumours are true they’ve been looking at others also. 

If Ann Budge is still owed £2m or thereabouts I’d suggest any fee is used to pay that ? Just my opinion. It’s money we maybe didn’t expect 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

If Ann Budge is still owed £2m or thereabouts I’d suggest any fee is used to pay that ? Just my opinion. It’s money we maybe didn’t expect 🤷🏻‍♂️

We could just split it between ourselves few quid each for the summer holidays, perks of ownership 😊

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

I think it’s £3.1m and they have a plan to pay it off gradually. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The "wanting hibs to win the cup" go to lies= the mark of a defeated man devoid of fact, logic and balance. 

Robbie being successful has you so wound up it's tangible. 

Also funny. 

If venting about CL releases all the frustrations about you being completely wrong about Bob and having to watch any success we have through gritted teeth, then fire away. 

Im not sure how you can say I was COMPLETELY wrong, I know you don’t have a great memory( still trying to deny you wanted Hibs to win the cup Tosh) but I’ve said he’s a negative manager who won’t win a trophy, unfortunately those two combined have stopped us doing so. 
We certainly won’t bring any guys like Hickey through whilst he’s here. 
As your love for Levein once again proves that what you think is successful isn’t really a barometer most people would use. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

Shite move for AH

You can only go to where you’re wanted, hence the reason world beaters like Doig and Porteous are still in Leeff 😆

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think it’s £3.1m and they have a plan to pay it off gradually. 

👍 I never knew, thanks

16 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

We could just split it between ourselves few quid each for the summer holidays, perks of ownership 😊

🤣👍

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

You can only go to where you’re wanted, hence the reason world beaters like Doig and Porteous are still in Leeff 😆

This is true. Surely staying in Italy would be the number one option?

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, FFSJohn said:

This is true. Surely staying in Italy would be the number one option?

They must’ve wanted to sell, not sure how well off they are financially but Transfer Market has a guy called Musa Barrow as the only other player worth that kind of money. 
Might be easier to replace Hickey. 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

👍 I never knew, thanks

It’s not really mentioned much outside of the AGM and those threads. 

Bazzas right boot
19 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Im not sure how you can say I was COMPLETELY wrong, I know you don’t have a great memory( still trying to deny you wanted Hibs to win the cup Tosh) but I’ve said he’s a negative manager who won’t win a trophy, unfortunately those two combined have stopped us doing so. 
As your love for Levein once again proves that what you think is successful isn’t really a barometer most people would use. 

Quote me saying "I want hibs to win the sc or sit down" 

You won't find it. 

CL, despite his last tenure which was  poor, was a brilliant player for us and  a good manager for us and who spent over 20 years with our club deserves more respect from the likes of you Tbh. 

Robbies a negative manager? 

:bolt:

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We are owners. 

I want a seat at the negotiating table. 😎

We should all see the shortlist and then vote on who we get and how we get them. 

Imagine, we'd be starting the season with Irving, Lafferty etc. Mckay, probably even CG wouldn't have made the cut🤣🤣

Boyce would be punted and Henderson would be up top with Simms incoming for £4m and on £30k a week! 

You’re on the ignore list now. Can’t take your pi%% anymore. Goodbye.

It's a really strange one. He's been linked with all these big clubs in both Italy and England over the last year - and it turns out the only firm interest seems to have been from Brentford. It doesn't really seem like an upwards move, though it will not doubt leave him better off financially.

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, stirlo said:

It's a really strange one. He's been linked with all these big clubs in both Italy and England over the last year - and it turns out the only firm interest seems to have been from Brentford. It doesn't really seem like an upwards move, though it will not doubt leave him better off financially.

There may be big clubs tracking him, but there could be a number of reasons why they didn't make the final bid. It could be that they have been unable to move players on to bring the player in or another left back target became available, or it could be that they worry he might not be ready yet (something Premier league clubs are bad with.) Brentford are a club who can be a stepping stone to a top club. They have been very smart with who they buy and players have moved onto bigger clubs. Its easy to forget that Hickey has only just turned 20, he has plenty time to develop further to be a player who the biggest clubs want.

Obviously I wish that Brentford paid the £20m+ fees that were quoted as Arsenal looked to pay.

40 minutes ago, MMHearts said:

You’re on the ignore list now. Can’t take your pi%% anymore. Goodbye.

Have you had an irony by-pass?

iwasthere1954
4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We are owners. 

I want a seat at the negotiating table. 😎

We should all see the shortlist and then vote on who we get and how we get them. 

Imagine, we'd be starting the season with Irving, Lafferty etc. Mckay, probably even CG wouldn't have made the cut🤣🤣

Boyce would be punted and Henderson would be up top with Simms incoming for £4m and on £30k a week! 

Thanks for the laugh BRB.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Thanks for the laugh BRB.

😘

Bit disappointed at the Brentford move, would rather see him keep strutting his stuff in Serie A to be honest.

Frank Sidebottom

Gazzetta dello Sport reporting this morning that the offer is €21 million.  

interestingly the article also suggests Josh Doig remains an option for Bologna as a replacement if they cannot get someone from Juventus on loan. 

2 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Bit disappointed at the Brentford move, would rather see him keep strutting his stuff in Serie A to be honest.

Couldn’t really care less where he goes. It’s all about the money for Hearts for me. He played 20 games for us. Just a ship that past in the night on his way to better things. Good luck to the laddie like but he probably feels about Hearts the same way I feel about Brentford.

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, davie1980 said:

Brentford does seem a strange move, however, he’s probably expecting first team football there, something he was already getting at Bologna but probably wouldn’t get at Arsenal.  He knocked back Bayern Munich so he would have more chance of first team action and seems to have his head screwed on.

Not sure about rather him strutting his stuff in Serie A - the Premier League is way, way better than Serie A these days.  Just seems a but weird that he’s taken a journey from Hearts to Serie A, with huge clubs reportedly interested in him, but he’s going to end up at a club that is, let’s be honest, traditionally smaller than Hearts. 

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

We should tell Bologna just to send our cut to Everton along with a horses head.

Deal done.

The only thing that springs to mind at the mention of Brentford (at least they're famous for something):-

pettigrewsstylist
12 hours ago, Perth to Paisley said:

And thats the crux of it. The level in Scotland is deemed too low to be any real guidleine, by most, on talent/potential.

Sell on fees are a sensible and realisitic strategy for Scottish clubs to acheive closer to true value IMO.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Pans Jambo
13 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

BBC saying £1.5m, hopefully wrong as usual. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62023903

Aye £1.5m would be less than 10% if he goes for £17m. Would think Hearts would have 10% as a minimum fee at least. Most quoting 15% on here although I appreciate that doesnt mesn shit. 

Love how that rag the Evening News try to turn the sale of Hickey into a good news story for Hibs. Absolute roasters on their sports team.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-set-for-windfall-after-fee-agreed-for-aaron-hickey-as-hibs-could-be-impacted-by-full-backs-sale-3754230

Edited by Deevers

Barry Radge
29 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

The only thing that springs to mind at the mention of Brentford (at least they're famous for something):-

Not half, pop pickers.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Deevers said:

Love how that rag the Evening News try to turn the sale of Hickey into a good news story for Hibs. Absolute roasters on their sports team.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-set-for-windfall-after-fee-agreed-for-aaron-hickey-as-hibs-could-be-impacted-by-full-backs-sale-3754230

They are so desperate 😂

Hibs £5m valuation 😱,hahahahaha he’s statistically one of the worst LBs in the league ffs 🤦🏽.

Edited by Pasquale for King

30 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

They are so desperate 😂

Hibs £5m valuation 😱,hahahahaha he’s statistically one of the worst LBs in the league ffs 🤦🏽.

I can’t for the life of me have ever seen him having an outstanding game. Every time he’s appeared against us he’s looked bang ordinary.

Fxxx the SPFL

Just been on Brentford fans forum all seem really pleased to sign him however scummy hoops fan trying to claim credit for him and couldn’t bring himself to even mention Hearts basically saying went from them to Bologna he was soon shot down by other posters 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I can’t for the life of me have ever seen him having an outstanding game. Every time he’s appeared against us he’s looked bang ordinary.

Exactly, has energy but no quality and can’t defend. Stevenson, Mitchell and that RB Clarke kept him out the team 😆

Gulf Jambo

Another sensible move for the lad.

Definitely has his head screwed on.

At Arsenal or equivalent he wouldn't be first choice. But at Brentford he will have a great chance to make the position his own.

First choice LB at an EPL team at just 20 years old is pretty brilliant. And if he is a standout then the next move will be to a top team easily.

The Hogfather

Disappointed he's off to Brentford tbh. I'd have thought he was better than that in all honesty.

bobby bombscare
1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

Disappointed he's off to Brentford tbh. I'd have thought he was better than that in all honesty.

He's only 20 so will likely have another big move in him yet. 2 years there then off to a big club would do him well!

The Hogfather
Just now, bobby bombscare said:

He's only 20 so will likely have another big move in him yet. 2 years there then off to a big club would do him well!

True, Andy Robertson was relegated with Hull and has still gone on to have a cracking career since. I'd just have liked to see him go to an Everton, Aston Villa or a Leicester at this point.

56 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Just been on Brentford fans forum all seem really pleased to sign him however scummy hoops fan trying to claim credit for him and couldn’t bring himself to even mention Hearts basically saying went from them to Bologna he was soon shot down by other posters 

Online Celtic supporters absolutely stink out the internet

15 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Bringing players through is mainly down to the player. 

Make yourself a better option than the first team player. I do worry for posters who just want young players in. They don't say who and what they want to lose from the first team. 

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

Online Celtic supporters absolutely stink out the internet

They are quite funny.

They've ignored their child abuse court case and the ones enjoying Goram's death yesterday didn't mention how many league titles he helped Rangers win. 

2 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Celtic fans can also claim credit for the great career Karamoko Dembele is having. 

3 hours ago, **** the SPFL said:

Had a wee look, too.

Brentford fans appear absolutely thrilled about Hickey. As they should be.

As for that Celtic fan...😄

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****