**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If so then 2.8m +1.5m - 0.5m (to Celtic) =  £3.8m.

Not a bad piece of business by Levien; makes up for Damour but not for the rest of that shambles.

Why would Celtic get anything from this transfer? They got their sell on fee already when he went from Hearts to Bologna.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

32 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Wait, wasn't there some ITK person on here saying Hickey was definitely going to Arsenal but they were waiting until after the international games to complete the deal? 

Remember it was a done deal for Man City previously 

6 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

There have been a pile of ITK people on this thread with all kinds of bold statements.

Telling us who he was signing for, some saying Hearts would make a fortune others saying we were getting bugger all because the club is run so badly.

Damn!!! If only we'd punted Hickey NFTs to the Jambo faithfull ... then we'd ALL be rolling in ££££s. 🙃

Edited by Wee Mikey

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Why would Celtic get anything from this transfer? They got their sell on fee already when he went from Hearts to Bologna.

Correct.

Mr Elwood P
1 hour ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Loic Damour was his lasting legacy. The Hickey sale might pay for some of his folly.

Hickey, Lafferty and Sow more than covered the CL mishaps in the transfer market. Over £3m alone from Hickey if this Brentford deal goes ahead.  

10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Correct.

Agreed, but there was a wee bit of debate as regards how these transfer things pan out. It all depends on the minutiae of contracts and us fans are the last to find out such details, if ever.

Edited by Wee Mikey

10 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Correct. Some folk really don't pay attention to threads over months and years do they 😮💨

Randy Marsh
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah already have mate.  At the same time the sell on clause has gained us millions it seems.  Youth players trust the pathway under him.

If you throw 100 darts at a dartboard then there is a good chance 1 just might hit the treble 20.  Well done Mr Levein.

3 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

If you throw 100 darts at a dartboard then there is a good chance 1 just might hit the treble 20.  Well done Mr Levein.

A picture is worth a thousand words. 😉

Screenshot_20220702-171321_Google.jpg

Fxxx the SPFL

I’ll wait until the scarf over the head at Brentford b4 counting the pennies 

sent from an iPhone somewhere in the bay of biscay 

33 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I had an argument with a tim on twatter about that and he's adamant that celtic get an additional fee, something to do with the sell on clause he reckons. 

12 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I’ll wait until the scarf over the head at Brentford b4 counting the pennies 

sent from an iPhone somewhere in the bay of biscay 

Watch out for the BIG 🌬 and 🌊. 😄

8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

I had an argument with a tim on twatter about that and he's adamant that celtic get an additional fee, something to do with the sell on clause he reckons. 

pretty sure either Joe or McKinley confirmed that there was NO additional fee to go to celtic

Saint Jambo
4 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Sometimes the sell on clause includes a percentage of all future income the club receives for that player, meaning that money from a deal can flow back through several clubs when a player is sold. Sometimes it is just a percentage of the original fee.

Personally, I feel Hearts should always be looking to insert clauses when we sell players that relate to all future revenue.

In the case of Hickey, it was reported by other posters that we were not due Celtic any more for the sale of Hickey. Then again it was the same event that Savage apparently said we would get a six figure sum when Hickey was sold. We also don't know whether our deal with Bologna just covers the upfront fee or would also include a percentage of add ons and any sell on clause they have with Brentford.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Hickey has played all this well. Earned moves from decent leagues but chosen teams that give him best prospects of playing consistently over no doubt higher £££s.

2 years from now he’ll have over 150 senior games under his belt in top leagues and will get his move as a starter to one of the big Champs league teams where he should stay for at least 10 years.

IMO

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

He is showing the cut Celtic already got from the 1.5 sale.

Fxxx the SPFL
34 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Watch out for the BIG 🌬 and 🌊. 😄

Cheers calm as feck the now like a billiard table 

John Findlay
54 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

A picture is worth a thousand words. 😉

Screenshot_20220702-171321_Google.jpg

Let's see what you could have won😉

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

I thought Brentford was a bit of a disappointing destination for Hickey, but on reflection, it’s probably a good move for him right now. If he goes to a properly big team, he is unlikely to be first choice at his age and will have to wait for his chance. At Brentford he is presumably being signed as a starter. If he can shine for them for a year or two, the massive move will come. (We won’t get anything from it, but hey, I’ll take the £2-3m we think we’ll get)

He'd appear to be following the same thinking he used when signing for Bologna although Bayern Munich were reported to be sniffing.

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Let's see what you could have won😉

This!!! Just the very dab for a wee trip around Inchcolm Island from Newhaven.

Screenshot_20220702-181350_Google.jpg

Saint Jambo
36 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Hickey has played all this well. Earned moves from decent leagues but chosen teams that give him best prospects of playing consistently over no doubt higher £££s.

2 years from now he’ll have over 150 senior games under his belt in top leagues and will get his move as a starter to one of the big Champs league teams where he should stay for at least 10 years.

IMO

I agree. He will be close to a record signing for Brentford so have to assume he will be a starter.

The only risk (other than not being good enough to move up the way further or a horrible injury) is what happens if Brentford get relegated. That kind of blow that is to some degree outside his control, must be more likely at Brentford than Bologna. Players can disappear into the obscurity in the Championship.

13 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Cheers calm as feck the now like a billiard table 

But, but, but ... is it warmer than queuing up outside Tynie at 06:30 for 🏆 tickets?

Fxxx the SPFL
16 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

But, but, but ... is it warmer than queuing up outside Tynie at 06:30 for 🏆 tickets?

True lol 😂 

You need a lot of patience in this game.  Hickey. Ronan, Simms.

Staing the onvious but we just have to wait and see.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, bistokid said:

He got us relegated meaning we needed to sell Hickey. Wouldn't give him any credits should really be looking at 3m plus % but we were in a very weak bargaining position. 

He never extended his contract as he had several big clubs after him. 

CL also never got us relegated. 

He was part of the reason, but he never got us relegated. We weren't even  bottom when he left. 

We weren't relegated either, we got demoted by a vote, not relegated. 

Although no one wanted us playing in the championship, it Could even be  argued that being in the championship during covid minimised our losses and we even  got a grant rather than government loans, so the actual losses caused by demotion are debatable. 

So much wrong in such a short post, so much. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Na.  He messed up massively 2nd time around.  He does deserve credit for this windfall though as well as he deserved to be punted and ripped for all the shan he brought in.

Millions wasted will hopefully be gotten back with the sales of Lafferty and Hickey.  We got unlucky with Soapy who should have made us a few bob tae.  

I don’t think those two cover the losses, welcome though they are. Lots of folk at the club deserve praise for Hickeys development in his time with us.
Souttars injury problems were unlucky but also mismanaged, nobody is going to spend money on someone who wasn’t able to play 20 games in a row for us in six years. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

If so then 2.8m +1.5m - 0.5m (to Celtic) =  £3.8m.

Not a bad piece of business by Levien; makes up for Damour but not for the rest of that shambles.

He isn’t solely responsible for the lads progression, sale and resale though is he?

How much has been wasted whilst bringing the odd player through?

iwasthere1954
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Agreed, but there was a wee bit of debate as regards how these transfer things pan out. It all depends on the minutiae of contracts and us fans are the last to find out such details, if ever.

Why should the fans get to know the details of transfers. It's all business. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, he made many mistakes but he did sell a few players for

money. 

Mulreny and Lafferty got us close to £1m as well in profit. 

This looks like our biggest amount from a player outside of Gordon, looks like around £3-£4m Hickey has gotten us. 

The simple folk will ignore his previous positive spells with us and even ignore this great bit of transfer business. 

How did the sale of Mulraney and Lafferty makes us a million in PROFIT ffs? 
Even for you that’s nonsense. 
Mulraney was sold for £200k, Lafferty £450k. 
When you deduct tax, wages, bonuses and agents fees we would be lucky to have made £100k. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, iwasthere1954 said:

Maybe if they own the club the fees should be released to us?

CostaJambo
44 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

I agree. He will be close to a record signing for Brentford so have to assume he will be a starter.

The only risk (other than not being good enough to move up the way further or a horrible injury) is what happens if Brentford get relegated. That kind of blow that is to some degree outside his control, must be more likely at Brentford than Bologna. Players can disappear into the obscurity in the Championship.

His old man will probably have got him an escape clause if they get relegated. Please about the deal, was starting to think he may stay at Bologna and wind his contract down to leave on a free.

iwasthere1954
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe if they own the club the fees should be released to us?

I personally don't think we should be releasing this kind of information as every club knows what monies we have to spend. I know we're all called owners however I think of us being shareholders. 

1 minute ago, iwasthere1954 said:

I personally don't think we should be releasing this kind of information as every club knows what monies we have to spend. I know we're all called owners however I think of us being shareholders. 

Exactly this, last thing we need is a selling club knowing how much cash we've got kicking about.  Which is why just about every transfer fee is undisclosed these days.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

How did the sale of Mulraney and Lafferty makes us a million in PROFIT ffs? 
Even for you that’s nonsense. 
Mulraney was sold for £200k, Lafferty £450k. 
When you deduct tax, wages, bonuses and agents fees we would be lucky to have made £100k. 

Almost £1m...

Lafferty was £650k,Mulreny around £250k.

Both signed for he haw. 

£900k ish= almost £1m

Pretty sure walker to Wigan was sold for about £250k, can't remember who was manager tho, I think it was CL. 

As, dof Sow was about £1.8m and we sold the likes of Rossi for a fee as well. 

All the above cost nothing in transfer fees. 

Now Hickey could net us between £3-£4m.

Subtracting players wages when discussing transfer fees and profits is a new one tho. 

I know when it comes to Bob and CL you like to stretch things, but ffs. 

Just admit, not everything he did was bad and things like this are good and was down largely to him. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

We are owners. 

I want a seat at the negotiating table. 😎

We should all see the shortlist and then vote on who we get and how we get them. 

Imagine, we'd be starting the season with Irving, Lafferty etc. Mckay, probably even CG wouldn't have made the cut🤣🤣

Boyce would be punted and Henderson would be up top with Simms incoming for £4m and on £30k a week! 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, iwasthere1954 said:

Yeah it doesn’t need to come out at the time but it will when the accounts are published. It will be in instalments too obviously. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Almost £1m...

Lafferty was £650k,Mulreny around £250k.

Both signed for he haw. 

£900k ish= almost £1m

Pretty sure walker to Wigan was sold for about £250k, can't remember who was manager tho, I think it was CL. 

As, dof Sow was about £1.8m and we sold the likes of Rossi for a fee as well. 

All the above cost nothing in transfer fees. 

Now Hickey could net us between £3-£4m.

Subtracting players wages when discussing transfer fees and profits is a new one tho. 

I know when it comes to Bob and CL you like to stretch things, but ffs. 

Just admit, not everything he did was bad and things like this are good and was down largely to him. 

You can’t say it’s profit though and not discount the cost of it ffs, no way did Rangers pay £650k for him. 
I think it’s you that needs to admit the vast majority of what he did was disastrous, with extremely few positives, everyone else does. 
Thankfully he’s away from the club and at somewhere on a level he belongs at, we are still cleaning up the mess he left. 

Delighted for him getting a shot at the EPL, although if being really honest it's probably not quite the move he was hoping for, especially with the likes of Arsenal previously reported as interested.

Should be a decent wedge incoming.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Think they are referring to the initial fee we got from Bologna not the potential sell-on 

Probably should’ve showed the tweet.

C137535E-3A38-4289-9CFD-64C96C323194.jpeg

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Wrong, they say 1.5m was the fee Bologna paid for him

Poor journalism as always. 

9F455CC4-1000-42A4-819A-855815077700.jpeg

Edited by Pasquale for King

Portable Badger
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Probably should’ve showed the tweet.

C137535E-3A38-4289-9CFD-64C96C323194.jpeg

Yeah cheers just saw that on another thread.  Only bbc article I’ve seen was the Kheredine one - where is does state the £1.5m initial fee.  Guess we’re all hoping we managed to get a far greater sell on percentage than their suggested 10% in the tweet

upgotheheads
3 hours ago, Cruyff said:

3 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Correct. Some folk really don't pay attention to threads over months and years do they 😮💨

The £.5m is the sell-on fee from the first transfer not this one, that has to be taken into account over the whole process. I didn't say Celtic were getting anything from this move.🤨

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Yeah cheers just saw that on another thread.  Only bbc article I’ve seen was the Kheredine one - where is does state the £1.5m initial fee.  Guess we’re all hoping we managed to get a far greater sell on percentage than their suggested 10% in the tweet

Definitely 

16 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

The £.5m is the sell-on fee from the first transfer not this one, that has to be taken into account over the whole process. I didn't say Celtic were getting anything from this move.🤨

Celtic are getting nothing.  Just like we'll not get anything when he moves on from Brentford, to bigger and better things.

I'm happy with the ££££s we are getting now.

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****