**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

18 minutes ago, naeclue said:

That’s remarkable for Hickey, in a few short years to go from Scotland to Serie A and now the EPL. Congratulations to the lad, he seems to take everything in his stride, wish him every success there. 

Interesting example - opts not to sit in system at Celtic, chooses Hearts as he’ll get a chance to play, and look how that ends up.  

A lesson for some of those young Rangers players who played yesterday in ‘special circumstances’ but are likely never to get a regular game.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

10 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Whisper it- but we have CL to thank for the Hickey money.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

14 minutes ago, troonmaroon said:

CL had nothing to do with the deal negotiated with Bologna. JJ was in at the time and dealt with it... 

I meant on the overall development that Right Boot was alluding to. My point was he had very little to do with it. 

Levein brought him back to Hearts so he must get some credit for that but as mentioned above he surely was not running things when Hickey was sold so how ever good or bad the deal turns out to be then that person will take the credit for that 

comradejambo
35 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

No I have information. I’ve shared it privately with one of the mods. I just choose when to post. I can also tell you that Halkett is going for an operation straight after the final and we almost have a 6ft 4 centre back over the line too 😉

Kipre is 6ft 4 … seen his name banded about recently! Of course could be someone else but if ur right not the most left field signing!

4 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

Kipre is 6ft 4 … seen his name banded about recently! Of course could be someone else but if ur right not the most left field signing!

Kipre would be a very good signing. Guys a monster and only 25 so a very good age with plenty development left in him. 

7 minutes ago, comradejambo said:

2 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Kipre would be a very good signing. Guys a monster and only 25 so a very good age with plenty development left in him. 

It’s not him and he’s younger than 25 

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So wait, are we getting £100k (one off agreed fee for some reason), £210,000 (1%), £420,000 (2%), £1,050,000 (5%), £2,100,000 (10%), £3,150,000 (15%) or £4,200,000 (20%)?

Because I’ve heard all of these quoted at various times by different people with different “impeccable sources” apparently.

If anything demonstrates how many 'in the know' posters are actually in the know, it is the saga of this sell-on fee.

1 hour ago, Dick Dastardly said:

We will be due that much as a solidarity payment never mind a sell on %, i think. 

Wouldnt bother with IL if you are ever bored just search their posts. Prob take you until next millenium to find anything thats not negative

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

So wait, are we getting £100k (one off agreed fee for some reason), £210,000 (1%), £420,000 (2%), £1,050,000 (5%), £2,100,000 (10%), £3,150,000 (15%) or £4,200,000 (20%)?

Because I’ve heard all of these quoted at various times by different people with different “impeccable sources” apparently.

I don’t think we’ll ever know for sure what it is. We aren’t a club for waving figures about in the press since Savage came in.

51 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

No I have information. I’ve shared it privately with one of the mods. I just choose when to post. I can also tell you that Halkett is going for an operation straight after the final and we almost have a 6ft 4 centre back over the line too 😉

This amused me way too much. A site that gets panned for what mods do or dont do but then someone states i told a mod to try and get some sort of trust of what they say from posters 🤣🤣🤣 ****ing ended 

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

I've heard that Hearts are so inept that there was a translation error, and instead of a sell-on clause we got a Celeron clause. 📝

Expect a truckload of low-end Intel processors to be dumped onto the Plaza by an Italian lorry driver sometime over the summer. 💻

I would count that as a successful Levein transfer deal. 

4 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I've heard that Hearts are so inept that there was a translation error, and instead of a sell-on clause we got a Celeron clause. 📝

Expect a truckload of low-end Intel processors to be dumped onto the Plaza by an Italian lorry driver sometime over the summer. 💻

🤣🤣 well played pal 🤣 hope all is well with you and yours ❤️🤘🏻

Dick Dastardly
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Wouldnt bother with IL if you are ever bored just search their posts. Prob take you until next millenium to find anything thats not negative

I'll be bored this week. I might have a look. Probably not though 😂😂

1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

I would count that as a successful Levein transfer deal. 

Prob have some poster telling us all the players are getting chipped now as its the only way they will try to win a game as we have such a loser mentality or some shite

1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Is it Jarrad Branthwaite? 6ft 4 from Everton, who we were previously linked with. 19 years old. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, karipidis said:

No we’ve got Aaron Hickey to thank. Levein played about a 10% part in it. 

Is That the same with Damour, whelean, Martin etc or was that all his fault?

Id say the manager signing a player has more than 10% to play in it. 

I'd almost put it all on the manager and not just choose which players to put on them to suit a narrative. 

LarrysRightFoot
3 hours ago, Goodfella said:

Is it Jarrad Branthwaite? 6ft 4 from Everton, who we were previously linked with. 19 years old. 

That’s who came to mind for me as well. Highly rated though and played for the first team (this season?). 

LarrysRightFoot
13 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

That’s who came to mind for me as well. Highly rated though and played for the first team (this season?). 

Starting for Everton today 

4 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Currently playing in Poland? 

17 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Starting for Everton today 

That probably rules him out then. Looking forward to seeing if the info is true, definitely need to strengthen CB. 

Francis Albert
5 hours ago, naeclue said:

That’s remarkable for Hickey, in a few short years to go from Scotland to Serie A and now the EPL. Congratulations to the lad, he seems to take everything in his stride, wish him every success there. 

Interesting example - opts not to sit in system at Celtic, chooses Hearts as he’ll get a chance to play, and look how that ends up.  

For me this is the real lesson of this. Demonstrates that for a young Scottish player (even one on the books of his "boyhood heroes") there are much greater opportunities out there if they are open minded, ambitious and prepared to take some risks. If he sets an example to others that far outweighs whatever we get from the transfer fee. 

But I fear Aaron may be exceptional and the pull of the OF may prove too strong for most.

It looks as if he has agreed terms with Arsenal in a 21 million deal, good luck to the boy and hopefully it means a decent windfall for us.

TyphoonJambo
28 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I'd take a caseload of floppy discs and a keyboard with half the letters missing as a fair part-exchange for Loic Damour AND Malaury Martin.

You drive a hard bargain jonesy. Would you consider a mini disc player?

Edited by TypoonJambo

TyphoonJambo
3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

If you're not happy with the terms, you can RAM it.

Your loss bud. Its my way or the highway

jamboinglasgow
12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Eventually the sell on fee will appear in the accounts. Maybe 2 years away. 

Thats the thing, I think we will argue over it all summer with no confirmation. And as others have said, its better for us if we do get a few million from sell on fees to make it out that we have got a 6 figure feel as selling clubs or players could try to use us getting extra millions to put prices up.

I do hope the 15% figure is true, but if what an earlier poster confirms is true that is much lower then they are correct that its poor from the club. If we are going to sell a player like Hickey, the sell on fee becomes more important than the original fee (if the original is low.) Though I also think we are in a better position now to hold out for higher fees than we were two years ago.

24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Eventually the sell on fee will appear in the accounts. Maybe 2 years away. 

Unless it’s combined with several other transfer deals for that year. It’s only one line in the accounts - gain or loss on players transactions. 

Ccjambo1874

If the sell on fee is a decent chunk I do think the club is going the right way about it by not letting on what it is. Would only be detrimental to us in regards to signing or sourcing players as they'd know we'd have more ££ than we are letting on. At least if it's kept under wraps it puts us in a better position to negotiate.

I'm quite content to live in the knowledge it might just be a fixed fee and if it shows in the accounts in our statements or after the summer window is concluded and all our business is done it'll be a bonus.

35 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thats the thing, I think we will argue over it all summer with no confirmation. And as others have said, its better for us if we do get a few million from sell on fees to make it out that we have got a 6 figure feel as selling clubs or players could try to use us getting extra millions to put prices up.

I do hope the 15% figure is true, but if what an earlier poster confirms is true that is much lower then they are correct that its poor from the club. If we are going to sell a player like Hickey, the sell on fee becomes more important than the original fee (if the original is low.) Though I also think we are in a better position now to hold out for higher fees than we were two years ago.

Yes I agree with this and I hope we get a serious wedge but it does not come out how much until a year or twos time …………….. we will have money to spend this summer either way and all that matters is we spend it wisely 

28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Unless it’s combined with several other transfer deals for that year. It’s only one line in the accounts - gain or loss on players transactions. 

Yes

But its relatively straightforward to keep track

King prawn
11 hours ago, Hood09 said:

Fairly sure it’s 15%

Craig Levein’s input or the sell on fee ? :lol: 

Batistuta87

For those asking about the sell-on fee, Joel Sked (Jambo journalist) and Laurie Dunsire from Hearts TV were on This Is My Story podcast discussing it. Sked said "is it 15, 20 %?" And Dunsure said "15". Not an impeccable source but about as close to the club as any of us on here will get. I doubt we'll publicly reveal what was agreed because clubs/players/agents will then know how much money we have and try to squeeze extra out of us. We'll find out when accounts are published I'd think. 

Savage said it would be a six figure fee probably not thinking he would go for quite as much as reported now. I think at the time Bologna were looking for £8M from Roma which would have given us £800-900k from 10-15%. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes

But its relatively straightforward to keep track

Roughly but transfer fees are never accurately reported. 

Perth to Paisley

We will be close to confirmation of the detail in the (next set of?) Accounts.

Signs for an EPL club and he's dead to me 😁

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

For those asking about the sell-on fee, Joel Sked (Jambo journalist) and Laurie Dunsire from Hearts TV were on This Is My Story podcast discussing it. Sked said "is it 15, 20 %?" And Dunsure said "15". Not an impeccable source but about as close to the club as any of us on here will get. I doubt we'll publicly reveal what was agreed because clubs/players/agents will then know how much money we have and try to squeeze extra out of us. We'll find out when accounts are published I'd think. 

Savage said it would be a six figure fee probably not thinking he would go for quite as much as reported now. I think at the time Bologna were looking for £8M from Roma which would have given us £800-900k from 10-15%. 

Hoping this is the case, would certainly explain the difference in figures from all over the place

12 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

And Sellick get 30% of that too.

August Landmesser

15% of €25m / £21.26m is over £3m.

That's ok I guess...

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****