**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I’m not even sure there is much of a market for players under £2m, mostly free transfers or nominal fees (exemption being mostly teenagers). Would say that anything less just means disruption and more hassle than it’s worth. 

If someone wants to pay £3m or something for Kingsley or McKay then fair enough that’s worth talking about. But anything less and we’ll be weakening for no real reason imo. 

Yip. 

If some players perform well in Europe then it is possible, but as you say only for daft money. 

Sell someone like Mckay for £2m would be pointless. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

4 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Hopefully we get cash from player sales to. We are a selling club still and just hope we use the money well. 

Yes in theory, no this summer would be my hope.  Next summer once we've built a bit more, rake some in!

chuck berrys hairline
11 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Income from Scottish cup run also

A packet of beef space raiders and a glass cheque 😂

stevie1874
4 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Hopefully we get cash from player sales to. We are a selling club still and just hope we use the money well. 

Excuse me if I’m wrong but think you’ve hinted at a player/players being sold before. Have you heard any info? I know it’s part of the game but would be a blow if say Halkett or Kingsley left while trying to replace Souttar at the same time. 

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Yes in theory, no this summer would be my hope.  Next summer once we've built a bit more, rake some in!

I am the same. The biggest sellable assets would be Beni (but he is out till the end of the year,) McKay (who is our main creative player,) Kingsley and Halkett (our main defenders left.) So players who either are important to us or are injured so wont be sold.

If we are doing well first half of the season (especially if we do anything of note in Europe) I could see some offers in January which could test our resolve. But I agree, this summer is about consolidating and building the team so losing players isn't going to help (unless we get crazy money and sign more.)  

28 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Hope so too,  clearly the strategy is to become a more successful selling club but big season coming up.   Not ITK by any stretch but would be very surprised if our resolve is not tested this summer re Kingsley.  Has had a superb season.  

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Yes I know that is the reality of things but that is not what I was focusing on in my post ......................... the problem is continuity and succession planning so we need to make sure we are not completely rebuilding every season and not constantly struggling to recover from the loss of key players like has happened in the past

Agreed 

Kingsley is class and one of our lynchpins in the side, we would need an exceptional offer before we'd even entertain the thought of selling, surely. 

Unknown user
4 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Kingsley is class and one of our lynchpins in the side, we would need an exceptional offer before we'd even entertain the thought of selling, surely. 

You'd have to think he's out second most desirable player after Beni 

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

A packet of beef space raiders and a glass cheque 😂

Space Raiders you say? Bargain.

Confusing transfer news as always on Hickey.   One report saying west ham have offered 21. 5m officially.   Another report saying they offered much lower than arsenal 21m.   Brentford had a report of much lower than both but another report says Arsenal are outbid by Brentford.

AC Milan yet to bid or any other club. 

Mental stuff. 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

Confusing transfer news as always on Hickey.   One report saying west ham have offered 21. 5m officially.   Another report saying they offered much lower than arsenal 21m.   Brentford had a report of much lower than both but another report says Arsenal are outbid by Brentford.

Mental stuff. 

I’m guessing Bologna in no rush..

HeartsandonlyHearts
4 hours ago, Gizmo said:

As long as we don’t have a “clause” that kicks in at X. If we do then I hope it’s a crazy high number. I hate those type clauses. The agent knows the number so buying clubs don’t even need to sweat it. 
“here’s our bid, now let us talk to the player”

Unknown user
On 27/05/2022 at 15:13, HMFC01 said:

Mental stuff. 

It's still a week and a half til the window even opens, let's see a bidding war here

Levein saying a number of English clubs have spoken to him recently querying what like young AH is mentality/character wise with a view to bidding in the summer 🙂

2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Levein saying a number of English clubs have spoken to him recently querying what like young AH is mentality/character wise with a view to bidding in the summer 🙂

The answer will encourage them then. 

indianajones
39 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I'd put money on that no one has approached Craig Levein to ask about his opinion on anything football related at all. 

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

I'd put money on that no one has approached Craig Levein to ask about his opinion on anything football related at all. 

Very level headed response, great insight...

🤐🙄

indianajones
3 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Very level headed response, great insight...

🤐🙄

Why would a top English team approach a dud manager who has been out the game for a long time to ask about the character of a player he hasn't seen in god knows how long?

It just doesn't seem true in the slightest. 

His form and stats speak for itself. No one needs/wants/values Leveins opinion. 

2 hours ago, indianajones said:

Spot on. 

I haven’t watched much of Bologna since he left us but this boy is going to be some player. Only 19 and looks so good on the ball. Can play either right or left back. His build is so different now 

Never hid once the whole game and played himself into form the longer the game went on , was superb the last 30 mins.

One of only a couple of players that gets anywhere  near pass marks .

Overall a very good introduction to International football,  personally if not as a collective  

hmfc_liam06

I actually can’t believe the pelters he’s taking online. He’s about the only player who can hold their head high tonight.

Malinga the Swinga

Suffered because of three at the back.

Suffered because McTominay took an age to pass ball out.

Suffered because manager refused to play him in earlier games.

Stuck at it and proved way better than Robertson on other side.

Hickey is the future and if Scottish fans don't realise that and if clowns like Dickie Gordon and Leanne Crichton don't realise that, then they are the ones who have problem, not Hickey.

I think Hickey is a wonderful player but tonight is the first time I've really seen him struggle in a match. Admittedly, I don't watch Serie A though. Mctominay might have been slow with passes but Hickey was often found out of position or scrambling back to offer an option. His product in the attacking half was relatively poor as well. However, you can put some of that down to him being played on his unnatural side. Tonight's game was a battle and for once I would have favoured O'Donnell in that position as the left side of the Ukrainian attack had their way with Scotland for large parts of the game. To put things into perspective though, Gordon is probably the only one who deserves pass marks tonight. 

Fozzyonthefence
26 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Never hid once the whole game and played himself into form the longer the game went on , was superb the last 30 mins.

One of only a couple of players that gets anywhere  near pass marks .

Overall a very good introduction to International football,  personally if not as a collective  

He was poor tonight, great future, but disappointing tonight.  He wasn’t alone. 

We claim he’s the best two footed fullback. He nearly knocked the ball out playing his left instead of right. That doesn’t help the cause.  
Robertson’s crosses, especially first half were better than his, by far.  
He’s not the finished article. He’s still young and got the ability to improve but some of us are getting a bit ahead of ourselves.  

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Why would a top English team approach a dud manager who has been out the game for a long time to ask about the character of a player he hasn't seen in god knows how long?

The guy that set his career in motion. Who played him and helped him establish his playing and his behind the scenes schedule. 

The White Cockade

Tin hat on

Might be on my own here but I’ve never been a massive fan of the young boy 

Potential yes but miles away from the finished article 

People talking about him as if he’s Paulo Maldini

Arsenal would be mad to pay £21m for him although it would be great for us and our 10/15% share

Nowhere near the level of Tierney yet and would likely be a squad player imo unless he can improve his pace and physicality 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Tin hat on

Arsenal would be mad to pay £21m for him although it would be great for us and our 10/15% share

Nowhere near the level of Tierney yet and would likely be a squad player imo unless he can improve his pace and physicality 

Yet voted one of the top 11 U21s in Serie A.

No-one has said he is Paolo Maldini or will be. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I actually can’t believe the pelters he’s taking online. He’s about the only player who can hold their head high tonight.

It seems like people are trying to turn a poor performance by a Scotland team into why they are right to gripe about Hickey before (usually that he cant play right back or that he is a disgrace for not playing for the U21s.) I thought he was fine tonight considering how those around him played, not great but not terrible either.

The lad was hung out to dry. Clark should resign after that team selection. John Souttar snubbed for Mctomaney. Scotland the shite.

section s heart

For a 19 yo effectively making his international debut, I though Hickey did pretty well tonight, particularly second half. 

McTominay experiment at CH should stop now, the boy is clearly a midfielder. 

7 hours ago, indianajones said:

It's clear your contempt for Levein clouds your ability to be objective about anything related to him 👍

johnking123

Hickey was fine last night. Problem was that they only gave him the ball when he was being marked. Took an age to give him the ball!

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, indianajones said:

You'd probably lose that money. 

CL signed him and played him for Hearts then sold him. 

If talking about Hickey, CL would be a good source of information. 

Having been a  young class defender himself, managed both in England and Scotland as well as being a international manager you'll probably find folk do go to him for some  things football related. 

Most folk won't have an irrational dislike for him. 

1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Hickey was fine last night. Problem was that they only gave him the ball when he was being marked. Took an age to give him the ball!

Totally agree with this Hickey was doing as well as he could but had nothing to work with 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Tin hat on

No where near the level of Tierney? 

Based on what? 

Thank **** you're not a scout or involved in youth coaching. 

Maldini... :phface:

7 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It seems like people are trying to turn a poor performance by a Scotland team into why they are right to gripe about Hickey before (usually that he cant play right back or that he is a disgrace for not playing for the U21s.) I thought he was fine tonight considering how those around him played, not great but not terrible either.

Totally this too 

Randy Marsh
13 hours ago, indianajones said:

This.  The man is a slavering bafoon.  I have to switch the radio off any time I here him spout his usual pish on Sportsound.  He is almost up there now with Willie Miller and ****** Bonner.  He still got a some job with Brechin City? What a loser. 🤣

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

This.  The man is a slavering bafoon.  I have to switch the radio off any time I here him spout his usual pish on Sportsound.  He is almost up there now with Willie Miller and ****** Bonner.  He still got a some job with Brechin City? What a loser. 🤣

Just listened to the latest " sacked in the morning" podcast. He openly admits that cant stand Gary McKay and couldnt stand him from the very start. Even goes as far as calling him "a tit". Very unprofesional i thought.

Randy Marsh
2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Just listened to the latest " sacked in the morning" podcast. He openly admits that cant stand Gary McKay and couldnt stand him from the very start. Even goes as far as calling him "a tit". Very unprofesional i thought.

That's 'our Cragie'.

Never Let Them Forget
12 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

I disagree I think he’s excellent to listen too bits it’s all about opinions.

StirlingJambo

He was hung out to dry last night. Scotlands biggest game in years and Clarke  puts him in for his full debut at RWB. Didn’t help there was no movement in front of him and the defenders were taking about 3/4 touches before a pass was made. 

upgotheheads
22 minutes ago, StirlingJambo said:

He was hung out to dry last night. Scotlands biggest game in years and Clarke  puts him in for his full debut at RWB. Didn’t help there was no movement in front of him and the defenders were taking about 3/4 touches before a pass was made. 

For someone playing out of his regular spot I thought Hickey did well. Most of anything half decent went through him.

RustyRightPeg
10 hours ago, The White Cockade said:

Tin hat on

He’s also 19, people tend to forget. Of course he isn’t the finished article, he wouldn’t have been at Hearts if he was!!!

Tierney didn’t sign for arsenal until he was 22/23 and is still 5 years ahead of Hickey development wise.

StirlingJambo
22 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

For someone playing out of his regular spot I thought Hickey did well. Most of anything half decent went through him.

I’d say so to. The closest players to him ( Gilmour and McTominay) never helped him.

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You'd probably lose that money. 

CL signed him and played him for Hearts then sold him. 

If talking about Hickey, CL would be a good source of information. 

Having been a  young class defender himself, managed both in England and Scotland as well as being a international manager you'll probably find folk do go to him for some  things football related. 

Most folk won't have an irrational dislike for him. 

Boooo

Get off here

Talking nonsense

The usual reply to such sense and objective mindset!!!! 

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****