**** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****

Perth to Paisley

On 18/06/2022 at 21:35, 1971fozzy said:

going to Brentford doesn’t exactly get the juices flowing. I’d stay put if I was him

I'm down there fairly often for work, the only positive about Brentford is that it's reasonably close to Heathrow, place is an utter dive although with the money he'd be on he could get a nice pad to stay in Richmond

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Perth to Paisley

• Sooks

• Bazzas right boot

1 hour ago, Ribble said:

I'm down there fairly often for work, the only positive about Brentford is that it's reasonably close to Heathrow, place is an utter dive although with the money he'd be on he could get a nice pad to stay in Richmond

I'd put the lad up until he settled. Although he'd be living a little closer to his boss than he might like...

There would be a lot positive for him moving to Brentford (it is a shithole as you say and one of the four pubs around the old Griffin Park was the HQ for the SW London Celtic supporters club - which was a shame as it was a decent boozer).

A great set up there, and Frank is an excellent manager/coach. Their plan would also be to develop and sell him - their model so its an excellent foundation for a top move when he's around the 21 year old mark, having had a hell of a lot of experience by then for such a young lad.

Edited by Jammy T

9 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

I'd put the lad up until he settled. Although he'd be living a little closer to his boss than he might like...

There would be a lot positive for him moving to Brentford (it is a shithole as you say and one of the four pubs around the old Griffin Park was the HQ for the SW London Celtic supporters club - which was a shame as it was a decent boozer).

A great set up there, and Frank is an excellent manager/coach. Their plan would also be to develop and sell him - their model so its an excellent foundation for a top move when he's around the 21 year old mark, having had a hell of a lot of experience by then for such a young lad.

Despite it being a celtic pub it's still a decent boozer to watch football tbh, last time I was down it was international week and they had all 4 of the home nations on at least 1 tv, anywhere else was just showing the engerlund game, Noel that runs it is a decent bloke too

On 18/06/2022 at 21:35, 1971fozzy said:

going to Brentford doesn’t exactly get the juices flowing. I’d stay put if I was him

3x salary though. 

I P Knightley
10 hours ago, Jammy T said:

A fellow West Londoner? I don't know where Brentford have put Franks up but there are plenty of big houses by Kew, Chiswick, Gunnersbury (the NK embassy) and Ealing that would suit a professional player. 

I've a few Brentford pals and they seem to think a deal will happen. That said, there's an awful lot of chat surrounding the lad. 

4 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Sure I seen him in Edinburgh earlier today 

Are you sure? It's hard to tell with all these youngsters sporting identical hair cuts.

Holyrood_Hearts
Just now, Wee Mikey said:

Are you sure? It's hard to tell with all these youngsters sporting identical hair cuts.

I waved at someone earlier looking a lot like him 😂

On 21/06/2022 at 21:33, I P Knightley said:

A fellow West Londoner? I don't know where Brentford have put Franks up but there are plenty of big houses by Kew, Chiswick, Gunnersbury (the NK embassy) and Ealing that would suit a professional player. 

I've a few Brentford pals and they seem to think a deal will happen. That said, there's an awful lot of chat surrounding the lad. 

Wouldn't want to disclose too much as it isn't fair, however, East Sheen.

Nice guy and family. Very modest. Would be a good manager for a young lad IMO.

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Wouldn't want to disclose too much as it isn't fair, however, East Sheen.

Nice guy and family. Very modest. Would be a good manager for a young lad IMO.

Understood. I can see that as being a comfortable area for a nice young professional.

I've already said that I think Brentford would be a good move for him for various reasons. The personnel and club philosophy are high on the list. 

On 21/06/2022 at 22:42, Holyrood_Hearts said:

I waved at someone earlier looking a lot like him 😂

Bet you received a two finger response or maybe an air kiss

On 20/06/2022 at 19:58, Dick Dastardly said:

I just hope he does transfer before his contract runs down

Longest transfer in the history of transfers!

• 2 weeks later...
John Findlay

This is speculation on my part as I don't know the true percentage of the sell on.

Say it is 15%, then we would be due £2.1M. So fingers crossed.

hughesie27

If he was still at us and Brentford were interested we would probably get 3 million for him.

Italian Lambretta

How does it work with add-ons? Do we get a few now and more in the future depending on what Brentford have agreed with Bologna.

2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

If he was still at us and Brentford were interested we would probably get 3 million for him.

Aye but that probably has turned into a definitely. Besides, we could have lost him for zip.

According to the Sun...

""Reports in Italy have suggested Bologna and Brentford have now agreed an initial fee of £14.5 million, which could rise to £17.25 million with add-ons.""

I thought Brentford was a bit of a disappointing destination for Hickey, but on reflection, it’s probably a good move for him right now. If he goes to a properly big team, he is unlikely to be first choice at his age and will have to wait for his chance. At Brentford he is presumably being signed as a starter. If he can shine for them for a year or two, the massive move will come. (We won’t get anything from it, but hey, I’ll take the £2-3m we think we’ll get)

10 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Wondering if we'll just pay the half mill for Ronan now. 🤔

Tempting. I wonder if Simms is where we most want to spend cash though.

Jambo in Bathgate

It’s been a long time since we capitalised on a players transfer. I believe we have systems in place now to have many more. 

1 hour ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Nice mark up for Bologna 

... and us hopefully 

If it's 22m euros that's nearly 19m pounds.    Hopefully 2.8m+ for Hearts.   I wonder if it's  more than 15%. 😎

Italian Lambretta
7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

CL's lasting legacy to the club. 

Loic Damour was his lasting legacy. The Hickey sale might pay for some of his folly.

13 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You should listen to Craig levein Amy irons podcast. Youth development more about the player and not the club. Said he let Doig go for his own benefit as already has hickey. 

Perth to Paisley

As a calcio fan he's dead to me.

😁

Having watched a lot of him playing in Serie A his failings are pace and power - abundant in the EPL.

When he bulks up he will be real asset.

Naisys Tackle
16 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

You should listen to Craig levein Amy irons podcast. Youth development more about the player and not the club. Said he let Doig go for his own benefit as already has hickey. 

Yeah already have mate.  At the same time the sell on clause has gained us millions it seems.  Youth players trust the pathway under him.

Naisys Tackle
24 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Loic Damour was his lasting legacy. The Hickey sale might pay for some of his folly.

More than pay the wages back.

Pasquale for King
46 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

You make it sound like he’s some guru, one player in his time looking after the youth system that’s made us money. 
The other damage that he caused, the millions he wasted will be his legacy no matter what anyone thinks or says. 
Found his level now. 

Naisys Tackle
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You make it sound like he’s some guru, one player in his time looking after the youth system that’s made us money. 
The other damage that he caused, the millions he wasted will be his legacy no matter what anyone thinks or says. 
Found his level now. 

Na.  He messed up massively 2nd time around.  He does deserve credit for this windfall though as well as he deserved to be punted and ripped for all the shan he brought in.

Millions wasted will hopefully be gotten back with the sales of Lafferty and Hickey.  We got unlucky with Soapy who should have made us a few bob tae.  

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Na.  He messed up massively 2nd time around.  He does deserve credit for this windfall though as well as he deserved to be punted and ripped for all the shan he brought in.

Millions wasted will hopefully be gotten back with the sales of Lafferty and Hickey.  We got unlucky with Soapy who should have made us a few bob tae.  

Got a small wedge for Uche also 🤣

Arthur Morgan

Wait, wasn't there some ITK person on here saying Hickey was definitely going to Arsenal but they were waiting until after the international games to complete the deal? 

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Wait, wasn't there some ITK person on here saying Hickey was definitely going to Arsenal but they were waiting until after the international games to complete the deal? 

Potato potato, both London clubs in the Prem :lol: 

Surely Bolgona aren't going to waste a load of the money on Doig, just incase it works out similar? 

Edited by Robbies Tackle

Bazzas right boot
58 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yeah already have mate.  At the same time the sell on clause has gained us millions it seems.  Youth players trust the pathway under him.

Yeah, he made many mistakes but he did sell a few players for

money. 

Mulreny and Lafferty got us close to £1m as well in profit. 

This looks like our biggest amount from a player outside of Gordon, looks like around £3-£4m Hickey has gotten us. 

The simple folk will ignore his previous positive spells with us and even ignore this great bit of transfer business. 

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, HMFC01 said:

If it's 22m euros that's nearly 19m pounds.    Hopefully 2.8m+ for Hearts.   I wonder if it's  more than 15%. 😎

If so then 2.8m +1.5m - 0.5m (to Celtic) =  £3.8m.

Not a bad piece of business by Levien; makes up for Damour but not for the rest of that shambles.

12 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeah, he made many mistakes but he did sell a few players for

money. 

Mulreny and Lafferty got us close to £1m as well in profit. 

This looks like our biggest amount from a player outside of Gordon, looks like around £3-£4m Hickey has gotten us. 

The simple folk will ignore his previous positive spells with us and even ignore this great bit of transfer business. 

Did we not also get £1M for Sow?

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hearts-make-15million-osman-sow-7286680.amp#amp_tf=From %1%24s&aoh=16567767898954&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com

Edited by Wee Mikey
Daily Record report added

8 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

If so then 2.8m +1.5m - 0.5m (to Celtic) =  £3.8m.

Not a bad piece of business by Levien; makes up for Damour but not for the rest of that shambles.

He got us relegated meaning we needed to sell Hickey. Wouldn't give him any credits should really be looking at 3m plus % but we were in a very weak bargaining position. 

1 minute ago, bistokid said:

He got us relegated meaning we needed to sell Hickey. Wouldn't give him any credits should really be looking at 3m plus % but we were in a very weak bargaining position. 

He played his part, BIG time, but I seem to remember a certain German bloke being in charge v St Midden. 🤔

queensferryjambo
25 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

There have been a pile of ITK people on this thread with all kinds of bold statements.

Telling us who he was signing for, some saying Hearts would make a fortune others saying we were getting bugger all because the club is run so badly.

• davemclaren changed the title to **** Official Premiership Hickey Thread ( merged ) ****