**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

Bazzas right boot
59 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Does he think that Celtic will get a percentage of the fixed fee?

No. 

Been clarified about 1000 times. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Anyone know if we get a sell on?

Not sure if its been discussed.

On a serious note. £18m my hoop. Bologna will want more. Boy's being talked about as a top European talent. Guys like thon everton fb, Targett, Cash all getting traded around for that kind of fee. Bologna themselves sold a lad for £20m to Arsenal last year, good player but was he regarded same as Hickey?

You're getting a 19yo with 100 games or thereabouts of top level football incl serie a, Scottish cup finals, internationals, can already slot in like seasoned pro into 4 or 5 positions at that top level. In todays market, i think hes past £18m. Hes also in no rush to leave and doubt theyve any great need to sell. Might be wrong of course but seems this way to me.

Dare i say it but might he be potentially even better than Robertson and Tierney...

Spot on Roy. I think he's unreal. His intelligence and technical ability are just astonishing for a lad of 19. Absolutely no doubt in my mind that he'll be as good as  or better than those two. 

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Anyone know if we get a sell on?

Not sure if its been discussed.

On a serious note. £18m my hoop. Bologna will want more. Boy's being talked about as a top European talent. Guys like thon everton fb, Targett, Cash all getting traded around for that kind of fee. Bologna themselves sold a lad for £20m to Arsenal last year, good player but was he regarded same as Hickey?

You're getting a 19yo with 100 games or thereabouts of top level football incl serie a, Scottish cup finals, internationals, can already slot in like seasoned pro into 4 or 5 positions at that top level. In todays market, i think hes past £18m. Hes also in no rush to leave and doubt theyve any great need to sell. Might be wrong of course but seems this way to me.

Dare i say it but might he be potentially even better than Robertson and Tierney...

Oh, and Joel Sked and Laurie Dunsire said our sell on is 15%. How much they actually know for sure though is anyone's guess. 

£18M would give us £2.7M.

£35M (which is what I think he'll go for this time next season) would give us £5.25M.

Yummyyyyyyy!! 😁

Bologna will sell Hickey for between 18-24million imo. I don't think they'd get more and i don't think they'd accept less. 

Nevertheless, we got a kid for nothing, made a million odd off him and will make a couple more million when he's sold. Phree money. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Bologna will sell Hickey for between 18-24million imo. I don't think they'd get more and i don't think they'd accept less. 

Nevertheless, we got a kid for nothing, made a million odd off him and will make a couple more million when he's sold. Phree money. 

All from an informed punt putting him in the Cup final team 3 years ago. 

A lesson for others. 

Edited by Mikey1874

Francis Albert

Just watching a repeat of Rick Stein in Bologna. Hope Aaron is enjoying the city but for the sake of his future career and value not TOO much.

Perth to Paisley
9 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I was being facetious.

The money is being used to fill on the corners  i understand 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
22 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Just watching a repeat of Rick Stein in Bologna. Hope Aaron is enjoying the city but for the sake of his future career and value not TOO much.

Good episode that one 👍

23 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Fantastic city if you like your grub. 

FarmerTweedy
18 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Fantastic city if you like your grub. 

Guilty as charged, m'lud!

1971fozzy
9 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

If I were him, I would continue my career in Italy and sign for a bigger club.

If he loves it there it’s a no brainer. 

9 minutes ago, The Spy Who Loved Me said:

If I were him, I would continue my career in Italy and sign for a bigger club.

If i were him, id already have blown it all on bevvy, women and sausages.

12 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

If i were him, id already have blown it all on bevvy, women and sausages.

In that order?

scott herbertson
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

In that order?

Depends what the sausage is for I suppose?

9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

All on the same occasion. A proper mad night. 

It appears the internet has an image for everything. :)

_77847626_beer-and-sausages.jpg

1971fozzy
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

🤣🤣🤣

Perth to Paisley
2 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Coming up against Zaniolo, Maitland-Niles and Mancini down his side 

Saw them off ... and their replacements.

Solid performance . . Nothing more.

Fabulous run of results versus 'big boys'

42 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Oh ya beauty. Thats really got my juices going. Baguette n some nice german mustard please, and you can wait n take the dishes hen.

Tynecastle Valhalla

If those two clubs want him it is likely to be €20 mil + 

if hearts do have 15% of profit on a sale then Happy days 

this should be a lesson to Scottish youngsters with the opportunity to play abroad to seize it rather than sign for the old firm 

the lad Henderson seems to be doing well as well; and we all know about Ryan gauld 

All this after having to listen to months of guff about him being desperate to go back to his boyhood club ! Good on ya lad, hopefully a star in the making !

Bindy Badgy
59 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good finishes with both feet so he should be able to fit in well on either side. Very valuable ability to have.

TyphoonJambo
10 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

20m my arse. 30+ then we start talking.

Edited by TypoonJambo

On 02/05/2022 at 20:49, Newton51 said:

I was speaking to a friend of Arron's family and she said that he is ready to "come home".  I think that means to the UK and not Scotland.  Arsenal would be reasonable move.

LarrysRightFoot
49 minutes ago, Yoda said:

I was speaking to a friend of Arron's family and she said that he is ready to "come home".  I think that means to the UK and not Scotland.  Arsenal would be reasonable move.

Surprised by that - not that he’d potentially move to the EPL, it’s always a possibility- but I really thought it seemed like he lives living and playing in Italy 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Arsenal would be a brilliant move for him. So happy for that boy. Managing his career really well so far. Cheeky wee 20m move would be sweet too!

GlasgoJambo
22 minutes ago, Section Q said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12607327/aaron-hickey-exclusive-bologna-left-back-open-to-new-challenge-amid-premier-league-and-serie-a-interest

Brentford, Newcastle, AC Milan are said to be among those tracking Hickey, with Tottenham head coach Antonio Conte also an admirer of the attack-minded full-back.

Brentford, Newcastle, AC Milan, Tottenham, Napoli, Juventus, Arsenal, Villa.

going to be much higher than €20m
Newcastle could be the real cash cow.

….aye but Celtic :rofl:

1 hour ago, Yoda said:

Arsenal have two left backs, Tierney being one, won't be going to Arsenal for me.

Bob Loblaw
23 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Arsenal have two left backs, Tierney being one, won't be going to Arsenal for me.

Tavares is pish and will likely be moved on. Tierney can't be relied on to stay injury free, he'd get plenty games at Arsenal.  Could cover on the right too.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Tavares is pish and will likely be moved on. Tierney can't be relied on to stay injury free, he'd get plenty games at Arsenal.  Could cover on the right too.

Real Madrid are in hard for Tierney, offering £50m already. 

KT is a superb player, but I'm not sure he fits into Arteta's desired shape. The whole left flank needs a rethink with Martinelli looking lost a lot of the time too. 

vegas-voss
3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Was mentioned last week they want him for RB

Bob Loblaw
2 hours ago, Deodato said:

Real Madrid are in hard for Tierney, offering £50m already. 

KT is a superb player, but I'm not sure he fits into Arteta's desired shape. The whole left flank needs a rethink with Martinelli looking lost a lot of the time too. 

Is that confirmed about making a bid? I had seen chat about it but nowt concrete. Would be some move for him.

I think Arteta likes quite narrow fullbacks that can come inside and allow the forward players to go wide. Could suit Hickey with being two footed.

Just imagine we have a 20 % sell on and he moves for £ 25 million in the summer we would be just about tripling our highest ever transfer budget you would think along with Europe cash

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****